[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is old news but does anyone else hate what they did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1473823491087.jpg (77KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1473823491087.jpg
77KB, 960x638px
I know this is old news but does anyone else hate what they did to the cries? Everything sounds basically the same and I can't even recognize some of the older ones.
>>
https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/cries/old/
original cries

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/cries/
new cries
>>
>>30534285
A lot of the changed cries sound pretty bland to me, like they got rid of any pitch changes. Salamence comes to mind. I liked its old cry a lot, but now it just sounds like static.
>>
Pokemon cries have always sounded like fucking nightmares, but it's still not as stupid as them having them say their name
>>
>>30534337
What am I supposed to do with this?
>>30534434
A lot of them just sound like they added a reverb or echo effect.
>>
>>30534554
That's weird, a lot of them sound like they removed a reverb effect.
>>
>>30534285
>Everything sounds basically the same

>Charizard and Rhyhorn
>Poliwag and Ditto

And then suddenly everything sounds the same 6 generations later?
>>
>>30534554
I just wanted to share a place where you can hear the cries easily, anon
>>
>>30534337
>that Aerodactyl
Jesus Christ
>>
The Gen I-II updated cries would've been a lot better if they'd been remade from scratch rather than just putting the old ones through a filter or whatever it is they did with them.
Most of the later ones range from decent improvements (Trapinch), to being different but not necessarily worse, to being completely butchered (Kyogre, Victini, Garbodor).
Overall it was mostly pointless because they didn't really put any effort into most of them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.