[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lose to Charizard every meeting >Come closer and closer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

>Lose to Charizard every meeting
>Come closer and closer to victory with each meeting
>Train harder than ever
>Surpass limits
>Gain bullshit super mode
>Reach the grandest stage
>Final climactic battle against rival
>Still lose
What was the point?
>>
>>30504436
The point was to appeal to Charizard fanboy fags. That no matter how much people think Game Freak shills Greninja too much Charizard will always be shilled a million times more.
>>
tl:dr To give Charizard fanboys orgasms.
>>
>>30504436
Why didn't Ash burst into flames when Greninja got hit by Blast Burn?
>>
Here's the thing though

Why were people upset? Do people not like Charizard? Wasn't Alain's entire point and existence to appeal to older fans and genwunners, like of course you want to see this cool guy with the Charizard win?
>>
>>30504715
>shill

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>30504838
People were upset because of Ash not winning. AGAIN.

It's been 20 years and Ash still has not become the Champion.
>>
kek this guy choked during my elite four battles. Only one of my Pokemon to faint. he had been clutch all the way up until the battle. Gamefreak's programming can be too accurate sometimes.
>>
>>30504850
Fuck. What's the word? I can't remember. Now I look like an idiot. (I'll just distract them with tiddies.)
>>
>>30504838
>appeal to older fans

Alain winning was to appeal to people who say they're older fans and go on about "le Ass Ketchup is incompetent lolololo," not people who are still watching the anime.
>>
>>30504838
Because ash losing yet again posed them off more

Besides genwunners don't really watch the Anime anymore
>>
Alian's Charizard had more experience for the years of training in a pure competitive enviroment and Greninja does not, is like if you try to use your shitmons of the ingame against competitives ones. Actually makes sense.
>>
>>30504916
Oh man, the same thing happened to me. He was steamrolling the whole game until the dragom trial, when he got btfo by Kommo-o and Hakamo-o. He then got blasto'd by Hau, Hala, AND Kukui
>>
>>30504947
But Ash IS incompetent.
>>
>>30504436
Because If Ash ever won a league the show would run into continuity problems.
>>
>>30504436
Simply the writers are a bunch of shitbags whose thought doesn't surpass the "muh progress, you can't win the league coz no anime anymore" stage.
That loss isn't as much as shameful than Trollbias one.
>>
>>30505023
Bullshit. Sinnoh league proved this to be a lie. Look at those movesets and strategies.
>>
>>30505044

Didn't Ash win the orange league?
>>
>>30505023
>incompetent
>when he's in the top 1% of best trainers in the world

Hmmmm
>>
>>30504436
Because Ash is worthless and no one except a bunch of loser nerds actually cares for him

Even 7 year old kids like to joke about how they can progress through the story faster than him
>>
File: 1480619869391.jpg (39KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
1480619869391.jpg
39KB, 540x534px
>>30505339
Yeah because being able to become the Champion of a region within a couple of days like the games portray sure is an accurate timeline that you should totally hold the anime to, am I right?
>>
>>30505150
Movesets and strats are not important in the pokemon anime. They never at any point had a quantifiable measure to victory. It's just whoever spiral-eyes first.
>>
>>30505374
No. It is not. But kids do. And if the show is going to continue to shoot itself in the foot to make sure it sticks to that target demographic, then it shouldn't lend itself to things kids criticize.

If the protagonist's best skill is "worse" than the target audience, and that audience is children, they'll fucking notice.
>>
>>30504838
>>30504838
>Why were people upset?
People everything lined up in a way it wouldn't again for 1000 years and Ash still lost the league. People expected, or rather, hoped, for Ash to win the league for a reason this time, they didn't just because, the anime kept giving and giving reasons and tropes and stuff that yelled HE'S WINNING THIS TIME GUY and on top of that Alola was not gonna have a league and the 20th anniversary. It was the perfect moment like no other will ever be but the execs still didn't allow it.

It's no surprise people were mad when so much build-up was thrown into the trash in this manner.
>>
>>30505434
The target audience is little boys. You don't want your viewers going "I could beat Alain, and I DID beat Diantha, Ash sucks!
>>
>>30505468
It's a show for children in elementary. Adults shouldn't bank their emotions on this.

Hell in this day and age that's not even acceptable for fucking Pixar

If I see a fucking ">Pixar" just know you're implying that the pokemon anime is better than their best movies and you're an idiot.
>>
>>30505468
I still can't believe that people think XYZ is the best season ever when it destroyed everything XY did/tried to do.
>>
>>30505485
Except that's what they do?
>>
>>30504715
>>30504739
Has a Charizard ever lost to anything in the anime? Even in Origins it beat the shit out of fucking Mewtwo.
>>
>>30505637
Blaziken in the johto league and Alan's zard X took a beating from Primal Groudon.
>>
>>30505623
>>30505623
Which is why you write the fucking show to appeal to them and not a bunch of hopeless 20 somethings looking for wish fulfillment.
>>
>>30505697
Johto? You mean Hoenn, right? Unless Blaziken was one of those pokemon that showed up a gen before it was supposed to.
>>
>>30505971
it was
>>
>>30505637
Charizard wound up having a pretty bad lost against Brendan's Dusclops in Battle Frontier.
Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Pikachu then picked up the slack and won the match anyway.
>>
>>30504838
>Wasn't Alain's entire point and existence to appeal to older fans and genwunners
If they wanted to appeal to older fans and genwunners, they should have just done a new anime from scratch with an older protag with more mature (but not edgelord) themes.
>>
>>30505468
This, together with the fucking episode's title being "Kalos League Victory". Things would work out perfectly since Ash could just be on vacation in Alola after winning as well. It is even more stupid if you think Alan didn't give a fuck about the league and was only there because of Ash.
Well at least they gave us a bone in the last episode(for some at least)
>>
>>30505528
Children also hate Ash losing and if this is to teach a lesson it would be the most redundant lesson ever.
>>
>>30506982
Kids hate losing, and kids hate losers. The pokemon anime made it clear it refuses to shape up. I don't understand how so many adults are engrossed in it when there's so much better shit out there
>>
>>30504436
Because Ash shouldn't win a league.
His journey isn't about becoming a master by this point, because if he ever became a master that would mean his journey was over. And Ash isn't the kind of person to want to end his journey.

Clearly he understands this and is actively sabotaging himself every league. So he never has to stop just adventuring, meeting new people and pokemon and just having fun.
>>
>>30507522
Why would that mean his journey is over? He doesn't have to quit adventuring as soon as he wins a league, because there were so many leagues. When a new region with new pokemon is discovered, Ash would choose to start over in that region regardless of whether or not he's won a league in the past.
>>
Charizard X and Alain a best
>>
>>30505971
You must be 18 and have watched the anime to post here.
>>
>>30508010
Because that's literally all people want to see.
>>
>>30507522
clearly youre overthinking a childrens show
>>
>>30508809
People want to see Ash fail? Are they all cucks?
>>
>>30508853
probably
>>30508010
>When a new region with new pokemon is discovered
That's not how it works, notice how all of those regions are already populated, on account of the fact that they weren't just discovered.

Also, what would him winning change, it adds one or two more fights before he loses to some irrelevant character that's never shown up to any significant degree, or it adds four fights before he loses to Dianthe. Whereas we got him losing to a fairly important character with a lot of setup, and the remaining time in region could be put into the conclusion to the main plot with Zygarde.

That just seems better than, "Yay he won, moving on"
>>
>>30504436
It's obviously a rule they have for the anime, for one reason or another. It's probably simply because it's his reason for continue his journey and they can't, or don't dare, come up with another one.

But I've fantasized that it's a Japanese way to show courtesy between coworkers, i.e, because Ash lost at Indigo Plateau, the production team for each new series don't want to "be better" than the previous one because it could possibly be seen as an insult to the older production teams, so it's kept as an honorable tradition.
>>
>>30504985
>Putting him against Fighting types

No, thats your fault
>>
I haven't followed the new alola series, is it set up like the games with trials instead of gym battles and no pokemon league yet?

Ash'so team will have Pikachu, Decidueye, and Trumbeak already given. Likely a couple popular alola pokemon with personality like exeggutor, lycanroc, and mudsdale.
>>
>>30509558
Not discovered by humans, discovered by Ash. Regardless of whether or not he won the last league, finding out about a new area with new pokemon is going to make him pack up and go exploring regardless.
>>
>>30510410
It will be Pikachu, Decidueye, Incineroar.

The other 3 have yet to be implied or hinted at.
>>
It would be pretty cool if they had ash win the brand new league, be champion for about 5 minutes then lose to his first challenger who could be someone like hau.
>>
>>30510642
Isn't Rockruff shown around Ash a lot in promo material? And they get along pretty well so far in series.
>>
>>30504436
Ashnime fans are literally subhuman.
>>
Why weren't people angrier at Alain's Bisharp soloing literally all of Ash's team
>>
Because kida need to understand that no matter what you do other people will always be better tha you
>>
File: DOWN.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
DOWN.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken power is 25
>vs Sceptile, Ash-Greninja combine the shuriken of 59 clones
>so that giant Water Shuriken is 60 times stronger than his regular upgraded Water Shuriken (a power of 1500)
>golden giant Water Shuriken Z & Knuckles is even stronger

>also Charizard had already received Cut, brain damage-Aerial Ace and Pikachu's Quick Attack and Thunderbolt (as regular Charizard so Thunderbolt was supereffective)

>Charizard isn't absolutelly destroyed and pulverizated by Greninja

XY Ash and Greninja are even stronger than the writers, they had no idea how to make sense of Ash's defeat
Ash was defeated because the show must go on, that's all
>>
>>30510642
The reason I assumed trumbeak is that ash ALWAYS gets the early game bird pokemon.

There are also some pokemon he obviously won't use like toxapex, bruxish, minior, and passoland.

Actually I'd be willing to bet money that he gets a crabrawler on his team after looking at the list of all the alola pokemon. He just seems like the most "ash" pick of all time.
>>
File: charizard.jpg (25KB, 346x221px) Image search: [Google]
charizard.jpg
25KB, 346x221px
>>30504436
People only watched XY for the shipping subplot
>>
>>30511013
How the fuck is charizard a ride pokemon in a region where he's not even found, at least all the others are native pokemon to alola
>>
Ash mirrors the Kantonian mc from the game

he's gonna win it all so the series can go full circle

please
>>
>>30504436
Because they need to keep Ash as the protagonist. If he won it'd be pointless, so they shoehorned him into yet another hundred episodes.

I was hoping so, so badly that Ash would win, leave, and then we'd get someone completely new.
>>
>>30504838
God no. How can you misunderstand this badly. Genwunners only watched for the off chance of Ash finally winning.
>>
>>30511070

why do you think?
>>
>>30510803
Pikachu did the same to Alain to be fair. Godchu was the only one on Ash's team that carried it's own weight.

>>30510936
Wasn't it two Thunderbolts and a Quick Attack?
>>
>>30504838
I have been on and off with the anime for years now since watching Charizard literally refuse to fight and cost Ash the match, which I thought was bullshit even as a 6 year old.

When I catch wind of "OUR BOY IS GOING TO MAKE IT" I usually pick back up to only see "OUR BOY AIN'T GONNA MAKE IT!"

Feels bad.
>>
>>30507415
Like not posting in /vp/?
not refering to you
>>
>>30511762
I was happy that Pikachu got the green light after being nearly irrelevant for half the series.

Would've preferred Mega Pikachu over Ash-Greninja

Pikachu with a Mega Charizard X hoodie would've been adorable in anime and in game.
>>
>>30511762
It's kinda vague 'cause the episode ended then continued in the next, but I think it's the same thunderbolt.
>>
>>30512559
>tfw Ash's Pikachu will never have Volt Tackle ever again

Why?
>>
>>30511070
What better Pokemon to ride than a Dragon?
>>
File: 1479868329420.jpg (424KB, 1376x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1479868329420.jpg
424KB, 1376x1264px
>>30504436
>What was the point?
To reveal that Ash was a shitty trainer, and forever will be, even with crutches, life support, etc, he will never prosper. Alain won on his first league, while for Ash, it may never happen(for official leagues, orange islands never took him to E4).

>m-muh charizard pandering!
Well, no shit. Gen 6-7 pandered to Kanto and Gen 1 fags. They're pandering to their older audiences.
>"BUT GEN ONE WAS THE SHITTIEST GEN"
True, but you faggots will buy anything(member homemade-kun)
>>
>>30504436
To show the most autistic section of the animefags that they do not care about you and the show will always be primarily targeted to the newest generation of kids. They thought you got the message with the DP-BW transition but since you didn't, they decided to do XY.

It's futile though, the next time they try to take the show even halfway seriously these people will probably be approaching 50 and still think Ash will win the league.
>>
>>30513014
>>30513185
Wow such level of intelligence
>>
>>30504436
to prove that ash still has a lot to learn, thats why he decides to go to school in alola :o)
>>
>>30505637
Another Charizard.
>>
>>30513647
Certainly at least more intelligent then the adults who actually think the anime writers don't secretly mock how gullible you lot are you during their meetings, yeah.
>>
>>30504436
Because he wants to be the very best, it's just too bad he's mediocre-joe, so his want to be the very best is all well and good, but that's all it is.
>>
>>30504932
Jobber?
>>
>>30510936
It was a Charizard. In the anime it's practically a mary sue pokemon.
>>
All he had to do was teach greninja stealth rock and he would have won.
>>
>>30512602
>Ash will never command his Pokémon to use the counter shield
>Ash will never command Pikachu to use Volt Takle and Iron Tail
>Ash will never command Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on an Electro Ball to make it bigger, which was wasted on a filler episode
>Ash will never command Pikachu to use Iron Tail and Electro Ball
>>
>>30513861
>the writers secretly mock
They don't. The director of XY almost get fired for changing Serena's design and some animators were pretty sad about the outcome of the league. The "don't let ash win" probably comes from TPC.
>>
File: IMG_1911.jpg (48KB, 749x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1911.jpg
48KB, 749x537px
>>30514221
>TPC turns the dub to shit
>TPC also does executive meddling to ensure the anime itself remains in its perpetual shit cycle
>>
>>30514221
That's sort of the point here. Yeah I'm sure there were individual staff that were mad, but if the creators of the show at large actually "cared" about the fans then the win would've happened.

It's just marketing shit like usual. Excitable kids should fall for it but you guys in your 20s really shouldn't.
>>
>>30514196
>Pikachu with Mega hoodies will never be Mega Pikachu with many niches
>Mega-Lucario Hoodie Pikachu will never know AURA SPHERE and be part Fighting
>Mega-Charizard-X Hoodie Pikachu will never know DURAGON KURAW and be part Dragon
>This will all be possible through just Light Ball and choosing what hoodie for your Pikachu to done with Light Ball

Why even live?
>>
>>30514959
Wouldn't that be Mega Ditto?
>>
>>30504838
They wanted Ash's losing steak to be over
>but my literal who league
Nobody gives a shit unless you win a regional league.
>>
>>30510936
Tbh, Charizard should've fainted even before the giant orange shuriken. He also received a massive hit from the water-shuriken when they were dueling(when charizard was using thunder punch).
>>30510803
I remember thinking it was a bad sign when Hawlucha used High Jump Kick(and missed).
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.