[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Leaf Stone >Ice Stone >GameFreak still forces you to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

File: what.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>Leaf Stone
>Ice Stone
>GameFreak still forces you to evolve Eevee through the Moss Rock and Icy Rock in caves and forests
>>
>>30441184
You think it'd be easier to retcon its evolution methods than shoehorn a mossy rock and ice rock into every subsequent generation. But we still need to use incense for certain baby Pokemon, so apparently not.
>>
>>30441233
>dawn stone
>dusk stone
>Espeon and Umbreon
>>
>>30441184
Why would they? Each new eeveeloution is to show of a new evolution method in said generation. Friendship evolution being introduced in gen 2, location evolution introduced in gen 4, affection evolution introduced in gen 6
>>
Is gen 7 the only gen where a pokemon evolved due to knowing a certain move like Stomp? That could of been a thing for Eevee, hell it probably will be for it in gen 8 along with whatever new method happens there
>>
>>30441184
GF has some weird consistency going on with that kind of stuff about evolutions, that no one seems to care about except GF themselves

>you will always need stupid unecessary incences if you want to get a Munchlax

>Dawn Stone + Eevee = Espeon
>Dusk Stone + Eevee = Umbreon
>Ice Stone + Eevee = Glaceon
>Leaf Stone + Eevee = Leafeon
>Shiny Stone + Eevee = Sylveon
>it will never happen
>>
>>30441864
a fair amount of Gen 4 cross-evos evolved when knowing a certain move. From the top of my head mamoswine, Yanmega and Lickiliky
>>
>>30441782
>>30441867
>Dawn and Dusk stones to get Espeon and Umbreon
>Not Sun and Moon stones
>>
>>30441184
GF has a really weird thing about retconned evolutions. That's why crossgen evos have weird evolution methods. Their mentality seems to be "b-but if you bred a Snorlax before Gen 4 it didn't hatch into Munchlax so obviously we need a whole new incense" and "b-but you couldn't use a leaf stone or Eevee in Gen 1 so obviously we can't retcon that despite retconning types and abilities and stats out of nowhere"
>>
>>30441895
that works too. Personally I find it Dawn/Dusk more fitting because of the color scheme but either one works

>>30441905
And yet they had no issues retconning a ton of pokémon into Fairies for some reason. Breeding for baby pokémon is a pain
>>
>>30441864
Aipom to Ambipom requires knowing a move, I forget which though
>>
>>30441867
Why would you even want a Munchlax or any other optional baby? Do they learn extra moves? They seem pointless as they are, though I guess Gen 7 let's you catch them quite abundantly.
>>
>>30441864
4 as well. Piloswine evolves if it level ups while knowing Ancientpower which became a level 1 move that gen instead of an egg move, iirc. Bonsly and Mime Jr. with Mimix and Tangela with Ancientpower too. Aipom with Double Kick and Lickitung with Rollout. I think that's all of them. And Eevee can't evolve into Sylveon too without knowing a Fairy-type move despite it having 2 affection hearts, come to think of it.
But if you mean gen VII only, then yes.
>>
>>30441905
this

fucking GF
>>
>>30441936
Yes, you get some exclusive moves through baby pokémon, altough most of those moves are shit anyway. Mostly I want them for Pokédex completion
>>
>>30441782
>sun stone
>moon stone
>>
>>30441936
At least in XY baby Pokemon caught in the wild were guaranteed three perfect IVs. I don't know if the same is true in Sun/Moon though.
>>
>>30441926
>Breeding for baby pokémon is a pain
This is my issue with the incense babies.

What the fuck is the point of adding "baby pokemon " if you can't obtain them normally from breeding? Considering that's why Magby, Pichu, Tyrouge, etc were added in Gen 2
>>
Changing evolution methods isn't necessary and could just cause confusion. Milotic needed it because they took contests out of the game
>>
>>30441905
To be fair Gen 6 was the first time they retconned stats (and types other than Magnemites line I think), so hopefully they're headed in a direction where they may fix everything Gen 4 fucked.
>>
>>30441939
Wait, Yanma evolves with Ancientpower. Can't remember what move Tangela needs.
>>
>>30442006
Yanma, Tangela, Piloswine evolve with Ancient Power
Lickitung evolves with Rollout
Mime Jr. and Bonsly evolve with Mimic
Aipom evolves with Double Hit
>>
>>30441993
Personally I'd just be happy if I could stop giving Pokémon incences to get their pre-evos

>you are now realizing Gen 4 baby pokémon are weird deformed spawn brought by Incense abuse

don't do drug
>>
>>30442028
Thought Ancientpower had only two. Thanks.
>>
Evolution methods are the only thing GF refuses to retcon.
>>
>>30441992
I think the first wave of babies was when they were going "little cup! Isn't that adorable?!"
So the babies were kind of to expand the pool of little cup combatants.
>>
>>30441995
I would love if the Sinnoh remakes were the ones to fix this shit considering it caused most of this shit originally
>>
>>30441932
Wasn't it Double Hit or something?
>>
>>30442060
I believe they were meant to show off the new breeding and friendship mechanics. That was the only way to obtain or evolve them at the time.
>>
>>30441989

My Pichu caught in the wild doesn't have perfect I.V's so I guess not. I doubt it was intentional, just them coding it so that Pokemon incapable of breeding get the three perfects.
>>
>>30441995
>and types other than Magnemites line I think
Rotom's forms were changed on gen 5 if I remember right.
>>
>>30441233
To be fair, it's kind of unheard of for a region to not have an icy area or mountainous area (for the Icy Rock), and you can't have a region without a forest of some kind (for the Mossy Rock). However the issue is the placement and availability. The icy rock being placed at the very fucking end of the game is simply not acceptable for those who want to use a Glaceon ingame. Admittedly I'd be a bit hard pressed to figure out where they could put it instead though since I think Mt. Lanakila is literally the only icy place in the game. My best bet is if they just blocked off the elevator to Mt. Lanakila 'til the game's end, but have a grassy area around it (and a small cave with the Ice Rock nearby). That way Crabominable can also evolve by the time players reach Tapu Village since that's another location based evolution. My biggest gripe with Mt. Lanakila right now is how it locks Crabominable and Glaceon to endgame, while Glaceon's counterpart Leafeon can be acquired far earlier. I know in B2W2 they made Eevee available but Leafeon and Glaceon were both postgame so in a sense that's... well, not truly fair for those who wanted them for the main game, but at least they were both even in that regard.

This would all be solved if they could just give Eevee even more ways to evolve into its other forms. Leaf, Ice, Sun, and Moon Stone make the most obvious fucking sense for Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon, and Umbreon respectively. Then the Shiny Stone for Sylveon when they eventually take out Pokemon Amie/Refresh. Feebas has two different ways to evolve after all. Even if it's because contest stats were invisible/not really usable in Gen V, but still.
>>
>>30441905
Wouldn't Mamoswine, Yanmega, and Lickilicky all be available in the older games if they were to follow that mentality? They all evolve based off of moves which I'm almost certain their pre-evos were able to learn fairly easily.

In short, GF is stupid.
>>
>>30442088
Yeah, but they were also trying to make little cup a thing for a while there.
It's a strange meta, nearly everything that didn't evolve then got an evolution but not a prevolution is usually little cup op and needs to be banned.
>>
>>30442184
Mamoswine and Lickilicky, yeah.
>>
>>30442185

I haven't seen little cup as an official format since gen 4 and only through PBR. If they made it return say as a facility option, shit like Scyther would likely be banned.
>>
>>30442253
There was a Little Cup competition during ORAS and the only thing they banned was Eviolite. But that was a one off thing so it didn't need to be perfectly balanced or anything
>>
>>30442184
There are certainly some exceptions. Eitherway GF has been more willing to retcon shit recently so hopefully things change soon. (At least shit like Magmar, Electibuzz, Rhydon, etc needing to be traded with their items to evolve could be retconned to just using the item on them and I'd be happier)
>>
>GEN VII
>Trade evolutions are still a thing
>>
>>30443834
Of course they are. They're easier than ever.
>>
>>30441932
Double slap
>>
>>30441233
>But we still need to use incense for certain baby Pokemon,
that's because baby pokemon were a mistake. a mistake that could easily be rectified by giving them the ability to breed (bulbasaur and nidoran can breed but magby and tyrogue can't? why?). Plus if you're actually breeding a pokemon you intend to use, one parent holds an everstone and the other holds your destiny knot, so why even bother?
>>
>>30441233
and that's why we find them in the wild and Pikachu can now learn Volt Tackle as a tutor
>>
>>30444096
GF still refuses to even fix Nidorina and Nidoqueen's egg group. They are never changing anything.
>>
>>30443834
This time it's only Golem so it's alright (at least from the new mons) I'm never going to forgive them for what they did in Gen 6 do, why make Trevenant and Slurpuff trade evos !? The dex was small anyway !
>>
I've always wanted a gen where they just finally go back and fix all of the shit that they don't want to fix for whatever autistic reason. Stupid shit like everything getting Toxic could easily be fixed, too.
>>
>>30444255
>stupid shit like everything getting Toxic
They could also take Protect away from some mons. Like remove it from genies and pseudo legends, that would shake up the VGC metagame
>>
File: 1465655407966.png (294KB, 594x705px) Image search: [Google]
1465655407966.png
294KB, 594x705px
>>30441820
Because Eevee's the only Pokemon that evolves with the Moss/Ice Rock and Affection

So the game is padded out by unnecessary shit as a result. It's just as bad that they made a second evolutionary stone that only evolves two Pokemon
>>
>>30444339
Stealth Rock and Scald could have their distributions culled, too. Neither move is really outright broken, but they're both too powerful for the crazy distributions they have.
>>
>>30442032
They just need to streamline incenses into having one be-all rainbow incense that causes deformation

Or have the Babies learn all of their evolved form's egg moves. Azurill doesn't get Aqua Jet or Belly Drum
>>
>>30444385
Speaking about padding, anyone else find it retarded that gen 4 started the legendary item precedent and now we have a fuck ton of them?
>>
>>30444426
Scald's issue is that it burns more than most Fire moves and it's on one of the most OP types in the game already

At least drop it to 10% burn chance. There's no reason hot water should be burning more than Flamethrower
>>
>>30444527
You realise hot water lingers and does faster damage to the skin than fire right?
>>
>>30444527
No, Scald's issue is that there's no reason not to run it on special water-types, because nearly every single water type (that isn't part ice) gets it. It's the kind of move that should really have been the kind of move given to a bunch of weird-ass Pokemon to give them a niche, rather than being water's new go-to attacking move.
>>
Things that have to return in future gens to be able to get them all:
>stones
>rocks
>incenses
>something to raise affection (could be given an alternate method like Feebas)
>day/night
>180 degrees (again, alternate method)
>every other item
>Karrablast and Shelmet can never be in the dex without each other
>Mantyke can never be without Remoraid in the dex

And they have to change Rockruff and Cosmoem to something else too, probably reach their evolution level while day/night.
>>
>>30444627
They can also take away Ice Beam from some of the, again, Water types that basically all learn it.
I think like Toxicroak and Keldeo were the only two that don't, and Keldeo still has Icy Wind. Might be some new ones without it, not sure
>>
>>30444509
Gotta have some varaiety to combat the held item clause.
>>
>>30441895
>Moon Stone
Already a thing :^)
>>
>>30441864
Piloswine, Tangela and Yanma all evolve as soon as they learn Ancient Power.
>>
>>30444740
Dawn Stone is called the Awakening Stone in Japan, same with the Dusk Stone being called the Darkness Stone

Complete mistranslations. If you want to represent Day and Night you need the Moon and Sun Stone
>>
>>30444716
Yeah, Ice coverage in general needs to be greatly, greatly reduced.
>>
>>30444811
>Espeon "awakens" into a beautiful goddess
>Umbreon is Dark type, represents the Darkness
it still makes sense desu
>>
File: 1422740711549.png (305KB, 606x326px) Image search: [Google]
1422740711549.png
305KB, 606x326px
>>30444844
>Espeon
>Goddess
>>
>>30444234
Only Karrablast/Shelmet and Porygon are a pain. everyone else is easy to get the evo items. First Magby I caught had the Magmarizer so that saved me some trouble.
>>
>>30444385
They probably just added it in case they can't have the spots in the future. Pokemon XD had the Sun Shard for Espeon and the Moon Stone for Umbreom for your starter Eevee because there's no day/night mechanic there.
>>
>>30444664
Rockruff ALREADY evolves based of the time of the day, so it should be easy.
>>
>>30444456
>>30444444
>>
>>30444844
Umbreon is the Rabbit in the Moon.
>>
>>30444231
Nidoking is pokemon #34, of course he can only breed with the loli of his family.
>>
>>30442491
they just won't retcon evo methods because they can be as autistic as their fanbase about changes (also several evos that gained babies later have different egg pools between baby and nonbaby egg). and considering the games trading encouragement, no trade evo will ever be retconned, and as we saw with Feebas, if they 'have' to redo an evo method due to mechanic removal they are more likely to make it more inconvenient rather than less.

>>30443997
for dex completion yes, but anything that requires a one off held item requires you have friends you actually trust with trading to give it back.
>>
>>30444426
distribution in general is bad. there are tons of mediocre moves that just being able to go on unusual mons would be worth considering (dragon tail, Flame charge, Volt charge etc)

and not even counting 'why is this even a move' shit like Confide
>>
>>30444844
>beautiful goddess
>87.5% male, 12.5% female
>>
>>30444426
Sneaky Pebbles should lose its TM.
>>
>>30444627
they need to stop rigidly thinking certain types have to have shit variety. Water has too many options and even an option that negates one of ti's weaknesses. Dragon gets fucking everything option wise barring outliers. Normals often are choked with special options even if they can't use them.

Meanwhile fire and grass have some beyond tiny options
>>
>>30445400
It already did. Its just that transfering pokemon from previous gens is a thing, and they started making it an egg move instead for new mons
>>
>>30445447
they should just nerf it's damage output. i can only think at this point the only reason they don't is more a refusal to admit it's as much a complaint as it is
>>
>>30445549
All they need do is remove its type effectiveness, like how all other indirect damage is dealt
>>
File: 12313113111.jpg (166KB, 1557x512px) Image search: [Google]
12313113111.jpg
166KB, 1557x512px
>>30441233
No need to retcon senpai.
>"Unlike it's other counterparts, an Alolan Eevee can evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon through use of an Ice Stone and Grass Stone. Weird huh?!"

Done.
Gib me job GF
>>
>>30445644
That's the biggest issue with Espionage Stone. With it on field it has to be gotten ridden of or else it risks severely neutering a good portion of the dex
>>
File: 1479539641008.jpg (176KB, 1921x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1479539641008.jpg
176KB, 1921x1280px
>still no Ghost Eevee
>Fighting Eevee
>Dragon Eevee
>>
>>30441233
retcon evolution methods so what about feebas? i know the beauty is not present but they switched into something else.
>>
>>30445725
And rock and steel.
>>
File: 1462588731654.jpg (8KB, 261x159px) Image search: [Google]
1462588731654.jpg
8KB, 261x159px
>>30445753
>>30445725
>we will live one day to see the first two-typing Eevees

Look deep within yourself you know it to be true.
>>
>>30445776
>Inb4 Normal/Normal
>>
>>30445725
Dragon is the only Eevee left, Eevee evo types are of the ones that were special attacks before the split. (and fairy type, but that is one that would have been special if it existed before gen 4)
>>
>>30444627
>>30444716
>rock types usually all learn ground type moves as well
>my disappointment when AWOO doesn't learn EQ
>>
>>30445733
rng fish for a super rare item, make Feebas hold it then trade it. it's an infinitely worse method in every single way.
>>
>>30446302
Trade while item held evos are dumb. Just let the item be used like a stone
>>
>>30446330
they are but the games roots and GF's fandom level autism about certain things guarantee it's never going away.
>>
>>30441932
Double Hit. Mamoswine, Yanma and Tangrowth evolve learning Ancient Power, Lickitung with Rollout and Bonsly and Mime Jr. knowing mimic.
>>
>>30441184
This time around, I'm glad you don't need Ice Stones.

Because they made them stupidly fucking rare and only obtainable from a minigame besides one.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.