[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SM tracking to be the best selling Pokemon game since DP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243KB, 269x395px
>SM tracking to be the best selling Pokemon game since DP maybe even RS

How shamefur is this? Do you think he's going to blow his brains out?
>>
>>30440544
DERETE DIS!!!!
>>
File: 1480477544707.png (248KB, 410x408px) Image search: [Google]
1480477544707.png
248KB, 410x408px
Can someone adjust the numbers to account for population growth?
>>
>>30440544
>since DP maybe even RS
But DP sold better than RS
>>
>>30440578
>population growth
>not install base

3DS has the lowest handheld install base of any Nintendo system.
>>
The writing has been on the wall. Any of the games that were made without Masuda being the Director have been far better.
>>
>>30440544
Shameful because he didn't direct, right?
>>
He's going to die from a stroke.
>>
>>30440578
Japan's population is declining
We're in an economic depression
The 3DS install base is much smaller
>>
>>30440578
any country with population growth is 3rd world shithole
>>
>>30440544
What's your source? I literally got it, played for an hour, and returned it, and that was a pre order. I say your source is your ass, sales are plummeting. Spreading misinfo won't change that.
>>
>>30440544
He should, Ohmori is way better and should be in charge of all the games.
>>
>>30440977
>literally
I know this is bait but why do millennials love this word so much?
>>
>>30440977
Literally on Nintendo's Twitter

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/804052396259282948
>>
>>30440544
Fuck off. One decent game at best can never compare to what Masuda has done for the series.
>>
>>30441019
>He wants EV training to become more and more frustrating.
>>
>>30441069
It's literally my favorite word.
>>30441220
What has he done? Tell me. Hold on, let me go get some popcorn because dis gun be gud.
>>
>>30441019
Ohmori directed ORAS and the painfully average SM. Only reason it's doing well is because of better marketing and GO.
>>
>>30441286
Oh, fuck off. You can fully EV-train a pokemon with a few hundred FP and about a minute of your time.
>>
>>30441069
Silly anon, that's not the word "Epic"!
>>
>>30440977
>I didn't like this game so it must be selling poorly
How fucking egotistical are you?
>>
It's not because of Ohmori, it's Pokemon GO effect.
>>
File: SunMoon.png (573KB, 586x826px) Image search: [Google]
SunMoon.png
573KB, 586x826px
>>30441086
>>
>>30441293
Tajiri - Sugimori - Masuda are the original three.
>>
>>30441293
Masuda

>added natures
>ev system
>physical special split
>abilities
>hidden abilities
>move tutors
>horde battles

Ohmori

>OMG LOOK HOW ADORABLE AND NICE MY WAIFU IS
>trials
>Totem battles
>>
>>30441311
>SM
>painfully average

Nice b8
>>
>>30441491
>added most of those 10-15 years ago
>the only one that didn't had to be taken out the very next generation

Masuda is a has been.
>>
>>30441491
I don't wanna be a drag but horde battles aren't that good.
>>
>>30441530
There needs to be a name for SMfags

Alolaseeds will have to do for now.
>>
>>30441608
Better than that new call aid system.
>>
>>30440544

I thought DP sold better than RS
>>
>>30441681
>best shiny hunt system ever
>better than lagtastic horde battles
>>
>>30441681
At least call aid doesn't lag it all to hell
>>
>>30441695
It did. The only time sales got a bump in the franchise's entire lifespan. Let's hope SuMo can do that, too.

>>30441659
"SuMolians"?
>>
>>30441530
Painfully average might be giving it too much credit to be fair. I finished the game a few days ago, and the only thing I think that was really great about the game was the music.
>>
File: population-decline-japan_large.jpg (24KB, 545x355px) Image search: [Google]
population-decline-japan_large.jpg
24KB, 545x355px
>>30440578
There are MUCH less children in Pokémon's target demographic of Japanese kids ages 5-10 than there were in 2006, let alone 1996 you retard. If anything SM's performance is even more incredible for that reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if that demographic has shrunk in the developed world as a whole. Immigrants to the West are younger but still tend to be adults, and birthrates are basically below replacement everywhere outside Africa and a few MENA nations.
>>
>>30441695
It did by about 1 mil I think, but you also have to take into account that D/P was on a much more popular system.
>>
>>30441826
SM are the greatest pokemon games in generations.
>>
>>30441866
No way in hell when Sun/Moon barely feel like complete/full games.
>>
>>30441866
Yeah, finish the game, play another game for a few days, and I think you'll realize how wrong you are for saying that. Or better yet, try replaying it again and not getting bored out of your mind when you remember that the first 2-3 hours of the game is comprised of unskippable text reading.
>>
>>30441894
Define full game
>>
>>30441894
Just KYS already. The story and characters are the best of any Pokémon game so far. It took the JRPGified trend of the other recent games and ran with it, finally giving us a coherent game that doesn't compromise on story for a fake sense of "non-linearity". I have put 50 hours into Moon and have only just beat the league. Loved every moment of it and I still haven't caught all the UBs/Legends.

It's not our fault you rushed the game and now regret it.
>>
>>30441681
Horde battles were great for EV training, but every single time I engaged in a horde battle by accident, it was an automatic run. While SOS is annoying at times, there was nothing enjoyable about horde battles whatsoever.
>>
>>30441909
>Finish Moon
>Pop in FFXV
>"Well, this game is shit."
>Go back to Moon.
>>
>>30441970
Shame the quantity of Pokemon available isn't. All the Kanto pandering sure as hell doesn't help either. Sun/Moon might become the best-selling Pokemon games but that won't mean shit since it obviously isn't the best Pokemon game. Sun and Moon has just as many flaws as it has pros.
>>
>>30441970
>Muh story
This isn't a book.

>The game is linear with little emphasis on exploration
>It runs like shit, even though they disabled 3D
>The new Pokemon are slow as fuck, giving a false sense of difficulty because Game Freak would rather do that than make competent AI
>The entire first island of the game is text

If you value story, great, but don't be surprised when some people actually feel that the game part of a video GAME is most important.
>>
>>30442147
Lillie is a shit character repeatedly thrown into your face. To make matters worse she's generic as fuck.
>>
>>30442011
>FFXV
Oh yeah isn't that the game where you drive a car and literally cannot drive off the road? It's on rails just like Sun & Moon!
>>
>>30442147
Just because the game doesn't force exploration down your throat doesn't mean it's not there, there are several optional side areas.

New pokemon being slow isn't what made the gen difficult, that was the Totem battles. And the AI did get better, red card stealth rocks say hello

>entire first island is text

Maybe if you rushed through it like some ADHD retard.
>>
>>30442174
It's not as bad as BW's story. Poke a single hole in BW's story and the whole thing collapses.

Because in the end, you're an ass who's a jerk to their friends, a bigger bully than the strawmen who call themselves an evil team and you only got anywhere because you caught the attention of some Chuuni with a messiah complex.

At least this game's story doesn't fall apart under the slightest scrutiny.

>>30442255
At least SuMo's combat system fucking works properly.
>>
>>30442282
>He thinks a lot of the new Pokemon being slow didn't make the game more difficult

Hahahahaha. Do you not know how much of a severe weakness being slow is? Especially outside of Trick Room.
>>
>>30442341
We're not talking about Smogon here kid, having access to slow pokemon doesn't mean shit when your opponents use those same slow mons.
>>
>>30442282
>there are several optional side areas.
Name 5 that aren't post-game
>>
>>30440544
He still had a major part in it, it's in his interest that the games sell well
>>
>>30442378
Blush Mountain, Ten-Karat Hill, Seaward Cave, Desert Maze, Secluded Shore
>>
>>30442378
Kala'e Bay
10 carat hill
Haina desert
Hau'oli cemetery
Hano Beach
Maile outer cape
>>
>>30442282
>Just because the game doesn't force

exploration down your throat doesn't mean it's not there
It isn't there. How many times during this game would you want to go somewhere only to be cut off by some asshole on a Stoutland blocking the entire street? Or the captain barricades?

>there are several optional side areas.

Oh yeah, those tiny bays with small islands a few steps off the shore sure were fun to explore!

No, it was the slowness of the new Pokemon that made it more difficult. Speed is an important stat. When the opponents have Pokemon that are much faster than yours even when yours are higher leveled that alone makes it harder. The totem battles weren't too tough. As for the red card stealth rock, what was that? One guy in the entire game? That somehow makes up for the shit AI everywhere else? What about moves selection? Lusamine's Pokemon only have 3 moves each.

>Maybe if you rushed through it like some ADHD retard.

Mashing the A button through the text does not somehow make there be less text in the game. I don't know where you came up with this idea.
>>
>>30442457
>>30442487
I mean
I won't move the goalpost because you're right
But it's pretty sad when you consider shit like the cemetery and secluded shore "areas"
>>
>>30442523
I'm sorry you're unable to get invested in a story, anon.

also Haina desert, Seaward Cave, Maile Outer Cape, 10-Carat Hill, and Melemele Sea are hardly small areas.
>>
>>30441784
>SuMo
get out
>>
>>30441784
It's SM. Not S&M, not "SuMo", just SM.
Go back to fUCKING REDDIT ALREADY WITH THIS SUMO SHIT.
>>
>>30442523
>It's not exploration if I say so!!!

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>30442611
Who said that? The story is fine, but that doesn't make this GOTY just on that. Also Maile Outer Cape is tiny as fuck.
>>
>>30442889
Hey man, if you like "exploring" small areas with fuck all in them, great for you. Sorry you're triggered by opinions.
>>
>>30442588
Not only that, the game forces it's linearity on the player for so long that eventually they naturally just follow the flag marker on the map without even thinking of going to search for new areas. I didn't even know about the desert area until the UB postgame mission.
>>
>>30441659
We're gonna run out of things if we keep going the babby->fetus->etc. route.

I say
XYfags = Mega Genwunners
SMcucks = Alolan Genwunners
>>
>>30443086
>It's the games fault that I'm so retarded!
>>
>>30443086
Really? I'm a compulsive explorer and actually really liked how the islands knit themselves together once you finish exploring them. I found Seaward Cave with no prodding and did tons of retraversal every time a new Ride opened up.

Yeah, there were times things were blocked like the desert, but I didn't really miss any areas.
>>
>>30441738
>thinks sm aren't laggy
>>
Fuck all the ShMucks.
>>
>>30443086
>blaming the game for not having 2 eyes to watch the fucking map
>>
File: 1468804693637.gif (1MB, 349x254px) Image search: [Google]
1468804693637.gif
1MB, 349x254px
Sun and moon is so good that you faggots fail to come up with a name for the generation.

top fucking kek
>>
>>30442864
ReBl
GoSi
RuSa
DiPe
BlWh
X&Y
SuMo

:^)
>>
>>30443134
You're right. I mean, we were already went from Johtoddlers>Hoennbabbies>Sinnohfetus>Unovabortions>Kalosperm.

There's not much else lower than a sperm. Alola Zygote maybe? That still leaves us with absolutely nothing for 8th gen. We're rapidly converging on the moment of conception itself.
>>
>>30442864
It's not reddit who came with the SuMo shit, it's worse: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/masuda-sugimori-tajiri-and-the-future-of-gamefreak-pokemon.3573318/

Hope Nintendo throws a cease and desist soon.
>>
>>30443625
It's so fucking arbitrary too. Like reddit clearly just picked the first two letters of each word so the end result would be "le ebin sumo wrestler maymay xD". That place is abject cancer.
>>
>>30440544
I don't think he will blow his brains out. He's a top executive at a huge company, he is rich, his work is creative and must be fulfilling.

I think you and I are perhaps much more suited to suicide because we're both here on 4chan.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.