[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the quickest I've bought, beaten, then gotten tired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 15

File: abysmal.jpg (39KB, 326x203px) Image search: [Google]
abysmal.jpg
39KB, 326x203px
This is the quickest I've bought, beaten, then gotten tired of a Pokemon game ever.

Even X/Y had more to do after you beat the game. Friend Safari, a bigger region to explore, more pokemon to catch...

There's just no motivation to play this shitty game anymore. Are any of you seriously having fun with this game still? I've expired everything beyond mindless farming for shinies, and mindless farming for pokemon in the alolan dex. With Showdown, there's literally no point in this fucking game.

To those of you who consider this game to be among the best in the series, how? Personally, I think it's the worst besides Red and Blue, which have the excuse of being 20 years old. This is just sad.
>>
>Even X/Y had more to do after you beat the game
no
>>
File: Cilan2.jpg (21KB, 236x362px) Image search: [Google]
Cilan2.jpg
21KB, 236x362px
>>30524373
You don't have friends to play with do you?
>>
At least it isn't XY
>>
People are still in the honeymoon phase and refuse to acknowledge a game could be worse than XY because they've built it up to be some boogeyman worst game ever.

Personally I got tired of ORAS more quickly, but ORAS I actually came back to earlier this year and found I still had a lot more things to do that I glossed over before and clocked another hundred hours in.
>>
>>30524388
Literally yes.

XY:
>An entire new town
>Battle Chateau with everything the Battle Tree has and more
>Friend Safari
Sun/Moon
>5 fetch quests
>Battle Tree
That's it.
>>30524401
X/Y were worse games, but they had the excuse of being the first 3D (and 3DS) games. Don't get me wrong, X and Y were still awful, awful games, but Sun and Moon should've been far better than X/Y, but they ended up being about as bad, while also making things even worse in some cases.
>>30524395
I do, and I play with them on Showdown. Sun and Moon provide absolutely nothing this free website doesn't.
>>
>>30524466
Things you can do:
>Have for fun classic FFAs.
>Have for fun Battle Royals
>Catch them all
>Buy all clothing
>Fully upgrade Pelago
>Breed Pokemon
>Hatch shinies of your favorite mons
>>
>>30524466
>An entire new town
In which there's nothing to do except the battle maison, SM postgame gives a bunch of new areas to explore ontop of the battle tree

this is bad bait
>>
Sounds like you should just kill yourself honestly. Thinking any game is worse than x/y is signs of untreated brain cancer
>>
>>30524450
Exactly. Sun/Moon has about the same amount of content as ORAS, if not more. Again, it's a shitty game, but...

ORAS
>Battle Resort with another Battle Chateau
>Move Tutors
>Several pokemon to ACTUALLY hunt for after completing the game
>Secret Bases
Sun/Moon
>5 pokemon to look for
>Battle Tree
>>
the gen 6 and gen 7 comparisons get worse by the day.
gen 6 fucking sucks it doesn't even fucking matter what you could do after beating the main game and it sure as hell wasn't much.
SM postgame sucks too but at least it was a decent game
>>
a majority of the XY characters are poorly designed as well
>>
>>30524503
>Have for fun classic FFAs
With the small selection of pokemon available in Alola. Or I can use Showdown and use any pokemon.
>Have for fun Battle Royales
I already finished the Battle Royales. They're fucking awful and I never wanna touch that shit again.
>Catch them all
Oh boy, grinding for pokemon that spawn 1% of the time, how fun.
>Buy all clothing
Oh boy, fly from one store to another and go through a list while pressing A, how fun.
>Fully upgrade Pelago
Oh boy, idling, how fun.
>Breed pokemon
Oh boy, run around on a tauros in a box, how fun.
>Hatch shinies of your favorite pokemon
See above.

>>30524506
>DUHHH BAIT xDDD
An entire town full of NPCs to talk to and get stuff from.
All you get after beating the Elite 4 in Sun and Moon is the rest of Poni island, which is just one dinky little route with piss-easy trainers.

>>30524508
>le u dont agree with my opinion ur dum
Give me one legitimate reason why Sun and Moon are good games.
>>30524565
Gen 5 wasn't great, but it beat the hell out of 6 and 7. I legitimately can't see how you can say Gen 7 is better than Gen 5; not because "Gen 5 is that good", but because Gen 7 is that bad.

Every fucking time the Gen 7 defense force comes out, they just reply with "NO UR WRONG" without actually giving a good reason why Gen 7 doesn't deserve to be shit on.
>>
>>30524588
Learn to read, friend, I'm not saying X or Y are good games. Hated them too. The point is that the fact that Sun and Moon are on the same level as they are makes them irredeemable.
>>
>>30524590
Never talked about gen 5, bw2 is better than gen 6 and 7 combined.
>>
>>30524590
The whole game is basically press directional button and mash "a" if you think about it. You're just making it not fun.
>>
>>30524655
Oh shit, I thought you said Gen 5. I gotta get some fucking glasses.
My point still stands, Sun and Moon are worse than XY because of just how microscopically little they improved and how much they made worse. To put it simply, one step forward, two steps back.

>>30524674
Tell me what I'm doing wrong to not enjoy the game. Why do you enjoy it?
>>
>>30524711
You're using Pokemon Showdown.
>>
I would be fine with just having the Tree and battling competitively that way if it didn't fucking CHEAT. It's not fun when the AI has an unfair advantage.
>>
XY had 3 post-game legendaries to catch, who had essentially no story and were just waiting for you to capture them, one who was roaming.
SM has fucking 17, with 11 of them being presented in a quest with a storyline, one of them making you unlock another world with inversed day and night and one having you catch its parts throughout the game. It takes much longer to get all of them than XY and it's also more entertaining due to the different way they're obtained and the storyline.
There are events throughout the islands that get unlocked which presents additional story as well as battles and rewards (Rematch with Guzma, rematch with Faba, fighting the school principle, fighting Morimoto, etc.)
There's the Eeveenium quest

>>30524590
>An entire town full of NPCs to talk to and get stuff from.
It takes 10 minutes to talk to everybody. They give you everything they have for free. Items in SM are given after battles and have a related cutscene. They're not all in one spot.
>>
>>30524590
beat battle tree yet?
>>
>>30524711
>way more challenging
>exp share is properly balanced
>shook up the gym formula in a positive way
>characters and story are actually engaging and interesting compared to XY's childish garbage
>a lot more stuff to do in the post game
>3D overworld visuals are vastly improved
>Z-moves add something to competitive battles that aren't as unbalanced as megas
XY has nothing on SM, stop being le ebin contrarian
>>
>>30524373
Honestly, me too. I'm not seeing myself locking the 999 hours in this game like I did in X/Y. But on the other hand, this is a much more complete game than X/Y or ORAS ever were.

Fuck, I would kill to have a new Earthbound with these graphic style, world structure, music, etc etc. I think GF should just give Pokémon a break and get their hands on this.
>>
>>30524819
>999 hours in this game like I did in X/Y
i hope this is a joke
>>
>>30524853
No, he's likely very autistic.

Farming like an MMO does not make a good game, and that's likely what he does rather than Pokegen.
>>
>>30524373
By the way people go on about "Post-Game" you'd think there was never actually a "Pre-Post-Game" portion to these Pokemon games.
>>
>>30524373
>mindless farming for pokemon in the alolan dex
Dude, it took me less than 3 days to 100% it.

Aside from battle tree, which I intend to actually use once I am allowed to use past gen pokemon without hacks...
Theres fucking nothing left for me.
>Shiny charm
>chain 200 wishiwashis
>nothing
Fuck this, I was in that chain for 5 hours.
>>
>>30524466
>AN ENTIRE NEW TOWN

This is terrible bait. Literally about 4 houses and you clear the town under 10 minutes. Don't fluff it up like it wasn't the biggest postgame disappointment we've had so far
>>
>>30524853
It was before I could inject. After the post game my game basically became a biking simulator.

Actually fucking got 7 legit shinies (4 useable in battle) through the MM.
>>
>>30525040
>The Battle Frontier Project has started!
>>
File: 1474665239206.png (299KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474665239206.png
299KB, 1000x1000px
Bump
>>
Support the fangames good sir.
>>
>>30525031
>200 wishiwashi
>5 hours
You should turn off battle effects to speed things up.
>>
>>30525315
Fangames are ded
>>
>>30525372
Oh shit I forgot about that.
That seriously would have helped.
Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>30525393
The non-cringey ones are still in production.
>>
>>30525422
Like what, muh vp makes ID Heaven?
>>
>>30525457
Please explain.
>>
>>30525473
I meant Sage.
>>
>>30525493
I still believe in it. And Clover. And Etherial Gates. And Prism.
Bash me and bust my mind boner.
>>
>No chance to get certain non-Alolan pokemon in GTS until January when Bank releases the update
>No National Pokedex until you get the option in Bank, which application you actually have to pay for to have access to when I never had the reason to because I never used that many boxes

It's shit Jose
>>
>>30525812
> Not using bank to transfer move exclusive mons, stash ingame team bros, and store the living dex away safely

Get on my level.
>>
>>30525844
>Stores living dex on servers

I hope you're okay with the idea and possibility of Game Freak somehow terminating the service and taking down the servers along with your entire living dex with it.
>>
>>30525886
And it's not like your cart can't somehow fuck up and become corrupted.
>>
>>30525905
>Still have Diamond, LeafGreen and X cartridge

>They still work

I'm not sure in which circumstances you'd have to fuck up a GBA/DS/3DS cartridge that bad (although I can understand battery issues in GB/GBC cartridges), but as long you keep them in a safe place and save appropriately, you're good.

also don't blow on them
>>
>>30524373
Im still enjoying the game, just reached aether paradise with gladion. But to be honest i didnt mash a through cutscenes and took my time exploring routes and making my team.

I guess pokemon just isnt for you anymore.
>>
>>30525844
>>30525886
>>30525905
JKSM master race
>>
>>30524373
I honestly agree OP. The worst part is I'm one of the autist who breed for 6ivs and batlltism. It's the only thing I have left to do in this. And honestly shiny hunting/ hidden ability hunting is more fun in ORAS. I'm an exploration fag and a gota catch em all fag mostly. Outside of graphic, music and pokemon design this game was absolute garbage.
>>
File: BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png
144KB, 1919x492px
>>30527428
>>30524373
>>30524450
>>30524466
>>30524590
>>30524601
>>30524819
So it seems the honeymoon phase is over.

Are we finally ready to admit that SuMo is one of the worst games of all time and is the Pokemon equivalent of Sonic 06? Because everyone on /v/ and /vp/ seems to agree with that sentiment.
>>
Bump because this is a huge victory for people who people who truly see how abominable SuMo is.
>>
File: 1478299035180.png (119KB, 350x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478299035180.png
119KB, 350x360px
Why do you even play these games if you get disappointed whenever you finish them? What's the point?
>>
>>30524373
Well, boys. We've finally outgrown it. Time to pack our stuff and leave this Vietnamese-funded board dedicated to the series and move on to do better things and probably play better games.

It's been fun.
>>
File: 1480681744230.png (130KB, 536x593px) Image search: [Google]
1480681744230.png
130KB, 536x593px
>>30524373
>>
>>30524373
Basically you've gotten old and the new world new game magic is gone. So the game is torn between its potentially unsuccessful attempts to innovate and your blind nostalgia for all of the best of the older games but little to none of the bad. It's just not for you anymore fampai. Congratulations on breaking free.
>>
>>30524503
I love how only 2 of those things are unique to SM. Great post game everyone. So much better than XY.
>>
>>30524819
>this is a much more complete game than X/Y or ORAS ever were.
Eh XY maybe ORAS no. While it wasn't the best of games it was certainly more complete than SM is given the large amount of content it has over it.
And that's saying something.
>>
>>30524373
>tfw got it release night and I STILL haven't beat the game

This shit is comfy but you gotta relax and wander
>>
>>30530361
Hope.
Hope for another Emerald or BW2.
>>
>>30524503
this is a good example of a full blown shill
>>
>>30530945
Yeah no. The game is legitimately barren of things to do.
It's basically XY Redux but worse because it's missing the QoL improvements

This coming from someone who still does monthly runs of emerald, platinum and White 2.
>>
>>30524373
>this is the quickest

stopped reading there. that's your problem. you've ruined the experience entirely for yourself. Instead of taking your time through the game, you rushed it and ran out of content for yourself.

I played the game for 30 or so hours till I beat it and another 20 doing wi-fi stuff and dicking around in the plaza. After all that, I still pick up the game to play it from time to time. I'm just waiting on a 800+ difficulty hack so I can start a new game.

You really shit the bed anon.
>>
>>30524506
>SM postgame gives a bunch of new areas to explore
>exploration in SM
anon, please stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>30524503
All of that I can do in other games. Hell I can even do makeshift royales in multi battles.
>>
>>30525031
Get a life, loser
>>
>>30531212
>implying everyone here has a life
>>
>>30531150
It took a big step back in gen VI. Dunno, maybe I'm just prejudiced from being around since the start.
>>
>>30531153
Not OP but I spent nearly 50 hours in the main game and only finished it today. I explored everything and you know what I found?

Literally nothing of worth.
Nothing memorable.
Nothing interesting.
Nothing that made me feel like I was discovering something.
>>
>no PSS
Fuck SM and fuck japanese people
>>
File: 1339135646557.jpg (108KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
1339135646557.jpg
108KB, 640x412px
>>30531212
>Try to get a life
>Society wont let me
A-At least I've learned to love subdance pass into adaptability crawdaunt in the rain.... ;_;

>>30531280
>DS doesn't work with my internet, no pokestops and I live in a hick town
At least you got to experience it.
>>
>>30531239
Both 6 and 7 took several steps backnow in some regard but 7 didn't add a single thing of worth beyond the iv checker in the pc.
>>
There are some who liked it, and this thread clearly has its share of people who don't

Let's not play mental gymnastics anymore trying to convince each other which is which.
There's a side that already outgrew it, and there are some who are still having a fun ride.

Get over yourselves.
>>
>>30529340
i agree with you.

just stop using SuMo and other people will agree with you too.
>>
>>30531364
You do realise that just because one can see the faults in the game it doesn't mean they've outgrown it, right?
>>
>>30531235
I have a life. It isn't that hard. I guess you guys really do suck at this life thing.
>>
>>30531364
So basically
>don't criticise muh game!
>>
File: 1479638968545.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
1479638968545.png
325KB, 480x716px
>>30531460
No retard, he's saying that there's no point in crying over spillt milk.
>>
I preordered fan editions of Sun and Moon and haven't touched the games for like 2 weeks and am only like 1/4 way through Moon. I've just become so disinterested it's disappointing
Do they get better?
>>
>>30531491
Can you seriously not see through his own mental gymnastics?
>>
>>30531301
Only losers make excuses for their shortcomings.

>society won't let me have a life!!

You only have yourself to blame. You don't have a life because you probably are absurdly lazy or have a toxic personality.
>>
>>30531521
>Too poor to go anywhere else
>No jobs
>As in actually no jobs not no cushy first world job
Rural sucks.
>>
SM had better story, but the plaza thing kills the online for me.
Ultra beast fucking suck
>>
>>30531821
>no dungeons
>just random encounters
Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to die
>>
>>30531355
>Old rod and fishing in general treated like dogshit. I dunno why they like wasted opportunities so much
>Headbutts/honey trees/swarm events gone
>Pokegear radio in general gone
>tfw no dexnax and super training.
>tfw can't even have the decency of having another move relearner, deleter, nicknamer, and iv checker all by a daycare and hatching route
>Not being able to just name them when the fuck ever
>Twenty fucking sixteen and still no type slot in the hidden power description so you know what's what without having to name or notepad it.
>HM moves still couldn't be replaced by a levelup move so you had to read spoilers to know your movepool and delete ahead of time
>No gym leader rematches
>Only good use of the "rematch" system being the scaling as you get badges and the resort trainers having a pool of mons and medium AI
>Still no setup option so gamefreak can have trainers with decent full/mostly full teams instead of stuff a kid can 6 everstone caterpie /unown through.
>20 years to lob shit together to make a postgame
>Still only 1 save slot, no chart of randomizer toggles and other challenge modes so at least you can have you and your rival have something that's not the same boring old trio without having to fricken hack
>Routes and the game in general are extremely hand-holdy and linerar cause of kids so what could be a pokemon adventure with plenty of discovery, lore, risk, puzzles, etc is more of a pokemon hallway
>Tons of terrible movepool decisions
>A lot of clunky version difference stuff that just shits things up
>tfw 2016 and gamefreak still fucks up route composition with a bajillion routes of the same trash when we're at like 840 mons now
>Enemy trainers using the same 7 pokemon. Especially the villains
Gen I had an excuse. But this, this is some shit man.

>>30531364
There's objectively a consistency issue that became very apparent after HGSS. It's not even a communication between the A team and B team anymore. They
>>
>>30531435
A lot of the faults are nostalgia plus inability to have fun though.
>>
>>30531855
The necrozma encounter has pretty anticlimactic too.
>>
>>30531497
>>30524373
Seriously? I'm the exact opposite.
>>
Opposite for me. Took me 30 hours to beat, still working on post game.
>>
ITT: people finally realize how god awful SuMo is and unanimously recognize it as the worst in the series, even worse than XY.

>>30531364
>There are some who liked it
Yes and they're the people who will eat any shit coming out of GF's e.coli infested anus. /vp/ universally agrees that SuMo is an abomination.

>>30531367
Damn straight you do.

Feels good to be recognized as the hero in this situation.

>>30531491
>this transparent shilling

>>30531988
Then you don't belong on 4chan.
>>
>>30524373
I'm playing 40 minutes a day and having a blast. I think your problem is that you rushed through the main game, and explored after. This way a lot of the areas are much lower than yourself so are pretty pointless.
>>
>>30531926
>nostalgia
Yeah no. Nearly all faults with SM are to do with unnecessary changes and removals from online capabilities being restricted to a specific area to the removal of triples, rotations and hordes.
>>
>>30532050
Why do you spend time on /vp/, pokebarneyfag?
>>
>>30532061
You do realise that you're essentially just tricking yourself, right?
>>
Why do people that don't like the game make shitty blog threads about it? I loved it and I don't blog post.
>>
>>30532079
Because everyone finally realizes what I had already figured out after a month of painting me as a boogeyman.

Prepare to see this shit in bargain bins next year. Hopefully Stars gets the same treatment from fans too.

>>30532113
Exactly. People who actually thought SuMo was good are fucking delusional.
>>
>>30532113
You're tricking yourself by playing a series you clearly don't like anymore. Move on with your life.
>>
>>30532124
>I tricked myself into loving it and I don't post about it because /vp/ will rightfully shitposter me to death
FTFY
>>
>>30532184
I don't post about it because this isn't blog spot. My opinions are irrelevant and so are yours.
>>
>>30532079
stop feeding it
>>
>>30532199
Still heavily outnumbered, shill.
>>
300 guaranteed replies
>>
>>30532252
You mad, NOA employee?
>>
>>30532289
>tracking to best selling Pokemon since gen 4
>mad
>>
>>30529340
Dumb SuMoposter
>>
>>30531988
Sell me on it.
>>
File: 4b0.png (136KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
4b0.png
136KB, 622x626px
It has been unleashed
>>
Thanks for the blog update, OP. I was wondering how you felt about the game.
>>
>>30532149
>Nintendon't is relying on stars to sell the switch
It wont even get a fraction. After the poor showing on the 3ds overall I can't see people moving on.
>>
>>30532384
Nintendo doesn't have to rely on it. They know they can make Gen 8 Switch exclusive and it'll sell. Just like how retards said they won't buy the 3DS, then XY came out.
>>
>>30532384
Exactly what I'm saying. SuMo is such a blatant flop it's not even funny, and Stars will inevitably be the same because there is no way the series can recover from such a blunder.
>>
>>30532050
Jesus that's pathetic.
>I'm a hero for my opinion
If you don't like Pokemon then get off my damn board.
Sun and Moon were objectively the best debut to a gen thus far. Just because you don't like fun and have self esteem issues doesn't me you should come and shit up /vp/. Go back to /v/ or leddit. Whichever trash heap you prefer.
>>
>>30532440
Don't reply to him. That's pokebarneyfag. He literally feeds off the (You)s.
>>
>>30532463
Shit, good looking out senpai
>>
>>30532165
The problem with that is that I still like pokemon. I'm just disappointed that people like you have no sense of quality when you're accepting of a game that's doing to mechanics what gen 2 did to Kanto.
>>
>>30532533
>literally can't understand why people have different opinions than you

wew lad, you have a hard life ahead of you
>>
>>30532050
There are people who genuinely like it, anon. Not like the delusional belief you have that people will just eat anything shit from any game developer will throw at them. Granted, people like those exist.

Yes, I enjoyed the games

No, Im not thinking it's the best thing ever since cavemen discovered fire

Yes, you have your opinion that it's the most glorious piece of shit ever conceived.

No, im not gonna change your mind.
>>
>>30532577
You do realise that 1-1 can never be 2 right?
You're basically saying that a game can be downgraded because opinions.
>>
>>30532642
>now he's regarding his opinion as literal fact

this is why everyone hates you IRL
>>
why do some people think they are funny when they """pretend""" to be retarded?
>>
File: 1478901173254.png (3KB, 597x493px) Image search: [Google]
1478901173254.png
3KB, 597x493px
>>30524373
sUmO was a good game imo
Op you have a different opinion, so you declare it as fact and claim anyone who disagrees with you a liar, retard, or a shill. You remind me of autistic college liberals, some of the worst kind of people, hellbent on shutting out any form of differing view through ignorance and labeling/insulting others. I love M&S but I will admit that it isn't perfect and had its own problems.

Here's your (you)
>>
>>30529340
>using /v/-posts unironically
then again, you're samefagging this thread up pretty hard
>>
>>30532664
Tell me how say, the plaza can be considered an upgrade.
Or how about refresh that removed the bulk amie.
Then there's legitimate battle modes being removed.
Hordes which have been the fastest method of ev training yet being replaced for a luck based method.

Well?
>>
>>30532673
Because their parents probably didn't have it in them to tell them that they're not funny when they act retarded. They just gave them "tendies" and played along with it because they didn't want to fight with their "precious baby".
>>
>>30532861
EV training in SM is a whole lot better though.
>Ally chaining to EV train fast
>Pelago to EV train passively
>Plaza drinks to max out stats immediately
the only way to make it better is by making the drinks cost pokebucks and have online minigames to get the power items.
>>
>>30532861
not him, but I'll give you the plaza, it's shit.
Refresh is better than Amie, for QoL, people don't have to play those mini games to get better pokebeans, and there are faster options of maxing a mons happiness

triples and rotations, I have no idea what GameFreak was thinking for removing them, not a lot of people were playing them, but there are those who do to be sure. So fuck GF.

Given that you're chaining the right mons that give you the right EVs on SOS battles, it is guaranteed to give you the EVs you need. coupled with the power items + pokerus
you can get 36 EVs from one pokemon being defeated and max a stat out in 7 KOs in a single chain.

there's nothing luck-based or anything that relies on luck on ev training this Gen.
>>
>>30532978
You do realise those methods require long and tedious grinding in comparison right?
Especially the plaza that requireshe FC and only works on one mon.
And in the time I could use the pelago to do it I could have trained several teams, gone online with them and stopped playing.
I also wouldn't have to turn on the 3DS just to change courses. I could just play at my own leisure.
>>
>>30533178
>implying it wasn't a grind on X/Y and ORAS either.

wot
>>
The PSS was fucking amazing and we now have some gay castle that fucking shit. Fuck gamefreak for being lazy shits.
>>
>>30533178
>And in the time I could use the pelago to do it I could have trained several teams, gone online with them and stopped playing
i dont care, it's literally better because it does the thing for you.
>I also wouldn't have to turn on the 3DS just to change courses.
if you want to EV train the quickest way possible you have to, but why would you use Pelago to train quickly?

>put mons in pelago
>watch a movie before going to sleep
>get up, eat breakfast, do other shit you have to do.
>check pelago to get your trained mons
>take out, change drink, repeat.
You cant get better than that.
>but it isnt faster!
Who cares? A microwaved dinner is faster to prepare, but eating some slow cooked beef is still better imo
>>
File: filthy ningen.gif (1MB, 415x220px) Image search: [Google]
filthy ningen.gif
1MB, 415x220px
this is a nice bait thread
>>
>>30533178
Ohohoho, anon. I'm sure you know the pain it is to EV grind in Gen VI, granted that *surely* you're not an inject-kiddie, right?
>>
>>30524373
>friend safari
You can catch Pokemon in SM, too. Yay.
>bigger region
Not even close.

How's your custom dyed clothing coming along, OP? What about your Battle Tree rank? Have you bested all the E4 challengers? Are you helping with global mission right now? What's shiny you've gotten so far? How about which of your six registered teams is your favorite to use on Battle Spot?
>>
>>30533079
>Refresh is better than Amie, for QoL, people don't have to play those mini games to get better pokebeans, and there are faster options of maxing a mons happiness
While you're correct about the QoL in that you don't have to play the mini games to get the food this time round there's no reason as to why the minigames themselves had to be removed. As basic as they were they were in fact content and something for the player to do.
They could have kept the games and had them work just for the enjoyment stat or whatever the musical note is called.

>Given that you're chaining the right mons that give you the right EVs on SOS battles, it is guaranteed to give you the EVs you need. coupled with the power items + pokerus
>you can get 36 EVs from one pokemon being defeated and max a stat out in 7 KOs in a single chain.
The problem being that even with the adrenaline orb chains are never guaranteed to happen and it's entirely possible for the mon to struggle itself to death before another appears.
Hordes in XY were far more consistent. In ORAS however there were multiple routes that gave you a 100% chance for a horde of a specific stat. That means the time spent is always around 5 minutes or so.
>>
>>30533411
>mfw we can have meme tourneys when QR teams are available
this is going to be the dankest gen ever.
>>
>>30533234
>>30533410
I hope you two didn't just wander around for hordes.
You do realise honey and sweet scent automatically started a horde battle right?
>>
File: 1477855114988.jpg (584KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1477855114988.jpg
584KB, 3840x2160px
>>30524373
>Even X/Y had more to do after you beat the game
>>
>>30533517
All it had really was the PSS. That alone got me another 300 hours.
>>
>>30533494
yes i know of that, but that's just the tip of the iceberg of breeding and EV grinding in Gen VI.
>>
>>30533411
>How's your custom dyed clothing coming along, OP? What about your Battle Tree rank? Have you bested all the E4 challengers? Are you helping with global mission right now? What's shiny you've gotten so far? How about which of your six registered teams is your favorite to use on Battle Spot?

Not OP but I would bother with dyes if there were some decent clothing variety.
Battle Tree is just a tower by any other name with legacy trainers for eye candy.
Champ matches are too easy.
The Global mission is just playing the game regularly and even then at this rate it won't be finished.
And that's just the battle box multiplied by six.
>>
>>30533590
What exactly did you do?
Even for precision super training allowed for something quicker than gen 7.
>>
>>30524373
Heres what you do, and i can vouch for this.
You get your copy of emerald, and you beat the dyke queen.
>>
>>30533758
>not already beating the BF
>>
>>30533800
>not restarting the game after transferring your mons
>>
>>30533823
But the only one that would be fun is Nolan.
>>
>>30533682
battling for an hour or 2 on battle maison to get the power items, the same scenario in Sun/Moon at the battle tree or battle royale

another hour or two finding for IV dittos, in ORAS even though you have a high search level for a specific mon, it's still random and not guaranteed to have 3 star potential, if you find one, that does not cover all the IV stats that you need to pass/breed for, also that doesn't count nature breeding.

In Sun and Moon, after 30 KOs in a single chain, you are always *ALWAYS* guaranteed to have 4 IV dittos, do it again, and you can have 2 4 IV dittos that can cover the stats you need in just before an hour and then you can start breeding.
>>
Oh look it's this thread that happens every time a new game comes out.

God I've seen this argument over in MH threads where people complain there's nothing to do after 200 hours and I'm like "nigga are you serious." If you're bored play another game and move on, goddamn.
>>
>>30533682
second part:

my EV training was the usual slap a power item, spread pokerus and then proceed to wipe hordes in Gen VI. That doesn't compromise the time spent on grinding for the power items. the IV dittos and actually asking one of my friends to give me a spare mon with pokerus.

Now, IV dittos grinding problem is gone, now for the SOS battle chaining, I just find a mon with this EV stat, and chain it in a single encounter. It's faster, than having to: go to menu > sweet scent > horde appears > kill horde > go to menu > sweet scent > horde appears > kill horde and the cycle continues
>>
>>30533883
Okay, point one is the same for every game with power items. That said it's faster to do with any game with a battle test plus there was also Bank that gave you BP. So earning it was never a hassle or particularly tedious.

Your next point isn't even about EVs but rather IVs. And with the dex nav the process is sped up considerably. Bonus points if you're doing it on a mirage island with ditto.
It's also worth noting that it's possible to obtain 3 star mon early on and you can see if the money has a hidden ability before you encounter it.

And lastly you don't seem to understand that a chain of 30 is a extremely long and tedious task as SOS chains are ALWAYS random.
Not to mention your own point about the dex nav can be used here as despite having 4 IVs it won't cover the IVs you want and doesn't account for nature.
That one stat doesn't make as much of a difference as you think it does.
>>
>>30529340
You've been doing this for several days now. Doesn't it bother you that nobody cares?
>>
>>30534146
I don't think you understand what makes SOS battles worse than hordes.

Basically
Encounter > orb > call for help (nothing) > no call > call for help (success) > kill and second successful call > kill and nothing > nothing
And so on, accruing a chain of 3 is a long process on its own let alone the necessary 7 with the items and pokerus.

You should understand that certainty will always be optimal over anything with rng involved.
>>
Why do people that dislike Pokemon games get so preachy about it?

This is the only video game series where people write entire blog posts about how they didn't like the game.
>>
>>30534146
>go to menu > sweet scent > horde appears > kill horde > go to menu > sweet scent > horde appears > kill horde and the cycle continues
You only need to do it like five times dude. That's nowhere near as long as a regular SOS battle.
>>
>>30534904
Maybe because this is the only series where it's fans defend the game getting progressively worse with reams and reams jargon.
>>
>>30534868
Fucking this, holy shit. Sometimes it felt like SOS was their shitty attempt at replacing DexNav and Horde Battles in a single feature, but failing spectacularly at both.
>>
>>30534996
But why preach about it like a faggot? You're not changing anyone's minds. Just move on.
>>
File: Pepe Thumbs Up.png (56KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Thumbs Up.png
56KB, 225x225px
>>30531821
>Ultra beast fucking suck
>>
>>30535074
That's a good question. Why don't you move on?
You clearly don't care enough about the series to be concerned about the direction it's going.

Also this isn't a circlejerk for the hot new shit anon. This is an image board filled with no lifers and neckbeards who analyse every inch of the game. If you can't handle people that can say when something is better and when something is worse then you don't belong here.
>>
>>30532124
Because contrary to belief, this board is for more than just positive shit that only faggots like you want/like to hear.
>>
>>30532199
>My opinions are irrelevant and so are yours.

What type of retarded shit is this? With this logic this board might as well be destroyed right fucking now.
>>
>>30535074
How thin skinned are you that you can't take some people tearing apart your favourite games?
It doesn't help that faggots like you literally lie and convince yourselves that it's true and expect everyone to believe it.

It's a borderline mental disorder.

Anyway belive it or nor even with gen 6 the series has been progressing. Slowly but surely.
Gen 7 took a huge dump on all of that by either removing what didn't work with the shit gimmicks or just removing things for no reason.
>>
>>30535373
>implying it isn't destroyed already
>>
How long until we leave this unconditional praise period?
>>
File: 1472066799363.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1472066799363.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
This tread
>>
Like clockwork whenever a new game comes out
>>
>>30529340
le dank maymay.png
>>
>>30535853
Yeah, I can't wait until we can have a decent discussion about the game without people defending everything with their life
>>
File: pizza.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.gif
1MB, 392x400px
ITT: People refusing to accept that they've grown out of Pokemon or people posting bait
>>
>>30535952

>Game Freak can do no wrong, you're all crazy, and you should continue sucking Game Freak's penises like I have for the last 20 or so years
>>
>>30536072
>>
>>30535952
Who?
The people defending it because there's a slight resurgence in the fad?
>>
>My opinion is better than yours: The Thread
>>
>>30536237
What opinions?
>>
>>30524373
Black and white 2.
Didn't even bother buying buying x and y until three months prior to oras release.
>>
>>30536287
>dropping bw2
Hoo boy you missed out on one of the best games.
>>
>>30536320
I beat the game and just didn't enjoy anything about it.
Even online or with friends the game just wasnt something i liked. I wasnt a fan of gen 5 in general.
Best is both subjective and an opinion
>>
>>30529340

Nothing will ever be Sonic 06, that game was the right storm of hilarity and glitches

The worst Pokemon games can't even muster hilarity.
>>
>>30536383
>Best is both subjective and an opinion
Nah when it comes to video games there's certainly a degree of objectivity. Content being one of them.
>>
>>30531271
In what pokemon game you played as an adult have you ever had that sensation
>>
>Post game is the only thing that matters
>I want quantity over quality.
Shit thread filled with shit opinions.
>>
>>30536493
BW2
Plat
Emerald
Hell, even ORAS to an extent because they had changed so much.
>>
>>30536524
>>I want quantity over quality.
What does this even mean in the context of your argument? People wanted quality in their postgame and they didn't get it.
They didn't even get quantity.

I mean fuck, it didn't even have any variety. It was just another tower.
>>
You know it's ok to be finished with a game, right? Like, if you're not interested in online play, it's perfectly fine to be done. Play other games.

The concept of "post-game content" is strange to me. If you're not interested in Multiplayer or constant AI battles (very Pokemon post-game ever), then what do you want? The games aren't made to give you endless new story content, no Pokemon game has been.

What's the difference between:
>30 hours story and 5 hour story after the credits
>34 hour story and 1 hour story after the credits
Saying "game x has y post-game" is meaningless. It's all just a little more story, constant AI battles, or online play.

You're finished, just move on.
>>
Sorry you didn't like the game OP

I thought it was a ton of fun but it's not perfect, it has its flaws, my friends all loved it too

It's also selling really quickly, who knows what they plan to do for Gen 8
>>
>>30536743
So what you're saying is that it's okay for video games to be mediocre compared to the previous versions.

You do realise there's this little thing that applies even outside of video games called improvement and expectation.

In other words, people expected them to improve upon the last game even slightly either to add more content or more QoL features.
Contrary to your personal beliefs many people aren't very accepting of regression.

Also why are you even talking about post game when the issues lie beyond having a lack of content?
>>
>>30536743
You don't honestly think that post game is JUST story do you?

To put it in a way you may understand.
What's the difference between:
>34 hour story with next to no freedom and barely anything new and 1 hour story after the credits
>34 hour story and 1 hour story after the credits with several new areas to explore with various secrets, new challenges that test the player and new items to collect
It's not rocket science anon. One game has heart the other is the result of a lack of ambition
>>
>>30536626
I mean in the game in general, not the post game, people here are talking like the longer you take to finish a game the better instead of how much you enjoy it.
>>
>>30524373
it's you

you're getting bored of the games in general.
>>
>>30537267
Ah.
Agreed, a good game should be satisfying to the player regardless of the length or postgame.

That's why musou can be fun despite being so repetitive. It's just great when you smash hordes of enemies at once.
>>
>>30537354
That doesn't even make sense. How can someone be bored of the games when it's only the recent game that bores them?

Does the new game just poison the old ones or something?
>>
>>30530361
>Image isn't titled "Fugtrio"
I'm more disappointed in you than in SM.
>>
>>30524466
why are you counting an entire new town as something separate to battle maison and friend safari? those ARE the town.
>>
I'm just disappointed that there weren't many memorable places in Alola. Also, blocking off the area (and most of that island) with Sensu Oricorio until postgame really hurt.
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.