[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have old pokemon game >buy new pokemon game >have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon-bank-facebook.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-bank-facebook.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>have old pokemon game
>buy new pokemon game
>have to pay to transfer your Pokemon

Why is this allowed?
>>
It's rather "do you want your old Pokemon with you or not?"
>>
By extension, they're making us pay just to unlock the National Dex. There are like 30 non-Alola Pokemon we can get in-game and we won't be able to register them to the Dex until January.
>>
>>30505026
Because people are passive
>>
>>30505026
You mean like gen 1 to 2 and 4 to 5?
>>
>>30505026
It's not 5 days free for every gen?
>>
>>30505026
Because an online system like this is expensive anon. $5 a year isn't shit, and before you would have to have 2 DS' to transfer. I think this is the better option.
>>
>>30505220
That national dex uses the data of all games you connect to Bank. So big chance most of those Pokémon will be registered anyway because of a 6th gen game.
>>
>>30505026
$5
>>
Since Pokemon sun and moon and Pokebank to transfer old pokemon, I already got bored of pokemon (GF), now I am trying to look for some similar saga but that doesn't discard its adult target audience (old) to stay alone with the smaller target audience (new). Does anyone know of something similar?
>>
>>30505314
Wait, you mean that since I completed the Nat. Dex in X & OR it'll be complete in Moon as well?
>>
>>30505026
Cheaper than a link cable and infinitely more convenient.
>>
>>30505359
There's no Nat.Dex in SM. It's a Bank dex now.

You had 721 mons in OR, but you don't want to transfer anything? Caught the 81 new ones in SM?
Then Bank Dex is completed.
>>
>>30505410
Well shit. I was kinda looking forward to catching 'em all for a fourth time, but at the same time I'm glad I don't have to go through all that again.
>>
>>30505220
>There are like 30 non-Alola Pokemon we can get in-game
what
>>
>>30505026
Isn't it like 5 bucks per year?

It's a convenient service. And it's 5 dollars. Get a job.
>>
>>30505599
Island Scan. I don't know the exact number, it was just a guess.
>>
So, Do I have to load each game and let the bank app open them,or will I have a near-full dex when I open the bank?
>>
>>30505638
>shitty business practice causes you to pay money for something that used to be free
>lol get a job

every single time
>>
>>30506072
>something that used to be free
??????
>>
>>30506072
You mean something that used to not exist?
>>
>can't transfer from gen 4 games directly
>have to pay for it

Nice quality and effort Game Freak
>>
>>30506072
It never used to be free, don’t delude yourself, you had to buy a cable, you had to have another ds, or a friend with the game or another copy of the next one or a new system. It was never free.
>>
>>30506072
It wasn't free. You had to buy another console to trade between your own games.
>>
>I WANT EVERYTHING GIVEN TO ME FOR FREE AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Typical millennials.
>>
>>30506161
>gen 3 to 4
>put gba cart in DS
>transfer
Sure seems free to me
>>
File: Pokebank Complaints.jpg (872KB, 2055x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Pokebank Complaints.jpg
872KB, 2055x1125px
>>
>>30506072
>used to be free
Need a link cable
Need another Gameboy
Need another game
???
>>
>>30505340
Isn't it a subscription based purchase?
>>
If you're seriously that poor and can't afford $5 a year, you can just hack your 3DS and use the homebrew bank app.
>>
>>30506209

for literally one gen only
>>
>>30505026

Just use pksm you fucking retard.
>>
They easily could make the Pokes transferable without the back. Since you can transfer Pokemon to Gen V using the Dream Radar. They chose not to.

Fuck Gamefreak.
>>
>>30507233

They switched to bank because people's collections were bloating that the six at a time system was too slow. I've left tons of mons in gen 4 because it took too long to transfer them all to gen 5.
>>
>>30506355
$5 per year. Lunch money from a day for an average child in middle school could pay for a year. They just wouldn't be able to buy their cardboard pizza for the day.
>>
>>30507306
That wouldn't have been as bad if they didn't require a minigame to transfer.
>>
>>30507391
How do you pay? Do you need a credit card? Can you use eShop Dollars? Can you use Paypal?
>>
>>30507483
All of them IIRC
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again.

Get a job faggot
>>
>Less than 10 USD
>Per 365 Days

If you can't even scrape the NEETbucks for that then just kys already.
>>
>>30505026
$5 a year to host a small and ever changing .txt file on their servers. It could probably be free but $5 isn't going to hurt the wallet and it supports the games I love.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.