[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I appreciate that they are changing the gym formula after all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Pastoriagym2-1-.png (12KB, 416x548px) Image search: [Google]
Pastoriagym2-1-.png
12KB, 416x548px
I appreciate that they are changing the gym formula after all this time, but honestly most of the Trials just felt like half-assed versions of the Gym puzzles we're used to
>>
I don't disagree
>>
I disagree
>>
>>30450203
Trials just feel like a more natural flowing gym to me as well.
It really is the same thing, they just changed the context surrounding it.
>>
>>30450203
Yeah, agreed.
I really wish Game Freak would actually bother turning future Trials into full-fledged dungeons, maybe even integrating Poke-Rides into them more: we could meet the Ride Pokemon IN the Trial instead of just randomly afterwards, and then use them to solve it, Zelda style.

Trials are miles better than the Gym formula for the most part, and I appreciate that Trials actually feel like part of the world more than just some random building in the middle of town ever did, but they need some polish.
>>
>>30450203
I liked the trials. And they were harder than Gym Leaders, if only for the buffs.
>>
>>30450590
I think it's pretty clear Game Freak is moving away from dungeons in general, with the way they were gimped in Gen 6 and even further gimped here in Gen 7.
>>
>>30450590
I feel like Vast Poni Canyon in it's entirety was part of the Dragon Trial, since it's kinda the 'true' victory road of the game. You used a ton of Pokemon Rides. I wish there were a few more areas like that desu, because it was pretty cool.

That being said, Kiawe, Acerola's and Mallow's trials were pretty cool. Had Lush Jungle been bigger, it'd be amazing. The rest were kinda 'meh'.
>>
>>30450746
I liked Verdant Cavern's environment better than Lush Jungle but maybe that's just me
>>
>>30450203
yeah most of the trials were about walking from point A to B or just comic relief like the Kiawe one, not like gym puzzle were any complex at all but i was always interested in seeing what new gimmicks they could come up with each new gen
>>
Trials are better than gyms but I'd prefer of we had both.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.