[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Haven't played GBA Emerald for over 12 years >Boot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (493KB, 450x324px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
493KB, 450x324px
>Haven't played GBA Emerald for over 12 years
>Boot it up
>Lv 69 Swampert
>Swampert is an HM slave with surf, dive, waterfall, and strength
>Rest of pokemon are ~lv32

The fuck was I thinking?
>>
>>30452617
dude, everyone was a fucking tool when we were kids, that's why the games were alot harder when you were 10 compared to now
>>
>tfw the first dozen times I played Blue I only used my starter
>>
>>30454619
>must've replayed crystal 6 or so times using only the exact same machop you get in a trade
>>
>>30452617
I had to restart Diamond because I only ever used Infernape
>>
>>30452617
Dude, my Typhlosions final moveset was Flamewheel, Flamethrower, Swift and Return which is still a step up from my Charizard in Gen 1, fucking Fireblast and undeletable HM moves.
By Sapphire I'd gotten somewhat smarter about moves, but I still had 1 mon vastly higher leveled then everything else, only it was Sableye instead of my starter.
>>
>>30454770
I solo'd diamond with Infernape. I legit only used him and he was lvl 75 by the E4. Close Combat was the best thing ever.
>>
File: 1479042665565.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1479042665565.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>check my emerald save from around 2007
>blaziken, azumarill and 4 legendaries
>all of them have nothing but STAB attacks

every time
>>
>>30455026
Same with Platinum.
>Infernape is terribly overleveled
>try to raise them against the E4 but they're too weak to take a hit
>just decide to overlevel Infernape some more and have him solo the whole thing
>due to a combination of factors (low-PP moves ment I was struggling by the time I got to Cynthia, Modest nature meant I wasn't hitting as hard as I could, lack of coverage since I only had Fire and Fighting moves) I actually had to go all the way to 100 to beat Cynthia
I don't know why the age-old "send out thing you want to level first then switch" trick never ocurred to me.
>>
>>30455026
Honestly this was the only way to play before XY. Grinding your entire team to playable levels was a chore. Its much easier just to soak up everything with 1 super overpowered mon and tank everything.
>>
kek my Infernape have Cut
>>
>>30452617
I didn't know to jump off the light house in HGSS and was stuck for 3 months and 2 level 100 pokemon
>>
>>30457422
How do you grind to 100 at that point in the game even??
Also were you a kid when HGSS came out? Geez...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.