[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decidueye >a bird of prey >that's said ti reach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 727Incineroar.png (591KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
727Incineroar.png
591KB, 1280x1280px
>decidueye
>a bird of prey
>that's said ti reach astonishing speeds
>70 speed

>incineroar
>a tiger
>prevo has 90 speed
>60 speed

>toucannon
>a toucan
>a thin and streamlined one at that
>prevo has 75 speed
>has relatively long legs, could be good for running
>toucan beaks aren't even heavy
>60 speed

>vikavolt
>all beetle pokemon (heracross, ledian, pinsir) have 85 speed
>this one is electric-type and said to be very fast
>43 speed
>SLOWER THAN ITS LARVA

>passimian
>a primate that plays a sport about running
>80 speed

>lurantis
>an agile mantis
>45 speed

WHY WAS THIS EVEN ALLOWED
EVEN KOMALA, A KOALA THAT'S ALWAYS SLEEPING AND HOLDING A LOG, IS FASTER THAN MOST OF THE DEX
>>
>>30526950
Speed means how fast a Pokemon can attack, not how fast something flies or runs.
>>
It's disgusting. I pray everyday that this gets patched or changed in future gens at the very least.
>>
>>30526950
It feels like they went genwun with the stats. That is to say more rounded rather than minmaxed, with some exceptions. Even the UBs have very poor stats in at least one or two areas to compensate for a ridiculously large stat elsewhere.

I appreciate that they attempted to create a balanced group of pokemon rather than continue the power creep, but it seems to late for this kind of philosophy, and now we have a group of completely mediocre pokemon. The speed stat in particular did not need to be so ubiquitously terrible. Usually slow pokemon can boast some bulk to compensate for acting last, but apparently they didn't get the memo this time around.
>>
Vikavolt still baffles me, everything about its design and lore screams fast.
>>
I'm beside myself with this. I like all of the new Pokemon; but fuck are they underwhelming.
>>
>>30526950
Who gives a shit you dumb smogonfag

Competitive Pokemon is unfun garbage anyway
>>
File: 59093729_p1.jpg (3MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
59093729_p1.jpg
3MB, 2000x3000px
>Vikavolt - aerodynamic flying beetle
>Crustle - hermit crab carrying a huge rock on its back

Guess which one is faster?
>>
>>30527074
I imagine it being something like: it attacks are so powerful that it needs a lot of charging time to fire one of.
>>
>>30527059
>It feels like they went genwun
no shit sherlock.
>>
File: gradius_2.png (45KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
gradius_2.png
45KB, 768x672px
>>30527074
It makes sense, the ship isn't fast immediately.
>>
>>30527093
It's not even about competitive battling, the stats don't fit thematically
>>
>incineroar
It lost 2 legs.
>>
>>30527130
What the fuck's your problem, faggot? The OP was wondering why the stats are mediocre and I added that GF probably regrets the power creep of past gens and so they designed stats like they would have in the early games. I'm not referencing SM's obvious genwun pandering you inept fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>30527165
>No Speed Boost
>No No Guard for 100% accurate Zap Cannon
>Sort of okay bulk for a Bug type, still a Bug type though
They could have made him okay, they just didn't want to
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.