[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just got back into the series with moon. how do i bring my old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1478622708317.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1478622708317.png
31KB, 720x644px
just got back into the series with moon. how do i bring my old pokemon from platinum up to this game?

on my platinum i have a lv100 starmie that was my main bro on fire red that i've used in every game so far
>>
Buy a gen V and a gen VI game, download PokéTransfer, spend 5 bucks on PokéBank to download Starmie all the way to gen VI and then wait until January to transfer it to this game.
>>
>>30509775
You need to beat a gen 5 game and pay 5 dollars

Also you need 2 ds'S but a DS and a 3ds works
>>
>>30509829
You missed the part that he also has to beat the Gen V game before being able to transfer it over. Although that's probably a blessing as those are some of the best titles in the franchise.

Also does he even have to buy a gen 6 game? All he has to do is transfer it over from gen 5 to pokebank and then to SM when it'll be available.
>>
>>30509829

thank you. could i get oras or do i have to get one of x/y for the gen 6 game?

would you recommend black or white? do i need to get black/white 2 also or just one of them? which is easiest so i can just skip through it as much as possible?
>>
>>30509890
you can use oras or xy
>>
>>30509890
XY are extremely easy to beat, and will spoonfeed you all the way through. The only issue is that you won't get any decent TMs until you clear the Elite Four. You'll get a lot of xp though.
>>
I ask again. Why would he need a gen 6 game? Isn't poketransfer and the bank completely functional standalone?
>>
>>30509880
They really aren't. Especially when all you want to do is transfer your pokemon over but BW keep beating you over the head with the story. It's a pokemon game. I don't care about the story. Just let me transfer.
>>
>>30509880
>>30510038
Same guy you responded too but I think you're completely right and you don't need a gen VI game. He does need to beat a gen V game, though.

>>30509890
If you want to be forced using only new (when gen V rolled around) Pokémon for the main game, get Black or White. Get B2W2 if you want to also use older Pokémon otherwise.
I don't know which one is easier, but I did personally lose to the final boss of Black 1 a couple of times.
I'd recommend you to buy both Black 1/Black 2 or White 1/White 2 but I've a loveboner to these games.
>>
>>30510038
He doesn't, /vp/ is just shit at Pokemon.
>>
>>30509775
Before you do anything no one can legally transfer until January
>>
>>30510038
You can transfer from Gen 5 -> Gen 7?
>>
>>30509890
>wants to get back into the series
>doesn't want to play said games
>>
Just beat Gen 5 in between now and January. Black 1 is shorter I think.
>>
>>30510262
You can transfer from gen 5 through poke transfer to poke bank. So yes, you'll be able to access the bank in January with your gen 7 game. A gen 6 game isn't required at any step.
>>
>>30509858
Hi. My last played pokemon is diamond with most of my team dating back to pre 2007, any chance i can bring then to Moon? I still have a ds lite and diamond
>>
>>30509880
I didn't think you had to beat it. I never beat Black and White (this was before I really got into the series) and I was able to transfer my Pokémon over to Bank.
>>
Is the homebrew bank compatible with Gen IV? Or Gen V for that matter.
>>
>>30509775
You need a 5th gen game. Plenty of ti.me to wait for Pokebank to boot up next month.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.