[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we undo the physical/special split already? Can we get rid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: fuck this.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this.png
29KB, 633x758px
Can we undo the physical/special split already?

Can we get rid of all the brainless entry hazards?

Pokemon went from being a strategy game where one had to work hard to get KOs and finally win the game, to a game where counter teams are actually a thing, where you barely get any time to know your opponent because you can just click your Life Orb STAB and watch things die.

There's no middle ground anymore. Either something stalls you to death with recovery moves, or this thing gets 2HKOed.

I fucking hate Game Freaks. They took a game that I loved, and slowly ruined it. I'm sure that all the ADHD kids are loving it, though.
>>
File: 1472066799363.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1472066799363.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>
>>30439101
>muh genwunner
>>
>>30439101
I know this is bait but still
>ever even considering that the physical/special split was a bad move
if you do this pls die
>>
>>30439101
NOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T MAKE FUN OF GEN 4 EVERYTHING IT ADDED WAS PERFECT!
>>
File: 1464782287138.png (130KB, 536x593px) Image search: [Google]
1464782287138.png
130KB, 536x593px
>>30439101
>undo the physical/special split already
>>
>not a single argument

Of course you kids loved it. You're not even smart enough to argue, let alone to get KOs without your Stealth Rocks and 120 BP Life Orb moves.
>>
>>30439175
hey it's you again
how's unemployment treating you
>>
>work hard for KOs
>gen 1 hyper beam
>>
File: CqPW8mXW8AAdGwr.jpg large.jpg (193KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
CqPW8mXW8AAdGwr.jpg large.jpg
193KB, 1440x810px
>Wanting Physical/Special split to be reverted
>Wanting Ghost and Dark-types to revert back to being fucking useless and Psychic and Dragon to be completely OP again
>>
>>30439139
>>30439119
>>30439126
>Not remebering, or even witnessing, the NetBattle butthurt and hate towards Shoddy that lasted a damn good while

OP is a faggot but there were countless people like him when genIV happened.
>>
File: 3034631.jpg (59KB, 818x640px) Image search: [Google]
3034631.jpg
59KB, 818x640px
>>30439101

If you start your thread with Wojack, you don't deserve to be taken seriously.
>>
I didn't think there were people who disliked the physical/special split.
>>30439231
Don't forget water
>>
If anything the weather nerf ruined the viability for a lot of mons. I feel like the turns should be stretched to 8 instead of 5 without items.
>>
>>30439261
yes but now the shitstorm's over and the series is all the better for it
think of all the mons that would become trash if the split was reverted
>bisharp
>zardX
>garchomp (maybe not trash but definitely weaker)
>gengar
>kyurem-b
>t-tar (probably still viable like garchomp but less so)
>weavile
And those are just the obvious ones I picked from the gen 6 OU list
>>
>>30439101
I agree wholeheartedly and we should also revert the special attack/defense split while we're at it OP
>>
>>30439386
>think of all the mons that would become trash if the split was reverted

Your whole post showcases how not anybody in this thread has a clue. Too many people didn't even play pre-gen 4.

>Bisharp would still have Defiant and steel STAB.
>ZardX would still have Dragon Dance and Earthquake, and its usable special attack means it wouldn't be easily walled by physical pokemon
>Flygon was OU in gen 3. Do you really think that Garchomp wouldn't stay excellent?
>Gengar still has a shit ton of coverage and a bunch of resists
>Kyurem black would actually get BETTER since other ubers would lose a lot more than it
>Tyranitar was one of the top OU in gen 2 and 3, still has rock STAB, Dragon Dance, Earthquake and usable special coverage

Outside of the rare shitmon that has two special STAB while being a physical attacker (Sneasel, Cacturne, Sharpedo, among others), most Pokemon would become better as their defenses would actually mean something, most importantly, not being a dual type wouldn't be a huge drawback anymore.
>>
Indeed.
>>
>>30441624
Verily I say.
>>
>>30441801
Ergo.
>>
>>30439101
>>30439671
How about we just have a single stat called "power". Higher the power, the better the pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 800x450px
>>30439101
>wanting gengar nerfed even more
>>
>strategy

why when you can just use crit persian
>>
>>30442413
>strategy

why when you can use... how large wa the gen 6 banlist again? :^)
>>
>>30442325
I'm sorry how broken do you want to make Mega Fug and every legendary ever made since gen 1? All of them, all of them.
>>
Stealth Rocks were a mistake. Nobody can live without setting them as #1 priority. Spikes became lost in the dust and toxic spikes are the current cancer but nihil and other toxas deal with them. Hell, even comala
>>
>>30439101
>he wants SkarmBliss back
That shit was fucking cancer, the physical/special split must stay.
>entry hazards
Stop playing smogon, start playing pokemon. Their meta is slow, dull and repetitive. Even with lag, doubles on cart are way faster than 300+ turns of stallfest.

Do not blame gamefreak if you don't play the game and choose a "simulator" ran by spergs.
>>
>>30443553
Anything that broke stall. Meta should be inforced, especially if you sweep an admin/mod team.
>>
>>30442325
>base 173 attack xurkitree
>>
>>30440096
I remember reading that Sneasel was OU in ADV metagame. That actually gave me quite a shock. Wasn't the Physical/Special split what also made Dragons broken? At least that's what made Garchomp such a menace. I recall Dragon's usually having more attack than special attack. The split allowed Garchomp to use its higher offensive stat to fire off Outrage instead of using its lower but decent special attack. And its not like it didn't have access to STAB physical moves like Earthquake. It definitely would've still been viable just not as ridiculous as it was.
>>
>>30444156
>Stop playing smogon, start playing pokemon. Their meta is slow, dull and repetitive. Even with lag, doubles on cart are way faster than 300+ turns of stallfest.
I assume you have never played OU and such?
Entry hazards are what prevents those 300+ turn stallfests.
Official formats are also way more repetitive unless you're a bottomfeeder who literally plays against in-game teams.
>>
>>30439231
I'm pretty sure the split would make Dragons worse considering they usually have better Attack than Special Attack.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_(type)#Statistical_averages

Even if only slightly. Dragons that want to spam Outrage would have to hold Lum berries or risk getting fucked over by confusion.
>>
>>30439101
Wait until I finish coding my game. Then you'll have an interesting mons game.
>>
>>30444999
garchomp was a menace because he has a meme speed tier which back then outsped most of the rest of the metagame by a couple points, incredible typing, outrage was in its peak of push2win and back then 130 attack was really fucking good instead of now where 120+ attack is "expected" of any pokemon as a sweeper

oh, and the yache + sandveil set made his best counter (weavile/mamoswine at the time) merely a check at best
>>
>>30442360
>He doesn't know that Gengar was still good before the Split.
>>
>>30444009
Stealth Rocks is bad game design. It nearly invalidates Spikes and Toxic Spikes.
>>
>>30439261
Sorry, i was like 10 when DP came out, and wasnt into the online community, what was it like? I would think it was unanimously loved, since mons like Gyarados, Tyranitar and Gengar finally got STAB options for their preferred attacking stat.
>>
>>30444009
Rocks are actually easy to nerf - remove type effectivity and make them deal 12.5% as layer 2 spikes. Too bad this will never happen
>>
>>30445059
>spamming outrage with fairies around
who the fuck still does that
>>
>>30440096
Bisharp needs Sucker Punch to thrive though. Special Sucker Punch pretty much guts it.

Zard X doesn't get a Tough Claws boost from Earthquake. It'd be usable still but not the monster it is now.

It also heavily nerfs a lot of mons that like having elemental punches.
>>
Nobody thinks the physical/special split was a bad idea.
>>
>>30442325
pokemon go plz go
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.