[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>X/Y >Largest amount of pokemon you can encounter and catch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1458502214837.jpg (27KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27KB, 645x773px
>X/Y
>Largest amount of pokemon you can encounter and catch ingame of any Pokemon game ever

>Sun/Moon
>Usually only 1 unique pokemon per zone, while the rest is just Yungoos/Gumshoos during day or Rattata/Raticate at night, Wingull/Pelipper, and other generic Pokemon you can find in like 20 different routes throughout the entire game

Why did Game Freak do this?
What is wrong with putting as many Pokemon into the game as possible, unless it leads to a situation where the chance of encountering the Pokemon you want in a patch of grass is 5% for each? Especially now that Game Freak has made it so different patches of grass in the same area can have different kinds of Pokemon.

It just doesn't make sense. Is it just becuase they want people to buy Poke Bank?
I mean, come on, the entire game has like 250 Pokemon
>>
>250 pokemon
>1/4 of the entire dex
>not a lot
>>
You might be exaggerating slightly, SM is still the second most varied in the series
>>
>>30527206
This is one thing I can agree on. The distribution of Pokemon is shit in SM. I actually had fun catching them all in XY, but in SM it's just a fucking chore.
>>
>>30527206

"Because you'll buy it anyways."
>>
>>30527234
Both XY and B2W2 were more varied than Sun/Moon. You could argue that ORAS was more varied after you got the National Dex too and Platinum was pretty close to Sun/Moon despite being a 7 year old game.

Even if OP is exaggerating, there is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be more Pokemon in the game. Game Freak should be taking steps forwards, not backwards.
>>
>>30527206
With bank in january and my living dex i dont have to worry about this shit anymore.
>>
>>30527296
I know, but i find it fun to be able to encounter and catch a lot of different Pokemon in the game.
>>
Because the region would feel atrificial aka the game would be boring as shit since the region would be feel way to atrificial.

Also,i want new pokemon too,so having less old pokemon helps.
I wouldn't even bough this game if the regional dex is 450+ like XY,becaue i don't see anything fun in that,if XY had +120 new pokemon
maybe.
>>
>>30527206
I think what REALLY makes this noticeable is that this gen has maybe 70 new Pokemon, yet the dex is so small so you just have a bunch of filler.

X/Y only introduced like 70 new Pokemon too, but it had the biggest selection of Pokemon ever. Black/White for example had a slightly larger amount of Pokemon you could catch, but the gen itself also introduced like 150 new mons so there was just a lot of cool new shit.
>>
>>30527338
I agree,i can't stand Kalos for this.
It feels way to bloated and atrificial,common pokemon like fletching only live in 1 route? like what the hell is this shit game?
>>
>>30527338
>>30527409
>atrificial
Nice samefag
>>
>>30527338
>>30527409
There are a shit ton of different species living in places like the Galapagos Islands. It's actually more realistic if you have a larger variety of Pokemon living in one region, especially for a tropical setting like Alola.
>>
For balance reasons, of course. What they should have done was introduce more new Pokemon.
>>
>>30527206
I guess you're underage and don't understand what game desing and lore is.

Look kid,region identity and biodiversity is more important that bloating the dex,that's why the dex is smaller tha xy,becaus they wanted the region to feel alive,unlike kalos.

They always could introuduce post-game islands to catch old pokemon or something like that,but they shouldn't mess up with the region iself because autistics complain.
>>
>>30527460
Yeah Kalos totaly fels realistic,having like 8 diferent pokemon in each route and they only live in that route.
Pokemon regions are too small to having a 400.
Regionals dex are fine with 210-300.
>>
>>30527206
>What is wrong with putting as many Pokemon into the game as possible
I don't want to have to go through a million encounters just to get what I want in any patch of grass. So kill yourself.
>>
>>30527490
>Yeah Kalos totaly fels realistic,having like 8 diferent pokemon in each route and they only live in that route.
It does make sense, each route is different. What's the point of having 30 different routes if they all have the exact same Pokemon? Each ecosystem is different and they end up having different Pokemon as a result.

>>30527514
>I don't want to have to go through a million encounters just to get what I want in any patch of grass. So kill yourself.
That's what the DexNav was for. To bad they removed it.
>>
>>30527206
The only thing Gen 6 has over Gen 7 is how Online was handled
Just that
Anyway what's with the recent "Gen 6 is better than Gen 7" threads
>>
>>30527460
Almost any of the islands of the Galapagos Archipelago are also much larger than any of the Pokemon regions. It's obvious they are going to have more biodiversity when you can't do the equivalent of walking from one side of a Pokemon region to another in less than an hour for any of the islands.
>>
>>30527563
You remember how much more popular in general Gen 6 was over Gen 3, 4, or 5? It's kiddies that came back to Pokemon for those games and are now offended others are calling their nostalgia-trips to be complete crap.
>>
>>30527571
The Pokemon world is not meant to be a 1:1 representation of the real world. Can you really call a settlement with 10 buildings a city? The cities and towns in the Pokemon world are a scaled-down representation and you can think of the entire region as being the same.
>>
>>30527206
> This matters when Bank exists.
why
>>
>half the pokedex is kanto
>>
>>30527619
>The Pokemon world is not meant to be a 1:1 representation of the real world
That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. If a Pokemon region isn't a 1:1 representation of the real world, that includes the amount of biodiversity you'd find too.
>>
>>30527641
You seem to be making the opposite point. If the Pokemon world was a 1:1 representation, then it would have a 1:1 amount of biodiversity. And since the Pokemon world is so small, then the diversity would also be small.

But since it is not a 1:1 representation, it means you have to enlarge everything. In other words, the biodiversity should be large.
>>
>>30527514
>I don't want to have to go through a million encounters just to get what I want in any patch of grass. So kill yourself.

And you wouldn't have to since obviously Game Freak has proven with Sun/Moon that they can just make different species appear in different patches of grass, so you could still look for specifc mons
>>
>>30527206
But this was the worst thing of Kalos. I'd rather see Yungoos on every route than only on the first route, this makes Alola (or any other region) feel more alive than Kalos.
>>
>>30527676
>the region with more Pokemon feels less alive
Kill yourself
>>
>>30527697
>Quantity over Quality meme
Are you retarded? how a regio with fletchin and most other common pokemon apparearing in only 1 routes feels alive?
>>
>>30527724
Pretty much this,when you go to other town you can still see the same species as your town.
In Kalos is like the region is disconected and every route is their own country.
>>
>>30527724
First of all, Fletchling appears in two places (Route 2 and Santalune Forest). Secondly, every route is different. Route 2 borders Santalune Forest and Aquacorde Town while Route 3 borders Santalune Forest and Santalune City. Route 3 borders a city so it is more likely to have more people around it. This will scare off certain Pokemon, while attracting others.

Besides, there are still Pokemon like Bunnelby that appear in multiple routes.
>>
>>30527724
>>30527759
You fucking faggots
When i encounter fucking rats on every single fucking route i Alola i think more of a fucking rat infestation than anything else
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.