[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Thanks for getting to rank 54 >You've earned this:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: fat.png (45KB, 272x378px) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
45KB, 272x378px
>Thanks for getting to rank 54
>You've earned this: Fortune Teller (one star)

no really, why the fuck is this allowed? literally anything good i've gotten is from asking other players and spending FC
>>
Other people aren't any better.

>I know a goody shop, Ball Shop 1 star
>I know a food stall, Rare Kitchen 1 star
>I know a lottery shop, Big Dreams 1 star
>>
>>30454996

I've only seen a 5-star store twice and on BOTH occasions it was a fortune teller.
>>
It's a shit mode dictated entirely by RNG and hoping you run across someone who knows how to change their favorite shop.

I got lucky and started with a 3 star orange dye which seems to be the only fucking way to get brown clothing. Everything else that fat fuck tries to give me is complete garbage.
>>
>>30455109
I've been lucky and got 2 five star stores that I wanted (lottery w/ bottlecaps and a level-up kitchen), but that bankrupted all of the FC i had built up over 50 ranks.

Pretty fucking sick of the type matchup minigame but for some reason thats the only game that reliably yields a decent amount of FC. This entire plaza was terribly thought out
>>
how did they fuck up join avenue so bad
this game is so disappointing
>>
Wait until after midnight when it's mostly Japanese players awake. I've got lots of good shit from them and half of them seem to have Treasure Hunt (2 star) to easily get bottlecaps.
>>
>>30456621
they wanted to change up what they had in B&W2, which was miles better than this, wish they just updated that one.

But no scrap a bunch of nice things.
Like the movie studio, I honestly really liked those, way more fun than contests.
At least contests died in this game, and I'm so thankful for that. Dragged the anime out more than needed and made every female trainer useless because they always became the contest "dress up" bitch
>>
HOW DO I GET DYE SHOPS

I'M LEVEL 12
>>
Wait it's random? I'm now thankful for my shitty five star level up cafe.
>>
>>30458410
Pray to the RNG gods and then give up because they don't exist.

>>30458441
It's random. And also seems to be predetermined even before a level up. I've tried SRing to cheese but it doesn't work.
>>
why can't I add anyone to my VIPs?
I'm always online and have updated the guest list
>>
>get one 3star shop on my 2nd rank
you just suck OP
>>
>>30458812
From what I've read both you and the other player need to be online to add VIPs even though there is no input from the other person. And since it keeps the same set of players from when you entered the plaza, anyone who left in that time gives you the registration failed message.

Basically it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>30457783
>Treasure Hunt (2 star) to easily get bottlecaps.

Is 2 star better than 5 star for bottlecaps?
>>
File: 1478569102043.jpg (14KB, 216x399px) Image search: [Google]
1478569102043.jpg
14KB, 216x399px
>find a guest with a version exclusive 5 star dye shop
>not enough FC
>VIP them for later
>"Registration failed."
>>
why did they feel they need to design this part of the game like this?

It's all the fun of digging around an overflowing trash can while trying not to spill any garbage.
>>
>>30459503
>>30458812
the outside street is broken shit and has been since launch it's the same people forever.

to actually add people, go INSIDE the castle, talk tot he page person, he listed the ACTUAL last 50 they randomly picked, page them one at a time, there you can check them and add them.

remember, if it's festival plaza the solution is always either 'RNG" or 'what's the most roundabout and illogical way to do this?'
>>
>>30459554
the first time you use the 2 star facility (it's specifically known with that one,five star is literally 1200 fc to build so they aren't using the method to check) you always find a bottlecap, if you replace the house with anything else, then rebuild it the game assumes you never had the house before thus you 'always' get the bottlecap
>>
>>30459631
STOP TRYING TO VIP ON THE STREET.

it's broken and literally stays the same people forever. you have to go inside to see the page person to get the actual data. and actually VIP

>>30459891
they view their only real competitor as mobiel games, the plaza literally mimics the logic and grinds f2p mobile games use.
>>
>>30460173
so you buy the 2 star, replace with a different purchase, then buy again, totaling essentially 400 FC per bottlecap?
>>
just how many times do I have to dye before a dye store ranks up holy shit

I have orange, yellow, navy blue, and purple dye stores, all level 3 and all were from other people.
>>
>>30460226
pretty much. just make sure to vip someone you know has the item and remember the cost doubles if you have multiples
>>
>>30454857

a better question is how the hell are you rank 54 already??
>>
>>30460329
I have bad news anon. They don't rank up.
>>
>>30460329
They don't rank up, you have to get another by some random luck from Sophocles or by asking someone.
>>
>>30460329
never, nothing 'ranks' up, you just grind your level and he rolls a new store of a random type that may or may not be higher level, unless it's a milestone level, then you get nothing.
>>
>>30460363
>>30460365
thanks serebii for telling me that. oh wait IIRC that part isnt mentioned

but thanks to you guys
>>
>>30458606

>tfw got two dye shops, but then restarted my game

I didn't realize they were so rare.
>>
>>30460226
You can cut it down to 250 FC if you find a shop that only costs 50. I know the 1 star regional tents are only 50 FC.
>>
>>30460355
Not OP but it's easy since the type matchup gets you an easy 40-50 FC when you're playing with a bunch of people.
>>
>>30460355
I'm sure that's nothing relative to the autism on /vp/, I've already met people in the plaza itself that are at 100

I personally grinded to the mid thirties within the first few days of release because I assumed I would get more reliable and better rewards faster, but when I found out the grindfest never ends I slowed down and got one or two levels a day just to get the reskin option at 50.
>>
>>30460222
That's not guaranteed either, though. I've gotten registration failed inside while paging people too. The whole thing is just garbage and works against the player.
>>
>>30460409
That's true, that's what most people have to offer anyways lol is this feature ever shit
>>
>>30460430

how do you "grind" though? the npc people who visit my plaza rarely ask me a question where i can earn a measly 5-10 fc, and the 3 mission tickets you get a day hardly seems sufficient to "grind". when i try to join a mission the list is always empty too. how are people reaching rank 100 so god damn fast?
>>
>>30460408
it's not so much their rare as the broken plaza street (where most people don't realize it's broken and the same unchanging people) tot he fact the game 'never' tells players the top of the list shop is the one your actually sharing.

i actually suspect tons of people have dye shops, just almost non of them have it int he right slot. and even if they do because you'd only actually get the correct passerby data from the inside castle page, you'd NEVER see them on the plaza street.
>>
>>30460409
Actually, only 150 FC is the true cost.

It is only 250 if you already have a two-star one built. That doubles the price of building it.
>>
>>30460540

i started with a dye shop, but i don't have it set as my favorite since it's only 1 star
>>
>>30460497
for the most part the FC you get from other players will be negligible. Connect to the internet using either the GTS or the wifi symbol at the bottom right, play a mission or two and hope that you'll hit a vein of other players that start spawning missions by the time you finish your missions.

type matchup contest is the only viable mission for getting a decent amount of FC per round, so you'll want to only do that. there are probably certain times of day where missions get more players, like when the nips awaken
>>
>>30460497
you get 3 festival tickets a day fromt he hula lady by the castle entrance, you then can do a mission using a ticket tot host it, or a mission someone else started (the online connectivity for this is usually broken so don't expect to see them consistently)

if you haven't beat the game yet, ONLY do type match up quiz, every single other quiz pays off like '2' tickets and you'll never get above 1 star even if 50 people re doing it, but type match up even solo you can self 5 star it so you always get at least 25 tickets.
>>
>>30460633
to get 5 stars in the type matchup contest you just need 16 points, by the way, so don't feel the need to keep going until the clock runs out
>>
>>30460497
You get FC after a trade. 4 for WT and 8 for GTS. You have to talk to the person inside after each trade, though. Which is made slightly less annoying by standing in front of the spawn point before you start trading. Also if you have fortune tents and get a WT or GTS luck it doubles the points.
>>
>>30460599
I prefer the finding specific colors missions. 2 minutes and I don't get a massive headache trying to remember type match ups.
>>
>>30460683
which is even further proof of how badly designed plaza is because those circular tables clearly could allow a Que of people around them
>>
>>30460685
it's a very limited type combinations, and it's one of the only good payout ones you can do without beating the game (because that's what the game needs, MORE Post game lock) it literally becomes muscle memory faster than you think.
>>
I know nothing of the mechanics, but I started out with a red dye shop and a green dye shop. Am I baller?

In other news it's looking like we're /notgonnamakeit/ on the catch 100 mil pokemon thing.
>>
>>30460685
The "greet experienced trainers" is good too, you just run around and look for people with the message "I'm an experienced trainer" and if you find like 9 or 10 you get 5 stars. It pays out the same as the type matchup too.
>>
>>30460683
i've only been getting 2 for WT and 4 for GTS (and sometimes only 1 point). are you not counting the doubled fortune tents bonus already?
>>
If you can't get at least 13 on each type matchup game you are shit
>>
>>30460758
of course we aren't people don't 'catch' shit post game outside legos, they slut their 6iv dittos into everything. and outside of Ev training sos is tedious as shit and impossible with several mons

it would have been the PERFECT quest alongside launch day, but 2 weeks after, it's literally a dead quest.
>>
>>30460788
guarantee you ti's a post game only mission for no good reason.
>>
>>30460712
>>30460712
Or just add the points automatically instead of making you trade -> talk ->trade -> talk.

It's especially annoying because sometimes I like to go on GTS and just trade a bunch of trade evos to people offering the previous form with the hold item. But if I want to get coins from it I have to exit out and go back in every single time.
>>
>>30460758
I caught about 100, but I don't think I'll go for more after seeing we're about 96 million away last time I checked today.

I think 100 million was way too ambitious for the first mission, considering a large wave of purchases probably won't activate until christmas. Not to mention that the plaza doesn't mention much about creating a trainer club account and so on.

10 million should have been the number. I hope they realize how stupid they've been with this feature after their first contest falls flat
>>
>>30458341
Contests have always been a fun mechanic and side thing to do. How the fucking anime of all things handles a game mechanic shouldn't be the basis for how they do something in the game.
>>
>>30460818
my record is 24 but I think i could squeeze out 25 if I get lucky rolls with the questions
>>
>Big Dreams is the lottery shop that gives masterballs
>Sophocles offers me a three star lottery
>It's Gold Rush
Fuck you game.
>>
>>30460633

do you know at what time the tickets reset and you get more tickets?
>>
>>30460798
Just checked and I have a "You will have decent luck in Festival Plaza" fortune and have been getting 4 and 8 all day. Yesterday I was getting 8 and 16 with both a WT luck and a GTS luck.

So I guess general Festival Plaza luck doubles everything and the specific fortunes are x4.
>>
>>30461043
I got only 2x from a wonder trade fortune.
Maybe it depends on the rank of the fortune teller?
>>
>>30461043
What rank are you in the plaza where you're getting that FC amount as the default? I'm at around level 51 currently.
>>
>>30460945
I caught like 5, then got stuck in shit like sharpedo SoS chains that are just beyond fuckign slow and fail more often than not.

i'm actually still in the middle of one but had to plug the 3ds int o charge, ti's the farthest in the chain i've ever gotten at like maybe 12, the second a speed boost appears i'm grabbing it and running. if the chain breaks i'm just neve bothering again.
>>
>>30461079
oops misread a bit. But now I have to wonder if bothering with having higher rank Fortune Tents be worth it somehow
>>
>>30461037
midnight your 3ds time.
>>
>>30455109
Idiots don't realize that it's only the shop in the first slot that gets shared.
>>
>>30461133

thanks sweetie
>>
>>30460945
if they'd done the quest AT launch literally at midnight we might have come reasonably close.

but 2 weeks later, in a game where the SoS mechanic drives normies to rage and the pros just stop catching shit outside HA chains once they have their slut dittos. I'll eb amazed we break10 and flabbergasted if we hit 15
>>
>>30461069
I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it because all 3 of the fortune tents I have are 1 star. I also have a 3 star Johto tent, but I literally just got that a couple hours ago and it gave me mission luck.

If there's any logic here I can't find it.

>>30461079
Rank 33 now. Though I went up at least like 10 ranks yesterday.
>>
>>30461224
it's all random everything in the plaza is random and arbitrary version exclusives.

I honestly expect the majority of people will just give up on plaza shit outside the dye stores and lottery. all the EV stuff is not even worth it and can be downs easier through other means.
>>
Rank 30 and all this fucker tries to give me is Cuck Land and Soft Drink Parlor 2 stars every fucking time.
>>
>>30461793
soft drink is ironically one few the actual 'good' ones because it's 24 moomoo milk per day for 30 FC twice.

the bounce houses and restaurants are all crap.
>>
He just offered me 3 star purple and there's nothing I want to get rid of.

FUCK
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.