[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this stupid fucking game I was in the fucking battle tree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 32

File: maxresdefault.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
Fuck this stupid fucking game I was in the fucking battle tree doing multi battle and I get to round 20 and this dumb fuck Reba fucking shell smashes 4 times in a row and dies and than uses agility 5 times in a row and dies. How fucking rigged is this shit, these npcs just gang banged me until I died why my stupid fucking NPC that I carried the entire way here does literally fucking nothing and makes us lose. This shit is so fucking gay.
>>
>doing fine in the battle tree
>opponent uses attract
>for 15 turns (I counted) my Pokemon doesn't attack while the opponent very slowly kills it
>attacking 1, O N E, time would've won me the match

It's like any time RNG enters the game I instantly lose. Confused? Might as well forfeit.
90% accurate attacks? Might as well be 50% if I'm using it.
>>
>>30552479
Op here I got hit by 5 sings in a row earlier. And than missed 5 stone edges in a row and than got hit by 4 thunders in a row and 2 of them paralyzed me. Gotta love biased RNG
>>
>>30552396
Just happened again shell smash,shell smash,shell smash,feather dance, agility,agility.

WOW SO FUN
>>
>>30552396
5 quick claws in a row on other team
>>
>>30552479
Same fucking thing with me
>>
get good
>>
fucking christ there's a difference between 'then' and 'than' it's fucking confusing reading these
>>
>>30553700
if that really confuses you I think you need mental attention.
>>
>>30554337
Not him but goddamn learn how to spell nigga
>>
Well, i lost at 44 consecutive win at super single battle with:
Kartana
Mimikyu
Ash-Greninja
>>
...I'm really hoping all those saved up points i have can be transferred to gen 7. I'm not gonna stress myself out with this shit honestly
>>
>>30552479
I missed against Sand Veil Garchomp 9 times in a row.

They need to figure out a way to make the battle facilities challenging without making them outright cheat.
>>
>>30554445
Nope my boy, time to connect and pray Nintendies didn't remove Pokémon Bank's feature of giving you free BP
>>
The battle facility has always cheated at higher win records in every gen since they were introduced.

Just be happy they don't use illegal Pokémon anymore.
>>
>>30554510
Shell Smash Kommo-o exists, so yes, illegal pokemon are still available to the computer.

For some reason, the RNG feels a lot more brutal this time around. Even the Maison didn't get this bad until you were way up there.
>>
>>30554462
My bad I was talking about bank. Literally have 2966 battle points just sitting there...I swear If I can use them in moon I may hack them in.
>>
>>30552396
>tfw reba killed blue's tyranitar and we rekt red and blue
She didn't fail me a second time. We lost on round 8 before.
>>
This is why we need something like Black Tower/White Treehollow, just with more options.

Battle trainers, get money and shiny Pokémon when you beat one, level up your team, and you can just buy the BP restricted stuff, they'll just be expensive.
>>
>>30554657
Or something easier but still challenging and fun like the PWT. Could grind that shit with relative ease AND you could save before each match. Fuck I miss BW2's half priced BP items. Not even sure why they doubled that in gen 6 again
>>
I had a glaceon that only used blizzard and had its quick claw activate 5 times in a row and got a critical hit twice.
>>
>>30554657
That was pretty much the best way to level up your Pokemon to level 100 that's ever existed, too.
>>
I wish I could have another partner besides Reba.
>>
>>30554698
I'd prefer a post game area where I can still level my team, though. That was honestly the best part of the Tower/Treehollow. I actually stopped playing with a team that broke level 90.
>>
>>30554657
Something like that would only work if it had level scaling.
Emerald had level scaling...
I don't get why they don't let us get exp or money in battle tree.

Now we are stuck grinding elite 4 if we want all the clothes.
>>
>>30552396
>Use Pheromosa, Nihilego, and Tapu Koko
>Tear through the tree like it's nothing
I didn't even EV train them
>>
>>30554730

Scout them in single battles for 10BP

My partner has a wicked Arcanine with Firium Z and a Volcarona that saved my ass against a Milotic/Vanilluxe
>>
>>30554747
Aim for the starf berry 200 win streak then.
>>
File: 1445393432259.png (800KB, 672x667px) Image search: [Google]
1445393432259.png
800KB, 672x667px
>tfw swept by Endeavor

Haven't touched the game in two days. That pissed me the fuck off.
>>
>>30554740
The level scaling was fine. It was easy as fuck to get a team to level 100 while getting a few rewards. Imagine being able to grind a full team after EV training them, then hyper train them, AND earn the items you need for competitive in basically the same location. Toss in a circular town you can constantly walk in and a day care and you have one of the best locations in the game.
>>
>>30554805
>he didn't run into trouble with that gengar, the shell smasher, or quick claw sheer cold.

Just wait. It gets worse.
>>
>Attracted by a Blissey
>Followed by Thunder wave
>Switch out
>It happens again
>It has a fucking recovery move

I eventually lucked into killing it by a crit, but jesus that was horrible
>>
>>30552479
Lost on round 10 because
Ice Beam - Freeze
Flare Blitz - unfreeze
Ice Beam - Freeze
Flare Blitz - unfreeze
Ice Beam - Freeze
Flare Blitz - unfreeze, kill

And then the next pokemon spammed Blizzard and froze all 3 of my pokemon with 1 Blizzard each
>>
>>30554736
Oh yeah I'm not saying black tower was bad or anything. One of my favorite grinding spots to get EXP and Money.
>>
>>30554657
Wait where was this? I don't remember this at all
>>
File: sanic eating a cheeseburger.png (528KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
sanic eating a cheeseburger.png
528KB, 1000x751px
>>30554740
>Now we are stuck grinding elite 4 if we want all the clothes.

You uhh...know you can grind infinite stardust, star pieces and comet shards in the area right before the battle tree with the sightseer couple on poni island right? Break the 4 rock there over and over and you'll have plenty of cash to spare in no time.
>>
Lads I keep getting fucked wrecked 4-5 battles into the battle tree because I have no counter to literally any steel type physical wall. What should I replace with a good special attacker?

Salamence - Adamant
Dragon Fang (haven't got enough points for life orb or anything else good yet so my items are all shit)
Speed 252/Attack 252/ Defense 4
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

Toxapex - Impish
>tfw haven't got leftovers yet
Def 252/ Sp Def 252/ Speed 4
Baneful Bunker
Toxic
Liquidation
Recover

Mimikyu - Adamant
Quick Claw
Attack 252/ Speed 252/ Defense 4
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Wood Hammer
X-Scizzor

Pls help, any physical wall resistant to poison puts an end to my streak
>>
>>30555099
Pretty sure the game gives you a free life orb, m8.
>>
>>30555180

Sheeeeeeeeit
>>
This shit is the ultimate cancer.
Even the worlds best player can't consistently win against this shit I bet, you basically cheat the system or you play a game of luck. I'll wait for the cheap teams to get figured out and not bother for a month or so.

have fun faggots
>>
>>30555187
It's in the Resolution cave just next to the Tree.
Also tryy getting Swords Dance on your Mimikyu, if you get fucked up by physical walls that's because you can't boost for shit.
>>
>>30555214

Cool. I'll dump X-Scizzor for it
>>
File: RAW.png (237KB, 465x346px) Image search: [Google]
RAW.png
237KB, 465x346px
>>30555099
>Mimikyu - Adamant
It's supposed to be Jolly.
>>
File: image_3.gif (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.gif
206KB, 500x500px
>stockpile 3x
>roost or rest
>>
>>30555099
Munchlaxes always hold leftovers on the route above your house (I think 2)
>>
>Getting my mimikyu stall-walled by a togedemaru.

This Pikachu: Hedgehog Edition is full on cancer.
>>
>>30555311
Yeah I had a few of them in a row to counter my mimikyu before. With life orb I took damage 3 fucking times every time I attacked him.
>>
>>30555238

It outspeeds everything regardless. If it starts getting fucked up later on I'll try a jolly one
>>
Any of you have a team that can reliably get to a streak of 30. The tree is gonna be my main way of bottle cap farming.

Daily max streak prizes are a think they should have implemented sooner:
>>
>>30555400

It will, NPC I.V'S and general mon strength goes up as you get farther along.
>>
>That one fucking pokemon that's carrying brightpowder that ruins your run in one fucking miss.

WHY IS THIS ITEM IN THE GAME? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I'm surprised at the lack of quick claw/ohko attack complaints. They don't exist this gen?
>>
>>30555567
>tfw it was carrying lax incense all along
>>
The Battle Tree has been the hardest thing I've encountered after playing all games. Haven't made it passed two wins. But that's most likely because the rest of my Pokémon aren't fully evolved to Lv. 100

My team consists of:
>Decidueye
>Raichu (Alola Varient)
>Toucannon
>Vikavolt
>Lycanroc (Midday Form)
>Kommo-o
>>
>>30555516

I'll breed another one in that case.
Breeding and IVs are so fucking easy in this game it hardly even matters
>>
>>30555835

What has level 100 got to do with anything?
>>
Holy shit swords dance on mimikyu is fucking ridiculous.

Thanks for the rec lads
>>
File: 1354060016398.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1354060016398.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
>>30555835
>Mentions 6 pokemon, when you can only use 2/3/4 for the modes respectively because -
>Battle Tree
>Mentions they aren't lvl 100, like it matters because -
>Battle Tree
>>
File: 1464000725326.jpg (106KB, 686x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464000725326.jpg
106KB, 686x800px
How well will this carry me?

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Moonblast

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Conversion
- Recover

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
>>
>>30552396
Had an Araquanid fuck my shit up in Doubles. Stockpiled 3 times, Double Teamed 6 times, then proceeded to just use Toxic on everything while I sat there missing everything.
>>
>>30556621
>- High Jump Kick
>Wanting to put your luck into high jump miss in the RNG slogfest that is the tree.
>>
>>30556621
>>30556718
If only waifubug got Close Combat
>>
>u asked for post-game so we have given you endgame. did u rike it?
>>
>>30555099
>No Leftovers
Toxapex can also use Black Sludge, anon.
>>
>>30556621
Porygon-Z is too frail to use Recover reliably. I'd switch that for Tri Attack which can be useful if you need a quick one-turn nuke instead of a boost.
>>
>Consistently get to 45+ with a legit team.
>AI uses hacks like SS Kommo-o, etc to end streak.
>Say fuck it and gen a few hack mons of my own.
>49 streak
>punk girl sends out a Skarmory
>I'm down to just a hack machamp with max IV and speed invest, No Guard, two OHKO moves, and two other moves with low pp.
>skarmory evades all non ohko moves
>click sheer cold
>skarmory's sturdy...
>no effect
>fissure
>no effect
>get paraflinched
>lose on 49

Well, at least the tree is challenging.
>>
>>30557055
>No Guard
>skarmory evades all non ohko moves

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30557090
You cheat, game cheats harder.
>skynet confirmed
>>
>>30557090
>Brain.exe has stopped responding.
Meant to say endures. As in survives.
>>
>>30557090

The game will use a Sturdy Skarmory to get back at you.
>>
I'm having moderate success with Sylvally (Steel), Buzzwole and Nihilego.
>>
Just hit 17 with that Mimikyu toxapex salamence team.

Salamence has been mvp since I got life orb. I suspect once I get mega salamence I'll be able to push through to the 20s or 30s.

Can further optimise by going Jolly on Mimikyu, as with swords dance I don't really need the adamant attack.

Considering switching toxapex as the inability to do shit to steel types or indeed to not become totally useless if taunted really hinders it. Thinking Magearna once I get it later today. What do people think of it?
>>
>>30557630
I don't think Magearna is allowed as it is a Mythical Pokémon but I haven't confirmed that
>>
>>30557765

Turbogay. What's another good substitute for it?
Maybe Wishiwashi? It seems fucking great
>>
>>30557835
its garbage
>>
>>30555235
Why are you using X-Scissor at all? Mimikyu gets Leech Life, same BP but also heals you. Not sure but it may be better than Wood Hammer, although it'd make it difficult for you to take on bulky waters.

I think you even get the TM earlier, since I have it already but not X-Scissor.
>>
>>30557835
I've been running MegaMence with Aegislash and they cover for each other nicely. If you hate Ghost-type overlap you might wanna try Porygon2 or Porygon-Z
>>
>>30557878

First time trying postgame in Pokemon, still learning. It won't be better than wood hammer as Mimikyu is a physical attacker, and healing doesn't matter as typically if Mimikyu takes a hit post substitute it's going down.

>>30557910
I'm thinking of it. How tanky is porygon Z?
>>
>>30558008
>How tanky is porygon Z?

About as tanky as a wet paper bag.
>>
>>30558008
leech life is a physical move
>>
If there's a plus side to Battle Tree compared to other versions of it, it's that the pool of pokemon the AI can use seems very limited this time around. If you're having trouble with regular Singles, use Aqua Jet Golisopod, it can practically solo every single non-super team by itself. I've never not gone 20.
>>
>not JKSM-scumming the battle tree every 10 fights

i shiggy pig
>>
>>30558221
At that point you may as well hack in the BP items
>>
>>30557037
>too frail
>+1/+1 defenses and aurora veil in ideal conditions
>>
>>30558252
??
it's all about the 50-win pose bro
>>
>>30558221
JKSM?
>>
>>30557090
Sturdy grants you 100% immunity to OHKO moves.
>>
File: 1475338352651.png (142KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
1475338352651.png
142KB, 225x259px
>108 streak in singles
>74 streak in doubles
>can't get past 40 in multi

multi battles are the worst fucking shit ever holy shit, I even have Anabel as my partner and she has two of her fucking legendaries. She still does stupid ass shit that makes me lose like double protecting with her Raikou when she could outspeed and OHKO something that will kill me.
>>
I've been doing pretty well with my team of Golisopod, Kartana, and M-Mence, just reached 30 but I took a break.
I've gotten a few close calls with confuse/double team faggotry.
Will this be able to take me all the way to 50, or should I swap out one of them?
All of them seem to do their fair share of work.
>>
>>30558513
My best team is Golisopod/Kartana/Nihilego. Goli softens the lead up then EEs out, then I switch in whichever UB is the better matchup and KO for a boost. Nihilego carries the life orb, Kartana carries a Fightium-Z for his sacred sword because I found that he had trouble with steel types since he lacks a neutral STAB for them.
>>
>>30552587
>Lose with jobber as a partner
>Keeps his jobbing partner
WOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW NOT TO TRY A NEW PARTNER
>>
File: 1410360939457.png (13KB, 551x349px) Image search: [Google]
1410360939457.png
13KB, 551x349px
>mfw Sub Confuse Ray Double Team Smogonwash
literally the worst form of cancer, thankfully the awful set only included an electric move so i walled it with my Mudsdale but i ended up switching over and over until the Rotom Struggled to death

also i don't believe confusion has been nerved, i ALWAYS hit myself, 4 times in a row even
>>
>>30558598
Doesn't anything try to quake your team?
Ground immunity is half the reason I made a Salamence.
>>
>enemy sent out a crabominable
>first attack crits
>anger point
What the fuck?
Both hyper cutter and iron fist are much better than anger point, normally.
Did the game literally give me a crit just so its otherwise retarded ability choice would work?
>>
>>30552396
>buy mega scizorite
>win every match
>>
>>30558729
There are two sets that give my team any problems, Scarfchomp and Megachomp. Megachomp can be dealt with by Kartana, which can KO after chip and survives an EQ, Scarfchomp is also dealt with by Kartana if he's not injured.

Kartana has dogshit special bulk but will not die to a neutral EQ. The scarf set will usually dragon claw on my Golisopod anyways and if it gets locked into that it can't do shit to me.
>>
>>30558513

How good is mega scizor?
>>
Sure reeks of newfags here
>>
>>30558961
Not nearly as good as it should be because it lost all of its tutor moves. After bank it'll be better.
>>
Maybe you guys should stop being shitters and actually play to win.
>>
>>30552396

The game gives you the answer: Mega Alakazam.

I'm at a 75 streak in Super Singles because Mega Alakazam murders everything.

I run Sash Lead Lycanroc (Day), Mega Zam, and my shiny Adamant trained Primeape.
>>
>>30559098

What do you run on Zam?

Speed/Sp attack? Nature?
>>
thoughts on xurkitree with tailwind backup?
>>
>>30559151

Spe/Spa and Modest. Even if it doesn't oneshot something(which is rare), it can take any non SE hit once to guarantee the 2KO.

Trace is hella awesome too. Definitely save Mega if you can to trace some broken abilities.

Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam moveset.
>>
>>30555099
You can get a Life Orb from Resolution Cave, and Leftovers from any Munchlax on R2.
>>
>My doubles team is immune to evade fuckery
DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO HAVE AN EASY GAME
>>
I keep getting smashed around 20-30 battles in. Any tips? They're all using ideal IVs with the exception of aegislash having 31 speed which is probably not a good idea.

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z ( I might get choice scraf and just spam earthquake)
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon claw
- Sword dance
- Poison Jab

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
>>
>>30554834
>quick claw sheer cold
>tfw Ice-Types are immune to sheer cold
>>
>>30556621
You got the right idea for doubles, but it's not gonna work so well in singles. You'll either run into crits that completely decimate Porygon-Z or Brick Breakers.

Also
>Mentioning 0Atk IVs
Fucking cheaters can't even win a simple challenge without resorting to hacks lmao.
>>
>>30558363
Save Manager. Basically Save States.
>>
>>30558492
Mind posting your team for doubles. I keep eating it at 40's.
>>
>>30560971

What typically kills you?
That seems a fairly serviceable team, i was going to run something similar as my Salamence, toxapex, mimikyu only takes me as far as the late teens typically
>>
>>30558221
It can't back up my save, so I just use powersaves instead.
>>
>>30561228
Latest run a rain dance x2 dragon dance gyarados swept my team with aqua tail. I had aegislash on and I couldnt switch on time.
>>
>>30554510
The difference is that now the bullshit starts lot sooner.
>>
>>30554747
>Use Pheromosa, Nihilego, and Tapu Koko

Which moves? I go with Peromosa, Celesteela and Tapu lele and I still lose before 20 due to bullshit.

The most blatant case was a Gyarados that used dragon dance, ate a thunderbolt in the face and fucker survived with a fucking 1 ps and wiped all my team.
>>
>>30561111
>He doesn't have a 0IV ditto
>>
>>30561586
So you hack the parent. Neat-o.
>>
Just got my 50 streak in singles with this team:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Any ideas for a doubles team?
>>
>>30561697

Did you find respeccing greninja made it job less? It needs to one shot and the mixed attacking EVs it came with are no good for that.

Also, where did you pick up that Dragonite?
>>
>>30561697
I'm still working on mine. Just lost to a Snow Cloak Sandslash and missing 3 times in a row, but that's definitely something that won't happen every run.

Ninetales @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/ 252Sp.A / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Blizzard
-Aurora Veil
-Dazzling Gleam
-Dark Pulse/Filler

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Tri-Attack

Salamence @ Salemncite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Fire fang
-Outrage
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
>>
>>30561852
How good is the Ninetales? Do you just use it for the screens mostly?
>>
>>30561111
He made those sets on showdown to post them, and it automatically sets to 0 atk if you don't have physical moves
>>
>>30562039
Pheromosa has hjk uturn and posoin job?
>>
>>30562105
It also doesn't have 0 attack IVs
>>
>>30561976
I need it for the Hail and Screens. Porygon-Z turns into Ice-type with Z-conversion and gets +1 across all stats.

Then it's just Blizzard spam. Other than, it's pretty much dead weight, it doesn't hit nearly as hard as any of the other Pokemon.
>>
Can stall / support chansey still work? We can't get seismic toss but I was thinking of switching to
Minimize
Soft boiled
Toxic
Aromatherapy

Thoughts?
>>
>>30562159
That seems like fun - I'll have to try that porygon-Z set with it. Adaptability, perfect accuracy blizzards sound great.
>>
>>30562208
>Trying out-stall the AI.

Sounds like torture, to be honest.
>>
>>30562241
Chansey + calm mind minimize clefable + some paralyze bot seems fun as fuck
>>
>>30561759
Greninja worked out really well, 100% worth it IMO to remove those attack EVs. Essentially having 2 megas on 1 team made life easier.

I got a HA dratini from the GTS, and then bred a better one.
>>
I've been trying various team and think that this will get me through super singles. Any glaring weaknesses here?

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Miss

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- HP Ice
- Thunder

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
>>
>>30562652

Xurkitree will job hard later on.He's slow as shit
>>
>>30562652
I had to get rid of Xurkitree.
Too slow and can't take a hit even with scarf.
>>
File: d4516.jpg (383KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
d4516.jpg
383KB, 1280x715px
>>30562652
>running a 70% accuracy move
>>
File: Reminder.png (87KB, 528x222px) Image search: [Google]
Reminder.png
87KB, 528x222px
>>30552396
FRIENDLY REMINDER: Joe Shitrebii STILL hasn't gotten a streak of 50 in the battle tree.
>>
>>30562968
LOL
>>
File: image.jpg (415KB, 800x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415KB, 800x773px
I swear to god my Play Rough might as well be Fissure with the "accuracy" it's sporting.

From what I can tell the game uses "relative" RNG, meaning that if you're in a practical win condition, the game uses magic to give the rival NPC a boost.

Source: I "missed" a Shadow Claw (100% accuracy), meaning that the NPC was holding a Bright Powder. After killing it, I proceeded to get 1HKO'd by Brave Bird Staraptor, meaning it was choice banded. Which are the only two counters to my team, (which relies on landing accurate hits and not getting 1HKO'd by neutral STABS).

Cheating BS, man.
>>
>>30562968
I mean, as much as i love shitting on that hypocrite, its not easy to get to 50 unless you take a few "shortcuts"
>>
>>30557231
Does someone have an Air Balloon? Because I'd imagine ground attacks being a bit of a problem.
>>
Primarina @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 168 HP/252 SpA/88 Speed
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast

Got to 50 with this.
>>
Sounds like a lot of you guys didn't play the bullshit that was the Battle Factory
>>
>>30562652
You're trying too hard

I'm at 40 atm with Mimikyu/Bewear/Porygon-Z

I'm sure your team is fine but you just need Mimikyu and someone to complement it DESU. Save a fast special sweeper for cleanup
>>
>>30563113
>>30562968
Are you two talking about Serebii guy? What's he done?
>>
Running Life Orb Kartana as your lead will let you murder most teams in Singles.
>>
>>30563207
>Mimikyu/Bewear/Porygon-Z
How is that going? I really like all three of these pokemon and was considering using a couple of them for the battle tree, so if you've had success with all 3 I'll probably give it a go. What bewear set do you use?
>>
>>30563228
They are laughting at him because he didn't get the 50 victory streak (because there is no pic of that on the site)
>>
>>30563161
have you lost yet?
>>
File: smiling.jpg (52KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
smiling.jpg
52KB, 500x291px
Its really necessary pokemons with Ivs, nature and evs to beat the battle tree?

Can't you just do it with captured pokemons?
>>
>>30566965
It cheats, what do you think?
>>
>>30566965

The NPC mons are all competitively trained and cheat too boot so take a wild guess.
>>
>>30566965
Say that after dealing with the shell smash kommo-o
>>
>>30567290
But Kommo-o doesn't learn shell smash, isn't it?

Didn't illegal pokemon stop appearing in facilities two gens ago?
>>
No.

All of the trees Pokemon are EV trained and have perfect IVs, you go against them with the same Pokemon and you lose. So it's effectively impossible.
>>
>>30567347
It doesn't, and I'm pretty sure that shell smash Kommo-o is just a meme.
Please tell me it's just a meme
>>
Can anyone tell me what's different with Gale Wings? I can't tell from the description alone if anything changed.
>>
>>30568707
Only works at full HP.
>>
>>30568723
I see. The way Serebii wrote it made it seem like they'd just changed semantics. Thanks.
>>
>>30567063
That it in fact does not cheat?
>>
>>30567361
>Perfects IVs
This is actually wrong. Sweepers will have less IVs in their defenses to make them easier to kill.
>>
I'm on round 25 with Tapu Fini, Kartana and Buzzwole. Doing well, but thinking of replacing Buzz with something that can run stab earthquake or psychic. I have trouble with dual typed poisons like Salazzle, Gengar, and Crobat. Any suggestions?
>>
>>30562968
Passionate is the second-worst style anyways.
Reverent is the worst
>>
>>30568993
Oh look, Ash-Greninja takes care of all of those.
>>
>>30563113
It's actually really easy, I did it with two UBs and a Golisopod in singles, not even hyper trained.
>>
>>30563181
Battle factory and Stadium 2 gym leader castle are tied for the most bullshit RNG garbage in this franchise.
>>
>>30569154
Smug is the best and also the worst because everyone will run it. It's story-related so everyone has it. At least Passionate is hard to get it.
>>
>>30560971
>focus blast
Drop that shit immediately
>>
>>30568896
how naive
>>
>>30557090
Shit is made for you to lose. I wouldn't be surprised if Swift missed if you use it there.
>>
Just got to 31, mega salamence went down to a mega gengar destiny bond.

Mega gengar was only alive due to a fucking focus sash, however this wouldn't have happened had I focus sashed mimikyu. So that should fix another hole in my strategy.
>>
>>30566965
You can win normal without IV or proper EV training but you'll struggle to get more than 10 wins in Supers if you dont.
>>
>>30554789
how???
>>
>>30554747
singles are easy jackass ive already beat everything but multi battle
>>
>>30567362
It's not a meme...there's literally a set programmed with it having shell smash
>>
>>30570015
ive seen it happen twice
>>
>>30561187
A bit late but my team was Koko/Pelliper/Kingdra/Mamoswine. Sash mamoswine, dragonium draco meteor kingdra, damp rock pelliper and standard Koko with thunder over thunderbolt.
>>
>tfw this gen is the first gen i've actually cared about taking battle facilities seriously
>tfw this gen sucks
>>
>>30570099
Supers? I can't even win more than 12 normal
>>
Reba fucking sucks and doesnt know what the fuck shes doing. Scout someone else asap.
>>
What's a good team for multibattle?
>>
File: DSCF0927.jpg (136KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0927.jpg
136KB, 480x640px
>>30570128

After you beat them in singles, you can recruit said team you fought by choosing the "scout" option before your next match for 10 BP
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
What are some pokemon that work well with Bewear?
>>
Are the partners in Multi battles considered good or not? I only have Cynthia and Grimsley.
>>
>No guard Machamp
Miss

how?
>>
>>30571006
Sturdy.
>>
Who do I pick to round out my cancer duo of MegaMence and Aegislash. Putting MyBigSteelWaif Celesteela on the team gives me that crippling fire weakness the AI will exploit the shit out of.
>>
>>30571642
Seems like a tough water type would suit your team well.
>>
>>30555099
Replace X-Scissor on Mimikyu for Leech Life.
They buffed the shit out of Leedh Life, it has 80 base power now, so it's strictly better than X-Scissor in every way.
>>
>>30571864
Is Toxapex as good at shrugging off EQs as I imagine it to be? Regenerator, Recover, Black Sludge, can fire back with Scald and if I pray to all the deities maybe just maybe I'll get a burn.
>>
I just cleared regular single battles with Xurkitree, Buzzwole, and Toxapex. How much more difficult are super single battles?
>>
>>30572041
Normal is a cakewalk compared to Supers but if you EV train you shouldnt have too much of a problem using those guys.
>>
>>30572150
Alright, I already had them EV trained so I guess I'll try it out.
>>
>>30570099
>You can win normal without IV or proper EV training

Could you be kind enough of sharing some team, movesets and tactics to do that?

Because I asked some times how to beat normal battle tree with normal captured pokemon and people say "that's easy" but they they proceed to name very specific mons with nature, ev spread...

I mean, if I had an adamant with perfectly distributed evs Garchomp I wouldn't need to ask.

Or its at the very least a good nature necessary?
>>
>>30572381
I used Golisopod, Aegislash and Kommo-o to win Normal. Normal is entirely about coverage and just trying hard as shit to nuke things.

All of them had neutral natures because there were set UB catching and title defense autistic headcanons.

Golisopod @ Life Orb
Serious Nature
random EVs from grinding
-First Impression
-Aqua Jet
-Sucker Punch
-Poison Jab

Aegislash @ Ghostnium Z
some neutral nature
random EVs, some 100+ or so in atk
- Kings Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Kommo-o @ Expert Belt
some random non hindering nature
random EVs
- Clanging Scales
- Sky Uppercut
- Flash Cannon
- Earthquake

Got 20 wins on my 2nd try with just this. If you're in an unfavorable position when literally any stallmon comes out you are likely to lose.
>>
>>30572381
Not him but my ingame team did it without proper IVs, Natures, or EVs.

Tentacruel @ life orb
scald, dazzling gleam, sludge wave, ice beam

magnezone @ thunder z
thunder wave, discharge, flash cannon, tri attack

mimikyu @ focus sash (didn't work once lol)
swords dance, shadow sneak, play rough, life leech

obviously nowhere near optimized but had an easy time
>>
File: 1476803079309.png (428KB, 721x754px) Image search: [Google]
1476803079309.png
428KB, 721x754px
I'm gonna try with this team, how fast will I die?

Pheromosa

Hyper trained the non-31s
6/252/252 HP/Atk/Spe

Naughty
Life Orb

U-Turn
Poison Jab
Ice Beam
High Jump Kick

Celesteela

252/252/6 HP/Def/SpD

Bold
Assault Vest

Giga Drain
Air Slash
Flash Cannon
Autotomize

Alakazam

6/252/252 HP/SpA/Spe

Timid
Alakazite

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Dazzling Gleam
>>
>>30572701
Replaced autotomize because I'm completely stupid and forgot I gave it my assault vest.
>>
>>30570097
>Mega gengar was only alive due to a fucking focus sash
>Mega Gengar
>Focus Sash
The fuck. Did you mean regular Gengar?
>>
>>30573888

Oh shit, I've only just realised that that's impossible.
Never play Pokemon drunk kids.

But it doesn't make a difference, if I had had a focus sash the run could have been salvaged
>>
>>30573953
>if
>if
>IF
But you fucking didn't. What was it holding before?
>>
>>30574221

Quick claw

This is my first time ever seriously playing Pokemon, I'm still optimising things and figuring out what works best and having fun doing it
>>
>>30574290
>Quick claw
That's a really bad item for any competitive setting because it won't always work.
Did it ever work out for you at least?
>>
>>30574363

It saved my ass a couple of times, but focus sash would have done the same job but reliably.

Until I found myself in the battle tower I never found myself thinking about how to optimise, so quick claw just seemed like a good idea
>>
>>30574468
>playing singles online
>someone has focus band
>works twice in a row
>mfw
>>
If I want the 50 consecutive win stamps, does it have to be super singles/doubles/multi or will the regular be enough?
I already checked Serebii but Joe made it look like it was regular singles/doubles/multi, but that sounds to good to be true.
>>
Super.

Regular only goes to 20 and stops then
>>
>>30574649
Normal doesnt go up to 50, it has to be Super.
>>
File: 1479537225815.jpg (180KB, 700x782px) Image search: [Google]
1479537225815.jpg
180KB, 700x782px
>>30554747
I've read posts like this before, where anon takes UBs and the like into the Battle Tree and wrecks shit, but often they aren't EV trained or aren't even the right nature. I suppose anon could be lying his arse off, mind.

Is there a possibility that the AI goes full-cheat if it detects you're using maxed out EV Pokemon? I'll be honest, I just want the battle stance. This shit made me so angry in X/Y and I don't want to go through this shit again.
>>
>>30574847
They're probably lying, or they mean that they did regular Battle Tree instead of Super.

If you do want to cheese the battle tree, Super Singles is probably the easiest one to cheese.

Kartana lead with life orb. Jolly. Standard spread.
Greninja, Timid, Waterium-Z. Timid. Standard spread.
You can do the last slot for filler for regular singles, for super singles, I'd recommend MegaMence.
>>
>>30574818
Well shit.
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>30574847
They probably mean Normal as touching Super without EV Training is a death sentence and you'll struggle even in the first 10 matches. Or they mean just Singles, which is slightly easier.
>>
>>30574952
>>30575006
Thanks anons. I'm saving all the Battle Tree recommendations I can, for when I have to finally do it. The absolute worst part is dying to some shitty cheat (like fucking Blissey or that fucking Walrein in X/Y, you all know the one) and then having to start ALL OVER AGAIN. I wish you could just continue where you left off. I just feel as if my time has been wasted and I have learned nothing.

>>30574535
[flashbacks intensify]
>>
Finally getting around to playing the demo to get the Ash-Greninja, what would be the ideal nature and build for it?
>>
Is Haxoros any good in the Battle Tree? I haven't seen anyone talk about him but I remember him being good for the Maison.
>>
>>30575260

+Speed. Timid if you want pure special, naive if you wanna u-turn/account for future move tutors.
>>
>>30575260
Without move tutors.

Timid.
Hydro Pump
Water Shuriken
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

I personally have it hold Waterium-Z for a confirmed kill.
>>
>>30575260
isn't it always hardy
>>
>>30575461

Only in the demo.
>>
File: 1479162719309.png (1MB, 1156x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1479162719309.png
1MB, 1156x1165px
Just got to 50 with this:

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 4 Att / 252 SpD
-Trop Kick
-Synthesis
-Aromatherapy
-U-turn

M. Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
4 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spe
-Fire Fang
-Rock Slide
-Ariel Ace
-Steel Wing

Ninetales @ Farium Z
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam
-Dazzling Gleam
-Dark Pulse

I had a few close calls, mostly due to poison pokemon giving my Tsareena absolute hell. Other than that, she was my MVP for a majority of the tree. Trop Kick, along with her decent bulk is dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>30575504
oh, i just assumed when it comes over the main game, it keeps the same nature. darn.
>>
>>30575674

Why darn? It not being locked in the full game is a good thing.
>>
>>30575686
i would've reset for a timid nature if i knew. hell, i haven't even looked at him yet. i'm guessing he's not breedable?
>>
>>30575970

Nope.
>>
>>30576001
>look out of interest
>serious nature
like i said, darn.
>>
>>30575648
>Ice Beam on Ninetales
Why not Blizzard?
>>
>>30576172
It's a tossup between the two, but Ice Beam was more reliable, so I bit the bullet and went with it. Both can be interchangeable, though.
>>
File: 1456008517588.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1456008517588.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>30570097
>Mega Gengar with Focus Sash
>>
>>30576172
Do like missing?
>>
>>30576402
>Snow Warning
>>
File: image.png (88KB, 216x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88KB, 216x255px
>>30552396
>Be Me
>Go to battle tree
>Swagnemite: Level 1, Berry Juice, Toxic, Recycle
>Mimikyu: Weakness Policy, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, Leach Life
>Cloyster w/ Skill Link Air Baloon: Shell smash, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Poison Jab.
Anybody else get 200 yet?
>>
>metagross was paralyzed
>Metagross was paralyzed
>Metagross was paralyzed
>The attack missed
>The attack missed

Fuck off colress
>>
>>30554834
>That Gengar
The hypnosis one? Remember that it will ALWAYS use dream eater after putting your Pokemon to sleep, so use that as an opportunity to switch.
>>
Managed to get 50 in singles with this

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast boost
Naughty Nature (Shit nature I know, use a jolly one)
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword
-Night Slash

Golisopod @ Leftovers
Ability: Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
-First Impression
-Aqua Jet
-Sucker Punch
-Leech Life

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature (Jolly is arguably better)
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe (Stolen straight from Smogon)
-Dragon Claw (Could probably replace this with double-edge, I was too lazy to level him up)
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

I only lost twice, once at 34 to a crit and another at 14 because Froslass was too fast (This is what convinced me to put a choice scarf on Kartana)

Lead with Golisopod, stay in unless whatever you're up against is able to one-shot you (Drizzle+Hurricane Pelipper, for example). Leech Life + Leftovers allows me to wall anything that doesn't resist bug and can't bring Golisopod below 50% in a single hit. Look for patterns in what moves they use, and use that pattern to know when to sucker punch.

After emergency exit activates, switch in to whichever 'mon is more appropriate. Kartana is a great wallbreaker (Can two-shot that fucking Walrein) and overall sweeper, while Salamence is good for miscellaneous threats.

The only Pokemon I had trouble with are the really fast special attackers and Zapdos (Would've lost at 47 but I got a crit with night slash). Froslass was an issue before I put a choice scarf on Kartana, but so long as you're not locked in to Sacred Sword you should be good.
>>
>>30578580
>-Dragon Claw (Could probably replace this with double-edge, I was too lazy to level him up)

The move relearner lets you learn moves at any level in the level up pool now. Just fetch a heart scale and take it to the relearner,
>>
I was running Pheromosa, Dugtrio and Tapu Koko, but it wasn't working well.

Now I'm running Kartana, M-Salamence and Clefairy and it works well so far.
>>
>>30552396
wait, what does shell smash Z even do?
>>
>>30552587
do you or do you not have psych up?
>>
alright you fucks, just reached battle tree super singles with this team before getting my ass raped by a veteran with a meme physical latias conveniently carried earthquake.
Kartana @ Focus Sash (they'll avoid carrying OHKO moves with a sash lead)
Ability: beast boost
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 attack/ 252 speed/ 4 HP
-leaf blade
-smart strike (very important, they will refuse to carry evasive meme sets like snow cloak glaceon w/ bright powder or sand veil chomp)
-sacred sword
-Psycho cut

Xurkitree @choice scarf
ability- beast boost
Timid nature
EVs: 252 sp.atk/ 252 speed/ 4 HP
-thunderbolt
-energy ball
-dazzling gleam
-signal beam (will save you against enemy psychics attempting to take advantage of the weird field)

Tapu Lele @ terrain extender (I've had multiple opponents attempt to kill kartana early by priority, deny them by having maximum turns of the terrain)
Timid
EVs: 252 sp.atk/252 speed/ 4 HP
-psychic
-thunderbolt
-moonblast
-focus blast (really gotta change this to shadow ball, bit me in the ass in the battle mentioned above)

(will continue this post for additional help if you plan to run this set, 4chin thinks it's spam)
>>
>>30579678
the gist of this team is to have kartana fuck everything up that isn't a fire type or hard resists your set, focus sash will have you living special attacks that you shouldn't normally because lol, also you don't get the con of being choice locked should you choose that route. avoid proc'ing status as much as you can, a crippled origami of death does not appreciate a burn or that deadly yellow color.
avoid potential yellow color (para if nobody gets that) by going into xurk, NEVER hard switch into xurk unless you know for sure that you'll be able to tank a resistant hit.
>>
File: 1470981657811.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470981657811.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>red uses zardite x
>his next pokemon is a venusaur with the venusaurite set
>>
>>30580023
when in doubt if facing an opponent with potential flame body, use psycho cut to avoid doing any contact. as useless as this final tip may be, just keep it in mind, start memorizing enemy sets, just like maison and the facilites before, they only have a limited amount of pokemon they can send against you, should you memorize sets like I did (being able to identify if a ambipom would carry a fuck you flinch 3 times set with fake out, fling and a kings rock, to a standard life orb set) will help you out in the long run.
take this from the guy that took the starf berry from that loli's hands last gen, stay vigilant, and don't fall for the facility's traps.
>>
Timid
-Aurora Veil
-Blizzard
-Freeze-Dry
-Moonblast

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Surf

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA (0 speed IV preferably)
-King's Shield
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Ball
-Iron Head/Shadow Sneak

Used this to basically set up screens and proceed to SS twice to sweep. Didn't have the time to go fight 50 battles yet. Also running surf because of the bs that is brightpowder. Can somebody test this out for me?
>>
I just bred a Meowth with Parting Shot.
How viable and/or fun is using Persian to set up Parting Shot and then switching to a setup sweeper?
>>
File: 1471049746974.png (671KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1471049746974.png
671KB, 595x842px
>>30556621
I changed it up a bit.
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Moonblast

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Hyper Beam

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

I don't get fucked over by bulky steels as much now, and pheromosa had somewhat redundant coverage anyway.
>>
>>30569240
>Battle factory and Stadium 2 gym leader castle are tied for the most bullshit RNG garbage in this franchise

I STILL haven't beaten the Master Ball rank in the Poke Cup in the first game, and I've devised God knows how many teams, gimmicks, and strategies. That game is the definition of cheating AI, and it being a gen 1 game doesn't help either. Battle Factory and GLC in Stadium 2 have NOTHING on that shit.
>>
>>30582123
I also forgot to mention, it's the round 2 Poke Cup, not the first.
>>
>>30579678
lots of smogon EV spreads are designed to specifically outspeed a certain mon, or survive a SE hit from another certain mon
this works for smogon because the tiers have less than 100 pokes in them
won't work as well for tree since there's waaay more variety
>>
Battle Tree will never top the Maison for me, when I had Steven in multibattles use Zen Headbutt on a fucking Weavile.

I can't imagine that shit still happens.
>>
I just had a thought. Do these Battle Facilities bring counters for characteristic-based moves like Heavy Slam or Electro Ball?
>>
Is there a reliable set for a mixed Silvally, or does it really only work one way or the other? I know its base stats are 95 across the board, but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>30583945
Silvally @ Choice Scarf/Darkinium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower/Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Get in and spam Parting Shot, Z Parting Shot fully heals a team member but if you want to save your Z move for something else then Scarf helps it outspeed the sweepers you'll want to be debuffing, special attacks can kill Pokemon with shit special defense or who have 4x weaknesses to them, explode when you can't really do anything more
>>
File: 571376017039592.jpg (16KB, 275x177px) Image search: [Google]
571376017039592.jpg
16KB, 275x177px
>multiple fights where random Pokes survive with 1 HP
>none of them were using Sashs/Endure/Sturdy/etc
Also, fuck that Charm spamming Espeon cunt that keeps showing up in Super Singles.
>>
>>30583990
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
I've actually had some decent luck with this team in doubles:

Tapu Koko @ Grassium Z
Modest
252SpA, 252Spe
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot
-Discharge
-Protect

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252SpA, 252Spe
-Discharge
-Dazzling Gleam
-Volt Switch
-Energy Ball

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly
252Atk, 252 Spe
-Protect
-Leaf Blade
-Smart Strike
-Sacred Sword

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Adamant
252Atk, 252Def
-Wood Hammer
-Superpower
-Rock Slide
-Megahorn

A majority of the battles go like this
>Tapu Koko auto-sets Electric Terrain, uses Protect
>Xurkitree uses Discharge
>One or both of the other pokemon faint
>Xurkitree gains +1 or +2 SpA from Beast Boost
>Repeat until other team is gone, switching Koko with Bulu to resist the Discharge

For ground types, Tapu Koko has a 160BP Grass Z-move, Kartana has STAB Leaf Blade, and Bulu has STAB Terrain Boosted Wood Hammer. Plus, if I think an earthquake is coming, I switch to Kartana and Bulu and they take next to nothing since Grassy Terrain cuts ground type moves by 50%.

Fire types are kind of a problem if they come up and Koko/Xurkitree are gone, but Rock Slide or the Rock Z-move on Bulu actually works really well in getting rid of em.
>>
>Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance against my Mudsdale
>survives EQ with a sliver of HP
>no problem, Mudsdale still at ~2/3 HP
>Tyranitar used Crunch!
>Mudsdale flinched!
>KING'S ROCK
>>DDANCE
>>>TTAR
>>
File: 1479478629862.jpg (69KB, 599x448px) Image search: [Google]
1479478629862.jpg
69KB, 599x448px
I think I'll just do what I did in Alpha Sapphire and inject a perma Mega Salamence with Extremespeed, Dragon Dance Garchomp and other stuff of that nature.

If the AI is allowed to cheat, then I am too.
>>
>>30584457
I haven't completed normal singles because every single time i get a good result something fast with King's Rock AND/or Fling comes out
>>
>>30584809
Have you run into Ambipom yet?
>Fake Out
>Fling King's Rock
>U-Turn
>>
>people don't just look up the name of the trainer and what pokemon sets they are using
If they are going to use dirty tactics so will I.
>>
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Modest
252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Moonblast

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naughty
252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Poison Jab
-Ice Beam
-High Jump Kick
-U-turn

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Quiet, 0 IV Speed
252 HP, 252 SpA
-Sacred Sword
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon

Specs Modest Lele + LO Pheromosa just wreck anything that's in their way. Anything that doesn't resist Psychic is OHKOed or very nearly, and Pheromosa kills whatever does with HJK or another coverage move. As a bonus, it also disables priority from working, so Pheromosa is nearly assured to always go first to kill something.

Mega Salamence is there for when Pheromosa is knocked out, as Double Edge will kill most things. Recoil will suck, but hopefully the battle is nearly ended when you send him in. Otherwise, you have Earthquake for those annoying Fire types and Draco Meteor if you really need to nuke something without coming into contact with it.

Aegislash is your backup. Standard set for maximizing offense/defense, although Sacred Sword is used to hit Dark types if needed. Smart play will usually have it help cement your victory.

Nasty surprises in Doubles:
>Scarf Typhlosion in Sun that outspeeds everything and spams Eruption
>Brightpowder Magnezone
>Lickilicki's bulk and almost guaranteed chance of paralysis with Body Slam
>>
File: 1450334021276.png (628KB, 1688x518px) Image search: [Google]
1450334021276.png
628KB, 1688x518px
>>30574535
>play in a minor singles tournament for prizes (single elimination)
>going in with gimmicky trick room team because fun
>send out pory2, opponent sends exploud
>boombursts, does a pitiful 20%
>flinch
>repeat until pory2's around 25%
>"ok i can bulk another and set up trick room so i can reliably heal up"
>crit
>this whole time he has this shit eating grin on his face
>win anyway because he has no way to deal with doublade
amazed i didn't miss anything after finding out he had a brightpowder florges
fuck items that only encourage dice rolls
>>
>>30576104
I did the same

> Checks it

Modest Nature!
Well shit, Timid would be better but I'll fucking take it.
>>
File: fOH32zI[1].jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fOH32zI[1].jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>30578014
You thought you could defeat me..

However I disagree!
>>
File: th.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
th.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>30552396
>>30552479
Wasn't there the same thing in X/Y with that same type of content?

I remember if you got past a certain level suddenly everything started to crit against you, if you got paralyzed you just couldn't move for ages, and your Pokemon hit itself under confusion everytime.

I'm pretty sure at this point that this is actually supposed to happen
>>
>>30570888
Mimikyu is a great switch out for fighting pokemans
>>
>>30585375
Any ghost, really. I'm doing pretty well with A-Ninetales, A-Marowak, and Bewear so far. Using leftovers for now, but debating over giving Bewear an Assault Vest or Choice Band. Feels like I just barely miss kills on a lot of shit with Return.
>>
>>30561634
so you breed without a 6IV ditto? really?
>>
>try out an Electric Theme Meme Team

>Tapo Koko w/ u-turn
>Xurkitree
>Aloan Raichu
>all fully IV/EV maxed

>first three teams are direct hardcounter Ground-type trainers, never seen before until now
>fucking garchomp from the first trainer

p-pure coincidence goyim
>>
>>30584613
>I can't git gud
>>
File: 1350829656906.jpg (79KB, 321x384px) Image search: [Google]
1350829656906.jpg
79KB, 321x384px
>>30585657

>learning curve
>literal hard-coded killswitch mechanics in a single player game

pick one

you're the same faggot who defends shameless ghosting catch-up coding from mario kart AI, too
>>
>>30585654
This game actually actively teambuilds against you at all stages, so single type theme teams aren't going to make it very far in singles. Doubles it can work perfectly though.
>>
>>30578580
>Jolly is arguably better
Why? You're already really fast. I think since you stole this set from Smogon's XY dex when Mega Evolution's speed boost didn't apply to the turn that you evolved on you needed to run Jolly to patch up Salamence's 100 base speed.
>>
>>30574952
>Kartana lead with life orb.

Tried the Kartana lead that was mentioned several times in the thread, First time Incineroar survived sacred sword and killed me.

Second and thir times I tried to lead with him instead of Pheromosa were terrible too.
>>
Phyroar always fucks me, how the hell I kill him in one shot when she dodges everything when goes second and when he is first uses roar
>>
>>30588674
Never take any move with less than 100 accuracy into Battle facilities.
>>
>>30585306
Sorta, but in XY they didn't also use Megas and Z-moves against you so you didn't have to prepare as much for the actually dangerous shit it could throw at you.
>>30585507
Legit 6IV Ditto are (relatively) easy to get this gen. 1 in 1024 per 40-chain is the best rate we've seen.
>>30585814
Jolly is the difference between setting up safely on max speed Terrakion and getting flinchaxed and killed by Rock Slide.
>>
>>30554510
In battle royal I faced a protean greninja on normal rank
>>
>>30558008
Porygon2 with eviolite is a good tAnk, plus it can get pain split
>>
Does the AI still refuse to switch like in gen 6? Would a Scarf Entrainment Truant Durant + Protect/Setup sweeper ally be a possible way to cheese this thing?
>>
>>30590947
I've seen the AI a couple times, seemingly on prediction. For example I spam X attack and the opponent is left with very little HP, so I use Y attack just to save up PP on X. The opponent somehow switches at that very moment for a Pokemon that can eat Y safely. That would be just reading inputs, but I've had a few other occurrences where the AI made such a switch but I had continued using X anyway and the switch in took pretty heavy damage.

Alternatively, I've had a few moments where the AI baited me into false sense of security. They keep spamming low powered moves and I use those weak hits to set up, then at a certain amount of HP they suddenly pull out a hard hitting move or a Z-attack and KO my Pokemon.
>>
>>30575277

As much as I love him, Dragonite does everything he does better.
>>
File: 1383439563046.png (15KB, 198x247px) Image search: [Google]
1383439563046.png
15KB, 198x247px
About to try out Battle Tree for the first time. Never played competitively before, plus don't have access to the bigger battle items yet.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
-Shadow Claw
-Hone Claws
-Play Rough
-Leech Life

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
-Recover
-Tri Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball

How curbstomped can I expected to be?
>>
>>30566965
No you just need to get lucky
>>
>>30592387
Get Mega Mence and you win.
>>
I just beat Red with this team

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Sky Uppercut
- Poison Jab

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.