[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who else was completely unimpressed with SM? For me this was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: rufftuff07.jpg (31KB, 330x250px) Image search: [Google]
rufftuff07.jpg
31KB, 330x250px
So who else was completely unimpressed with SM? For me this was easily one of the worst games in the series. Despite trying so hard to be the best story in Pokemon ever, it was mostly annoying cutscenes that constantly interrupted my journey and didn't even outrank BW. None of the characters were compelling except Nanu and Kukui. I didn't give two shits about Z moves, went for most of the game without them and missed nothing. Alolan forms were mostly shit and add very little to the metagame (at least megas actually had some kind of impact). The new Pokemon designs were fucking gutter trash, and this is coming from someone who found several Pokemon to appreciate in every previous gen. Starters were all horrible. The exploration is extremely shallow. No diving in goddamn Hawaii of all places. Limited fishing spots. Meh region. Customization inferior to XY. Festival Plaza is shit and nowhere near as useful as the PSS. No bike. I could go on and on, but wow, this is the first Pokemon game where I regret spending $40.
>>
>>30461245
>Alolan forms were mostly shit and add very little to the metagame
What is A-Marowak?
>>
I for one am having a blast and haven't lost my ability to enjoy games
>>
>>30461245
Nice bait OP
>>
>>30461245
I think it's overhyped and not as big an improvement over X/Y as it should have been, but I'm not really disappointed. Just wish there was more of a postgame with high-level training options. Why can't I fight anything over level 65?
>>
>>30461245
stopped reading at who
>>
Sucks to be you i guess.

At least, if you actually like inferior games like ORAS or XY you will probably have a blast with the Gen 4 remake coming next.
>>
Meh. Have to agree with OP, I couldn't enjoy this game as much as I wanted because I liked only a couple of the new pokemon. Feels bad honestly
>>
>>30461830
Hi OP.
>>
>>30461245
I really enjoyed it. You can tell the overworld was made with a lot of love due to all of the small details put in, for example the janitor getting mad at you for walking over his clean floor, and that mini corsola event on that one beach. Little things like that really flesh out the experience.

However this game suffers from "one step forward and two steps back." The dexnav was replaced terribly and is much less intuitive now, and things like the festival plaza were terribly done. Basically, most of the postgame features regarding competitive use are shit. But the IV checker is nice.

at the end of it all, SM don't really offer anything to go back to once new games are out. as it stands, previous games like ORAS are still valuable due to the dexnav alone. I dont think SM has anything that stands out in that way
>>
File: 1479953267425.png (206KB, 748x639px) Image search: [Google]
1479953267425.png
206KB, 748x639px
Retards above me, make way for someone who is based.
The game is both full of good and bad.
>Good
-spicing up the series with trials
-getting rid of Megas inside the story
-better character models
-new Pokemon are neato in design and battle uniqueness
-UBs are far more interesting than the last generation's legendaries
>Bad
-cutscenes up the ass
-not too much exploration allowed until postgame (even then it's not too much)
-no National Dex
-NPCs still look lifeless for the most part
-player's character is an autistic expressionless asshole
-some menu options take forever and NPCs still move slow as fuck (Daycare lady)
-NPCs will never have more than three Pokemon until post game
-Lillie
>>
For me, Sun and Moon were huge improvement from failures know as Generation VI.

But of course, I have many problems with Sun/Moon. Story and character were okay, I guess. And gym replacement, meh. AND NEW POKEMON'S SPEED. And post-game. And the numbers of Alolan forms...why?

I think Z-move ain't cool and cheap. I really miss bike though.
>>
>>30461245
this. so much epic win in this post :D

brohoof me fellow sinnohbro /)
>>
>>30461245
The lack of new pokemon and small size of the region combined with Lillie's prominence killed it for me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.