[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Totem Pokemon was the toughest to beat for you? http:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 18

File: 1470372746637.png (141KB, 469x326px) Image search: [Google]
1470372746637.png
141KB, 469x326px
Which Totem Pokemon was the toughest to beat for you?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11808021
>>
File: 1472022888274.jpg (129KB, 800x807px) Image search: [Google]
1472022888274.jpg
129KB, 800x807px
>>30540355
>Haunter used Hypnosis!
>>
Mimikyu, because >>30541282
>>
File: CuuyLAVXYAAX6Bb.png (100KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
CuuyLAVXYAAX6Bb.png
100KB, 670x402px
Leave Wishiwashi and Lurantis to me
>>
Lurantis was a fucking monster

>Castform used sunny day!
>>
>tfw ohko'd Lurantis on first turn and so have no frame of reference for others' PTSD
>>
>>30541434
>lurantis survived a fire z move from my overleveled torracat

I still killed it next turn but damn
>>
Wishiwashi was the only difficult one, the rest were easy.
>>
>>30540355
Kommo-o
The entire of Poni fucked my shit up
>>
File: tmp_4671-1469070586295572270948.png (92KB, 427x304px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4671-1469070586295572270948.png
92KB, 427x304px
>Everybody says Lurantis was hard
>Anticipate fun fight
>Synthesis
>Synthesis
>Synthesis
>Synthesis
>Synthesis
>>
Mimikyu for me. Little fucker outsped all my mons. And it didn't help that most of my guys were either weak or at best neutral to at least one thing in mimikyu's moveset.

Everything else was a pushover.
>Totem Kommo-o appeared!
Oh shit a pseudo totem. Huh, my mimikyu just learned play rough and I did just get fairium z...
>Complete and utter annihilation
>>
>>30541522
Literally me
>>
Mimikyu was the only one that left me with 1hp on my last mon, and only because he was already max affention
>>
File: OhDeer.jpg (69KB, 649x690px) Image search: [Google]
OhDeer.jpg
69KB, 649x690px
>>30541405
>Wishiwashi used Soak!
>>
I had no effective way of dealing with Lurantis so it fucked me easily the first time. Then I went and caught a salandit and things went a lot better.

I thought its helpers complemented it well and it seemed thought out unlike some where they were just extra annoyances.
>>
>>30540355
Wishiwashi because I was underleveled and chose the worst starter firecat.
After you beat Totem Wishiwashi, you get plenty of opportunities to catch a water-type to beat the fire totem after, and plenty of opportunities to catch a fire/flying-type for Lurantis.

Mimikyu got assblasted by my Minior. GG EZ fuck your status effects
>>
File: Haunter.jpg (74KB, 850x638px)
Haunter.jpg
74KB, 850x638px
>>30541282
Yeah is it just me or did that shit like never miss?
>>
>>30540355
I've only gotten up to Salazzle

Gumshoe and Salazzle were both a bit challenging for my Misdreavus and Grimer.

Misdreavus destroyed Wishiwashi with two Charge Beams, it was very disappointing.
>>
>>30540355
>Whole team looking pretty good for Lurantis
>Castform making synthesis a bitch
>Fine, pressure and PP stall. Growlith has this next time.
>Different mon
>Tumbeak used Supersonic!

It wasn't even Lurantis that was hard it was the bullshit RNG from confusion.
>>
>>30541533
>He didn't OHKO Kommo-o with a Fairy-type
>>
File: 1373840936192.jpg (141KB, 500x500px)
1373840936192.jpg
141KB, 500x500px
>>30541405
The SOS partner fucks you with Lurantis
>Castform used Weatherball
>Trumbeak used Pluck
>>
>>30540355
So far it's been Vikavolt because I just finished that one and I can honestly say that spending 10 minutes spamming Stomp from my mudsdale was annoying.

I had more trouble with Trumbeak than Lurantis, hell Lurantis was OHKO'd by my Rufflet's Wing Attack.
>>
>>30540355
What if none of them were hard?
Even Totem Lurantis was easy, just have Trumbeak spam Pluck.
>>
File: Propain.gif (903KB, 400x300px)
Propain.gif
903KB, 400x300px
Salazzle figuratively screwed me because it outsped all my bros and it had a berry that raised its SpA while it was almost dead. Not to mention that Venoshock business the Salandits kept doing.

I didn't have any trouble whatsoever with Lurantis because of a Castform showing up and using Sunny Day to make my Magby's fire attacks strong enough to 2-shot it. If anything, the Castform was what really gave me trouble, since I was totally not anticipating it.
>>
I realised afterwards that if I had just had my charjabug use bug bite on totem wishiwashi the fight would have been easy as fuck because it wouldn't have had its sitrus berry to keep schooling from ending.
>>
Gumshoos was Brick Break and done, Wishiwashi and Lurantis felt like I had a chance to lose but I didn't, Salazzle was Hydro Vortex and done, Vikavolt I don't even remember anything about, Mimikyu I tried to one-shot with the Steel Z-Move but forgot about Disguise though other than that trip up it was unremarkable, one shot Kommo-O with Twinkle Tackle.
>>
>>30542329
>Using Z-moves right off the bat instead of as a last resort
>>
>>30542239
I think I had more of a hassle trying to catch Magby than I did any of the totem fights.

That fucking thing kept SOS'ing and more magby's just came. I eventually said fuck it after I killed the 15th Magby and it summoned a Magmar. I'll just breed a Magby later.
>>
>>30542276
I accidentally used pluck with my Dartrix on it and was cursing until I saw that I ate its berry. Fucking little miracles.

>>30542374
In fairness, it speeds things up dramatically. I usually use my Z-moves to grind and speed through that.
>>
>>30540355
Where's the "none" option?
>>
>>30542239
I just Buldozed the hell out of that thing with my mudbray

Two hits tho, but killed the SOS Partner got OHKO with the second bulldoze
>>
>>30542374
>using Z-moves at all instead of playing with no z moves, no exp share, no healing items, no pokemon refresh and battle style set

Fucking casual
>>
>>30542727
Yeah it's incredibly annoying when you just want to catch something. Happened to me with a fucking metapod and after that I got the message and just got the fuck out if it started happening.
>>
>Mimikyu battle
>it was pretty late so I just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible and go to sleep
>lead with Decidueye and fire off my Z-move on the first turn
>disguise takes the hit and wastes my Z-move
>figure that I'll just poison it instead so it dies quicker
>Mimikyu ate its Lum Berry

I think this was the first time I actually got outplayed by the AI in a Pokemon game.
>>
>>30542819
Mudbray and Mudsdale are incredibly based.
>>
>>30542819
>>30542879
Stamina is great for those long battles where you want to stall but dont want to feel like a shit for actually stalling.

>>30542846
I spent an hour looking for Passimian and then that piece of shit spent 30 minutes calling Trumbeaks.

I left Lush Jungle in the low-30s as a team.
>>
>Lurantis
oh hell, I forgot that was even a totem mon. I literally one-shot it in the first turn.
>>
Vikavolt battle was surprisingly tough. I don't even remember why, I think I was underleveled and my attacks only barely chipped away from Vikavolt's health. Like almost four of my mons died there
>>
File: 1480555248633.png (60KB, 974x804px) Image search: [Google]
1480555248633.png
60KB, 974x804px
Lurantis just fucked my shit up, senpai..
That was the only battle in the game where I almost lost.
>>
>>30542982
I think it's because you can't spam ground attacks and it hits really hard aside from that if you lack resistance to electric attacks.
>>
File: 1356777837333.jpg (47KB, 479x591px) Image search: [Google]
1356777837333.jpg
47KB, 479x591px
>>30542982
>tfw now that I have a vikavolt it's slow and dies easily
it looks like an aeroplane and is made of electric why is it so fucking slow

why is everything so fucking slow
>>
>>30542926
When I got to Lush jungle my team was like 28
Bulldoze that Lurantis a few times with mudbray and then just spam Air cutter with Oricorio
This after 6 tries
>>
"heh, Kommo-o will be easy, I've got Ninetales after all, one attack and it's gone."
>Kommo-o used Flash Cannon!
"N-NANI?"
>Ninetales fainted!
>>
>>30543064
>My ice/fairy type going against the dragon/fighting with steel coverage to fuck over fairies is going to OHKO it
>Oh wow, it died, I am sooo surprised
>>
>>30543064
That's why you have to low Totem's speed aat first
>>
Mimikyu is pretty tough in general, but Lurantis can be a bitch if he summons Castform.
>>
Guys.
What if Totem Mimikyu had Swords Dance?
>>
>>30540355
No totem was hard all 1 shot dead. And no we do not discuss how mimikyu is 2 shot due to ability....
>>
>>30543137
Just kill me already
>>
File: 1452554311077.jpg (24KB, 637x362px) Image search: [Google]
1452554311077.jpg
24KB, 637x362px
>>30540355
Mimikyu, followed by Lurantis. The rest were easy for me. The main reason I struggled at all with Mimikyu and Lurantis was not because of they themselves, but their partners that were annoying as fuck. Castform prevented me from walling Lurantis and Haunter would not stop putting me to sleep.

I still feel like a shitty player for actually losing to these two battles, one time each. I hadn't blacked out since Gen 2.
>>
>>30543137
Kill disguise then 1 shot with decidueye's Z-move.
>>
>>30543144
Turn off the exp share brah.
>>
What trainers did you guys have trouble with? Guzma was always close for me because bug fucks a lot of my team.

I just got to the league and Gladion slapped my shit in. I'm quite under levelled.
>>
>>30543244
Professor Kukui gave me a run around for a good 10 minutes, but my Mudsdale was doing some serious work after I finally managed to get it out there. It swept most of his team.
>>
Totem mimikyu shit on over half my team with Play Rough and then shit on the other half with a mimic'd Rock Slide.
>>
>>30543237
>implying exp share is battling every trainer and special route trainer.
>>
>>30543244
The flying type elite four was a bitch.
>>
File: 1467596943885.png (16KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
1467596943885.png
16KB, 174x231px
Lurantis smoked my bitch ass. Mimikyu was challenging but I got it in two or three tries with some Golisopod strategy.
>>
Does Mimikyn cheat or something? From my experience every attack that bitch had was a crit.
>Open with Decidueye, decide to might as well finish this quick
>Mimikyn was faster and got off Shadow Claw that crit
>Ded, follows up by summoning a Haunter
>okay might was well get Toxapex to wall it while it gets poisoned to death
>Holding a Lum berry
>Haunter gets off Hypnosis, a Shadow Claw crit and normal hit later and Toxapex was ded
>Proceeds to shit on the rest of my team
I just kind of turned off the game and went to sleep after that. Holy shit.
>>
>>30543417
Haunter's hypnosis seemed accurate as fuck. Maybe it was holding an item or something.
>>
>>30543417
Shadow Claw has an increased crit chance, so that might explain it.
>>
File: 1354285450677.jpg (81KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1354285450677.jpg
81KB, 640x476px
>>30543417
The game is evil and reads your mind.

>Okay I'm down to my last guy but I know I can take this hit and kill them
>Critical hit
>>
>>30541686
>And it didn't help that most of my guys were either weak or at best neutral to at least one thing in mimikyu's moveset
Unless I'm forgetting something, Shadow Claw + Play Rough hits EVERYTHING that can be caught in Alola for at least neutral damage. Normal/Fire, Normal/Poison, and Normal/Steel are the only type combinations that resist both Fairy and Ghost, and only one of those actually exists in a Pokemon right now.
>>
>>30543219
Turn 1:
>Totem Mimikyu used Swords Dance!
>Decidueye broke Mimikyu's disguise!
>Totem Mimikyu called for help! A wild Gengar appeared!
Turn 2:
>Totem Mimkyu used Shadow Claw! It's super-effective! A critical hit!
>Decidueye fainted!
>Gengar used Hypnosis! But there was no target...
>>
>>30540355
>Kommo-o
>hard

>A Fucking Lei used Fairy Touch!
>>
>>30543329
>spoiler
That Snorlax was the stuff of nightmares holy shit.
>>
Hau's first fight with A-Raichu threw me off because it one shot my lead
>>
Kommo-o and that "trial" in general is really fucking pathetic, this confirms it.

Rom hacks have a lot to fix there.
>>
>>30544033
it doesn't help that they just give you farium z right before it, was able to one shot the thing through protect
>>
They were all fairly easy.

The only difficulties I had were one of the two Lusamine fights (I can't remember which) and Kukui which gave me my first loss.
>>
>>30540355
Lurantis? Really?
>>
>>30544163
>t. someone who got a Trumbeak instead of a Castform
>>
>>30544163
it depends on the team, for example you can one-shot it with the fire starter and the fire z move
>>
>>30544174
I just assume that anyone who says Lurantis and Mimikyu were easy got really favorable RNG because those two fights were nearly luck-based battles.
>>
>>30541506
Fucking this
>Lurantis boosted it's speed
>go litten
>lurantis used slash or some shit
>litten used flame charge
>Lurantis called for Castform
>outspeed and unleash INFERNO OVADRAIVU
>crispycritter.png
>Castform spells it's own doom by using Sunny Day
>Fire Fang it to death
>>
>>30542982
>tfw thick club lightningrod A-Marowak
What's a Vikavolt?
>>
The only one I had to face several times was Lurantis. The only difficult Captain was the ground one.
>>
>Trumbeak used Pluck!
>Totem Lurantis called for help!
>Castform appeared!
>Castform used Sunny Day!
>Trumbeak used Pluck!
>Totem Lurantis used Synthesis!
>Castform used Weather Ball!
>Totem Lurantis used Synthesis!
>Trumbeak used Pluck!
repeat steps until Lurantis runs out of Synthesis
>Trumbeak used Pluck!
>Castform used Weather Ball!
>Lurantis used Leaf Blade!
>Trumbeak used Pluck!

piece o' cake
>>
>>30541533
Pepekek raped Kommo-o and Scizor. The entire gauntlet that was the Poni Canyon leading up to the thing, i'll give you however. I was mere battles from BTFOication until Lillie saved my ass
>>
I started cheesing totems with Z Moves after Lurantis Fuck that thing.
>>
>>30541881
>chose the worst starter firecat.
>worst starter
>even chose it and had an adventure with it and is still saying this
Kys yourself
>>
>>30542845
>removing all features due to severe autism
Sure, but i'm after fun
>>
The only totem i lost to was mimickyu. And that was because i tried poisoning it without knowing the lum berry was there.
Next game confused it then poisoned it. Stalled out with water/bug spider.
>>
Only one I lost to was raticate but I only had 3 pokemon and 2 were weak to bite and my starter got fucked by flinch hax.

I also was down to one pokemon at two other trials. Mimikyu and Kommo-o, each time pelipper bailed my ass out though, scald + roost is op
>>
>>30540355
wishiwashi AKA the only one that gave me trouble.

i don't know why everyone's saying the totem pokemon are hard, but it makes me mad because you're the reason we'll never have BW2 hard mode again.
>>
Lurantis only gave me trouble because of the Castform support.

The second he summoned a Trumbeak instead, i steamrolled em.
>>
>>30542982
Screwed me for a bit as well.
>didn't know Vikavolt had Levitate
>didn't think Charjabug was also part electric
>Charjabug spams Thunder Wave
>>
>>30544234
Lurantis is easy because if you have some sense and think to yourself "this is obviously the grass trial coming up I should use a bird/fire pokemon" it's an easy win. I beat lurantis with fucking butterfree

To be fair though mimikyu is hard cus you'd probably bring a dark type and get fucked by play rough.
>>
>>30543097
>i thouroughly read through every last piece of spoiler i can before playing because i'm an impatient kid with a low attention span
>>
File: ass.jpg (86KB, 1376x1013px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
86KB, 1376x1013px
>>30540355
>Lurantis used Synthesis!
>>
>>30545017
Seriously, the other trials give you some warning of what your about to face but there is literally no way to realize what trial your about to face or even a pokemon center to switch out your pokemon in poni>>30545017
>>
>>30543244
Guzma at paradise
>bring new mons to the table to change it up
>try tp sweep his ass with bulk up acrobatics passiman
>suddenly masquerain
>dat buff
>get swooped
He wasn't our boi
>>
>>30544974
I had a Fire type in my team at the time but I didn't OHKO Lurantis with it because it had the shittiest IV for Sp Atk possible and Castform was the ally it summoned so I got fucking shat on. It was a downward spiral from there. My next attempt I changed my strategy and it worked a lot better, mainly because I actually got good RNG. I can't help getting unlucky.
>>
>>30545104
By process of elimination you could guess it's a dragon totem.
>>
I had mad trouble with Salazzle actually, unless you have a super tanky pokemon you're just fucked cus it out speeds you so hard and the toxic venoshock combo hits like a motherfucking truck. I didn't just get beat I got swept hard and didn't even get a chance to use a move.
>>
>>30544974
I brought Passiman hoping to Bulk Up and beat up through his disguise. Didn't expect it to outspeed and have Play Rough
>>
They were all easy, and if you didn't beat them all on your first try you probably suck. Although the one that gave me the most trouble was Lurantis.
>>
i had a terrible team comp for lurantis and barely scraped by with my magnemite's sonic boom spam
>>
>>30545312
Could be flying or psychic too since they are both hidden away and you may not have found them yet
>>
>>30545312
Not necessarily, Icium Z isn't until Victory Road and most people probably forgot to go back for Flyinium Z or Psychium Z
>>
File: 1453962805338.jpg (70KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
1453962805338.jpg
70KB, 592x592px
>>30545345
>mfw I blacked out to Lurantis and Mimikyu once

Got the noose ready?
>>
>>30541618
Sunny Day + Synthesis was cancer.
Never did I regret not having Fire.

>>30541518
>>30541506
>>30544324

Not having Fire while being underleveled (Via no EXP Share and no grinding while running a full team) is not a fun experience.
>>
I set up a situation where I let my hakamo-o deal the finishing blow to kommo-o (z-move too) so it could level up to 45 and evolve
it felt poetic
>>
>>30545539
I'm surprised it evolves that early, pretty sure the jang-mo in the wild are like lvl 41-42, I thought Kommo-o would be 55 at least
>>
>>30540355
I picked Rowlet so...

> Gumshoos/Raticate
Easy

> Wishiwashi
Three shot knockout with Dartrix

> Salazzle
One shot with bulldoze Arcanine

> Lurantis
FUCKING SYNTHESIS AND WEATHER BALL

> Vikavolt
Average

> Mimikyu
Average

> Kommo-o
A massive joke. Untouchable with Decidueye.
>>
I 1-shot lurantis.

Vikavolt nearly wiped my team.
>>
Only real challenge for me was Lurantis. Had to stall it out until it has no PP left for synthesis. Managed to take out the Castform though which made it easier. The Trumbeak that came in wasn't really a threat for me.
>>
Went into the game blind, did a rival Locke with a friend, exp share off and battle mode set.

With my friend shitting on me and stealing my Pokemon, I still had an easy time until the third island.

>brick break the ratticate, easy
>charge beam and light screen for wishiwashi, easy enough, but made me realize I had to start preparing for the totems
>lurantis, lead with Salandit, exchange leaf blade with flame burst, realize it's physical
>just swap gyarados and Salandit in and out until it's intimidated down to nothing.
>kill it and trumbeak

Then the level spike hit and Hau's Raichu wiped my party. Had to restart.
>>
Lurantis, but this was my team

>Brionne
>Pikachu
>Lycanroc
>Mudbray
>Charjabug
>Stufful
>>
>>30540355
Fucking none, when will the "totem pokemon are hard" meme end?
>>
salazzle because I didn't have any ground type mons or moves
>>
File: 1472332971157.jpg (53KB, 325x482px) Image search: [Google]
1472332971157.jpg
53KB, 325x482px
>>30543019
Alola - Where everything is slow and physical
>>
>>30541282
>>30541336
>>30541686
>>30541792
>>30542860
So glad I blew off disguise with Ghost Arrows before firing off my Z move.
Only Lurantis gave me problems. I got one with a defensive nature.
No Bueno even for my Adamant Dartrix.
>>
File: SOLAR BLADE TIME.jpg (215KB, 594x728px) Image search: [Google]
SOLAR BLADE TIME.jpg
215KB, 594x728px
Pic related
>>
when i chose litten i got wrecked by wishiwashi and salazzle
when i chose popplio i got wrecked by gumshoos and lurantis
everyone else was super easy
>>
File: 1449122897139.jpg (32KB, 189x189px)
1449122897139.jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>lurantis
>first turn blow off half it's HP with torracat
>castform appeared!
>mfw I know what's coming next
>kill lurantis next turn
>castform used sunny day right after my move
Judging by most people's reactions to the Grass Trial, I feel like I dodged a bullet there.
>>
>manage to kill first turn castform before it could use Sunny Day
>Lurantis became fully charged due to its Power Herb!
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.