[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I just put together this little chart showing all the type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: used type combinations.png (150KB, 661x661px) Image search: [Google]
used type combinations.png
150KB, 661x661px
So, I just put together this little chart showing all the type combinations we have as of this generation.
To represent each combination I chose the first fully-evolved, non-legendary Pokémon of that type to appear in the National Dex.

*Combinations that only have been represented by legendary Pokémon or forms/Mega Evolutions are semi-transparent, as I don't feel like they really "count".

*The lines represent primary types, while the columns represent secondary types. Combinations that exist only in reverse order are indicated by a little "refresh" symbol. I know most people don't care about the order, and it doesn't change anything gameplay-wise, but I feel like it matter for the "flavour" of the Pokémon.

It's funny how Flying has been used as a secondary type for every type, yet only used as primary/mono twice, one of those being a legendary.

Some combinations that I'm dying to see are:

Grass/Fire
Fairy/Dark

It baffles me that those haven't been used yet: Bug/Psychic and Bug/Dark
>>
File: IMG_6391.png (109KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6391.png
109KB, 917x871px
>>30488612

>tfw no ice bugs to give you frost bite
>>
>>30488612
>Decidueye is the first grass/ghost in the national Dex
>>
Why is Fairy so seldom used as primary? Since it's something that's more of a physical description than an element, like Dragon, Bug and Ghost, you'd think it would be used more as primary.
>>
>>30488916
It is. Trevenant and Gourgeist are Ghost/Grass
>>
>>30488968
Trevenant makes sense, since it's more of a creature "wearing" a tree, but Gourgeist really should be Grass/Ghost instead.
>>
>>30488612
This is the kind of autism that I depend on /vp/ for.

Personally I think Normal/Anything is a retarded type combo, because if it were "normal" it wouldn't have another typing, but clearly Gamefreak disagrees.

I really need to see Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Electric/Fighting, and Dark/Bug.
>>
>>30488612
>there has been only 1 pure flying type Pokemon ever made
>still no (insert unused type combo here) type Pokemon
>>
>>30490538
Bibarel is a perfect example of it making sense. It's just a beaver, but it leaves by water so much that it developed seconday characteristics, but it's not as much of a Water elemental as Azumarill for example
>>
>>30490714
then just make it Water-type? I don't like the Normal hanging around. I don't want to STAB with normal-moves, who does that. It's only a FIghting weakness I have to worry about.
>>
>>30490802
You're thinking from a gameplay/competitive aspect, which is understandable, but I personally don't care about that at all. It's meant to convey that the Pokémon has an afinity for the element, but it's still more of a neutral/jack-of-all-trades.
>>
>>30488612
As someone that uses bug types I would love to see bug/ice, bug/dragon and bug/dark, specially bug/ice
>>
>>30490538

the X/normal type for the most part means they're X typed, but not enough to be pure X-type themselves and have more basic animal characteristics than specific typing-characteristics.

exceptions are Drampa (is normal since he's old and lost his magic/mysticalness) and wigglytuff (probably wanted to differentiate it from clefable as much as possible during the fairy retcon) and girafarig (obvious reasons)
>>
>>30490802
>>30490538
Normal is... weird flavorfully.
Competitively, Normal is fine. Trade a level of Fighting for Ghost immunity and a pile of great moves.
As far as flavor, it's some kind of 'mundanity.' Normal pokemon are as 'my mom's ___' as they get.

>>30491093
This. So much this.
>>
>>30491487
Clefairy is a literal fairy, while Wigglytuff is more just a bunny with some fairy powers, also STAB on sound-based moves.
>>
bampu
>>
>>30488612
Good job! First thing that jumps out at me is that there's not normal/bug. That's really odd when I think about it.

I'm still waiting for Normal/Ghost. I would have liked Mimikyu to be that, as I remember seeing someone on here say long ago that a bedsheet ghost pokemon (like a generic halloween costume) would be great, and that's pretty close to what Mimikyu is.

I also want poison/steel. Kinda disappointed that Nihilego isn't that, it'd at least make more sense than rock/poison. I want an ultimate fairy killing machine. I've seen some kind of mercury (the element) inspired pokemon for it, which could be cool.

Also, I forget it's name, but isn't the bug/poison one a normal, non legendary pokemon and thus shouldn't be faded out? Oh, and for water/bug, isn't Surskit that too?
>>
You forgot the refresh symbol for normal/dark
>>
>>30495208
thanks anon, fixed it
>>
>>30494445
I made the ones that "don't count" transparent, and Skorupi is NFE and the only representation of that type, that's why I did that.

And notice I said I chose the first fully-evolved non-legendary Pokémon to put there, Surskit is NFE. The first fully evolved Bug/Water is Golisopod. That's also why I put Bewear and not Dance Meloetta, as it's a legendary.
>>
>>30495390
Fuck me, it's late and I should be going to bed if I can't read. Sorry bro.
>>
Surskit is the first Bug/Water, not Golisopod. Since it changes type upon evolution, i think it should be considered as a "fully evolved" in you chart.

Also, why did you use Gligar and not Gliscor?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.