[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Allegedly, people are getting bans for trades that involve h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 2779268-137.jpg (76KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2779268-137.jpg
76KB, 960x960px
Allegedly, people are getting bans for trades that involve hacked pokemon in Sun and Moon. Thoughts on this?
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-SUN-MOON-Warning-Please-Be-Careful-Gamefreak-is-Banning
Also, verlisify made a video celebrating it and I know how much we all love verlisify :^)
https://youtu.be/VxWqtKV6-KU
>>
>>30508762
why do youtubers always yell in their video titles?
>>
>>30508762
Heh. They've had the ability to do this since XY if not earlier.

But it's a shame, hacking in humorous or clever joke pokemon for mass WT was one of the fun things to do in Gen 6.

>Hack in boxes of HA shiny Ho-ohs that were bank-legal
>GTS them to fill my pokedex
>>
>>30508806
a form of clickbait, I guess?
>>
>>30508911

Nononono Verlis doesn't resort to clickbait kek
>>
Do you think if you poked Verlisfy's forehead he would go into an autistic rage?
>>
>>30508945
you're right, I shouldn't tarnish his good name like that :(
>>
I think I got a cloned/hacked Yveltal in Pokémon X. I was able to transfer it to the Bank. The moves, the level and the ability are also regular. Do you think moving it to SM will be risky? I'm trying to make a living dex, and also I had to trade a goddamn Xerneas.
>>
>>30509461
nothing is going to happen unless youre specifically doing >>30508893 this

in fact thats pretty much why theyre so far behind in hack prevention, because theyre not willing to punish people just for owning them
>>
Am you fine if you trade offspring bred from hacked parents?
>>
File: nick is concern.jpg (41KB, 430x492px) Image search: [Google]
nick is concern.jpg
41KB, 430x492px
Mmmk not releasing anymore 6IV dittos just to be safe.
>>
>>30508762
I undoubtedly have three hacked pokemon I have revived in a trade, two are in ORAS.

One is a 6iv ditto in SM, I had revived it over the GTS.

The other two I asked for because fuck getting DPP for Rapid spin on Armaldo. And FRLG for Softboiled on Clefable.

If I do not transfer those two, am I safe or is that ditto sealing the deal?
>>
>>30508762
So you mean to tell me if I gen my pokemon and edit their stats with powersaves, I get banned if I try and trade? Does this mean Verlis won?
>>
>>30509755
I think the main issue are blant hacks from shitty injections. I imagine if PKHex say it's legal then you're fine.
>>
>>30508762
Wait, hold on, I'm confused. Are people getting banned for RECEIVING hacked pokemon?
>>
I'm pretty sure this can only happen if you're trading mons that have the same PID.
>>
>>30509695
>>30509755
As far as I can tell, it's too soon to say if a pokemon is safe or not. I've received the 6IV Ledybot ditto and have sniped some ultra beasts in return for non legendary pokemon (probably people hacking in legendaries to complete their pokedex the lazy way) but nothing's happened to me yet.
>>
>>30509695
I hope not. Gas the injectfags. Gas the 6IV Ditto fags. Restore the purity of legit bloodlines.
>>
>>30509609
Luckily I already have my living pokedex, so there isn't the same personal urge to hack anymore.
But yeah, if you're naive enough to do the Global Link, they have the data for everything you do on gts, and it's funny that I haven't seen any repercussions, that I am aware of, for that stunt.

Not to mention all the ditto/hidden ability scamming from back in XY, but that wasn't hacking, just exploiting the demand and built-in lack of accountability on GTS. Those were fun times.

My favorite hack was genning Kecleons with the Hidden Ability flag, and tutor moves from BW2, and the ability would automatically turn into Protean upon transfer. Wonder Traded boxes of those.

Whatever,
The point is that Game Freak has had the data on this since XY and they should have been banning people based on this since XY, but they're fucking lazy it seems.
It's really hard to take it seriously when they never fixed the ability to search for and request event-only pokemon on GTS that you can't even trade.
>>
>>30509755
>getting DPP for Rapid spin on Armaldo
???
It's an egg move, you don't need DPP to get it
>>
>>30508762
surely this is in no way clickbait

uh uh

nah
>>
This doesn't hit anyone who hacks for personal use.

It will possibly hit big Youtube/Twitch channels who establish themselves by whoring out hacked Pokemon for donations and subscribers. And to that I say good fucking riddance. Those channels need to die in a fire.
>>
Even if it was true what is the point, unbanning yourself is easy as shit
>>
>>30510096
Why do retards keep saying this
>>
>>30510154
if you're hacking you probably have CFW anyways, which you can easily change your system ID with
>>
>>30510096
The point is is that people who updated and can't get hacked pokemon can risk getting banned too
>>30510076
There's multiple channels like that? The only one I know of is AusLove
>>
>>30510190
No you can't.

People banned from the leak are still banned, there's absolutely no way to unban yourself out of a permanent system ban. You can inject the friend seed from a different 3DS and get around the wi-fi ban, but system ID bans are permanent and there is no workaround outside buying a new system or motherboard.
>>
>>30508762

The article is mainly talking about bans related to disconnecting from the GTS during a trade and makes several explicit statements that it's not related to hacked mons.
>>
How exactly does one know if he's banned? I know that I've had some connection issues resulting in restarting the console (and losing a few ranks in my Plaza ffs), but I'm not sure if this is connected to bans or not.
>>
>>30510028
It was only chain-breedable in DPP, moreover a pain in the ass and fucking stupid.
>>
Meh, I got a 6IV Ditto and am not banned.

That's all I wanted really. I'll chain for the Ditto Natures.
>>
>>30510231
>he doesn't know
>>
So in others words, this has nothing to with hacking but with people shitty wifi? Nice thread op
>>
>>30509025
Probably, but if you touched an animal that has fur within the last 72 hours, he would instantly orgasm
>>
>>30510231
but noone cares about system id bans, everyone who got banned for playing SM early could've unbanned themselves by now and kept playing normally. The nnid is gone, but that's it.

Also the "ban" they are talking about in this shit is the one for disconnecting during trade, which is literally what happens when you lose connection during trading. This has NOTHING to do with hacking/injecting/whatever. And I'm saying this as someone who has sent the same hacked pokemon 4k+ times without any issue
>>
Did a giveaway shortly after launch, thought it may have been due to playing offline on a leaked copy then was detected after it went live.

More than likely this now, huh.
>>
>>30510439
Yep.
OP's link literally says that.
>>
>>30510384
Considering I'm on the Discord and IRC channels where CFW and homebrew devs discuss shit like this, yes I do know.

>>30510498
>noone cares about system ID bans
Enjoy never using Pokebank.
>muh homebrew Bank
Yeah good luck getting your Homebrew bank to connect with the next game on the Switch.
>>
>>30508762
After being told I'll be banned for RNG abuse in Gen 5 VGC, being told I'll be banned for downloading an Australian Pokémon Go app, being told I'll be banned for injecting with PKhex both in gen 6 and gen 7, I don't think I'm going to believe an article on some obscure blog telling me I'll be banned this time.
>>
>>30510439
;^)
>>
>>30510554
>the next game on the Switch
Didn't Nintendo say the Switch won't replace the DS line?
>>
>>30510554
No interest in pokebank at all on my side. But even if, I could just grab any spare 3ds of myself or a friend and get it there to transfer my pokemon over... you know I can copy them all within seconds right?
>>
>>30510214
yep, there are channels dedicated to wonder trading bullshit off. some blatant hacked clone shit, others will try to justify their clones by saying they were legit bred & that using the gen 6 trade glitch was """""""""legit"""". all sides unfortunately rope saps in and open their channels up for "donations".

those trade glitch fucks are more annoying than the people using powersaves or pkhex OR the bike sim purists. they're clearly exploiting for their own gain, but turn their nose down to the ones who fuck about with the cheat devices. it isn't any better desu
>>
So, what would be proper compensation for a female Turtonator in a Repeat Ball?
Or an apricot ball, but I doubt that's a reasonable request.
>>
oh yeah, if someone gets hit with the trade ban & has some way to go to a previous save somehow, it can be bypassed pretty much. iicr someone with a physical cart & powersaves was able to do this, but i forgot which place i read this at.
>>
>>30510439
but people on that website are giving away hacked pokemon and users in the forum are involved in hacked pokemon trades. If you watched the video you would know :^)
>>
>>30510843
considering not a single person of this group has been banned tells you that these "bans" are not aimed at all and just an automated system against people who try to cheat the system by disconnecting at the right time

>>30510901
can confirm, the ban is stored in the save and loading a old save unbans you instantly
>>
>>30510843
>spending real money on hacked pokemon when you could request someone to make a custom made one for free on a forum
what fools
>>
>>30510934
the system IS supposed to be preventing all of that though, which is fine. seeing all of those people with the fucked up portraits & names on gen 6 gts was probably just as bad too. the effort to try to fix up the old glitches like the trade shit isn't unappreciated by most players, i'd reckon.

i just have an issue with this sort of shit happening to those who just want to play and are, more or less, innocent players. unfortunately, some of those guys who get into an issue (like i did} got their bans lasting for up to 3 days. it's really bullshit how those players get fucked over by the trade ban like that. customer service being unable to help sucks and, as far as i'm aware, they have not tried to come up with some sort of notification on one of their damn websites.

all of the bans i had so far were on the gts trying to select a generic breedject pokemon after picking someone else's breedject. an error about turning the power off popped up, which forced a reset. customer support basically tells players whom that happens to "tough luck" pretty much. time frame lasted around 30-60 minutes, which is considered lucky i guess.

with my dex complete, i don't have to worry about that shit as much anymore
>>
>>30511285
yep, they get suckered into those donation incentives & whatnot. it is probably the same sort of crowd that spend real money on ebay & amazon for hacked shit
>>
File: ayy.gif (338KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.gif
338KB, 400x300px
>yfw when you traded hacks to Wifi general and they did not know
>>
>>30511379
lol whom
>>
>>30510626
Didn't Nintendo say the DS wouldn't replace the GBA line?
>>
>>30508806
>all caps video titles full of exclamation points and question marks
>video thumbnails are oversaturated images with all caps writing in huge tacky font
Why is Pokemon youtube so terrible
>>
File: 1480193230459.jpg (35KB, 412x371px) Image search: [Google]
1480193230459.jpg
35KB, 412x371px
>>30508762
The post says people are being banned for random GTS trades or doing a lot of GTS trading completely unrelated to hacking, using legitimate pokemon.

Nobody gives a fuck what Verlisfy says. He's biased and has special interest in lying about what the post says.
>>
>>30508762

Gee I wonder who's behind this post...?
>>
File: verlisify.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
verlisify.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>30511701
IT WAS ME, DIO!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30511645
it's not the "a lot" of GTS trading part, I have a few thousand trades by now, sometimes 1 trade per minute for several hours. I got trade-ban exactly once when my whole wifi dropped.
>>
>>30512040
That's just a theory presented for why this could be.

Overall, my guess is that whatever code GF is using to detect and ban people over disconnects, is faulty and catching innocents.
>>
>>30512107
idk, I feel like the connection to their servers is pretty wonky. I could stay online in ORAS with hours on end without a problem, but in SM my connection drops at least every hour at the same spot of my apartment. It's fine if I put the 3ds next to the router, but just one wall further and the connection becomes shit
>>
>>30509025
Do you think if I could 1-v-1 him and his team of furries and BURASTO BAHN him, he'd finally shut up?
>>
>Gamefreak thinks people cheat by abusing disconnection during trades
are they stuck in Gen II or what?
>>
>>30511766
could this be a jojo reference?
>>
>>30512251
I don't know, to be honest.

It seems they might be aware of an issue with their trading system that creates clones, but rather than fixing it before release they choose to not bother and instead ban the people who disconnect even though it can be due to shitty internet connectivity.
>>
>>30508806
Titles in all caps catch people's attention. This is also why people put bright colors in their thumbnail.
>>
do I need to trash the 2 shiny dittos I got? I used the GTS to get a ditto for every nature and got 2 most likely hacked shiny ones in the process.

I probably won't even get rid of them though lol
>>
>>30512713
No. This is a connectivity issue, not a hacking one.
>>
>>30512251
that was a thing in gen6, too
>>
I mass-sent out eight boxes of cheatyface Ditto and haven't been banned.
>>
>>30511766
could this be the work of a funposter?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.