[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This means that even if you have a Pokémon found in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: game freak.jpg (100KB, 1263x391px) Image search: [Google]
game freak.jpg
100KB, 1263x391px
>This means that even if you have a Pokémon found in the Alola Regional Pokédex from a previous game, you'll have to catch it again in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon for it to be eligible for competition.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice,shame on me.

I've played legit all my life, but not anymore. I'm done breeding things that I already have.

Why is TPCi/Game Freak so adamant about wasting people's time? Do they think that they're stopping hacks by doing this? I'd say it's having the opposite effect.

If this was kept to the VGC I wouldn't care, but even Battle Spot? Eat a dick, GF.

How can you legitfags defend this?
>>
File: 1479320187725.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1479320187725.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>not injecting perfect IV parents with egg moves to breed for a legit offspring
>>
>>30444561
>You need to play the new game to play competitively
>>
>>30444561
They think this will make you equeal.
>>
I really hate the blue penta/black cross, it's a fake sense of "legit", which basically forces legit players to waste hours re-breeding pokemon they already have in order to compete.
>>
>>30444561
Is this for ranked or unranked because battle spot was the same last gen but for ranked
>>
>>30444601
shut up ray rizzo
>>
>>30444561
Huh?
>>
>>30444731
Both.

You won't be able to use pentagon mons in SM's ranked.

>>30444601
If I'd do that, might as well just go all the way and inject the whole team.
>>
>>30445000
To correct, it's for ranked and for the WCS ladder.

I'm sure that unranked will still allow old mons, but I can't even get a good match on unranked.
>>
>>30444561
Just import it and breed it again or keep the parents for future games
>>
You can use pentagon on ranked
>>
>>30444666
I know. Half of these are my ORAS Salamences, and the other half are my gen 5 and 4 Salamences.
>>
>>30444561
You have to use hackedmon to stay competitive.

If 8/10 of other players are using hackedmon why give yourself a handicap.
>>
>>30444601
The offspring wil never truely be legit, for it was only possible due to injecing both, or even just one of the parents.

At that point, you should just inject the mons you want to use or breed using legit mons on-game.

There's no in-between.
>>
>Make players rebreed their pokes for competitive
>Don't even have the good will to at least show IVs and EVs with numbers ingame

Who even makes these dumb decisions
>>
>>30445075
I've tried it right now with a Gyarados and was blocked off.

Did you read this somewhere? This would help soften the blow.
>>
My biggest problem is how annoying it is to level up your pokemon to even reach the lvl 50 requirement.
>>
>>30444561
Wait so people can't use pokemon that they will be trading up through pokebank?

I'm not super into competitive but I was going to start. Someone explain.
>>
>>30446324
Yeah, No Guard Fissure Machamps will be extant, but non usable.
>>
>>30446324
>Cant use Pokebank mons

So what of those gotten from events like Meloetta/Arceus from the other day in X/Y/ORAS?
>>
>>30445186
>The offspring wil never truely be legit, for it was only possible due to injecing both
why? because you say so?
>>
>>30446547
>So what of those gotten from events like Meloetta/Arceus from the other day in X/Y/ORAS?

They aren't ever allowed in GF's ranked ladders, but you'll be able to use them in free battles.
>>
File: 1480441758462.jpg (68KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480441758462.jpg
68KB, 900x675px
Didn't they already do this in Gen 6?
It was clear this was the path they were gonna take, if you supported them then you might as well go fuck yourself now. I didn't then. I just want to use my old fucking pokemon from past gens, is it too much to ask?
Make me forcibly unlearn some of their moves to use them if you're so anal about it Gamefreak.
>>
>>30446499
OK so basically only sun / moon attack sets can exist? Egg moves and stuff from sun / moon work but transfer only moves dont?
>>
It would be a little more compelling if there weren't already shit tons of injected mons.
>>30445341
Unless bank has recently gone up for Sun/Moon it should be blocked no matter what, but he might just be completely wrong
>>
>>30447043
Only in ORAS. I could still use my old mons in XY's ranked.

I really hoped that they would take a clue and leave this crap for VGC, but oh well... I'd rather hack than breed everything again.
>>
File: 1462263869130.png (182KB, 1042x719px) Image search: [Google]
1462263869130.png
182KB, 1042x719px
>>30444561
>>30444601
>playing on cart at all
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 164x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 164x202px
Poor Beedrill, no move tutors for you. Hell, maybe even no mega at this rate.
>>
>>30445186
Wrong. The parents might have been genned, but with breeding the game creates an entirely different Pokèmon using the game's own rules - which means that everything that isn't legal gets deleted (such as invalid moves, abilities or stats) and the resulting offspring will be caught with a valid ingame method, resulting in a 100% legal Pokèmon obtained by official ingame means.

The only way you can fuck this up and obtain a non-legal Pokèmon is if your offspring inherits an invalid ball from one of the parents, as the game passes to the offspring any ball except the Cherish and Master Ball.
>>
>>30447503
Why no mega? If you're talking about missing mega stones I think they'll add them, I did end up fighting a mega pidgeot in a battle royale
>>
>>30446554
>>30447541
So it's actually okay to inject 6IV Ditto and breed them?

If your going to inject, just fucking inject your mons. It may not be official in game means, but as long as you don't inject Dream Ball Asligislash or some other illegal combination, it counts in game as legal, and no one will fucking know.

Don't try to be both a moralfag and an injectfag. That's fucking hypocritical.
>>
>>30449692
>moralfag
Nothing about morals. Just that some people think that there's some inherent difference between an injected 'mon and one obtained through the game mechanics. Of course, there isn't that we know of and we know pretty much everything
>>
>Do practice as normal for VGC
>When team registration approaches, spend a few hours breeding your team from old bros, e.v training them then pumping up their levels.

Wow so hard.
>>
It's bullshit but I don't understand people acting like they are starting from scratch. If you already have a pentaperfect mon, you can get a new one very quickly by breeding it.
>>
>>30449754
>>30449692
Actually, no, there is a point to it.

If you just want to battle online with hacked mons, then it's fine to inject and use PKHeX all you want. If you want to partecipate to official tournaments and such then it's a different story.

The reason lies within the trash bytes: pretty much nobody knows how exactly how they're calculated but it's sure that they're here for legality checks, and just because you can't edit them directly in PKHeX like you could with Pokègen it doesn't mean they aren't there anymore. In fact, they are still in the game, but they're handled behind the scenes by PKHeX now (did you ever wonder what the extra bytes actually are?)

Now, consider the following: would you rather risk a ban from all official tournaments because PKHeX didn't calculate well the trash bytes (and it could happen, because remember: you can put whatever you want in the trash byte's respective places and the mon will still appear ingame) or you want to take a bit more time and effort to get a completely legal mon to a tournament and not risk anything?

And before you call bullshit 'n such - it is known that some pros actually used this method to breed competitive mons for VGC and the like, so think about it for a sec.
>>
>ranked
Who the fuck cares.
>>
>>30447041
Fuck.
Well, guess I'll be avoiding Ranked, then.
Not like Meloetta's even amazing in itself compared to a number of megas and shit flying around these days, but that does leave me a little salty that I cant use one of my favorite legends there.
>>
>>30451299
Mythical Pokemon are banned outright anyways, because level playing field or something
>>
>>30445186
............. the benefit is that there is no chance of being caught for hacking you stupid fucking retard nigger. Nobody gives a fuck about " " " " ' ' ' ' m o r a l i t y ' ' ' ' " ' " " in a retarded children's game, or "playing with honor." Are you for fucking real? I don't care if the offsrping is "truely [sic] legit" or not. It doesn't make a bone's difference to me. I just want the appearance of being completely legit so nobody can say shit to me.
>>
>>30449692
>So it's actually okay to inject 6IV Ditto and breed them?
Yes

>If your going to inject, just fucking inject your mons.
No thanks.

>Don't try to be both a moralfag and an injectfag. That's fucking hypocritical.
... nobody is saying that? You realize any program that creates data is going to create it in a slightly different way than what the game would probably do. What if someone doesn't want to get flagged at a tourney for cheating? The safest method is to inject parents then breed. This gives a 100% chance of legitimacy.
>>
Anyone who doesn't either inject or beg for a 6iv ditto is fucking autistic.
There is literally no way to know if the offspring is legit and many if the top vgc players inject their mons/have hacked parents
>>
>>30449941
And then training it to evolve and get all the essential moves or do one of the other various evolution methods like trading or waiting on pelago to give you the right stuff.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.