[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would Stars need to have beyond "SM in HD" to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

File: 1480784243166.png (122KB, 388x330px) Image search: [Google]
1480784243166.png
122KB, 388x330px
What would Stars need to have beyond "SM in HD" to actually make you buy the Switch?
>>
>>30516623
Nothing, I'm already buying it for Beyond Good and Evil 2.
>>
>>30516623
being a launch title.
if not that, the switch having smash bros.
>>
I'm already buying one for Zelda, Mario, and the eventual Smash
>>
>>30516623
Actual content besides the obligatory battle tower clone and looker quests
Also bring Dexnav back
>>
More expansive postgame and making Alolan mons less fucking garbage would be nice
>>
>>30516623
Monster Hunter
>>
>>30516623
It needs to be a sequel in the vein of B2W2.
>>
>>30516623
First, there would have to be three other ORIGINAL games with replay value.After the Wii U, I'm not trusting Nintendo unless I see some REAL good shit I know I'd wanna play for more than a week or two.

First of all, it'd have to double the content at LEAST, one way or another. It's bad enough that I payed for this shitty little game once, I'm not gonna buy a more expensive version unless they actually come close to what you should expect from any other AAA developer.

Also, for fuck's sake, make pokemon more diverse in Alola. As it is, the game is a fucking drag with how much of the same shit you fight over and over.
>>
>>30516830
But the Wii U had stellar exclusives, anon. Pun not intended.
>>
Buying it anyways so
>>
File: yes.png (89KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
89KB, 259x335px
>>30516623
this>>30516868
If it got Pokemon in the title and Game Freak as developer im buying it
>>
>>30516623
>every area in the game is expanded with hidden things and additional areas to explore
>no frame-rate drop
>expansive post-game
>making the Lillie wank not as overbearing or making her a better character in general
>making the fucking MC change their expression at pivotal story moments
>"romance" sidequest similar to Yancy/Curtis
And then Breath of the Wild would need to be amazing and Smash ported over for me to actually buy it.
>>
if lillie returns, they add more story, and zygarde getting a purpose.
>>
>>30516623
>to make you buy the Switch
>Skyrim
>KH3
>New Mario game
>buying for Pokemon in general
Why would I buy it for That? I'd rather but it for the only 2 good games it's likely to have.
>>
>>30517047
>romance sidequests
But that's Lillie, bro.
>>
I'm only buying the Switch so I can play Zelda at a not-shit framerate.

Everything else that comes out for it is just icing.
>>
>>30516623
i hope no one actually buys the switch just for the third version of sun and moon and no other reason
>>
>>30516866
No, U sucked.
>>30516934
Fail.
>>30517047
Eh
>>30517079
This. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Skyrim are the only hood things likely to be there, and you can play them on a ps4 much better, considering.
>>
>>30516623
>"Buy the switch"

I'm pirating it.
>>
>>30517182
I'm buying it for Smash and Mario Kart.
>>
>>30517137
It better have an UE4 rehash of OoT. I need my Zelda to be this epic!
>>
>>30516623
Kanto post game.

I'm buying Switch for new Mario games though. Praying for a Sunshine successor, or at the very least, a non-shitty Paper Mario.
>>
>>30517367
>non-shitty Paper Mario
keep dreaming, anon
>>
>>30516722
>>30516739
>>30516828
These.
>>
>>30516623
Mega Lopunny
>>
File: 1467141961274.png (310KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467141961274.png
310KB, 500x1000px
>>30516739
>I bought a Wii U for Monster Hunter
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>30516623

>stars
>not eclipse

What the fuck, gamefreak?
>>
>>30517119
I said sidequest, not main game.

Also differentiate the dialogue between the genders, why the fuck is there no changes to begin with? That's lazy as hell.
>>
>>30517634
It's a codename.
>>
>>30516623
>go to kanto
>everything is now double battles with a team of 3 of your team of your choosing and 3 of gamefreaks choosing based on your team with an ai partner. It's XD 2.0
>>
I'm probably gonna buy the Swith at some point, but I might not buy Stars, and just wait for Gen 8 to play pokemon on the Switch. I'll buy Stars if it has all of the following.
- Additional Megas
- Maybe additional Alolan Forms, but I won't really be interested if they're still only for Gen 1
- Graphics have to be upscaled to 720/1080p, and the textures are redone to fit the higher resolutions (It looks really jarring in the Citra videos when a model looks better but the surroundings are the same as in the 3ds)
- A few new areas + some more postgame content
- Be a Sequel to Sun & Moon (New story, Gyms in addition to the Totem Pokemon battles, updates to the region itself
- If not a sequel, then it has to diverge from the base game more than a typical third version does
- Necrozma's new form needs to look cool to me
- Maybe integrate Zygarde and the Ultra Beasts more into the story
- make progression less hand-holdy, try to put some more emphasis onto exploration
- Make the player character react to events instead of constantly smiling
>>
File: Nintendo-Switch-Shot-02.jpg (50KB, 761x520px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Switch-Shot-02.jpg
50KB, 761x520px
>>30516623
Nothing. I'm glad I didn't fall for the day 1 purchase of Sun/Moon meme. I'll be picking one up to play Breath of the Wild before Pokemon anyways. Stars is a bonus.
>>
>>30516623
Fucking super training holy shit what were theh thinking
>>
if it lets me use mega mawile
>>
>>30516623
monhun, not buying it till one gets anounced AND released
>>
>>30517079
>unironically wanting to play unmodded skyrim on a console
>>
>>30517634
Codename, I would preffer stars anyways, or even prism, eclipse is just plain edgy
>>
File: 1434565878172.png (5KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1434565878172.png
5KB, 274x242px
>>30516623
Not pokemon related

monster hunter
animal crossing
rune factory
harvest moon
new mario kart
mario and luigi rpg saga
new rpg made by Monolith
>>
Make the pokemon proper-sized during battles. No fucking 4 foot tall wailord BS
>>
File: 1465611115482.png (3KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465611115482.png
3KB, 300x300px
>>30520504
>rune factory
I want to believe
>>
>>30516623
it would have to exist
>>
>>30516623

Make it a sequel in the same setting.
Fewer cut scenes.
95% less Lillie.
Ditch Rotom-dex and bring back the Dex-Nav, which was far superior in every way.
Triple/Rotation/Inverse battles
A way to upgrade existing facilities in Festival Plaza rather than having to turn down 50 1-star rare kitchens and haunted houses.
>>
A digimon crossover event
>>
>>30516623
Post game and Mario kart
>>
>>30516623
A Colosseum side mode with a commentator.
>>
>>30521001
you just want ORAS set in Alola
>>
>>30516623
>not buying every nintendo console
there are pokemon fans who aren't nintendo fans?
>>
commentator
>>
>>30516623
New Alola forms
New Megas
More post game content
More story stuff
More new Pokemon
>>
>>30521277

There were features I liked from Gen VII, I won't lie. But I found the trials more entertaining than just grinding gym leaders. I like not having to rely on HMs for everything.

What I didn't like was being railroaded by cut scenes to the point where I just stopped even trying to explore and missed a few side avenues that I didn't find until post E4. I just wanted to rush through all the story BS so I could get let off the leash.
>>
>>30521394
Also, bring back various older features, like DexNav, Friend Safari, Super Training, and everything good that GF seems to cut between generations.
>>
>>30521310
>there are pokemon fans who aren't nintendo fans?

The wii and wii u salted a lot of veteran players with shallow over priced exclusives as well as a a pitiful library of games.

Can't believe some people who bought the wii u would think nintendo know what they're doing with a console. They're so adamant about recycling stale as fuck content.
>>
>>30516623
Actually existing in the first place.

The Stars rumor has about as much credence as me posting this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQfaG6lo8) on twitter and claiming it was going to be a switch remaster of Majora's Mask. The screenshot of the "Switch" model for the bird pokemon from Sun and Moon in dev tools is from the fucking Sun and Moon announcement trailer. Gen7 will not be on the switch, Gen 8 probably will.
>>
>>30522993
that pikipek pic wasnt way they said stars is coming. eurogamers has legit sources. stars or whatever its called will be switch only
>>
>>30522993
The only reason people give the rumor any credence is because the people who put their weight behind it ended up getting a lot of the Switch rumors right too. Personally, anyone who's been on /vp/ awhile should be aware of the fact that just because they've had inside information in the past doesn't mean the people who got it right previously are going to be right again.

See: serebii getting BTFO with the SM leaks despite how things have worked out before with the Gen V starters and the XY event legends.

There's no real reason to get all hyped up or denying right now anyway. I'll admit, I think I'm leaning slightly more towards giving the rumors some belief because of who's supporting it, but it's not like I'm staking my life on it. It'd make some sense if Nintendo is going to try and pull out all the stops for the Switches success, but betting on Nintendo and Gamefreak doing stuff for their own good is also kind of sucker's bet too.
>>
Go to kanto after with Lillie. It's just a few but maybe one day.
>>
The only reason I've bought Nintendo hardware since the N64 has been for pokemon. If the switch ends up being the successor to the 3DS then I have reason enough .
>>
>>30516623
>several more alola forms
>higher encounter rate for alola mons
>Dex Nav inside rotom dex
>more about ultra beasts in the story
>because of the dimensional portal there's an NPC you can do trade evos with
>battle styles work in game
>apricon balls
>late game evos removed (wanting to use vikavolt in the story XD LEL)
>>
>>30517191
You consider garbage like skyrim good? Jesus christ your taste can truly just be disregarded.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-05+at+12.12.16).png (231KB, 632x518px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-05+at+12.12.16).png
231KB, 632x518px
>>30523082
Pic related from the Eurogamer article, this is from the announcement, and with the way the game runs, I don't think they did any form of optimization for poly/tri count. So this part is bullshit. Also, why would they launch a new version of the game on the switch a year later, when they haven't done a 3rd version since Platinum.

This entire article is speculation, with such a high profile game like this, leaks would be very sparse of large details like "Pokemon Bank will totally work with this guys!" Maybe their source says "Yeah, there's a mainline Pokemon game in development for the Switch/NX." but I VERY much doubt that they spilled the beans about the whole project. Of course, we'll never know the actual "sources" so until Nintendo actually confirms anything for this I'm not buying the rumors, especially when a good amount of them are so easily debunked.

>>30523166
Someone is losing their job over those leaks I'd imagine.
>>
I'm getting a switch regardless, and I'll get SM for the Switch even if it's just a direct HD port.

However I do hope it's a sequel or at least a 3rd version.
>>
>>30516623
Skipple cutscenes, I'm not playing through Alola anytime soon with that shit taking up half the playtime
>>
>>30523452
>hmm I have about 35 mins
>walked into elite 4
>credits ended 1.5 hours later
>whatinthefuck.jpg
>>
Stars not being a thing and instead we get a neat looking spin-off

I'm not going to replay probably my least favorite region only a year after
>>
>>30523509
yes you are
>>
File: 1480337673161.png (308KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1480337673161.png
308KB, 620x620px
To be based on a region in the ultra beast dimension.
>>
Kanto

Because, holy shit i just wanted to finish the main story and have fun in alola while i wait a few years to return to sinnoh in a gen 4 remake, but then they had to send Lillie to kanto, and then tell me that my rival has a father in kanto

Fuck i can't go back to sinnoh like this, i have to know if Lillie is doing ok in kanto

I would really apreciate it if stars just gets a kanto post game to answer everything,

If it doesn't have it then im ready to buy pokemon fire red 2
>>
>>30516830
You'll buy the Switch if it has 3 original games with replay value?
>The Wii U didn't have 3 original games with replay value

It did. It's ok if you don't like the Wii U because you happened to not like any of the games, but don't say it didn't even have 3.
>>
>>30523564
Considering I've skipped over entries I didn't even have to buy another console for, let alone one that looks like trash to me as hardware, I'm pretty sure I could skip "Stars" easily
>>
>>30523628
you won't though
>>
>>30520241
>unironically thinking that Skyrim is good only because of mods
Plus console versions now have a mod system, despite not as complete as the pc one.
>>
>>30523708
>despite not as complete as the pc one
That's being laughably generous. Whether you believe mods made Skyrim good or not, the "modding" available on the consoles is completely worthless.
>>
>>30516623
It needs to be open world where you can fight gyms in any order and have all previous regions, where you can choose your region to start in.

If any of you thought this is a good idea you need to off yourself.
>>
>>30517367
Rumor says Mario Galaxy.
>>
>>30517858
>>30520294
There's no indication that it's a codename. Also Eclipse implies a showdown or at least a meeting of the sun and the moon, whereas Stars implies something beyond the sun and the moon, which makes more sense for a game on a different console.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_evqEO5m-o
>>
>>30524131
But the Sun is already a star it would be stupid.
>>
>>30523395
That's a retarded clue, the model isn't HD, it's just smooth, exactly like the one in sun and moon.
>>
>>30517079
>KH3 is on Switch
>whole reason I bought a PS4 and didn't just stay in the last gen for Sony consoles is going to be on a Nintendo console
Why do I even bother.
>>
An M evolution of Steenee.
More closeups of Lusamine's shoes.
>>
>>30516623
remove lillie and it will be good
>>
>>30524212
>buying a PS before the actually KH game is out
>again
You'd have thought people would've learned after the PS3, though I guess it eventually got the compilation versions with the Final Mixes we didn't get the first time.
>>
>>30523577
You mean a Wii U SMT?
I'd buy that
>>
>>30523708
>>unironically thinking that Skyrim is good only because of mods

But this is true you dumb shit.
Bethesda has proven multiple times over the last decade that they need to community to fix their bullshit for them.
>>
The ability to go to Kanto and get some gym badges.
>>
Complete removal of characters like Lillie.
The only reason Lusamine could do anything at all was because she couldn't just lock Nebby in a fucking pokeball and let Kukui stamp out anyone approaching.
But noooooo we need some generic anime girl bullshit to appease all the lonely kids

I don't play pokemon for plot, they're not even good at it
>>
>>30524323
Gyms are a literally shoe-in as far as Alola is confirmed
They purposefully left those plots of in-progress land in each city for them, which hopefully means we get Gyms, Kahunas and trials
All-together, it sounds fucking fantastic
>>
>>30516623
I would buy it regardless along with ps4 pro and upgrading my PC for RE7
>>
>>30524360
>gyms kahunas and trials
wait until people complain about that and say too many things to do!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30524165
It's also completely unrelated to the moon if you're going that route. We're not talking actual astronomy here, but old timey representation. You hear "the sun, the moon and the stars" pretty often.
>>
>>30524131
>There's no indication that it's a codename
the leak literally said it was a codename?
>>
I would buy it because it had "Pokemon" and "Gamefreak" on the front desu
>>
>expanded post game
>new mons
>more clothes
>improve the ability to interact w/ the overworld items/furniture

alternatively (or maybe in addition) having the third game be a sequel plot wise would be nice
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.