[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ultra beasts come from another dimension >they are NOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 111111111111111111.jpg (95KB, 1001x401px) Image search: [Google]
111111111111111111.jpg
95KB, 1001x401px
>ultra beasts come from another dimension
>they are NOT pokemon
>they still have pokemon types, Dark/Dragon, Bug/Fighting etc

Does this bother anyone else? I'll buy that they can be caught with special balls and that they can battle but considering they're from another dimension one would think they wouldn't have the exact same mechanics as Pokemon do, ie; have unrecognized typings.

And yes, I am fully aware that Giratina is from another dimension but he is tied into the lore of gen 4 and connected to Arceus who created life or whatever.

Maybe this is just my autism flaring up.
>>
They're Pokémon from different dimensions, don't be a retard
>>
They are Pokemon, retard.
>>
>>30476529
OP you dumb A-Button Mashing non-exploring fuck.
THEY ARE POKEMON FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION.
>>
>>30476529
Also just as a thought, say they had extra dimensional typings:

>Pheromosa is Neon/Celestial type (or whatever, insert gay shit here)
>Although this typing does not exist in the Pokemon world you discover that Neon is actually weak to Dark, or Celestial is weak to Steel.
>So despite having these exclusive weird typings they CAN be affected by Pokemon.
>This would ground them as extra dimensional without being broken and add to the element that they are scared at this new world they have found themselves in
>>
>>30476529
they are pokemon

the reason why they require special pokeballs is because they have excess ultra energy. that energy is also why they go on a rampage
>>
>>30476552
>>30476638
>>30476665

fine, they are Pokemon. Why would they still have the same Pokemon typings? They're from another dimension, they could have literally anything.
>>
I'd say that Pokémon types don't exist in-universe in the same way that they exist as a game mechanic, and that whenever NPCs mention them in a way that makes it seem like they do it's the same as characters explicitly telling you to "press B".
Giving them types is just a way of making them work within the game mechanics. Their weird ass typing are just approximations to their "real" resists and weaknesses.
>>
>>30476750
I guess that makes sense
>>
>>30476529
Also, it should be noted, that an alternate ''Dimension'' is quite different from an alternate universe. Dimensions are alternate versions within a given universe that still operate via the same subatomic particles and laws of physics and thermodynamics. An alternate dimension might contain strange Pokémon like the ultra beasts or may or may not have mega evolved Pokémon, but within that dimension the laws of physics and gravity still apply in the same way that they do in all other dimensions within the universe. So, it makes sense that the moves they learn and types don't really change--energy, electricity, and flight all work the same way in all alternate dimensions that are contained within the Pokémon universe. In an alternate universe though, gravity may not even be a thing because forces there aren't based on mass or electrons but some unfathomable subatomic particle. Pokémon from an alternate universe would definitely have unseen typings.
>>
>>30476728
maybe they do have "different types" but they just figured out what it translates to rock/poison etc.
>>
>>30476529
Pokémon types are a social construct.
>>
Friendly reminder that pokemon are aliens.
>>
It's probably more like this:

"Types" are just our way of classifying the characteristics of pokemon, they aren't clear cut. For example, Magnemite was always a steel type, people just didn't label it as such until gen 2. So the ultra beasts are just labelled the same way.
>>
>>30476529
Dude Pokemon is a clusterfuck of ideas at this point. What do you expect? Every gen they try to one up the previous with power sink god mons. It's Demonbane tier retardation. Not to mention all the poorly exectuted formes they have now.
>>
>>30476529

UB should have three types instead of two.
>>
>>30478197
I kind of like how all the weird stuff from past games gets transferred over without ever being expanded upon.

>Here kid, take these DNA Splicers.
>>
>>30478441
>Here you go, take these 17 Memories.
>>
it would've been cool if they had brought back the ??? as a legit thing for the UBs and type:null
>>
>>30478177
Z-Crystals sort of throw that idea away.
>>
>>30478529
The memories were completely unnecessary.

I understand that they probably didn't want to reuse the Plates for bootleg llama god, but instead of creating 17 redundant items, they should have given Silvally the ability to change types with Z-Crystals like Arceus.
>>
>>30478441
>You seem like you'd like this
>Here's hoopa's bottle
>>
>>30478441
>>30478739
And the same employee also gives you the Soul Dew.
>>
>>30478441

I had to do a double take when they were selling the red and blue orbs at the department store.
>>
>>30476529

They are Pokemon, just Pokemon from another dimension.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.