[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The influence this franchise has over one (or more) entire generation(s)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon.jpg (26KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
26KB, 638x359px
The influence this franchise has over one (or more) entire generation(s) of humans is truly unsettling.
This shit will be a minor chapter in history books in the future i'd wager
>>
They're just games my dude.
>>
>>30539215
not really though. it's a big, big franchise.
people who have never played the games are perfectly familiar with pokemon.
i remember in elementary school, every kid would collect stickers for the album.
every. single. kid.
>>
>>30539301
>>
>>30539301
>>
>>30539199
pikachu is the new micky mouse
>>
>>30539529
I honestly think people are more familiar with pikachu than mickey mouse.

I can't name more than 3 Walt Disney characters but all 151 with literally no problem.
>>
Of course it's going down in history. With the Internet practically chronicling the entirety of modern culture, Pokemon will be immortalised.
>>
>>30539199
pokemon might be the most well known franchise ever, but that's because "franchise" is a pretty new concept.
before that it was religions.
pop cultures are just new religions in a sense.
>>
It may become a piece of immortalized pop culture, but by then in the far future in the way Sherlock Holmes or James Bond or Jules Vernes's books are in today's world. You may very well know of it through historical osmosis but really not give a flip about it unless you're really into it in a retro way, the way people are into Holmes.
>>
>>30539846
That's pretty accurate. Intensely fanatic followers as well as fairly casual ones. Art dedicated to depicting specific events from the various canons. Observed holy days with special traditions.
>>
>>30539600
>I honestly think people are more familiar with pikachu than mickey mouse.
That is far from true
>>
Pokemon is insanely popular but probably not the most well know franchise. I think if they have a section in history books set off about the generations entertainment they might talk about it.
>>
>>30540055
Micky Mouse has a huge amount of time over Pikachu, and Disney wasn't an absolute retard when it came to marketing and strategic business practices. Give it time though, and Pika will catch up.

>Thousands of years from now, some autist will achieve a position of some power, and Pikachu will become a recognizable symbol of humanity on the galactic scale
>>
>>30539529
i think that's an apt comparison.
>>
>>30539846
*tips*
>>
>>30539846
>The cult of Pikachu, and a thousand lesser deities would remain in a post-apocalypse scenerio
>>
>>30540255
it will not. The Disney brand is incredibly expansive and can be applied to practically any kind of product or service. Pokémon is a video game franchise, period. There are huge populations that will never come in contact with it in a meaningful way, but practically everyone knows and understands what Disney stands for.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.