[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, I just liked XY a lot more than the SM games...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Ken Sugimori.png (246KB, 302x576px) Image search: [Google]
Ken Sugimori.png
246KB, 302x576px
I'm sorry, I just liked XY a lot more than the SM games...
>hordes were better
>new unique battle types like inverse battles
>leveling up has never been easier
>better anime
>EVs were easier
>Battle Maison, flawed, but alright
>friend safaris oh god please bring them back
>rollar blades weren't that bad
>mega fucking evolutions most hype shit jn the franchise
>serena and shauna
>the game being easier allowed me to beat the games faster to get straight to competitive
>cutscenes weren't intrusive
>lysandre had lots of potential
>it had a bicycle
The list goes on...
>>
It alright but don't write shit like it is a fact.
Also:
>XY are better games than XY
>proceeds to say XY got a better anime
>Shauna being a good character
>Lysandre had lots of (wasted) potential
>>
Responding as someone who loves Generation VI.

>hordes were better
Debatable. The ability to use Adrenaline Orbs to force an SOS chain is a pretty solid improvement over the unpredictability of hordes, as is the fact that you can keep it going for longer. On the other hand, the fact that there's no good way to STOP Pokémon from calling for help is a definite minus.

>new unique battle types like inverse battles
Sun/Moon has Battle Royale. To be frank, I've never really cared that much about the alternate battle types, though.

>leveling up has never been easier
...is that a plus? I don't know, I don't feel like the actual numerical level I'm at is that important. I've really liked the leveling curve in Sun/Moon--combining the XY Exp Share with BW experience calculation was enius.

>better anime
A turd covered in rhinestones is still a turd.

>EVs were easier
Agreed, I really miss super training.

>Battle Maison, flawed, but alright
From what I've heard, Battle Tree isn't really that different.

>friend safaris oh god please bring them back
Agreed.

>rollar blades weren't that bad
"wasn't that bad" doesn't mean "was good." Frankly, the roller blades were unmemorable and a useless addition.

>mega fucking evolutions most hype shit jn the franchise
Agreed, I miss being hype about potential megas for bromons.

>serena and shauna
Eh. I feel like Chicken-chan has more customization than I could ever manage with Serena's appearance. Shauna was cute, admittedly.

>the game being easier allowed me to beat the games faster to get straight to competitive
The game being over faster is a minus for me. I like to actually enjoy the journey.

>cutscenes weren't intrusive
This was really only a problem on Melemele Island, but, god, it really is a slow start. Still, as the game progressed, I really appreciated how they used them to convey the story.
>>
>>30446378
>>30446836
>lysandre had lots of potential
...none of which was executed on. If we accept "Lysandre had potential" as an argument for the merits of XY, then we have to also talk about how great the golf course in Sun/Moon is.

In fact, arguably, the fact that Lysandre had potential is an argument AGAINST XY. That potential was squandered. Team Flare ended up as one of the least logical villainous groups, and that's including Team "Hoenn Needs More Water" Aqua.

Lusamine executes on the potential of a beautiful, seemingly-benevolent scientist with world-changing ideas who just happens to be obsessive and self-absorbed. Lysandre utterly fails at it.

>it had a bicycle
Tauros is literally a bicycle with rock smash stapled to it, get your head out of your ass. Though the stupid outfit you have to wear for Pokéride is admittedly garbage
>>
>>30446378
*unsubscribes from your blog*
>>
>>30446902
Oh yeah, I forgot
>no one path for breeding eggs meaning you have to potentially break your circle pad constantly going in a circle
Also the bike is faster. You have to hold B to get better speeds on tauros
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.