[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's list some of the great innovations of Gen 7 >You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-801Magearna.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-801Magearna.png
56KB, 250x250px
Let's list some of the great innovations of Gen 7
>You can name mystery gift Pokemon
>>
File: 1480705891352.jpg (229KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480705891352.jpg
229KB, 1280x1280px
>>30536351
>SoS system
>character developement
>ultra beasts
>>
>>30536351

>Send to box or add to team?
>>
>>30536351
>You can spin your character if you walk in a circle
>>
File: 1474504176433.jpg (111KB, 583x990px) Image search: [Google]
1474504176433.jpg
111KB, 583x990px
>>30536351

seriously? i havent gotten mine yet. about fucking time though.

>no more HMs
feels good, mang. pic related was a step backwards though, and the menu system not having a one button exit anymore.
>>
>Island Trials
>>
>>30536378
I read ultra beasts as ultra breasts
>>
>>30536399
>by quickly nudging the stick you can hover over the ground
>>
>>30536378
>SoS system
Fuck that garbage. DexNav was superior in every way

On topic
>The free space in the bag
>Poke pelago
>Adding newly caught mons/eggs to party directly
>hyper training
>Remove hms
>IV checking is better
>>
>>30536391
This. And also getting rid of the withdraw/deposit prompt and just making it all a move system
>>
Pokémon evolving mid-battle! Finally!

Oh, wait...
>>
>While flawed, bringing back Join Avenue as the Plaza is a good idea and a step in the right direction if they continue to improve it
>Having a proper story interaction, development and focus for all the Captains is good to help them feel memorable, another thing they've carried from Gen 5
>Actual Post-Game area in the Region to explore, ANOTHER thing carried over from Gen 5
>Battle Tree, while flawed and not quite as full as the PWT, is a step back in the right direction

Basically, S/M feel like the actual next games following Gen 5. While some of it is still downgrades, it only serves to show how much worse Gen 6 was.

X/Y/OR/AS feel like a real ugly duckling between Gen 5 and 7.
>>
Let's say you have a box with 25 pokemon and 5 empty slots
Instead of having to individually place pokemon in those spots they call get put there automatically
Thank fucking god
>>
File: 1473742304850.jpg (18KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1473742304850.jpg
18KB, 350x263px
>>30536589
>The free space in the bag

>he thinks free space is a gen VII innovation.
>>
>They realized Mega Evolution was a mistake
>Now Post-Game only, require lots of BP to obtain
>Banned from official play
>Mega Dex entries talk about how the process is torturous and inhumane

They can't outright remove them, but they sure as hell are encouraging people to quit using them, and ensuring they're not going to affect gameplay in the main game or competitive, ever again.
>>
>>30536804

I'd be surprised if they're not allowed in competitive play after this first season, particularly once Bank goes live. After all, NPC trainers do use them in the Battle Tree, which wouldn't be the case if they were really trying to completely get rid of them.
>>
Pokémon Pelago berry field, love it
>>
>>30536932
Maybe next year, or the year after.

They typically allow most things in the final VGC year of a Gen.

Gen 6 was a bit different, because OR/AS was heavily promoting all the Legendaries and shit.

We'll have to wait and see of course, it is entirely possible that Megas will be back, and only banned on Gen launch years, but right now it seems like they are being heavily discouraged and forgotten in favor of Terrain fighting, Z Moves and Ultra Beasts
>>
File: 1419626017549.jpg (658KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1419626017549.jpg
658KB, 800x800px
>>30536804
>They can't outright remove them

Then where's my mega mawile? This is bullshit
>>
>>30537035
Taking >>30536932 and >>30537033 into consideration, the rest of the Megastones will probably be available in the next game, where they may lift the ban on Mega Pokémon.
>>
>>30537035
>Fighting in battle royale
>Opponent uses mega mawile
Just hack it in bro, should work.
>>
>>30536351
First of all, this isn't a mystery gift - it's a QR code. Second, you could always nickname mystery gift pokemon so long as they had your OT and matching IDs.

You don't know anything about anything holy shit.
>>
>>30536351
Dunno if it was the case in XY/ORAS but i don't remember Pokerus being able to spread until the opponent was actually defeated instead of running away.
>>
>Move relearner lets you learn moves you haven't even leveled to yet
>>
>>30537179
God you are a fucking idiot

>you could always nickname mystery gift pokemon so long as they had your OT and matching IDs.
Yeah, except previous Events never did this, ever

>this isn't a mystery gift - it's a QR code.
You could nickname the Munchlax, and presumably every future Event they release too
>>
>>30536391
>It's holding an item, do you want to put that in the box to, or take it with you?
>>
>>30536391
>Includes Eggs.
>>
File: 1480971170978.png (83KB, 669x570px) Image search: [Google]
1480971170978.png
83KB, 669x570px
>>30536351
>you can name MG mons
BEST GEN CONFIRMED. i don't care anymore.
>>
>>30537398
You're a blatant mothefucking liar
http://www.serebii.net/events/2013.shtml

I click one random year for events, scroll down a little and right there a Metagross with our OT and ID. Get your shit together Tyrone.

Magearna still is not a Mystery Gift - you adding a pic of her instead of the only other MG pokemon kinda made it seem like you're trying to say its a MG when you don't even go near that feature whatsoever when getting it.
>>
I wish the nursery system was better. Why not just have a menu pop up when you talk to the lady where you can drag pokemon from your PC or party and switch them out with what's already in the nursery? There's no reason to make the process so clunky. Hopefully next gen.
>>
>>30537708
>one Event from 2013 out of literally hundreds of non-nicknamable Events
And this is somehow more notable than two back-to-back nicknamable Events in Gen 7

Ok.
>>
>>30537658
Well, That's because Magearna has you as its OT. We'll get to see if it holds up.
>>
>>30539540
As long as I can nickname my Marshadow Marvin and whathever Legendary/Mythical distribution like shiny UB's or Tapus with HA's, I don't care. This is something I've wanted for a very long time.
>>
>it shows you the stages of stat changes and stuff like protean type changes in the menu

I love this but it does dumb the game down a little. I hate how it randomly reminds retards which moves are effective.
>>
>>30536662
Honestly, ORAS feels like it was trying to lead up to Sun and Moon. Everyone makes the comparison to Gen 5 (And rightfully so, it's very much like it) But if you look at ORAS from an objective standpoint, it really does feel like it tried to lead into Sun and Moon from X and Y
>>
>>30536391
Holy crap this. This has saved a lot of time on helping me find wild pokemon of decent natures, and for breeding abra synchronizers.
>>
>>30537375
>But the move relearner appears at endgame and it's not in a case where as the move relearner appears early, but will only be able to start teaching future moves to your pokemon once you reach endgame.
>>
>>30536632
At least I found out pokemon can evolve if you faint them or black out in this game.
>>
>>30536411
>pic related was a step backwards though
When there's tons of doors that aren't able to be entered having a visual, even if it's a button prompt, is useful anon.
>>
>>30537780
You called me stupid and you don't have the intelligence to even look 1cm lower on the same god damn page to see Dragonite and Celebi and probably 10 or so other event. This ALSO was only a list from 2013. You just said "never did this, ever.", like you knew shit but you don't know fuck all because there's been a lot more than none. I also remember there being a SHAYMIN from like 2006 or 2007 that could be nicknamed so.. ? Don't know where you got your information from but holy shit, can you not spread bullshit around and actually check your information. It's people like you who cause even bigger retards to believe shit on the internet and do things like not immunizing their children.
>>
>would you like to add egg to team or box
Best feature imo
>>
I hope next game ups the theme songs
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.