[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many pissed off parents do you think complain to Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: kid.jpg (39KB, 468x362px) Image search: [Google]
kid.jpg
39KB, 468x362px
How many pissed off parents do you think complain to Nintendo every day about their kids not being able play pokemon online because they get destroyed by smogonfags?
>>
>>30443231
Zero
>>
Literally none, you think parents care nowadays that their spoiled brats are being beat by NEET autist at a childrens game?
>>
>>30443231
None. Kids, unironically, don't play Pokemon.
>>
File: 1470760806062.png (241KB, 256x465px) Image search: [Google]
1470760806062.png
241KB, 256x465px
>>30443253
??????????????????????
>>
File: 1480602273356.png (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1480602273356.png
40KB, 625x626px
>>30443253
I don't think even you believe in what you just said.
>>
>>30443252
yes, i think that a lot. especially nowadays.
>>
>>30443279
No, I firmly believe in proven facts anon.
>>30443261
What?
>>
>>30443231
Zero?
>>
>>30443231
>How many pissed off parents do you think complain to Nintendo every day about their kids not being able play pokemon online because they
pirated the game a week early and got perma-online-banned
>>
none.
Did your parents ever call up game company's support hotline because you were trash at video games?
You're an idiot op
>>
>>30443231
Virtually zero, but not because of either of the reasons posted >>30443252 or >>30443253

I've been teaching a sunday school for elementary and middle schoolers for the past 5 years. I play pokemon a decent amount in my downtime, and a number of the kids see me outside of class a lot, and they play pokemon, too. Sometimes we trade and battle together, and eventually start talking about the game itself.

The secret is that these kids ARE smogonfags, and if they aren't, they're casuals, just the same as the adults are. There are 8-12 year olds in my classes that fully understand IVs and EVs and how to get them better than some people on this board do. There are 3rd-graders that can say "You have a modest nature Scyther? That's TERRIBLE." and they say this at the drop of a hat, and without looking anything up.

Parents don't complain because the kid doesn't complain, and if the kid does then the parent usually just confiscates the game because they threw a tantrum about it.
>>
>>30443316
SOURCE or gtfo.
>>
>>30443279
he's right most kids play the generic yearly FPS's
high schoolers and college kids do play pokemon but because its cool to be nerdy now, but they don't know shit about competitive play
>>
>>30443335
I work in a preschool, and i honestly could see a lot of the parents doing just that.
Maybe not when you were a kid, but times have changed anon.
"Muh kid is specul" entitlement has skyrocketed.
>>
>>30443253
Mfw my 10 year old nephew thinks pokemon is stupid. Hed much rather play call of duty or halo.

I believe you are right anon
>>
>>30443351
No, exactly because of >>30443253. Kids hate Pokemon.
>>30443362
Source? Literally the entire fucking US. 9/10 players are teens and up, most of those are smogonfags, and 10% of them use /vp/ daily. In other words, 1/10 are kids, that's not much, not at all. Kids don't play Pokemon.
>>30443374
This.
>>
>>30443351
>The secret is that these kids ARE smogonfags
Holy hell, this.
Add to the fact that children have great memory for shit like this and are bound to follow what people on Youtube say, you get young children who know the games in and out better than people who have played for a decade.
My cousins have romhacks on their phones and they're constantly arguing about each other's teams.
They always come show me their games since they saw me playing XY a few months back. It's kinda endearing.
>>
>>30443387
>>30443351
The shitty part is you guys are probably the ones asking for lewd pictures of 10 year old pokegirls

Fucking disgusting
>>
>>30443467
Oh wait I know who you are, not gonna bother
>>
>>30443486
Nah. I like women.
Gimmie Cynthia doujins anyday.
>>
>>30443351
maybe we aren't autistic after all.
>>
>>30443488
Really, who am I?
>>
>>30443486
why the fuck would you assume that?
projection much?
>>
File: psssh nothin personnel.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
psssh nothin personnel.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>30443231
heh...serves them right for being children playing a children's game...
>>
>>30443448
>tfw he thinks his cousin's opinion is everybody else's opinion.
>>
>>30443231
Not my kid, because if he loses, I make sure nobody else will know.
>>
>>30443593
do you hit your kid when it loses at pokemon, anon?
>>
>>30443467
That's not what source means
>>
File: 1387914503586.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1387914503586.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>30443467
>Gets asked for source
>Quotes a series of blatantly made-up values, doesn't source them, and uses the "it's obvious" tone to imply that anyone that disagrees with him is ignorant or retarded.
Three strikes, m8. Yer out.

Thanks for playing.
>>
>>30443231
Kids dont really have the level of intelligence required for competitive pokemon all they do is mash buttons and go WOO HOO SUPER EFFECTIVE HIT YAY. I know this because it took until I was 14 to fully understand what the actual fuck I was doing in a pokemon game.
>>
>>30443721
Too bad, boo boo. Shut up.
>>30443772
Thanks for summarizing my post man. Glad you see the truth. It's incredibly obvious, it's a well known fact, if you disagree with it, you must be stupid.
>>30443847
Maybe today's kids, sure. They don't play Pokemon, too much to learn. They'd rather play call of duty. Just mash the trigger to win.
>>
>>30443772
>>30443721
I believe him, I imagine he likes to hang out with a lot of kids. Playgrounds, kindergartens, etc.
>>
>>30443578
The only child part of pokemon is the main game, competitive takes real strategy and planning to succeed in something that kids cannot do.
>>
None. I play my kid brother all the time and force him to sit through me playing stall. He knows better than to risk playing other faggots like me online.
>>
>>30443847
The internet didn't exist in its current form when you were 14. Sorry, bud, but you're old now. That shit that you took 14 years to figure out a kid half that age can learn in 20 seconds. All it takes is willpower and a computer, or even a parent willing to lend them a phone for a while.

Kids know actual strategy now, even if it's just stuff they copy/pasted off the internet. Hell, it's likely that of the last 10 people that kicked your ass online, 3-4 of them were minors. There's even kids that play Showdown these days, and play it well, at that.
>>
>>30444115
Yeah, I know. If only there was an online mode for kids to play and do whatever the fuck they wanted. I always feel guilty going up against some poor kid with a team of legendaries and starters.
>>
>>30444084
>anecdotal evidence

All the kids I know on the other hand are fine with Pokemon, and don't get remotely as autistic about it as /vp/.
>>
>>30443572
I assume that because more than half of this board is constantly drooling over ten year old cartoon girls.

Its more likely than not true.
>>
>>30444204
((((((((((((((((CITATION NEEDED)))))))))))))))))
>>
>>30444235
My severely autistic little brother doesn't get anywhere near as autistic as /vp/ about Pokemon
>>
>>30443351
>how to get them better than some people on this board do
So, they use PkHex?
>>
>>30444413
He meant they understand them better anon, read it again.
>>
File: Consider the RURIIIIIIIII.jpg (65KB, 908x622px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the RURIIIIIIIII.jpg
65KB, 908x622px
>>30443950
The thing about facts is that they're always written down somewhere. Find it written on anything even remotely reputable, and I'll concede your point.

Hell, I'll even take the burden of proof off your hands. I've pulled sales data on most of the games since DP (BW2 excluded for some reason) that Nintendo themselves published. The first three articles that show up when you google "Pokemon sales by demographic" all reference the same data published by Nintendo, and go into analysis of it.

All of these articles and the data itself will tell you three things:
>The number of 19-25 year olds that buy pokemon games has gone up steadily each release since HGSS. This is the ONLY demographic change in the past decade of the franchise.
>A decline of preschool-4th grade purchases and registrations has NOT been observed in any meaningful fashion.
>Younger children don't usually buy into remakes or sequel/third version games in the series, only usually buying the first wave of a generation. The inverse holds true for older crowds, who usually buy harder into third versions and remakes than they do the first wave of a new gen.

Thus, I can conclude that your observations are using narrow (likely exclusively anecdotal) data on the subject.

tl;dr: Stop shitposting about things you know jack and shit about.
>>
>>30443231
I once saw a hot milf returning call of duty in a gamespot because "the game" said bad words to her kid

she was so angry at the manager so I used the chance to sneak behind her and cope a feel of her yoga pants mommy ass before leaving the store with the biggest boner ever
>>
>>30443231
you mean destroyed by cheaters
>>
>>30445210
Were you sheets sticky when you woke up anon?
>>
>>30443253
Most of its demographic is no longer kids
Either teenagers or adults
>were old, aren't we?
>>
>>30444624
>going this hard to prove you are right to some anon on 4chan
>>
File: 1480551908769.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1480551908769.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>30444154
>Playing stall
>against literal children
>>
>>30444154
you sound like a really good brother anon, you should really go fuck yourself :^)
>>
>>30443572
I THINK it's just shitty bait. Best not to give those kind of people a (you).
>>
>>30445268
>being this btfo
>>
>>30444345
I want to fuck female pokemon, not girls.

Maybe some male pokemon too. Male Lopunny is always fun.
>>
My son is 8. He loves Pokemon. Or at least the concept of them. He loves collecting cards. He saves up his allowance for booster packs.
Sometimes he will play the TCG with me.
He hates the actual vidya. Its too boring. A lot of walking around and talking. He'd rather go play a sport. Its the same with all of his friends at school.
I'd imagine that most people playing the gameboy are NEETS.
>>
>>30445786
If a kid is a NEET then they're breaking the law.

Kids in Burgerland are required to be in school until they're 16 at minimum.
>>
>>30445268
Give up anon
>>
>>30444345
>>30443486
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>30443231
You must know from experience
>>
>>30445912
People confuses Hikki with NEET all the time for some reason
>>
>>30443231
Smogon. Kids. Good. Parents. Legit.
>autism
>>
>>30443351
^This
I saw my little cousin playing Pokemon, and got excited because I could talk about it with him and trade/battle.

I was surprised to find that he not only has a full understanding of the metagame, but had a box full of competitively viable Pokemon.
>>
>>30443351
Huh. So Smogonfags are literal children? Makes a lot of sense now, generally very book smart and knowledgeable but also prone to tantrums and outbursts
>>
>>30447879
A couple of the older elementary-school age kids I teach that are REALLY into it get into heated debates about what should and shouldn't be banned from certain tiers of play. They're still too young to fully articulate their arguments, so oftentimes it's them quoting different Smogon mods or people on youtube, or quoting statblocks in comparison to other pokemon.

When the same arguments happen on /vp/, I just imagine it's some 9-year-olds arguing over a table about why Aegislash is/isn't good for OU play.

The internet has really helped kids make up the difference in book smarts that older teens and adults have from mostly experience. They still don't usually have good personal tactics, though, so anything atypical will throw them off, at least initially. I can usually destabilize the kids' "pro" comps by just throwing something weird at them with good stats. I don't build much competitively and I'm not a stall asshole, so I usually lose to the ones running full comp teams, but I can still usually ensure I won't go 0-6 or anything.
>>
I'm sure there are plenty of kids that have competitive teams prepared by their older brothers like at the junior division of VGC.
>>
>>30448328
My younger brother helps me prepare my competitive teams. He knows more about this game than I ever could've hoped to, and I've been playing since Yellow dropped when I was 6.

I'm sure some younger teams are like that, but many aren't.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.