[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looks like a wrestler >act like a wrestler >has moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

File: incineroar.png (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
incineroar.png
109KB, 500x500px
>looks like a wrestler
>act like a wrestler
>has moves like a wrestler
>it not a Fire/Fighting
>it a Fire/DARK
>it weak against FIGHTING
Can someone explain this logic to me? Oh and before you say something about wrestler not being fighters, things like Lucha Bird exist.
>>
>>30510758
Nintendo didn't want to get burn down by angry Pokemon fans who were tried of Fire/Fighting, so they decided that black = dark type.
>>
>>30510758
Heel wrestler
>>
Heel.
>>
>>30510758
He's a heel so he's supposed to be evil
>>
he's a fucking jobber
>>
Pro wrestling is fake, it's not real fighting, and he'd lose in against a trained fighter
>>
>Fire/Fighting
>the fourth Fire/Fighting starter
>FUCK YOU GF REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30510758
>Implying that GF would ever do something logical...
>>
>>30510758
>Heel wrestler
>loses to face (actual Fighting-type) wrestlers
Nothing wrong here OP. You just need to spend more time around /asp/ies.
>>
>>30510758

>Kukui likes wrestling
>say "Woo!" a lot

Someone at GF really likes wrestling.
>>
File: 1474728305481.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1474728305481.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>malicious moonsault
>more like a 450 splash

where my marks at
>>
He should have a had a unique HA that gives him a fighting resist and makes his dark attacks supper effective against fighting, called 'Dirty Wrestling' or something. Hopefully he gets some good tutor moves, its hilariously shallow right now though that seems to be a common problem with Alola mons
>>
File: file.png (257KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
257KB, 400x400px
>>30510967

It should have been a Lionsault
>>
>>30510758
Of course the Heel always loses to the Face.
>>
File: 39d.jpg (43KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
39d.jpg
43KB, 600x597px
>>30510758
>No tutor for a signature move called Chair Smash, that's Steel type and paralyzes.
>>
He looks like a WWE wrestler, WWE is fake as fuck, it makes sense that someone from WWE would be weak against a real fighter.
>>
File: discontent.png (61KB, 133x189px) Image search: [Google]
discontent.png
61KB, 133x189px
>>30510758
>bitches about fire starters being fire/fighting
>fire/psychic
>still keeps bitching
>fire/dark
>STILL BITCHING
>>
>>30511272

>no move for called "Hart Dive" that works like Self-Destruct
>>
>>30511299

>WWE is fake as fuck

As opposed those other "real" promotions?
>>
File: Tiger.Mask.W.full.2021320.jpg (554KB, 702x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger.Mask.W.full.2021320.jpg
554KB, 702x900px
>Based off of Tiger Mask
>is a Fire/Dark in Alola/Unova/Kalos
>becomes a fire/fighting in Kanto
>>
File: 1477777978890.gif (4MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477777978890.gif
4MB, 360x270px
>>30510758
>No parting shot/U-turn combo move called "Heel Tag"
>>
>>30510961

It's Ken Sugimori. Check his Twitter.
>>
>>30510982

I feel like if he at least gets his HA soon he could be run effectively as a tank with Darkest Lariat and Leech Life alongside a fire move and filler of your choice.

Maybe Assault Vest as the item if you go four attacks.
>>
>>30511430
>No tutor for Benoit Blowout, which works like self-destruct for your whole party
>>
>>30510758

Heel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel_(professional_wrestling)

>In professional wrestling, a heel (also known as a rudo in lucha libre) is a wrestler who is villainous or a "bad guy", who is booked (scripted) by the promotion to be in the position of being an antagonist.[1][2][3] They are typically opposed by their polar opposites, faces, who are the heroic protagonist or "good guy" characters. In American wrestling, it was common for the faces to be American and the heels to be portrayed as foreign (e.g. Bret Hart, The Iron Sheik, Eddie Guerrero, Rusev).

>In order to gain heat (with boos and jeers from the audience), heels are often portrayed as behaving in an immoral manner by breaking rules or otherwise taking advantage of their opponents outside the bounds of the standards of the match. Others do not (or rarely) break rules, but instead exhibit unlikeable, appalling and deliberately offensive and demoralizing personality traits such as arrogance, cowardice or contempt for the audience. Many heels do both, cheating as well as behaving nastily. No matter the type of heel, the most important job is that of the antagonist role. Heels exist to provide a foil to the face wrestlers. If a given heel is cheered over the face, a promoter may opt to turn that heel to face or vice versa, or to make the wrestler do something even more despicable to encourage heel heat.

>In the world of lucha libre wrestling, heels are generally known for being brawlers and for using physical moves that emphasize brute strength or size, often having outfits akin to demons, devils, or other tricksters. This is contrasted with the heroic técnicos that are generally known for using moves requiring technical skill, particularly aerial maneuvers.

Dark-types are the heels (bad guys), Fighting-types are the faces (good guys). That's why Fighting is SE against Dark. It's the noble, honorable fighters triumphing over the ones who fight dirty.
>>
File: 4928.jpg (28KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
4928.jpg
28KB, 620x372px
>>30510866
this

t. mandrama fan
>>
>>30511636
Thats what I'm planning on running for him, he is legit pretty bulky. I fucking hate how wasted that 80 sp attack is though, they could have at least went all in and given him base 100+ defenses. Seems like they always have the starters have at least usable attack and sp attack. They all have at least 70 base
>>
>>30510866
Not Kurt Angle
>>
>>30511822

I think that's GF's intent. I'm just pleasantly surprised Incineroar is at least passably tanky depending on various viewpoints.

If he gets Drain Punch tutoring in future games then between that, Flare Blitz, Dark Lariat and Leech Life I really think he's going to be great tank-wise. Anything else is just gravy to me by then.
>>
>>30510758

Are you serious?

Gamefreak didn't want to get shit on for having ANOTHER fighting/fire starter
>>
The cats based off of the greatest Japanese wrestler ever. He's probably going to get dumb amounts of support
>>
>>30510758
Because they didn't want to make ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER
>>
>>30511822
I think it's great the Fire typing neutralizes two of the major threats for dark types: Fairy and Bug.
>>
>>30510758
Wrestlers aren't real fighters, they're just fucking imposters and would get obliterated by anyone who seriously practices martial arts, therefore they have to be weak to fighting type, It's simple anon
>>
>>30511822
The idea is that even if you are six, your starter can clutch your way to the endgame.
Even if you only taught it Fire Blast, Blast Burn, Fire Pledge and Flamethrower
>>
>>30512113
I'm pretty sure this theory got BTFO by Bork Lazer
>>
>>30510961
He'll also throw in an, "Oh yeah!" As the Masketta Royal
>>
File: 001.jpg (18KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
18KB, 301x300px
>tfw no Great Gama pokemon
>>
File: IMG_8866.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8866.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>30511686
>>
>>30512116
>>30511974
Yeah that makes sense, still disappointing so many points are wasted from a competitive standpoint. Kids will just overlevel to the point base stats don't matter anyways. Same thing goes for blaze/overgrow/torrent. Though greninja getting a third ability may open them up giving other starters some love.
>>30512101
The new prankster immunity is nice as well. Honestly, prankster could have fit as a hidden ability as well from a flavor standpoint. Heel wrestler using taunts and underhanded tricks etc
>>
File: 1280x720-Z-Z.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Z-Z.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>30512165
>tfw no pokemon to heem Jabronies and talk about how great a wife Linda is
>>
Heel fighters always lose to faces
>>
He's the bad guy wrestler. The bird had no specific alignment.

Bad=Evil and in the Japanese version of the game, which is what the devs originally make it in, Dark= evil.

If he lost his fire type he would probably be dark / fighting.
>>
>>30512270
Thanks Cena!
>>
>>30512307
doesn't the website say that incineroar adore children & smaller pokemon cheering it on? also the not picking on weaker opponents thing
>>
>>30512256
>greninja getting a third ability
Greninja got an entirely new form with Battle Bond in all three Ability slots. Regular Greninja still has two distinct Abilities. It's... really weird. It doesn't work like any other Pokemon with different Abilities bar Zygarde. I doubt they'll ever do anything like it for a starter again.
>>
>>30512420
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Mask_(professional_wrestling)
>>
>>30511063
Pokémon comes out with a new item called the list.
>>
>fairy super effective on dark
>dark super effective on ghost
>Ghost neutral to fairy

explain why purinadogchow is a fairy
>>
>>30511467
No as opposed to real pokemon
>>
He must be the big show of the Pokémon world cause his speed is shit
>>
>>30512420
Yeah but then this guy doesn't mind chopping that lady seal in the throat so it can't speak or sing anymore.
>>
>>30512543
>water/steel
>Fire/Fighting
>Grass/ground
Gen 4 was a mistake
>>
>>30511974
Fuck man that's the only reason why I want a new game asap. Drain Punch, Superpower, Thunder Punch, Zen Headbutt, Iron Tail, Knock off, A FUCKING GUNK SHOT AND SUCKER PUNCH? It'd make it Pangoro of gen 7. Also they could fix its movepool a bit by giving it Morning Sun as an egg move, Poison Jab as an tm move (pretty sure the only reason they didn't give him that is so it can't beat Primarina) and Flying Press because they say fuck it with every signature move eventually. I mean they gave Crunch to Gyarados, Boomburst to Swellow and gave Kalos starters signature moves away to some random mons in ORAS. If Kanto remake/postgame is coming maybe they're going to distribute Sotboiled much wider.
God fucking damn it I'm happy that my bro isn't a shitmon but I really hope they improve it
>>
Luchador and "wrestling" are different. A luchador is a warrior. A Pro-Wrassler is an actor. Actor is a respectable art form laden with deceit, to be an actor is to decieve. To be deceitful is evil. General fears, malice and sins fall under the dark type. Think goku and hercule. Hercule is still an athlete, but a dark type athlete, beat out everytime by the fighting type Z-warriors.
>>
What names did you lads pick for your firecats?
>>
>>30513080
Alolan Heat
>>
>>30513096
Pretty good, I went with Balorina on mine.
>>
>>30513080
King. It was too obvious not to
>>
>>30513080
El Picante
>>
I love the fact that despite what the actual type is, GF modeled this pokemon in a fighting type style. Its just a clever way of making it fighting without making it fighting. Wrestling is nothing but physical fucking combat, something this pokemon and every pokemon fighting type is designed in mind with. It doesn't matter if its fire/dark. Torracat could of evolved into a regular fire/dark cat all along, but it SPECIFICALLY took a evolution look similar to fighting types and conviently being a mon specifically supposed to lose to fighting types through their own fughting craft i.e. wrestling. GF did this on purpose you dipshits.
>>
>>30512042
But that's not The Great Sasuke, defeater of justice systems, JAV copycats, and aliens.
>>
>>30516905
>On February 19, 2009, Sasuke was arrested for assault after kicking a 36-year-old man and grabbing him by the shirt collar. Sasuke was reported to be angry because his picture was being taken with a cellphone camera. The incident happened on a JR Joban Line train at Minamisenju Station. However, all charges were dropped and was released from jail on February 21, after serving 40 hours in jail, after Sasuke apologized to the man.The man who took Sasuke's photograph was said to not have known who he was and thought he was just some crazy person wearing a mask in public.
Are you sure?
>>
>>30516955
>thought he was just some crazy person wearing a mask in public
Well, he wasn't wrong really
>>
The heel is SUPPOSED to lose to the face
But you already knew that, OP
>>
>>30510758
>wrestling pokemon isn't fighting type
>sun pokemon is weak to fire
>massive tanky bug monster runs away if its health gets chipped below 50%
>fapbait lizard can poison anything but is built like a glass cannon

there is a lot of silly stuff in this gen.
>>
>>30510866
[/kayfabe]
this
>>
>>30510758
>he thinks lucha libre is the same as puroresu
>>
>>30510807
>nintendo
>>
>>30511686
>it gets Outrage
>>
File: 1480285212394.png (413KB, 840x453px) Image search: [Google]
1480285212394.png
413KB, 840x453px
>>30510866
>>30511739
[/thread]
>>
>>30510758
It's a heel wrestler. The typing makes more sense with the Japanese name for Fighting being Hero type. Basically, the hero has an advantage against the heel in pro wrestling on tv.
>>
>>30511562
>Kanto Form is Fire/Fighting

Sign me up.
>>
>>30511618
this. he likes mexican wrestling so we might get pokemexico with Mariachi Ludicolo and Cartel Kingler.
>>
File: 1478345579478.png (141KB, 1073x716px) Image search: [Google]
1478345579478.png
141KB, 1073x716px
Incineroar is only a heel in terms of how violent, reckless, and self-centered it is (on the surface). Not because it's a "fake fighter"
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.