[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Red is let's say 20 as of Sun/Moon >GS takes place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: red.png (321KB, 940x516px) Image search: [Google]
red.png
321KB, 940x516px
>Red is let's say 20 as of Sun/Moon
>GS takes place two years after RB, Ethan and Kris/Lyra are 18
>Lucas/Dawn begin their journey at around the time the GS trainer is facing shiny Gyarados, so 18
>Wally hasn't aged a day in the Battle Tree, so ORAS takes place maybe one year before SM, Brendan and May started their journey at 12, are now 13

My autism isn't powerful enough. Where do the Unova and Kalos protags fit? The only hint that comes to mind is the artbook for older Grimsley saying he's 2 years older in his cameo
>>
If we takes those "two years older" are from BW2 then by SM Nate/Rosa are around 15 and Hilbert/Hilda 19. ORAS is implied to have happened shortly after XY, so Calem and Serena are probably like 17-18.
>>
>>30465346
>ORAS is implied to have happened shortly after XY
ORAS happened before XY, it shows how Mr Bonding was formed.
>>
>>30465215
Is there a link to the artbook OP?
>>
NPC trainers use pokemon of different levels, just like you do
>>
>>30465215
If you hadn't noticed only NPCs that appear outside of the tree had redesigns.
Wally was just ported from ORAS as well.
>>
>>30465346
ORAS happens several years before XY.
What implies otherwise?
>>
>>30465215
>Wally hasn't aged a day in the Battle Tree, so ORAS takes place maybe one year before SM, Brendan and May started their journey at 12, are now 13
Isn't gen 3 supposed to be concurrent with gen 1? Or does this not hold true for remakes?

RBY/RSE (and remakes) +2 years GSC (and remakes)/DPPt +unknown years, maybe 4 BW +2 years BW2/XY +2 years SM
>>
>>30465215
>Red/Blue: 20
>Ethan/Silver: 17/18
>Brendan/May: 21
>Lucas/Dawn/Berry: 17/18
>Hilbert/Cheren/Bianca: 20
>N: 24
>Nate/Hugh: 18-ish
>Calem/Serena: 20
>Cock-kun/Chicken-chan: 11

Anyone I missed?
>>
>>30466140
>Brendan/May: 21
Then why does Wally look identical to in ORAS?

It is almost certainly just something Game Freak didn't consider though. Nobody cared about PWT making absolutely no sense.
>>
This shit is a fucking mess now. Did you guys forget Anabel? She is older but Wally is still young? The fuck is going on?
>>
>>30466283
Anabel is from an alternate universe where the Battle Frontier was completed, so Emerald, where Mega-Evolutions don't exist.
>>
File: Whatever could it be.png (407KB, 954x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Whatever could it be.png
407KB, 954x1174px
>>30466172
>>30466283
See pic related and think long and hard about it. If you're are smarter than a 10 year old, you might come to the conclusion that GF doesn't update the designs of Battle Facility-only characters, and that you're autistic.
>>
>>30465346
Nate/Rosa are the same age as Hilbert/Hilda when they start
>>
Realistically: They didn't want to update his Battle Tree portrait.

Headcanon fuel: Wally is forever shota
>>
>>30466336
fuck off
>>
>>30468733
Get mad if you want but that's the reason.
>>
>>30466172
it's because wally is a handicapped midget who doesn't age properly
>>
Muh headcanon
>>
Wally hasn't "aged" because Game Freak were too lazy to give him a new model/redesign. They were similarly lazy with the Pokémon World Tournament if you remember.

He is the same age as Red. The Timeline has always been the same, OR/AS even made it a point to re-establish that the events of Gen 3 still happen at the start of the Timeline.

>Gen 1 & 3 (Red is 11 here)
-3 Years Later
>Gen 2 & 4 (Red is 14 here)
-2 Years Later
>Black & White
-2 Years Later
>Black 2 & White 2 & Gen 6 (Red is 18 here)
-2 Years Later
>Sun & Moon (Red is 20 here, just conveniently in time for the 20th Anniversary! Whodathunkit)

This isn't hard to understand.
>>
>>30465215
Didn't they retcon every game previous to XY and ORAS?
>>
>>30468892
No, that's a retarded misconception of the Delta Episode.

Every Gen is still Canon.

How else would the couple dozen references to events in Gen 1, 2, 4 and 5 make sense? And all the character cameos?

The Delta Episode wasn't even the first time the Multiverse was brought up, it happened in Gen 5, and there was nothing to ever suggest that entire Gens were missing in the Timeline in any universe.

All the Delta Episode suggested was that there was a universe where there was no Mega's in Hoenn, a simple nod to R/S/E.

Retards took it as WOW EVERYTHING WITHOUT MEGAS ISN'T IN OUR UNIVERSE, I GUESS NONE OF IT HAPPENED IN THIS TIMELINE HURRRRRR

Timeline is unchanged, always will be.
>>
>>30468767
Come to think of it, Anabel's theme in the tree is ripped from Emerald, rather than using the ORAS remix.

IT ALL
COMES
>>
Generation I is concurrent with Generation III
Generation II is concurrent with Generation IV
Generation II/IV take place 3 years after Generation I/III
Black/White take place an unspecified amount of time after Generation II/IV, but it's long enough for the Team Rocket Grunt to have a kid who's grown up a bit
Black 2/White 2 take place 2 years after Black/White
Black 2/White 2 is concurrent with X/Y
Generation VI and VII take place in a universe with Mega Evolution, while all the previous Generations do not, but the events of the previous Generations (with the possible exception of Generation III's Hoenn events) are thought to have occurred in this universe.
Sun/Moon take place after Generation VI.

Now here we go
>Red's shirt in Generation VII says 96 (a reference to February 27th, 1996, the date Pokémon Red and Green came out in Japan)
>Porygon's Pokédex entry in Sun says it was created "roughly 20 years ago"
>Gold and Silver came out in 1999 in Japan, three(!) years after Generation I
>Black and White came out in 2010 in Japan
>Black 2 and White 2 came out in 2012 in Japan, two(!) years after Black and White
>Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out worldwide in 2014
>Sun and Moon came out worldwide in November 2016

So how about
>Generation I and III - 1996
>Generation II and IV - 1999
>Black and White - 2010
>Black 2 and White 2, X and Y - 2012
>Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - ~2012-2015
>Sun and Moon - 2016

A Generation takes place the same year its first paired games are released in, unless otherwise stated. Wally still looks young because little time has passed since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in Sun and Moon. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire take place before 2016, but at or after 2012. The Pokémon World Tournament is ambiguously canon.

Red and Green are 31 years old (11 in 1996 means they were born in 1985). You could make the argument they were "born" in 1996, making them 20, but that would make Generation I take place in 2007.
>>
>>30465215
RBY/FGLG/RSE/ORAS
>3 years
GSC/HGSS/DPPt
>??? (probably between 3 and 8 years)
BW
>2 years
BW2/XY
>2 years
SM

Red and Blue are at least 21; Brendan and May are at least 22; Dawn, Lucas, Lyra, Ethan, Hilda and Hilbert are at least 18; Rosa and Nate are at least 16; and Serena and Calem are at least 19.

ORAS is at least 10 years before SM, so Wally should be at least 20 by now. But as >>30466346 said Wally (and Cynthia) don't count because they only appear in the Battle Tree.

In any case, eternal shota Wally pleases me greatly.
>>
>>30469114
You should have realized you was going full retard when you tried applying real world dates to Pokémon.

Brendan didn't own a WiiU in 1996.
>>
>>30469346
ORAS most likely don't take place at the same time as Generation I. The technology present in each game is more advanced than the previous, so by that logic, Pokémon games are released in chronological order.
>>
>>30469464
Right, despite plenty of evidence otherwise In-Game, and even confirmation from the Devs themselves that the games aren't chronological.

Yeah, nah
>>
>>30469202
See >>30466140
He got every age correct in that. There's been 10 years since ORAS in SM, so Red and Blue are 21. Only 3 years passed between HGSS/DPPt and BW. Hilbert is 20, not 18.
>>
>>30469615
We don't know how old Hilbert/Hilda were in BW, but we can safely assume that they were AT LEAST 14.

I said "at least" several times for a reason. No protag besides Red, Leaf, Brendan, May, Sun and Chicken have confirmed ages.

>Only 3 years passed between HGSS/DPPt and BW
You also have no confirmation of that, so please don't act like you do.
>>
Wally is a facility only trainer, his lack of appearance change isn't a factor, he isn't canoniclly there.
>>
>>30469880
>You also have no confirmation of that, so please don't act like you do.
Not him, but yes there is confirmation.

Annabel says she woke up with amnesia 10 years ago, just like Looker did. This puts S/M 10 years after OR/AS, and thus we can work out the time skip between Gen 4 and 5
>>
>>30465346
The four protagonists were the same age or close
>>
Red should be in his 30s, no? It says that Porygon was created around 20 years ago in its dex entry and Red can get one as a 10 year old.
>>
>>30470511
>Annabel says she woke up with amnesia 10 years ago, just like Looker did
You mean the same Looker who found the same Anabel in Alola?

How convenient that a guy with amnesia became part of the international police, moved on to another region as part of a top secret investigation, became acquaintances with Nanu and a now presumably dead female faller, and then found another person with amnesia in just a few months.

As I said, all that means is that ORAS happens AT FUCKING LEAST 10 years before SM. There's still nothing that precisely tells us how much time passed between the two games.
>>
>>30470543
around the same age when they started their journeys, at least.
>>
>>30465215
Red looks more like he's in his late 20s or he picked up heavy alcoholism at the age of 14
>>
Stop that 10 years old bullshit. It's 11. It's always 11.
>>
>>30470550
Was Porygon treated as recent invention in Red and Blue? Because if Porygon was created 20 years ago it means Red could have gotten one any time between 20 years ago and now.
>>
>>30470654
Pretty sure ORAS Looker isn't S/M Looker. He's from a different timeline since S/M Looker never had amnesia. Anabel is from the Emerald timeline and her background is exactly like how we found Looker in ORAS. Which means there are 2 Lookers.
>>
>>30468733
They flat out say it in the game you idiot. Learn to read
>>
File: 1404818359651.jpg (37KB, 300x309px)
1404818359651.jpg
37KB, 300x309px
>>30470883
If ORAS Looker comes from Anabel's world (without megas) and SM Looker is a different Looker who's native to the current world (with megas), then why did ORAS Looker have an Audinite?
>>
>>30468952
You fucking moron. In this game, they say Anabel is from a universe where she was in the Battle Frontier, something they didn't understand because it doesn't exist in S/M

The Ultra Beasts attacked the Emerald timeline and brought her here. S/M flat out confirmed S/M and ORAS take place in a separate timeline with key differences to the original games. Fuck off
>>
>>30470967
>another idiot who thinks world/universe/dimension = timeline aka the order in which the events happen
>>
>>30470956
Maybe he got it during his dimension trip or something, idk. I believe that over Looker in the span of months going from having amesia to taking care of Anabel and joining the international police
>>
>>30471009
No you fucking idiot. The S/M universe still has the previous gens happening, except differences like Megas and Fairy types existing. and no Battle Frontier. You're the dipshit saying "hurr durr Zinnia and S/M are wrong"
>>
>>30470956
ORAS looker has an audinite in his coat. He is megaverse native.
>>
>>30471064
SMverse has a battle frontier, it just was in construction during ORAS. It got finished later.
>>
>>30471064
>The S/M universe still has the previous gens happening, except differences like Megas and Fairy types existing.
Are you high? That's exactly the same thing I'm saying.

And I'm not >>30468952, but he's also saying basically the same thing as both of us. That both the non-mega universe and the mega universe are basically the same, with the same events happening in the same order. In his post he was criticizing the retards who think the events of Gen 1, 2, 4 and 5 are "not canon" to Gen 6 and 7 because they happened in another world.

You should read other people's posts more carefully before jumping to conclusions and getting upset.
>>
Maybe wally is just a manlet or a late bloomer.

I know a couple of 20 year olds that look like they are 13.
>>
>>30469880
Hilbert/Hilda were designed to look like 16 year old. Serena/Calem were supposed to be at least 18, since they were considered adults.
>>
>>30471156
Or it's just Gamefreak being lazy. Like how they didn't bother to give Cynthia a new model without a heavy winter coat in HAWAII since they're going to be using it for the DP remakes.
>>
When gen four is eventually remade, how will things work? Say it gets remade in gen 7, does that suddenly mean the second and fourth gens are part of gen 7?
>>
>>30471225
>does that suddenly mean the second and fourth gens are part of gen 7?
No, you just don't understand how this whole timeline bullshit works.

DPPt, with Lucas/Dawn stopping Team Galactic and beating Cynthia, still happened in the Sinnoh where megas exist, three years after ORAS and a few years before XY and SM. Just like slightly modified versions of FRLG, HGSS, BW and BW2 did.

We just haven't seen it yet so we assume it was pretty much the same it was in Gen 4. DP remakes would just allow us players to actually watch those events unfolding.
>>
File: 1473512990986.jpg (430KB, 1500x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1473512990986.jpg
430KB, 1500x1525px
>>30471225
You just fell for the "everything before Gen 6 is not canon anymore" meme senpai

Here's a visual explanation of how things are. DP remakes would just replace the DP with a mega symbol on the third column. Also ignore the Universe A shit because I don't think that's even a thing
>>
>>30471461
Thanks, this makes more sense.

Also I didn't fall for any meme, I was just curious since I don't follow timeline discussions as much and was under the impression that the only reason 4 and 2 are concurrent is because of that tweet from one of the producers and people would apply that as a rule going forward. (that a remade gen is suddenly part of the gen it's remade in)
>>
>>30471647
>the only reason 4 and 2 are concurrent is because of that tweet from one of the producers
It's because the TV in your room in DPPt talks about the Lake of Rage incident like it's happening in real time.

IIRC the only new thing mentioned in that tweet was BW2 and XY happening at the same time. It also confirmed that Gen 1 and Gen 3 are concurrent but people already believed that anyway because of the Sevii Islands sidequest in FRLG.
>>
File: 1452671667611.jpg (34KB, 650x366px)
1452671667611.jpg
34KB, 650x366px
>>30471150
Looks like I made a mistake
>>
>>30470967
That doesn't change the timeline you mong
>>
Wally and Cynthia in the tree aren't canon
>>
>>30465215
>>30465346
If ORAS is canon at all, it takes place when RSE did, which was roughly at the same time as Red and Blue, so at the start. ORAS definitely has to happen before X and Y because of some continuity things it brings up from X and Y, and there's also a display ship you can examine that is from the Unova games that says it's still under construction, so it would also happen before Black and White.
>>
>>30470967
Maybe it's just Emerald that's a different timeline from Ruby/Sapphire, rather than the whole of RSE? All the third versions add story elements that make them impossible to keep in canon with the original versions.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.