[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there a reason why we're not able to bring this evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon_aether_new-1200x675.jpg (156KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_aether_new-1200x675.jpg
156KB, 1200x675px
So is there a reason why we're not able to bring this evil corporation to justice?
>>
>>30453140
>corporation
You answered yourself in your question
>>
Wicke is pure.
A pure malasada-eating fattie!
>>
Lusamine lost her mind
faba was doing lusamine's bidding
Aether employees were lied to about intruders
Wicke did nothing wrong and is pure
>>
>>30453140
Because only Lusamine and possibly Faba were being dicks
Thicke did nothing wrong
>>
>>30453140
The grunt outfits are absolutely disgusting and why are their arms + legs so thin?
>>
>>30453140
The corporation is pure, Lusamine went nuts and Faba is just a dickhole. The scientists did some morally questionable shit but they fled so whatever. And the grunts did nothing wrong and seem genuinely interested in helping protect Pokemon.
>>
>>30453208
>>30453228
Lusamine mistreated pokemon which is enough to get someone arrested in the pokemon world.
Aether employees also tried to get you, Hau and Gladieon killed. Unless the line "We need you three to convientely disappear" is supposed to mean something else, that's attempted murder.
>>
>>30453140
Because literally two people at the top are doing anything actually questionable. Wicke implies that they've been dealing with all kinds of fallout from Lusamine's actions. That probably includes any trouble with the law.

Besides, most of the rank and file is genuinely trying to do what the company presents itself as.
>>
>>30453140
Only Lusamine was evil.

Everyone else attacked you because you fucking broke in. They had every right.
>>
>>30453333
You forget the 3 of you were trespassing on Aether foundation property, of course they attacked you.
>>
Faba will get his comeuppance in Stars.
>>
>>30453140
Apparently it was run properly before Lusamine lost her mind, but I don't know why there isn't an investigation going on or why they aren't at least arresting her and bug eyes
>>
>>30453208
They were not lied to, there's an employee who explicitely says "now you know the dark things the foundation really does" and even Wicke is at fault turning a blind eye when she knew what was going on. Legally they all would be fucked
>>
>>30453526
Faba got hella demoted and regrets his attitude. The only reason they didn't fire him is probably because of him having company secrets. You see it a lot IRL, especially in Japanese corporations.
>>
>>30453140
Because like 1% of the corporation was actually evil. Most of the employees and staff actually care about helping pokemon
>>
>>30453407
That doesn't justify murder whatsoever, dummy
>>
>>30453571
No anon. They are all criminals. This foundation needs to be torn to the ground and all of it's employees imprisoned.
>>
>>30453571
Even if that were true, just from the public backlas the foundation would have had to be destroyed, lay low and maybe rise again with another name. With the things they did there's no way they could have continue operating as if nothing happened
>>
>>30453558
Wicke may have been an informant for Interpol the whole time.
>>
>>30453140
Because theyre not evil and all their research on ultra beasts and ultra space is too valuable to have them shut down. Its all probably funded by the same people lookers working for since anyway. And then theres all their conservation work
>>
It's like any company IRL.

They had a board meeting, agreed to fire Lusamine, and settled with the Alolan government out of court.
>>
>>30453582
>what is castle doctrine

Europoor detected.
>>
>>30453714
This. People saying that companies have to have ridiculous things happen to them because of a handful of executives' actions don't understand law OR economics.

At least 70% of the time it just gets settled before it hits court.
>>
>>30453208
>Wicke did nothing wrong and is pure
Wicke needs to be put up against a wall and shot like all the rest.
>>
>>30453140
The the Team Magma/Aqua leadership weren't jailed for their attempts to end the god damn world, I don't know why the pokepolice would care about attempting to rough up some kids. Though the Aether Foundation also tried to end the world, so maybe that kind of thing is just accepted as another average day in the Pokemon world. Maybe part of becoming a Team requires you by law to end the world at least once, which would explain why only Giovanni is on the run for merely racketeering and black market slowpoke tails.
>>
>>30453778
The bullets would just bounce off of those curves, so whatever boats your float, I suppose.
>>
>>30453140
I wouldn't personally call them for evil. The only person in their foundation that is "evil" is Lusamine, and that's even a stretch. All she wanted was to live together with Nihilego in the Ultra Space. Sure, their research may have been bad, but they never planned to take over the world or anything. I'd rather call them misunderstood than criminals. After all, they are still protecting Pokémon. Nothing they have ever advertised has been wrong.
>>
>>30453780
>Though the Aether Foundation also tried to end the world
Actually, we never knew WHAT the AF's goals were, or if they had goals at all. All they were doing was research on the UB dimension, without coming to a conclusion as to what to do with it.
>>
>>30453793
If your idea of Pokémon protection is freezing their asses off and unleashing unknown, powerful creatures with no study of their behaviour or capabilities on human settlements
>>
>>30453558
>>30453673
Wicke WAS an informant the whole time. She even helped Gladion and Lillie escape by asking Burnett for help.

If she turned a blind eye, it was with the intention of righting the wrongs eventually. Never thought I'd see myself defending fucking Wicke.
>>
File: 1480256171973.png (298KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1480256171973.png
298KB, 500x345px
>>30453140
Because fabas expressions are too cute.
>>
The real reason? Because if you don't bring them to justice Lillie and Gladion become literally the richest kids in the Pokemon world and you're their best friend. Lillie will be able to buy 20 fucking bikes in her Kanto adventure.
>>
>>30453793
Left to her own devices, I wouldn't be surprised if Lusamine had eventually invaded the world with an army of Ultra Beasts to take over the land for them.
>>
Pokemon logic.

I mean:
Lusamine slowly became an abusive psycho, everything went to shit as soon as she came in contact with Nihilego. There's an implication her craziness was just Nihilego's poison, but she's still an adult who made terrible decisions.

Faba was only doing as ordered but he wasn't doing shit reluctantly, he was fully aware of what he was doing and he liked it.

Wicke is honestly the only one morally innocent out of the foundation's staff, she even tried to make ammends by giving you, Anabel and Looker Beast Balls to put them in good use. Still, as someone who was involved with the whole shitfest she would still get dragged in. Sorry.

The grunts are also little shits that are on the same level of douchebaggery as Faba. They're aware of what the foundation was trying to do so they can't get away scott-free.
>>
>>30453140
>neither of the characters interact with each other

Would've be great to see sniveling Faba begrudgingly take orders from Lusamine
>>
>>30454030
Gladion and Lillie inherited everything and you're Lillie's pseudo-lover/best friend. Why would you want Aether to pay for what they did?
>>
>>30453291
Probably had to pass a measurement check by Lusamine's standards.
>>
>>30453823
This. Lusamine never mentioned ending the world with Ultra Beasts, only wanting access to their world so she can study them at her leisure.
>>
>>30453140
The same reason you do all the dirty work to help save Lillie's abusive mistress just to get Dumped at the end,Also the same reason only male villains die in Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1480593105303.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1480593105303.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
>>30454169
>just to get Dumped at the end
But I don't understand? Best girl decided to stay with me.
>>
Because they have the best style of any "villains" in the series
>>
>>30453793
Well, I had a slightly different take-away. She did freeze those other pokemon in her collection, and she was willing to kill Cosmog in order to call the Ultra Beasts. She said she wanted to add them to her collection, but didn't want to freeze them. She wanted them to rampage. She wasn't trying to end the world, but she did want them to destroy whatever they saw fit to destroy. It's only after she loses to you in a fight that she decides to fuck off to the Ultra Dimension or whatever. So, she was being an asshole at first, but then she got rekt, so she left.

As far as others in the organization knowing, some certainly did. There were scientists that created the Type:Null line in order to combat the UB. They made the Beast Balls to capture the UB. I believe they did experiments on pokemon, but I can't recall where I'm getting that bit, so if somebody else does, feel free to pitch in. Basically, they were all about pulling the UB into our world so she could have them. It wasn't evil in itself, just incredibly selfish. Her means of drawing them into this world, and her sudden desire to let them rampage could be seen as evil, though. And at least some of the grunts and many of the scientists knew what was up, but I don't think all of them knew. I think Faba, Lusamine, and a decent chunk of the staff should be arrested, but the entire organization wasn't involved.

I just don't really get what the police even do in the game world. Giovanni is on the run, and possibly the big hair dude from X/Y was arrested, but I don't know that anybody else in any of the games have faced legal consequences. I was fairly okay with this until every city on Alola had a police station. That means they've gotta do SOMETHING. Then interpol shows up to handle the UB, but they sure as shit weren't helping when Lusamine was kidnapping people and ripping wormholes in the sky. And if Wicke was an informant, she should have really done something when things got this bad.
>>
>>30454169
>dumped

That's fine, you still have Acerola.
>>
So how come that one aether employe still healed your pokemon an allowed you access to the PC.
>>
>>30454447
Not all of them felt great about it.
>>
>>30454325
>and possibly the big hair dude from X/Y was arrested

Lysandre? He's either dead or immortal but buried under a mountain of debris for eternity.
>>
>>30454482
Oh yeah. I don't possess the greatest memory. Thanks. It seems nobody really gets arrested for things. I like to think something happens off-screen. It's possible that after she is cured, she'll have to serve time, I guess. But there didn't seem to be much police presence when Lillie left, so they're very likely just free to go. It seems odd, I guess. What are they paying these cops to do, exactly? Stand around to fight you when they're bored? Most criminal Team activity is stopped by the protagonist of a given game. That means 11 year-olds are more effective at dismantling criminal organizations than the police.

At the end of the day, it's a kid's game, and the writing isn't stellar, I guess. Kind of unsatisfying, but what can ya do?
>>
>>30454595
Yeah, I the whole "kid bringing down a criminal organization" is kind of a staple of the series. Doesn't hinder my enjoyment of it and it was actually really fun when I was just a kid myself but all in all I wish that there were shown more people working to get the bad guys rather than mostly seeing the protagonist do everything. It's why the Looker missions are some of my favorite quests in the games and why I love Looker in general.
>>
>>30454361
Yeah,Acerola and Lana are superior girls.
>>
File: Grills.jpg (165KB, 1275x906px) Image search: [Google]
Grills.jpg
165KB, 1275x906px
>>30455096
>>
>>30453140

Because it was basically Lusamine being a bitch. The rest of them are innocent, although Faba's a faggot.
>>
>>30455134

This is a fantastic picture.
>>
>>30453188
FPBP
>>
>>30455192
A handful of the regular employees were also faggots, like those ones who threatened to make you "disappear", or that one female employee who just wanted to beat you for the fight money.
>>
Lusamine wasn't even just "evil" for the sake of it. Her husband disappeared and she became obsessed with the thing that took him away.
>>
File: 1479954334979.png (57KB, 188x234px) Image search: [Google]
1479954334979.png
57KB, 188x234px
>>30454361
Why would you want an annoying noise?
>>
>>30454482
A better question is what the XY protagonist is going to do with their immortality. Are they going to become a hobo like Az?
>>
>>30455371

The one that wanted to make you disappear was just doing his job, and the one who wanted the fight money is just enterprising.
>>
>>30455371

Tell me you never fought any of the trainers for the prize money, like the Elite 4.
>>
>>30455483
>>30455502
They were still being particularly dickish about it. That makes them about as bad as Faba, morally speaking.
>>
>>30454595
Charon and Ghetsis are both arrested by the end of Platinum and B2W2.

>>30455005
I think some newer games are starting to head in that direction. SM was all about how the protagonist is being helped by all the kahunas and trial captains, Platinum has the protagonist basically be recruited into the International Police, and the gen 5 games did finally show the gym leaders actually get involved in protecting their region.

It's a slow climb, but I think they are trying to show in-story that there's more things going on in the pokemon world than the protagonist's journey.

>>30453823
>>30454130
You guys are forgetting the part where Lusamine deliberately unleashed Ultra Beasts into the world, and fully expected them to destroy part of, if not all of Alola.

She knew exactly what the consequences of her actions were, it's just that in her state, she saw the world as not worthy of her love, and so had no problem if it died and was replaced by the Ultra Beasts. It wasn't until she was defeated that she decided to jump ship, and just head to their dimension.
>>
>>30455614

You would be cordial with a trespasser on your property that you'd paid to defend, especially when that trespasser is threatening your bread and butter?
>>
Wicke is a precious angel and I love her.
>>
>>30453140

wicke will never sit on your face
>>
>>30455623
I personally hate this Interpol shit they've been forcing. Spy shit and top secret wanking nonsense, you might as well be working with an evil team yourself.
>>
>>30455623
Yeah, I think it'd be pretty cool if in some future game you start off already working with someone like Looker or Interpol. That'd be pretty neat.
>>
>>30455829
Looker, Nanu, and Annabel even call out that Interpol itself does some evil and shady shit. They're not going to do that unless you overthrow/clean up Interpol during the plot.
>>
>>30455677
They pretty much threatened to kill eleven year olds. Besides, I find it hard to believe that guys with grins that smug and malicious are totally morally upstanding.
>>
>>30455829
While that would be cool, I doubt we'll have a game where the protagonist starts off as already being a rookie cop or agent (even though that would be cool).

However, it could be possible to have the player join Looker or Interpol in a more official manner than it happened in Platinum. Something similar to the post-game storyline in SM, basically.

>>30455867
I have to admit, that got me interested. It could mean absolutely nothing, but it seems odd they'd so brazenly introduce these greyer elements to Interpol. They could've just been the worldwide secret police who looked out for everybody's best interests, and yet, SM reveals they aren't against using humans as live bait for dangerous creatures, who they'll kill off if they prove impossible to control.

I almost want to say they might be setting up Interpol for a future storyline, maybe not as the villains or anything, but definitely as a bigger presence in a later game where they play up the "ends justify the means" side of things.
>>
>>30456039
Personally I hope they stop it. I don't want this spy shit in pokemon.
>>
>>30455755
:'(
>>
>>30456093
I actually don't normally like the "government branch being the morally ambiguous side" stories, because more often than not, they confuse "morally ambiguous" with "unsympathetic assholes".

But despite that, I like to give new things a fair chance, so I can't say I'm not curious to see how pokemon would handle this type of story.
>>
>>30456213
It's a shared setting, so the themes inherent in it are going to pollute the entire world no matter how sappy they try to be when fans backlash.
>>
>>30456246
>when the fans backlash
Or they can handle the story sensibly, and people accept it as a good thing?

Or the story just ends with the asshole Interpol boss being replaced by someone who is against such tactics (Annabel? Looker? Nanu?), and will turn the organization into a more reputable establishment.

It's all up in the air, Anon, and we only have our fanfiction to hold us until the next game.
>>
>>30456350
People aren't going to accept their kid's series turning into a spy novel.
>>
>>30456466
Kid spy novels are pretty big among their target audience. Kids love spies, and if they get the chance to play as one, then they'll eat that up. Make them pokemon master spies, and holy shit.

If pokemon wants to survive for another 20 years, it's going to have to shake things up occasionally, and that means messing with the main story. And while I do love pokemon as it is, limiting its appeal as "Pokemon is X and can -only- be X" will be more harmful in the long run than taking chances and trying something new with how you tell your stories. A sudden shift in story is much easier to digest than a sudden shift in gameplay, so it's the safest bet.
>>
File: 1467876898389.gif (21KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
1467876898389.gif
21KB, 150x160px
>>30456613
>Kid spy novels are pretty big among their target audience.
>Kids reading.

By trying to constantly shift around its tone and themes, pokemon will just weaken its brand. That's what happened to Digimon.
>>
>>30453140
There is a reason why the basement was only accessible to a few. As for some of the other employees, they were either lied to or controlled by Nihilego.
>>
>>30454595
If you want to be technical about it, the remaining flare scientists an admins were probably arrested, with Baldy's arrest and Malva's plea deal being the plot of the Looker side-quest in XY. But yeah, the big boss and probably countless other mooks are currently buried in rubble.
>>
>>30459382
Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if the foundation had a sort of company-wide ethics test (or something) for the grunts, where the better behaved grunts get to be helpful in conservation efforts, yet unaware of the company's darker side, and the rougher grunts that perform poorly on the test doing the dirty work for the foundation.

I have no clue what they'd do for the scientists though, probably a gag order depending on the level of clearance of each scientist. Hopefully the nicer ones get a project paperclip sort of deal.
>>
>>30454169
>Also the same reason only male villains die in Pokemon games.

But Lysandre is the only Pokemon villain to die in the main series.
>>
>>30454030
To be fair, I could imagine that the foundation was officially signed off to interpol (who would sorely want their data) in exchange for Lusamine's freedom provided that Lusamine was kept on a short leash. Lillie would be keeping that leash very short if she's apparently going to explain in extreme detail to her mom what wrong and right is
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.