[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand people's fixation with Red,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: ZBeP22F.png (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZBeP22F.png
564KB, 1920x1080px
I don't understand people's fixation with Red, and I never will.
>>
Most people think of him as the game's version of Ash when Red is entirely different. Whereas the anime shows Ash sucks dick at being a trainer and gets by with the power of friendship and extreme luck, Red is actually a good trainer and kicks ass.
>>
>>30545215
>Red is actually a good trainer and kicks ass.

But all Red ever does when not under the player's control is get his shit slapped.
>>
>>30545107
What do you not get
Name another series where you're a child and play this new game series, then the sequel immediately after, the final boss is that person, you. With a Pikachu and all 3 starters, which basically meant anyone who started with Yellow meant this was him.

He's the best example of sequels being the best
>>
he is the best game protag
>>
>>30545215
Same as any other protagonist. I don't get what makes him so special.
>>
>>30545107
You weren't alive for Gen I and II.
It's like looking at disco now and wondering what people saw in it.
You had to be there to experience it.
>>
Red over his career has only ever lost to 3 people and the canon of one loss is debateable (PWT) and the SM fight outside the tree is questionable as Blue's dialogue implies they were just testing you and the fights inside the trees are for real (which explains the better stats, movesets, and items)
>>
>>30545295
>You weren't alive for Gen I and II.
>Assuming
>>
>>30545107
Because he's literally you.

The final boss in Gen 2 was you.

You don't understand why people are hyped about him?
>>
>>30545326

Meant to respond to

>>30545254
>>
>>30545273
Because he's the only reoccurring playable protag.

Ever see Ethan? Brendan? Lucas? Hilbert? Nate? Calem? After their respective games? Ever even hear of them after their game ended? Hell, the protag from BW completely disappears and is never mentioned in BW2
>>
>>30545273
no he's not
he's the guy who catched them all when it actually meant shit
he's the original mc
the rest are just copies of him
>>
>>30545368
>Ethan

His name is Gold.
>>
The only thing cool about him is that he's your character from the last game.

>dude stoic and edgy lmao
>dude chuni fan art lmao
>dude he's so much more badass than ash lmao
>dude ... ... lmao

What kind of master pokemon trainer leaves his Pikachu unevovled? What a fag boy.

Though he was pretty tough in SM's Battle Tree (in the actual Tree itself, not before it).
>>
It's because as the only protaginist to come back as an NPC, he feels like an extension of ourselves in universe.
>>
Nice blog.
>>
>>30545401

Only in the manga. In sgc his base name is never mentioned whereas in HGSS they gave him a name, WHEREAS Red and Blue's name reverts back to red/blue when you aren't playing them.
>>
>>30545415
>What kind of master pokemon trainer leaves his Pikachu unevovled? What a fag boy.

He just likes it, there's a reason he doesn't use it if you fight him inside the tree.
>>
I don't understand the nip artist's fixation on drawing edgy Red
>>
>>30545254
To be fair, each of the characters who beat him were also protagonists that took down evil teams/fought legendaries/became champion.

At the very least, Ethan/Gold, Nate, and SM protag are better then him.
>>
>>30545415

The team he tests you with is just his broteam which is why they're all Gen1 throwbacks.
>>
Do people really think he spent the entire three years from RBYFRLG to GSCHGSS standing on the summit of Mt. Silver?
>>
>>30545450
Nice comment.
>>
>gets BTFO by Ethan on Mt. Silver
>gets BTFO by MC in the battle tree

why do people still insist he's the best trainer? He constantly just gets beat by the other protagonists. He's probably the weakest champion
>>
>>30545595

That's two losses over a 10 year career. 3 if you count PWT as canon.
>>
>>30545542
I don't think anybody believes that. But mt silver still to this date has some of the highest level wild pokemon of any game so it's reasonable that he would spend a lot of time training there.
>>
>>30545273
No, they're not. Only some other protags canonically caught legendaries; Red canonically has the entire Kanto Pokedex, which would include Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and possibly even Mew.
>>
I blame anime.
>>
>>30545635
>canonically

maybe in the manga or spinoff series.

in the games the only pokemon he's confirmed to have are the ones he has when he battles you (the three starters, pikachu, snorlax, lapras, espeon)
>>
File: 1272128262389.gif (3MB, 280x140px) Image search: [Google]
1272128262389.gif
3MB, 280x140px
>>30545107
It's partly nostalgia, similar reason as to why people are Genwunners. Red was the first, and for a while he really was the best storywise. For a lot of kids, him being in Mt. Silver came as a surprise. Finding the previous protagonist who represented you using all the starters and being the highest level trainer ever, was one of the hypest moments in the series.

A lot of it is no longer true because the series moved on, but at the time that shit was mind blowing.
>>
>>30545401
no it's Lyra
>>
>>30545326
This. /vp/ likes to shit on Red because he's popular, but 3 defeats (all of them to protagonists) in the entire series is pretty good. If Red is a weak character then any gym leader/champion/elite 4 member in the series is worthless.
>>
Literally Black/Hilbert but worse.

Not even close to being the strongest trainer canonically too.
BTFO by Ethan
BTFO in Pokemon World Tournament
BTFO in battle tree

If we were to list top 10 pokemon trainers in the games he wouldn't even make top 10. The only two good trainers he has canonically beat is Lance and Blue, both complete shit.
>>
>>30545471
Which is sad because he isn't edgy in official art and the fanart edginess make people love or hate him.
>>
>>30546232
Remember, anon. Those things don't matter to /vp/, because it's "not canon".
>>
>>30545415
Tapu koko thunderbolt 1 shot charizard and blastoise. Taunt venusaur and it struggles to death. Ez
>>
>>30546251
This is my exact problem with him.
>>
>>30546310
Yea I was going to mention, PWT may not be canon, but I think undoubtable the battle tree is canon.
It's fine that he isn't the best and unbeatable too. Everyone has their fan-art goggles on sadly.
>>
>>30545107
>>
>>30545107
Fucking ethnics on showdown constantly using his sprite and team only saying "..." in chat in shit
Reason I stopped ubers lmao
>>
>>30546745
gay
>>
>>30546874
I hate when people do that on showdown.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.