[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Stars won't be for the Nintendo Switch, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 13

Pokemon Stars won't be for the Nintendo Switch, right? Is it just a rumor?
>>
>>30548490
Yes, Just like the Nintendo NX
>>
>>30548490
With the recent datamining of Pokemon walk/run animations it might as well be, the 3ds is ancient hardware that needs to fuck off, all it does is limit the potential of games like sun/moon
>>
>>30548490
Yeah it's pretty much onfirmed
>>
>>30548576
>With the recent datamining of Pokemon walk/run animations
wot
>>
>>30548611
Please leave
>>
>>30548611
There been 5 theards about it
>>
Yes.

Nintendo Switch is both the next handheld and home console.

Tons of evidence supports the idea that SM was designed with the Switch in mind.

Gen 8 and the DP remakes will be Switch exclusive. The best you can hope with Stars is that it also gets a 3DS version, which is likely.
>>
>>30548490
it will be but it won't be called Stars, it's a codename just like Pokemon Rainbow
>>
>>30548640
>>30548655
I just got off work. My boss wouldn't let me leave until I swept the floors, and today there was confetti everywhere because of some kid's birthday party. I usually get off work at around 9:30, but I had to stay until 10. Sue me. >.>
>>
>>30548716
>. >.>
please leave
>>
>>30548667
What do you mean?
Off topic but aren't you exited for the NX
I mean Project Cafe was good but couldn't live up to Revolution. Though honestly Dolphin is my favorite and such an improvement over Project Reality Ultra 64
>>
>>30548591
Confirmed that's it just a rumor that it'll be for the switch?
>>
So sun and moon are the last pokemon games for the 3ds?
>>
>>30548662
>Nintendo Switch is both the next handheld and home console.
>implying Nintendo will abandon the handheld market that they themselves have a monopoly for more than a decade
[citation needed]
>>
>>30548936
Yes, they are the BW2 of the 3ds, playing SM on the switch will probably unlock some minor extra feature and reduce the framerate drops but thats it
>>
>>30548611
Here go, babbe
>>
>>30549154

>>30548423
You leave.
>>
>>30548991
That's the point. Nintendo knows they simply cannot compete in the mainstream console market anymore. The Switch is meant to diverge those two markets. The Switch is a handheld, albeit with shitty battery life but let's not act like most handheld players aren't 5 year olds playing on their mommy's ipad that has even worse battery life.
>>
File: 1023.jpg (5KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1023.jpg
5KB, 238x250px
Fuck I should've waited for the superior Switch version
>>
File: lillie6.jpg (120KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
lillie6.jpg
120KB, 850x1201px
>>30548490
Lillie Epilogue confirmed?
>>
I don't think the next Gen 7 game will be; has there ever been a generation on two systems?

But Gen 8 will most likely be
>>
File: switch-accessories-1.jpg (37KB, 691x359px) Image search: [Google]
switch-accessories-1.jpg
37KB, 691x359px
>>30548991
Switch IS a handheld

To make up for the battery life, they're highly likely to have quick charging.
>>
>>30548828
yea
>>
>>30548991
? It's gonna be the king of handhelds
>>
>>30549327
Not to mention a battery case.

Powerbanks are cheap as fuck, 15,000mAh ones are like $12-15 on sale.
>>
File: happy-wojak.png (7KB, 178x178px)
happy-wojak.png
7KB, 178x178px
>switch next year
>stars next year hopefully
>re7 next year
>gonna get married next year
feels good man
>>
>>30549436
>gonna get married next year
That hit hard, the man I love is in a different Country and it'll be years until we can afford to move and marry. Fuck this gay earth, I just want to be in his arms again.
>>
Impossibly hopeful, but
>Pokemon Stars showcases the Switch's amazing (compared to other Nintendo consoles) by having Alola, and Kalos, AND Kanto, all in one game.
>>
>>30549239
I got moon and im getting stars for the switch
>>
>>30549512
Friends Don't Let Friends Conflate Storage Space With System Power
>>
>>30549502
Lel neck yourself gayboy
>>
>>30548490
It's just a GAME THEORY
>>
>>30549572
Fuck you, I have a vagina.
>>
>>30549502
I hope a towelhead throws you off a building
>>
>>30549502
Stay strong, everything will turn out well if you work hard towards it.
>>
Sun and Moon were rushed. They scammed us.
>>
>totem/double battles run like shit, 3DS hardware can't keep up anymore
>bottom screen is barely even used, rotom map feels like a last minute addition
>Necrozma literally looks like it's just an incomplete form of something else, also has the same prism colors as Zygarde complete
>walk/running animations for all pokemon, including legends, events, UBs and even Megas, plus code for following pokemon already found on the demo
>third Lycanrock form placeholder found on PGL
>bunch of empty lots of various cities that are under construction, likely to be Gyms
Stars is happening and it's going to be on the Switch want it or not.
>>
>>30549201
>>30549327
The Switch is a handheld but Nintendo already confirmed that it is not the device to replace the 3DS.
>>
>>30549626
WAIT. 3rd Lycanroc form? What.
>>
>>30549572
>Implying anything is wrong with being gay
>He posts homophobic rants on the pokemon section of an anime image board
>>
>>30549673
Another mimikyu form too
>>
>>30549327
Its rumoured to have a thunderbolt port, which means fast charge times, and maybe more GPU power from an external source if the dock itself isn't magical
>>
>>30549626
This is going to be so good
>>
>>30549653
Either way, the Switch is the next home of Pokemon.
>>
>>30549653
They're just saying that because the 3DS still has a bit of steam in it and it's good to have as a safety net just in case the Switch turbobombs.
>>
>>30549691
Source for Mimikyu? Just found SciresM' post about the third Lycanroc form being registered
>>
>>30548662
Nintendo has made some inexplicable decisions recently, but why are so many people assuming they are going to kill the handheld line? It makes no sense whatsoever to end your main product series in favor of an experimental console when your last one failed miserably.
>>
>>30549714
True, can't argue with that. I just hope for selfish reasons that they introduce it to Pokemon in gen 8, I don't want to pay for another console yet to play Stars.
>>
File: gary_please.png (321KB, 922x346px) Image search: [Google]
gary_please.png
321KB, 922x346px
>>30549327
>quick charging

PLS Lord let this be so. I'm holding you accountable.
>>
>>30549750
On the pgl website
>>
>>30549752
The 3DS is pretty old at this point. Not to mention, it would be much better financially for Nintendo to consolidate both the handheld and console teams into one solid team.
>>
>>30549714
>the Switch is the next home of Pokemon.
[citation needed]

>>30549740
Are you new with Nintendo's development cycles?

They announce their newest handheld AFTER the main console.
>>
>>30549752
Newfags think that just because the Switch looks and works like a handheld means that Nintendo is abandoning the handheld market

There is nothing stopping Nintendo from releasing a smaller, compact and weaker version of the Switch to market it as the 4DS

Being a handheld is the Switch's main gimmick and something the WiiU should have done
>>
>>30548490
I want it to be true simply because that means the next monster hunter will also be for the switch and console monster hunter is so comfy.
>>
File: 1462927640702.png (619KB, 784x719px) Image search: [Google]
1462927640702.png
619KB, 784x719px
>>30549624
Thanks anon, I needed a shameless pick-me-up.
>>
>>30549684
Upvote!
>>
>>30549714
Just like the Gamecube right?
Just like the Wii right?
Just like the WiiU right?
>>
>>30549886
Or just releasing a completely unrelated 3ds successor.
>>
>>30549590
>Likes men
>is not gay
You only get to pick one. No sexism on this board.
>>
>>30549886
What is even the point of this? I mean if it's just a Switch Slim, then the Switch is still a handheld. You think they didn't make the Switch as small as it could be? You can't just squeeze it as small as you want. The thing literally has vents on it for cooling.
>>
>>30549922
None of those are handhelds, the Switch is.
>>
>>30549837
Yes, and they announced the switch after the wiiU :^)
Now really this not being the next handheld is as real as nintendo KEEPING the 3rd party company support the announced in the trailer, it even has cartridges for fuck sake
>>
>>30548490
It's going to be either an enhanced port or a 3rd game/sequel that's simultaneously released on the 3DS. After BW2 still being DS, its hard to imagine otherwise.
>>
>>30549922
>MUH
>PATTERNS
>>
File: anything.png (795KB, 749x756px) Image search: [Google]
anything.png
795KB, 749x756px
>>30549996
>being naive
>>
>>30549973
It has cartridges because it converts to handheld. The PSP and UMDs prove that discs are not for handhelds, even Sony stopped doing it after a couple of models.
>>
>>30549886
>I called them newfags, that should stop replies
Nintendo is not abandoning the handheld market, its only focusing on it, the switch running on a TV just gives the ilusion of a home console, the base doesn't even give anything extra, the little screen is the whole console
>>
>>30550029
naive is assuming gamefreak doesn't break patterns all the time
>>
>>30549956
Switch
4DS
Switch Plus
Nu 4DS
Switch U
>>
>>30550051
This. Not to mention they've already said they plan to sell just the screen without the dock some time after the initial release. If that's not a straight up handheld I don't know what it is.
>>
>>30550098
And the point of the 4ds would be? There are phones bigger that the switch anyways and faggots still buy them
>>
>2016+1
>they think that WiiU Gamepad 2.0 is the handheld successor to the 3DS
>>
File: IMG_5243.jpg (81KB, 700x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5243.jpg
81KB, 700x802px
>>30549327
>>30549346
>>
File: bueno.jpg (48KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
48KB, 546x366px
>>30550179
>>
>>30548490
The entire thing is a rumor. It's that usual Pokemon fandom thing where they hear certain words and see certain things, and jump to a ridiculous conclusion with no evidence to support it.
>>
>>30549327
unlikely.
quick charging is something smartphones have, and nintendos handhelds have always been like 5 years behind modern smartphones likely to keep it the cheap shit it is.
>>
>>30550179
Oh fuck please have quick charging.

My phone has quick charging and it goes from 0 to 100 within 30 minutes.
>>
>>30550162
The switch is like the ds of how the 3ds is the gba. Its still a handheld
>>
Next gen footage of Lillie finding and bagging Nebby, leaked here first, folks.
>>
>>30550162
>wii-u

The Switch is more comparable to the Vita.
>>
>>30550162
It's a successor in the line of Nintendo handhelds. It's basically a more modernized GBA. Fuck dual screens.
>>
>>30550284
>>30550273
>>
>>30548490
Nintendo is a fan of money you fucking retard. At WORST they will do a dual-release with one version on the 3DS and one version on the Switch with trade compatibility in between. They realize not everyone can afford a brand new home console so they will lose buttloads of sales if they release it exclusively for the switch.
>>
>>30550532
it would sell them some more consoles and S/M is already overachieving.
>>
>>30549590
Even worse!
>>
>>30550532
Nintendo needs the Switch to sell.

The best way to do that is to establish it early as THE system for Pokemon games, which is a fanbase that's 15 million+ strong. Capturing even half that fanbase within a year will be extremely important for the Switch's success.

>inb4 "but i'm a pokemon fan and I won't be buying a switch for pokemon!"
congrats on being part of the minority, people said that same shit when the 3DS released and look at you now
>>
>>30550692
this.
pokemon is their strongest franchise right now.
>>
>>30549703
USB Type C is confirmed.

Also the dock is confirmed to have literally nothign special in it bar an HDMI out and ports.

No brains, all computations are in the tablet only.
>>
>>30550532
pokemon will not be a release title, no way, just with the ones in the trailer coming out alongside the console and not "weeks" after will make it sell, trow a xenoblade port and monhun a couple of months after and it will already do bether than the wiiU
>>
>>30550532
they normally don't do that at all. if it was the usual casual pace of nintendo, they would not even bother with a switch release and just wait for the next gen. it's obvious the goal here is purely to sell as many consoles as quickly as they can. they're betting everything on next year if the rumors are true about a new mario the first year to go with pokemon and breath of the wild.
>>
>>30550692
Pokemon, Monhun, Animal Crossing, Smash, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, Zelda, and more would mean the Switch would succeed.

Also it's close enough to Xbone in power that it CAN receive 3rd party ports.
>>
>>30550782
they will definitely not release a handheld besides the switch.
pokemon is their biggest handheld seller.
even if it's not an immediate launch title, gen 7 pokemon WILL come to the switch soon.
otherwise, nintendo would be retarded.
>>
>>30550796
only proof of real 3rd party support is Todd game, already old as hell and will not even get mods
>>
>>30550864
>they will definitely not release a handheld besides the switch.
>he still thinks Nintendo will abandon the handheld market and let Sony take over it
>>
>>30550864
oh I know switch is the next handheld, was just saying that neither the gen 4 remakes or stars will be a release title, at most an SM port if the 3ds cartridges are not compatibles, but I wouldn't expect a mainline pokemon game on it at least till 2018
end of 2017 if GF is competent
>>
I'm fucking tired of this stars bullshit. You fucking retards thought grey and z were coming out and you were wrong. Who's to say they won't just release sinnoh remakes and head to gen 8 right after? Who's to say it won't just be sun 2 and moon 2 and bam gen 7 is done?
>>
>>30550947
Sony already abandoned and nintendo is only focusing on the handheld market, he said it better than I can >>30550051
>>
>>30550990
stars is just a codename you retard, not the final title
nobody knows the real name, just that its coming, what else would you call it instead of stars if you don't know the name either?
>>
>>30551030
What difference does the codename make? People still think a third and "polished" version is coming out with no real evidence. I'm not saying I have evidence to disprove it but christ people will believe anything.
>>
>>30551066
Nobody knows if its a third version or literally SM2 but another game besides the gen 4 remakes are coming and there is no better way of naming it, and being a more polished version of SM is more like a wish
>>
>>30550947
>sony take over handheld market
>ps vita
LOL
>>
>>30550903
Square and SEGA already let slip a couple of big games. This thing is gonna be big in Japan with the the last gen stuff winding down and PS4 never really catching fire over there. If anything Skyrim is the one that's not confirmed even if it pretty much is.
>>
>>30551118
Gotta agree with you on that polished comment. Seriously though if sinnoh remakes come out next year and sm2/"stars" the year after or vice versa OR if just ONE of those two comes out and gen 8 begins shortly after I think I'm going to quit this series. Either way whatever happens I think the series is starting to move a lot faster than usual and if it becomes the next call of duty or assassin's creed I'm done. I don't want to see it happen but with a franchise like pokemon it most likely will. It breaks my heart thinking about it but there's nothing anyone can do about it
>>
>>30548490
ok guys. I know some of you guys might not believe what I say is true because "muh dad works for nintendo", but I'll let you on this note: The Target guy who "leaked" Pokemon Stars held the same Nintendo position as I do right now. He worked as a sales rep in a store for the holidays. Now, sorry to pop anyone's bubble but we are told NOTHING more than you guys know on the Switch. Nintendo wouldn't give their vendors such valuable information. In training, we are told SPECIFICALLY not to talk about our own speculations or comment on our thoughts on what the potential games will be on the console. What's funny is that this rep did the EXACT THING we were told not to: He told random customers that he would love to see a future Pokemon game on the Switch, Pokemon Stars for example. This guy probably lost his job right away when the news popped on the internet. I'm not high up enough to know and he wasn't in my state at ALL so I have no idea what happened to him. RIP my man.
>>
>>30548490

i hope it is. if anything, sun and moon just exemplified how outdated the 3ds hardware is
>>
when does the switch come out?
>>
>>30551337
March. That's all we know.
>>
>>30551300

>our own speculations or comment on our thoughts on what the potential games will be on the console
>He told random customers that he would love to see a future Pokemon game on the Switch, Pokemon Stars for example

These are not the same thing.
>>
>>30551357
Yeah exactly! That dude did what he wasn't supposed to do and now we know what are the consequences of that act. People will go crazy over one -possible- information. If it comes from the dude with the official nintendo shirt sampling Pokemon at Target, it's probably more right than anything right? Nope. No it's not.
>>
because nintendo needs to fucking bring it or else they're finished

new zelda, 3D mario, AND a console pokemon game in the launch window, they literally never do stuff like this

that's how desperate they are
>>
>>30549436
Well, congrats though yo
>>
>>30551416

What I'm saying is that there's a difference between

>I think a main series Pokemon game will come to the Switch.

and

>I hope a main series Pokemon game comes to the Switch.

Speculation =/= Aspiration
>>
>>30551585
Yeah but you can't do shit like that either. They'll even send secret shoppers that will ask questions like this or will look at how you work so you don't fuck up and say more "informations" or speculations. Fans will take the words of someone who works for Nintendo and think it's real infos even if it's only thoughts or dreams that rep has. That rep probably didn't mean to say stuff like that, but some people took the words from his mouth like real informations instead. :O When you represent Nintendo, you become the voice of the company in a way. You can't talk for yourself when you wear the shirt...
>>
What if:

Nintendo Switch Home console bundle
Nintendo Switch Handheld bundle

Nyko Switch Extended Battery pack
>>
>>30551692
Extended battery packs are nice, but the handheld itself charges via USB so I can see people carrying around one of the those phone rechargers.
>>
>>30551665

People will infer things and make shit up and hear what they want to hear all completely independent of what was said or who was saying it.

Also, informations isn't a word.
>>
>>30551692
>Nintendo Switch Home console bundle
>Nintendo Switch Handheld bundle

What's the distinction? The handheld IS the console, the base is just a charger and an HDMI out. Doesn't even improve the graphics unless the handheld underclocks for heat/power purposes.
>>
>>30548787
Rainbow was codename for Sun and Moon. So since Stars is already confirmed to be a codename it's highly uncertain whether it's one game (Eclipse) or 2 (Sun 2 and Moon 2)
>>
>>30551863

I can imagine Nintendo doing like a 128gb/256gb version and not include the dock/controller extension to cut costs for those people who would only ever want to play it off the built in screen.
>>
>>30551887
Stars isn't confirmed at all. I wish it were too, but we have no idea about anything Pokemon on the switch yet. :/
>>
File: 1478953512570.png (1MB, 2552x2704px) Image search: [Google]
1478953512570.png
1MB, 2552x2704px
The switch is a home console on the go. Sun and Moon don't feel like home console games at all. Stars better have some major improvements/content.
>>
DPP remakes will be on the 3DS
the Switch is only the new WII U, and it will fail.
this is the reason they are having a SM on both consoles, its only a test.
>>
File: starlogo.png (309KB, 636x283px) Image search: [Google]
starlogo.png
309KB, 636x283px
>not using the superior logo
>>
>>30548576
With the specs that had been leaked from accounts like Emily Rogers and whatnot, can we even say that the Switch's hardware will be more powerful than the 3DS?

>inb4 Emily Rogers didn't leak anything
I don't know who leaked what. sue me.
>>
>>30553671
Why do you want it to fail, anon?
If you don't like Nintendo, why are you on this board?
>>
>>30554389
Zelda BotW and Skyrim Remastered run on it. It's WiiU tier at the very least
>>
>Pokemon Stars
Yeah itll be great!
aw man im so excited for it
kinda like pokemon z
>>
>game was released not 3 weeks ago
>speculation on next game

you people didn't learn anything with XY, did ya?
>>
>>30548490
Nintendo doesn't want it to flop like the WiiU did, so they'll use Mario, Zelda and Pokemon to save the Switch.
>>
>>30554420
Liking Pokemon=/=Liking Nintendo
>>
>>30548490
I fucking hope not. I already pirated a shitty incomplete game, I better be able to pirate the other shitty half that's missing
>>
Pokemon = Pocket Monsters
Switch is not even a handheld, plus how the fuck would the game look on the switch if you had it on the go? Pokemon Star / eclipse won't happen!
>>
How fucking thick are people arguing that the Switch is not an handheld?
You can carry it around with you and play outside your home? Then it's a fucking handheld.
Nintendo only main selling point, given the state of the industry, are their IPs and the handheld market. Producing an high tier handheld to put ALL their franchise in it while slowing expanding their IPs on iOS/Android for the general public is the only way Nintendo is going to survive on its own. It's painfully obvious.

>b-but Nintendo said the Switch is neither the 3DS or the Wii U successor, is a third pillar
Well for once they said the same bullshit for the NDS, and then the NDS replaced the GB as the handheld line. Then let's remember that the Wii U is already out of production and Nintendo has released just a couple of games for it in 2016. Then notice that the 3DS has still some steam left, why the fuck should they announce that it has become obsolete NOW that we're around christmas, the machine is cheap as fuck and there is a new pokemon game when the IP is hotter than ever?
Really pull your heads out of your asses.
>>
I just want Stars to be a bigger Sun/Moon.

Better graphics, more islands, more people walking around in the cities, more things to do, more shops. Stuff like that.

Sun/Moon is around 3GB in size and if Stars end up being on the Switch I'd like to see it being around 10GB in size.
>>
>stars
>believing Emily Rogers lies
top kek, this is the same woman that said

>Rockstar would develop games for Wii U
>Soul Caliber 5 would be a Wii U launch title
>Mother 3 would be localized
>Breath of the Wild would have a gender option
>Switch uses AMD

>inb4 eurogamer
no. eurogamer is ad money.
>>
friendly reminder about the switch direct in January

if stars is real it's likely going to be revealed during that
>>
>>30556698
lol
>>
>>30556698
No it's not. IF we're going to be believe the rumors and pretend Stars is real, and I can't see why not since Pokemon sells hardware and Nintendo may be interested in having Pokemon on it as soon as possible, it's probably going to be a third version called Prism, so they're not going to announce it in fucking january when SM are still selling, E3 seems the earliest at this point. Plus Nintendo has bigger announcement on the 12 than a third version of a game that is not going to came out until the late fall anyway.

>>30556667
She's been wrong once she can never be right again, am I right kiddo?
>>
You'll have to buy a Switch anon, that's all.
>>
>>30549684
>gay is ok
Fucking die, you abomination.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.