[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You mean to tell me that THESE are the people chosen by the guardians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 9

File: file.png (279KB, 1269x238px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
279KB, 1269x238px
You mean to tell me that THESE are the people chosen by the guardians?

>A fat guy
>a virgin
>an ex cop
>a farm child
>>
SUN
>>
But anon they're so much more (well maybe not Hapu).
>>
>>30485916
>Fat guy is a sumo champion
>Olivia was made Kahuna so she would never leave lele
>Nanu is badass
>farm loli is literally the only one who actually lives on Poni island.
>>
>>30485916
They're all suitable guardians to their islands.

Big guy is a strong trainer, is essentially the elder of the island, and loves the island and its people.

I'm not really sure about the 30 year old brown virgin, but other than also being a strong trainer, she probably also loves her island.

Farmer John is the granddaughter of the past kahuna, so it'd make sense for Tapu Fini to pick her, as she's probably similar to her grandpapi.

Nanu looks like he loves his island and the whole Alola, but I think the main reason why Tapu Bulu picked him to be the kahuna is because he just wants to fuck with Nanu. Nanu's a strong trainer as well, but it'd be more fitting for him to go around Alola, keeping an eye on everything so nothing bad happens.
>>
>>30485916
Tell us who you think should be kahuna Op, since you seem to have a better idea, don't you?
>>
>>30486059
The common theory with Olivia is that the guardian is deliberately cursing her so she'll never find/fall in love. Then she made her the Kahuna so she'll always be there, under Lele's guardianship.
>>
>>30485916
don't forget about the 11 year old kid who becomes champ in like a couple days and catches super top secret speshul other dimension mon with $$$$$$$balls
>>
>>30486166

Faba, Sophocles, Alolan Oak, and Bewear
>>
>>30486226
Bewear pls go.
>>
>>30486168
The common fapcanon.
>>
>>30486166

Teacher Emily, that cunt with the Stoutland, Spin-It Spinda, and the Steelix boat.
>>
>>30486168
Why would she be cursed in that regard?
As far as we know, there are no restrictions to being a kahuna, like having a family, because Hala and Hapu's grandfather made their own families.
>>
>>30486294
She's not. It's just something anons masturbate to.
>>
>>30486294
Tapu Lele's a jealous cunt.
>>
>>30486294
Literally just shitty fancanon.
>>
LelexOlivia doujin when?
>>
Hapu is literally the only competent trainer on Poni Island
>>
>>30486059
Well, according to what little information we get on Bulu, he's actually pretty lazy, except for when it counts. Maybe he just picked the candidate most similar to himself?
>>
>>30486226
>Faba
Let me just stop you right there.
>>
>>30486226
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>30485916
>weak to fairy
>rock is a shitty type
>weak to water
>weak to fairy
The Tapu plan ahead.
>>
>>30486609
This. The Tapu are on record as being pretty much assholes.

Hell, even Hala is apprehensive about Koko showing up against the UBs.
>You here to defend us, or just for a good fight?
Or something along those lines.
>>
>>30486538
Faba is LITERALLY our guy, if you don't identify as Faba then get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>30486414
Agreed. When,
>>
>>30486609
Actually, looking at it from a type-advantage angle... Fighting type resists one of Koko's only two weaknesses, and Ground is the only type super-effective against Fini's electric weakness.

Not seeing much connection for the other two, though.
>>
>>30486701
>LITERALLY our guy
>got outsmarted by a malasada obsessed autist
Sound about right.
>>
>>30486701
>Faba
>our guy
>not Buzzwole
>>
>>30486740
>Buzzwole
>A guy
Reminder that only female mosquitoes drink blood.

Buzzwole is your waifu now. She won't give you a choice.
>>
File: Why bother winning.png (1020KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Why bother winning.png
1020KB, 1280x720px
>>30486701
>Outsmarted by an 11-year-old that just wants to save the girl so he can stop hanging with the edgelord and go back to eating malasada all day instead of training.
>Constantly cries about how fucking superior he is when his entire team dies to Ghost, Dark, or Bug, which you are almost guaranteed to have something of at least one of those types before you even clear the first island.
>Gets wrecked so hard that he's demoted to rank and file, and only THEN considers turning over a new leaf.
He's your guy alright.
>>
>>30486763
Buzzwole is not a mosquito, it's a Buzzwole.
>>
File: 1480558590336.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
1480558590336.png
133KB, 873x623px
>>30486763
>>
>>30486718
>fighting resists poison
>>
DON'T TALK SHIT ON NANU
>>
>>30485916
>Hala is stronk
>Lele possibly thinks that by making Olivia kahuna it will make her more attractive to others
>Nanu has Royal blood and is the only one willing to take on Team Skull
>Fini didn't really have much of a choice, it was Hapu or her family
>>
Nanu may be like this now, but perhaps when he was younger he was more full of justice and acted like a proper Kahuna. But Team Skull's proliferation, despite his best efforts, has broken his spirit.
>>
>>30487392
...Wow, I totally had poison mixed up with bug there. I either need to get some sleep or am a total dumbass.
>>
>>30485963
>Olivia was made Kahuna so she would never leave lele
Wait why?
>>
based nanu
>>
>Kukui wants to create a Pokemon League to demonstrate to the world how good Alolan trainers are
>first champion is an 11-year-old kid who just moved there
>>
>>30487960
There's a bit of a theme of "breaking tradition" going around the game, from a meta perspective and in the game's narrative. One of the most common methods of tradition breaking down in a long-term culture is the introduction of an outside element, in this case, the player.

>The MC demolishes the region's Trials to prove themselves
>Then surpasses that by conquering the league
>Not to mention saving the islands from the UBs, cutting off the threat at the root, finding the ancient legendary pokemon (as well as its origin).

And then they go on to break down the culture even harder by capturing the Tapus and conquering the contenders from around the world at the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30487926
I would like more info to this please if you may
>>
>>30485916
Why do people always interpret Hapu as a loli? I was always under the impression that she was in her 30s or thereabouts and just a dwarf.
fuckin cudgel someone to death with her eyebrows
>>
>>30485916
I'd like to see you taking horse dick every day, anon.
>>
>>30488458
Her mother refers to her as around the same age as the player, so she's not any older than 14.
>>
>>30488488
That's not her mom, it's her Grandmother. Also, when did this happen? I don't remember that ever happening.
>>
>>30488488
>>30488547
Fuck, it took me a minute to even remember that you even encountered her. I'll have to fly back at some point to check, because I didn't remember/completely missed this as well.
>>
>>30485916
*In that order
>>
>>30486059
Nanu's whole attitude is pretty similar to how Bulu is describe as being. That's probably why he was chosen
>>
>>30485916
>island deities favoring virgin girls
Makes you think.
>>
>>30485916
>>30488673
>Olivia
>a virgin
She's literally the only character in the franchise that's arguably trashier than Plumeria.
>>
>>30488710
she's only like that because she's so thirsty
>>
>>30488710
>He doesn't know.
So you either skip every single NPC dialogue and do 0 exploring, or you just haven't played the game far enough yet.

Which is it? For science, please.
>>
>>30487960
They're skilled children though. Every games protag is "chosen one" tier. From catching Legendaries to making Pokemon breed like crazy, while having the knowledge to breed them with successful results. It's easy because we're the player.

And in these games, I feel like kids aren't usually looked down upon, except by the bad guys. Most of the good characters just see your potential I guess and encourage you. So you'd probably just be seen as a prodigy, not other regions thinking,"Wow, a kid is their first champion?"
>>
>>30488289
Lele doesn't want to be alone, most people avoid meeting the guardians because of reasons.
>>
>>30488944
Gladion I think had a line about how as far as Pokemon battles are concerned there's really no difference between children and adults. I assume that's not that uncommon of a mindset.
>>
>>30487926
Think someone in a different thread mentioned that Olivia says she promised herself to Lele as a child on one of those dates. Where she had forgotten, Lele had not, and made her Kahuna as part of it.

At least, that is what the threads here have stated. No idea if it actually is a thing.
>>
File: IMG_6587.gif (1MB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6587.gif
1MB, 150x150px
>>30486166
All four as Nanu so he has to go around every island accepting every challenge constantly
>>
>>30490722
Having dug up literally every NPC conversation about Lele and Olivia that I could, I couldn't find anything even remotely implying this to be anything but headcanon of some anon.

You got rused, bro.
>>
>>30488547
If she was an adult we wouldn't have met her grandmother.
>>
>>30487390
why does this image exist
>>
>>30487960
I always figured that champions pretty much always initially gained the title as eleven-year-olds and then just managed to retain it for a while.
>>
>>30488458
Why do you people think she's old? Bonnets aren't some age restricted headgear governed by the Hag Police.
>>
>>30486426
Also Poni only has two permanent residents.
>>
>>30490722
Olivia says the reason she can't get is date is because Lele cursed her, but she was only joking. Some anons took that and blew it out of proportion.
>>
>>30487475

I think they're all descendants of royal family, based on lore.
>>
>>30487466
Why does he pose like that anyway? It looks super uncomfortable
>>
>>30487960
>Kukui wants to create a Pokemon League to demonstrate to the world how good Alolan trainers are
>first champion is a KANTO FOREIGNER kid who just moved there
>>
>>30487475
Not to mention Nanu was on the UB taskforce and worked with the International Police and worked with Looker.
>>
>>30491857
who uses alolan pokemon, who trained in alola and whose skill came about from being in alola
>>
>>30491928
The only Alolan I used was my starter. The rest consisted of Kanto and Johto pokemon that happened to be in the region, none of which had Alolan forms. Had a Kalos tagalong in the latter half because he promised to behave, but even he was in and out.

Seriously, if you just go with what feels strongest as you go, most people are going to end up with primarily non-Alolan teams.
>>
>>30487392
Steel, dumbass.
>>
>>30485916
No one said anything about the guardians being wise.
>>
>>30485916
>Post-HoF rematch
>they STILL only have five pokemon
>>
>>30485916
>Olivia
>Virgin
They never said she was a virgin, just single.
>>
>>30493187
>electric/fairy
>weak to steal
are you retarded
>>
>>30485916
I read somewhere that until the point in the game where Fini makes her a kahuna, Hapu was a Trial Captain. Is that true?
>>
>>30493281
Nope. Hapu was going around doing shit with Mudsdale for the sake of doing shit. She wasn't even on the trial herself, she just wanted to see the other islands.
>>
File: 1480110808960.png (140KB, 535x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480110808960.png
140KB, 535x400px
>>30488710
She's literally trying her hardest to get the D.

Not even that works, she probably wishes she got raped when she goes back to her home every night just to get it out of the way.
>>
>>30491274
No? I mean, a grandparent doesn't automatically kick the bucket the moment a grandchild reaches adulthood.
There's literally no reason as to why Hapu's Grandma ensures us Hapu is a child. Age does not equal death, necessarily.
Hell, my brother is reaching his 30's and my Grandmother is still alive and healthy.
>>
>>30493305
How can she not have gotten a dicking at this point? She's not a horrible beast or anything.
>>
>>30493365
autism
>>
Speaking of the Tapus at length here, what natures are best for each one? I kind of get the feeling it's Jolly for Koko and Timid for Lele.
>>
>>30493365
Christmas Cake and she's black, both of which are no-nos in Japan.
>>
>>30493377
Too attractive to be autistic.
>>
Why do people say Olivia is a virgin?
>>
>>30493365
>implying that dicks are important

Typical ciscum.
>>
>>30493395
>Too attractive to be autistic.
I've met a couple autistic woman that were extremely hot anon.

They were a fucking pain to deal with
>>
>>30493428
Because it's the natural progression from eternally single christmas cake
>>
>>30493386
But plenty of Alolans are black, there's no need to single her out. And is she really that old? I would guess 23 at the latest (but I'm kinda shit at that stuff).

>>30493459
Well, yeah, there's always exceptions (who else would be the hot cosplayers?), but in general, all autists, male and female, are ugly as fuck. I think there's some connection in whatever genes or whatever causes autism in the first place.
>>
>>30487466
That scene was fucking hilarious. Briefly maintaining the pose and cutting to gladions expression.
>>
File: This is fine.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>30493482
No no, most Alolans are Samoan, Olivia is black. You can tell by her darker skin tone compared to others like Hau or Kukui.
It's like comparing option 3 to option 4 when you're picking which character to play at the start of the game.
Also, while she may not be that old, Christmas Cakes tend to start going bad at 25, which she doesn't seem too far away from.
>>
>>30493538
Fair enough, I guess I just think it unfair that she's represented like this for no good reason. She's plenty attractive, kinda silly to make her look nice and then treat her as undesirable. Cultures, man.
>>
>>30493586
>I just think it unfair
Her permavirgin status is endearing. it makes her cute.
>>
>>30492373
This is true, but only in the sense of what FEELS strongest. The old faces which are tried and true will of course feel the strongest because you already know they're strong. There are some impressive alolans out there which would get passed up on with this attitude, like bewear, and that fucking anchor who's name I can't be bothered to remember, due to a refusal to wonder outside a comfort zone.
>>
>>30493586
I wouldn't read too much into it. I don't think I've seen a single christmas cake character that was actually drawn attractive in whatever style the series had. At the very least the generic attractiveness baseline of the show. It's just part of how the archetype works in Japanese stories. Probably a kind of subtle joke too.
>>
>>30493603
Bewear is ugly as sin so nobody will want to use it.
>>
File: Olivia's stufful dolls.png (116KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Olivia's stufful dolls.png
116KB, 400x240px
>>30493365
Comedic effect. She'll probably be female Brock in the anime and dream about him and Steven walking into her lowly jewelry store, complementing her wares, and sweeping her off of her feet.
>>
>>30493622
You don't think they tried to make Olivia attractive looking? Looks like it to me, regardless of my preference.
>>
>>30493622
What does christmas cake mean?
>>
>>30493622
>>30493650
>that was actually drawn attractive
Dammit. Wasn't, obviously. Fucking negatives, I keep dropping those.

The basic point was I've never seen an ugly christmas cake character in Japanese fiction. I don't think Olivia is being singled out or different from the others with the same character trait. It's just how the archetype rolls. They're usually characterized as kind of unfeminine or unattractive personality-wise, though. Olivia isn't really, as far as I saw.
>>
>>30493602
>>30493622
>>30493634
All of that makes sense, and since I don't know too much about this archetype, I'll just believe that.
>>
>>30493603
With the encounter rates on Bewear and the Anchor, it's entirely likely that Lusamine/E4 Acerola are going to be the first times that most players see either of those, unless you intentionally spend hours and hours grinding for them. If you're going that hard in, you probably are building your team based on statblocks or your favorites anyway, and don't care about how strong something feels.

What's worse is that the encounter rates on most Alolan mons are pretty damn low, outside of a couple of Alolan forms, Yungoos, and Pikipek. Of course you're going to end up with mostly non-Alolan pokemon: Those are the ones you SEE.
>>
>>30493666
In Japan, it's not unusual to buy/make a cake at Christmas time.

Nobody wants it after the 25th.

Since Christmas is strongly billed as a romantic/couples holiday in Japan, this is also applied to women. Thus, a woman at or over 25 is a Christmas Cake, and thus unsuitable for marriage.
>>
>>30493666
Unmarried woman over 25. Japan as a culture seems to think that if they've gotten that long without marriage then SOMETHING has to be wrong with them. There's a lot of cake-based jokes in Japanese media.
>>
>>30488289
Lele is very lazy. She thinks that humans get old and die if they do certain things like butterfly. So she makes the single Olivia forever alone so she never reproduces and die like a butterfly. That way Lele doesn't need to choose a kahuna ever again.
>>
>a weird masked circus freak
>a generic muscle guy
>an ex-gym leader who was like the easiest one in his region
>a vegan hippie
>a hipster edgy faggot with a cape

These are supposed to be their elite 4 and champion? No wonder kanto/johto sucked
>>
>>30493724
>Lele is Lazy
>Mixing up Lele with Fini and Bulu.
>>
OP is probably one of those faggots that spams B through all the cutscenes because he has AHD.

Hapu was chosen because besides her grandmother, she's the only permanent resident on Poni island.

Hala is the strongest and most respected elder on Melemele.

Nanu is a wise and experienced veteren.

Olivia is the only questionable one. The best thing about her is that she's a businesswoman. She even admits she has no idea why she was chosen.
>>
File: Is this guy for serious.png (982KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Is this guy for serious.png
982KB, 1280x720px
>>30493780
>Lele is constantly calling Olivia up to the mountain.
Post yfw the only reason Lele chose Olivia is because she wanted a Kahuna for girl talk.
>>
>>30493814
>Lele chose Olivia is because she wanted a Kahuna for girl talk.

or maybe Lele just likes bullying christmas cake as much as we do.

>Olivia sits alone at a restaurant, shes been stood up.
>meanwhile Lele is burying her date in a shallow grave and laughing the whole time

tapu's are bad news
>>
>>30485916
Hala's son was chosen later on and fucked off didn't he? I'm not sure if Koko would go as batshit as Bulu in that scenario, but Hala did.
Now that some of the Kahunas have become E4, they'll probably need replacements. Melemele has Guzma after his training and maybe Hau as candidates. Akala has Mallow maybe?
>>
>>30494033
They don't need replacements, the Tapus are all inside your PC box.
>>
>>30494033
There's nothing in the NPC dialog that says this, I believe. I think it was Hala grooming him to become his successor, but he couldn't take the pressure and he abandoned his family in response. In any case, the Tapu choose who the kahuna are, so it's a moot point.

In any case, Nanu as a kahuna is probably the only oddity here. Hapu makes sense since both she and Tapu Fini got their asses kicked by an Ultra Beast, so Fini was probably a bit desperate to have a kahuna at that point. But Nanu? He doesn't look like he gives a shit about being one or Team Skull in general.

Interpol and Guzzlord fucked him up good.
>>
>>30494230
Nanu still cares, he just really would rather stay out of it. He's very much in the position of "in it so somebody else doesn't have to be". He doesn't care about Team Skull because he knows that for now they're just a bunch of punks nobody really pays any mind to. He lives near them in case they escalate, but otherwise stays out of it.
>>
>>30494230
I think a npc mentions Hala going into a rage in the Kahuna hall thing in Iki town. It apparently really freaked out Hau as a kid and they've both been holding back and all smiley since.
It being due to his son ditching is kinda an assumption. I also messed up with the grooming to be a successor part and actually being chosen. My bad.
>>
>>30493780

she was chosen because she was single and the tapu figured he had a chance with her since she was a virgin
>>
>>30493365
Tapu Lele cursed her no seriously.
>>
>>30494379
>he
>>
What's the point exactly?

>a fat guy
Because the guardian deities care whether or not the person they choose is /fit/? They don't.

>a virgin
Because the guardian deities care whether or not the person they choose is married, a sleazy whore, or just wants to be by themselves? They don't.

>a farm child
Look at the other options on Poni. I don't like Hapu but I don't really think there are better options.

>an ex cop
Again... because the guardian deities care about that kind of thing? They don't.
>>
>>30487475
>is the only one willing to take on Team Skull
Because no one really cares about Team Skull. It's a team made up of angry losers looking for a way to vent their frustrations, not a competent criminal force.
>>
>>30486059
Also Hapu wasn't chosen by Fini at first. She must travel to other islands and honed her skill to the point Fini decide to accept her. So the blood connection isn't only factor.
>>
>>30495395
Fini is just a cunt.
>>
>>30491274
I'm almost 27 and my grandmother is still alive and kicking...
>>
>>30491475
The line on her forehead and the shadows under her eyes.
Plus the whole cruising around Alola on a motorcycle horse and creeping on little girls.
>>
>>30485916
Olivia is virgin?
>>
>>30495395
Personally, I think that Fini only finally nominated her out of convenience; they'd both just gotten their shit wrecked by an ultra beast and Fini wanted a more capable ally.
>>
the only other person that fini could pick was the ayy lmao fairy captain (since she's a seafolk)

not a hard choice
>>
>>30494033
Bulu hates when people have dreams and try to do their own thing on Ula'ula.. Someone like Nanu who is borderline depressed and stays in the shadows unless actions are absolutely necessary seems like someone of Bulu's liking. Regardless of if Nanu likes the title or not.
>>
>>30494424
>has
>>
>pure maiden
>bad
What a world.
>>
>wanting olivia to become a sexhaver
what's wrong with you people
>>
>>30485916
>Put them out of order
You had 2 options for how to put them and you fucked it up OP
>>
>>30485916
Oh no, not a virgin.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.