[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will Eshop versions of r/b/y work with Sun/Moon. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (200KB, 898x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 898x890px
How will Eshop versions of r/b/y work with Sun/Moon.
Is it worth replaying them?
>>
>>30513060
Ash-Pikachu is exclusive to Yellow
>>
>>30513060
I've been tempted to buy one of these. Do they play well on the DS, have they actually remastered them at all? Or should I just play them on my old GBA?
>>
>>30513060
I'm not sure we know exactly how it will work, yet. The translation process from gen 1 to gen 7, I mean. There are a lot of blanks that need filled in, as it were.
>>
>>30515385
Just emulate them, they're incredibly easy to find.
>>30513060
They haven't really aged well but it's funny to see how broken they were without your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>30515419
First gym on Yellow is such a cunt, remember as a little kid spending so long grinding before it. Wonder how many kids that put off the series.

Snorlax with Amnesia OP as fuck too, and any binds
>>
>>30515385
I bought Yellow a while back. Had a blast with it once I caught Articuno and did the Ditto trick to get infinite items. Having infinite TMs, vitamins, Master Balls, and rare candies in gen 1 makes raising a shit ton of Pokemon a lot of fun.
>>
File: IMG_3460.png (330KB, 382x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3460.png
330KB, 382x798px
>>30515385
I played through yellow entirely and had a great time. Even accomplished the mew glitch after nugget bridge. If you want the nostalgia then the game is a lot shorter than I remember so it's def worth the cheap investment

Sorta related, I'm excited to transfer the mons to sun moon and see wtf happens to their natures abilities and stats.
>>
>>30515461
You could catch a Nidoran and shit on Brock's gym on Yellow. Then you could consequently wreck the rest of the game with a broken as fuck Nidoking.
>>
>>30513060
Yes, to transfer them to Bank, you need to get the Poketransporter App
>>
>>30515491
Once you get good at the Ditto trick, you can even do stuff like catch level 7 Alakazam/Gengar/etc. and use it on your team. It's nice, since there's no wifi trading on the VC games.
>>
>>30513060
>playing any of the games before DPPt
They suck.
>>
>>30515582
They do suck, but gen 1 and 2 are so simplistic that it's a different kind of fun, in my book. I actually think the series was better without Natures. All they seemed to have done is make good Pokemon better. The bad ones are still bad.
>>
>>30515751
You're actually right when I think about it. I do like having abilities though, but Natures are just added numbers. Though at least they do a good job adding variety to which numbers are good to run since you can't have a perfect Pokemon with perfect EVs in every stat anymore

Gen III though is a monotonous slog compared to Gen I/II's simplicity and Gen IV's Physical/Special split benefits. Why do people have nostalgia for Hoenn again?
>>
>>30515751
Masuda said that natures, evs, and ivs were added to make Pokemon seem more "alive" and different. Like how two dogs of the same breed are still different.
>>30515582
RSE were great, it's DPPt themselves that suck.
>>
>>30515751
>gen 1 and 2 are so simplistic that it's a different kind of fun

This. While I definitely love all the games in their own way, and there's no way to argue that original versions of gen 1/2 games are objectively garbage, they're just a lot of fun. Nothing bogs them down, no overbearing story and being stopped every route and town for, no forced legendary encounters getting in the way of just beating the gyms and going to E4. Lots of fun.

>>30513060
Yeah, they're fun enough. I bought and replayed Red in anticipation of the compatibility, so I could replay an old favorite and also use it as an opportunity to easily fill the Pokedex for a living dex.
>>
>>30516091
>Why do people have nostalgia for Hoenn again?
I thought ORAS were like better versions of RS. Even so, ORAS were just as boring as the originals. 3rd gen in general was a low point in the series for me. Even though I rank DP as the worst Pokemon games to date, the other gen 4 games were good enough to elevate 4 above 3.
>>
>>30515385
pretty sure DS doesn't have the hardware to play GB/C games
the cart might not even fit
>>
>>30516675
The cart doesn't fit, but it has the hardware iirc. In fact I believe the 3DS can even play GB, GBC and GBA roms like with the Ambassador Program games

If it doesn't have the hardware though, I'm 100% sure that it does have the hardware for GBA games. It just can't do anything special with it since it's exactly like playing a rom and nothing like the Virtual Console games
>>
>>30513060
Worth it for Mew
>>
>>30516402
This is why I played Fire Red so many times when it came out. It only took a few hours to beat the game and the rest of it was you building whatever Gen 1 team you wanted. It was a simple, fun game.
>>
>>30516961
This. Fire Red is my most replayed Pokemon game. The other games I invest too much time in to delete my file and start over. I've played at LEAST 5 times.
>>
>>30515562
Trading exist.

The transfer will allow different moves to be accessed. Well when they leant it before being traded in.

Nothing else will be different. Unless there's so e sort of different code allowomg different ablities.
>>
>>30515282
youve saved my life man, ive been trying to figure it out. glad i decided to use 4chan today.
>>
Looks like im getting yellow, tyvm guys
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.