[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think a lot of thought was put into the type distribution of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: a how to guide.png (270KB, 826x625px) Image search: [Google]
a how to guide.png
270KB, 826x625px
I think a lot of thought was put into the type distribution of the alolan forms if you consider how underrepresented some of those types were in gen 1, where all these mons belong to
>3 Dark types because Gen 1 had none
>2 Steel types because Gen 1 didn't have them (But Gen 2 retconned Magnemite)
>2 Ice types because all the Gen 1 ice types beside Articuno feel like the type was tacked on at the last minute
>A dragon because Gen 1 only had 1 Dragon
>A ghost because Gen 1 only had 1 Ghost
>A rock type that isn't also a Ground type
>2 Electric types that actually have a second type (Seriously the only one in Gen 1 was Zapdos until Magnemite was Retconned)
>>
Not to mention the new Electric and Ice forms are type combos they've never used before.
>>
Well spotted OP
>>
>>30454576
too bad they fucked up Persians design
>>
>>30454576
Gen 1 remakes incoming
prepare yourselves
sinnnohfags BTFO
>>
>>30457999
i'm down. sinnoh was ok but slow and too "epic" for my taste. a really high quality reimagining of kanto with new pokemon would be spectacular and u kno it
>>
File: HNI_0032.jpg (115KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0032.jpg
115KB, 569x428px
Since they re-typed Golem, Marowak, Sandslash, and Dugtrio, not only does Gen 1 have a lot fewer Ground-types, but I don't even think there are any pure Ground-types left.

Onix
Diglett
Dugtrio
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Nidoqueen
Nidoking

I'm pretty sure that's it, right?
>>
>>30458425
Oh, forgot Cubone... but still.
>>
>>30457999
Platinum still holds up well, so there really isn't any reason to remake DP besides muh tradition. So does FRLG, to a lesser extent, but it's clearly more outdated than Platinum.
>>30458158
I get what you're saying. SM seemed to strike a good balance between the simple, effective plot of RBG and the grandiose plot of DPPt, so I wouldn't mind seeing GF tackle DP's plot again.
>>
>>30458158
The worst scenario is that they don't update Kanto and just fucking keep everything as it was, but in 3D, to appease genwunner bandwagon assholes.
>>
>>30458425
If we go back to Kanto we'll be seeing the normal typed versions of them, no doubt. What I'd like to see is Kanto-form versions of some Gen 3 or 5 Pokemon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.