[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think Kukui went above and beyond his duties as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_3599.png (369KB, 541x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3599.png
369KB, 541x1280px
Anyone else think Kukui went above and beyond his duties as a professor, Pokémon trainer and most importantly, cousin? He was a real bro, oh yeah!"
>>
10/10 best professor
>>
i found him and his way of speaking to be annoying
>>
>>30438960
I really liked what they did with Kukui as a character l, though I wish his dialogue wasn't too repetitive, aside from that he's a really great professor
>>
>>30439001

He's great at blitzball too ya?
>>
>>30439001
>>30439007
Pretty sure it's the translations team's fault desu
He's not annoying in the Japanese ver
>>
File: wakka.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
wakka.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>30439014
>>
File: how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.png (168KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.png
168KB, 500x285px
fuck you and your LE WOO! shit. Don't know which one is more cringe, Cuckui or Rotom Pokedex,
>>
>>30439039
What? burnet sounds like lulu :3c
>>
>>30438960
He's a fag

the masked royal could beat the shit out of him any day of the week, wish he was the professor instead
>>
My favorite prof.
>>
>>30438960
>his job is letting Pokemon hit him as hard as they can
How fucking strong is this guy?
>>
>>30439582
He's a masochist
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (379KB, 2048x1660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
379KB, 2048x1660px
>>30439582
He's invincible
>>
>>30438960
He's the masked royal
>>
>>30438960
>Anyone else think Kukui went above and beyond his duties as a professor

Well yeah most professors aren't fucking your mom
>>
>>30439795
Masked Royal's former tag team partner who lost a Mask vs Mask match
>>
>>30439582
He's a saiyan who crash landed and lost his memories.
>>
I'd rather play a game with him as the professor, yeah? Than those old sterile geezers Rowan and Oak or faggots like Sycamore and Elm.
>>
>>30439795
what? no he's not
>>
>>30438960
Yes. My favorite professor for sure, he's such our friend
>>
File: bf2.gif (578KB, 178x239px) Image search: [Google]
bf2.gif
578KB, 178x239px
>is a wrestler
>tanks pokemon moves with his fucking body
>follows you around during your journey unlike other professors who just sit around in their labs
>competent trainer
>forms the first league in his region
>married a total qt
>>
>>30439795
>this conspiracy theory bullshit again
>>
>>30438960
He went and convinced the people of the region to make a league because he challenged the Kanto one and then proceeded top call up each and every person who had cleared the trial to try out for champ.

What do you think?
>>
>>30439935
>his pod went through an ultra wormhole
>>
>>30440112
That he's lame because he lost in the fucking Indigo League?
>>
>>30440068
>Glorious Abs
>Do a foursome with you and your friends
>>
>>30440068
>>30440285
>Is a really good friend of the Masked Royale to the point where he can give the Masked Royale his mask back
>>
>>30438960
He really did. He was there to help every step of the way. He made the league just so you could have an even more special island challenge.
>>
>>30440200
It's pretty funny that despite him being harder than Lance, he mentions Lance beating his ass. Through I can definitely imagine him getting his shit slapped by Misty, Her Starmie is merciless. I wonder if he challenged the Johto gym leaders,too considering they're all right next door.
>>
>>30440285
>Was willing to adopt the greatest pokegirl ever introduced
>>
>>30440901
I mean he challenged Indigo when he wasn't a professor, when he was younger and just completed his Island Challenge. If he tried again, I'm sure his shit wouldn't get pushed in so much.
>>
>>30438960
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>30439795
Get your shitty headcanon off of this board, faggot
>>
>>30440901
well it was quite some time ago
>>
>>30440901
>he mentions Lance beating his ass
He said "that guy in the cape with the dragons was really strong" or something like that. He also said the Kanto gym leaders were kicking his ass, but he clearly beat them.

He's being modest. It's still up in the air whether or not he beat Lance.
>>
>>30440984
He didn't beat Lance, if he did he'd be a Kanto region champion which he clearly isn't but the experience in Kanto inspired him to make his own league in Alola. Then again Blue calls himself a champion despite being a gym leader in Kanto with Red right next to him
>>
best prof. supported and mentored you, actively participated in ur journey, became your dad basically. and is a wrestler (hurr hurr le meme)

also gives you a really good battle, fuck his snorlax tho
>>
File: Junpei's_reflection.png (276KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Junpei's_reflection.png
276KB, 512x384px
>complete the dex
>go show him
>he says nothing
>>
>>30441033
Blue was a champion at one point tho
Until Red beat him
>>
>>30440984
I think the implication that he didn't defeat him is quite clear, but Kukui's team is strong enough to show that he put up a hell of a fight.

In any case, I did enjoy Kukui because he was proactive up until Ule'Ule Island, but I still feel that he was a bit...well, two dimensional. He's better than the other professors by far, but that's a low bar to set when considering who his competition is.

I just feel like his most interesting traits weren't pushed enough (like every single thing that came up in his confrontation with Guzma) and other things just felt like they were told to us instead of built up (Being married to Burnet, a literal who).

I will say that I think it's interesting that he doesn't face you as the Champion, because you're about to claim that title yourself; he instead challenges you as the one who brought the league together, as a Pokemon Professor. I suspect this might have been something that was originally intended for Oak back in Gen 1, so it's nice to see it completed in a way.
>>
>>30438960
t. Kukui
>>
I think the most amazing thing is that you can defend your championship title and it can be against the team skull girl, hau, chunni bro a young kid and even against fucking Faba. Chunnibro and Hau I can understand but how weak is the elite four of this place if they can lose to a kid younger than MC,fucking Faba and the second in command of team skull?
>>
>>30438960
Positive points
- Took initiative to introduce you to the region
- Had a sense of humour
- Background is well fleshed out with a Kanto backdrop and fellow Professor wife
- Established the first official league
- Helped people in need like Lillie
- Has a good relationship with the locals and helps them out too
- Had a cute pupper

Negative points
- Handheld you too much, followed you excessively
- Clothes were too revealing
- Weird hair
- Not intellectual enough towards the trainer
- Resulted in a boring masked royal meme
- Did not explore the Guzma rivalry much
- Should not have been the final champion (not that he is, but it would be more interesting if someone else was it)

So overall, he is already quite good but could be better
>>
>>30441366
>Handheld you too much, followed you excessively
That part makes sense though. He was orchestrating the League's creation this whole time, and the MC was the most promising candidate to challenge it. You may not like how it was executed, but the reason for it is very solid.
>>
>>30441366
>Clothes were too revealing
>A bad thing
>they weren't even that revealing
Afraid of looking at a belly that isn't as fat as yours, I see.
>>
>>30441366
>- Not intellectual enough towards the trainer
you're a fucking 11 year old he just met

I wouldn't trust an 11 year old with anything even if he was a prodigy
>>
>>30441366
>clothes too revealing
he lives an active lifestyle. also it's hot.

>weird hair
having your hair pulled back in a manbun is weird now?

>followed you too much, handholding
you're a foreign 11yr old in a strange place with strange mons, dude's just looking out for you
>>
I think he was meant to be fujobait, but I fell in love with Guzma instead.
>>
>>30439034
I like to imagine it as him not being able to turn off his wrestling persona yeah, so he's always talking like he's pumping up the crowd woo!
>>
>>30441131
>>30440984

Don't forget that his team now is obviously going to be stronger than when he challenged the league in Kanto since that was many years ago.

So comparing his team to lance's is kinda pointless.
>>
>>30439795
I bet you think the masked heroes are Sina and Dexio too, faggot
>>
File: Rowan_DP.png (136KB, 275x753px) Image search: [Google]
Rowan_DP.png
136KB, 275x753px
Kukui is a pretty manly professor, I'll give him that, but no professor will ever be more manly than Professor Rowan.
>>
>name is literally Cukui
>you are literally his wife's son
Well it goes without saying he is a total pushover
>>
>>30439795
End this meme.
>>
File: 1457288344222.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1457288344222.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>30442562
>you are literally his wife's son
>>
>>30441366
>Handheld you too much, followed you excessively
I guess that's part of the ''you're a foreign kid who knows little about this region or our customs, so i'll make sure you don't end getting in trouble''

>Did not explore the Guzma rivalry much
There wasn't too much in there though, Guzma was butthurt over Kukui being successful and a recognized professor while he was being called a ''useless thug'' instead of a really strong and feared pokemon trainer
>>
>>30442461
I wouldn't say he's manly, but Rowan was a pretty cool professor. I really hope the D/P remakes are real and we'll get to see him again
>>
>>30441113
>>complete the dex
>>go show him
>>he says nothing

you have to get pokemon in your box that know every move in the game to get his approval and a double battle agansit him and royal both with 6 pokemon. you can't do it yet because of unique moves on bank only pokemon and legenderies.

t. my cousin works at 4kids
>>
>>30442461
Him in the anime was everything to me. Especially when he didn't wear his coat, and it was just his tie and vest. Nice.
>>
Tell me about this man, why does he wear the masquetta?
>>
>>30438960
I'd share a drink with him, yeah.
>>
>>30439014
Holy shit I also imagined his voice as Wakka's instantly.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 380x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 380x249px
>>30441366
>weird hair
I mean yeah but the thing is the reason why he has a bun in his hair is because of the nuts that grows out of the tree he's named after
I always thought it's a cute detail to add in things the plants they're based on just like with plumeria having the same colors as the plant she's named after
>>
if this fucker just walks right into my house one more goddamn time i'm going to fuck his qt brown wife in front of him
>>
>>30445454
>it's not like you've been doing the same shit since gen 1
It's a normal trainer thing at this point
>>
>>30442461
Rowan was a stiff.
>>
File: 0na10.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0na10.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>30439795
>>
>>30440068
>follows you around during your journey
I don't like this. When you have a gaggle of friends, waifus, and an adult following you around every step, it doesn't feel like an adventure, but a school field trip.
>>
>>30446048
1 friend, 1 Waifu, 1 adult
>whole gaggle
>>
>>30446081
Yeah, that's a gaggle.
>>
>>30438960
I think they did well with all the characters, but Kukui is definitely my favourite professor now.
>>
>>30446111
No, XY was a fucking gaggle.
>>
>>30446048
>Hau
Where the hell else was he supposed to go or do? He's doing the island challenge too.
>Lillie
What's she gonna do? Stay home alone or stay in one spot for Aether to come sweep her up?
>Kukui
How could this man not look over his cousin? Just "Hey go have fun"? You just moved there and within a week, you're already exploring. He's being responsible by showing you around.
>>
>>30446160
>One thing is worse, that means you can't dislike this thing too.

>>30446226
He's using cousin as a term for friend. He's not related to you.
>>
>>30446259
>Disputing your claim that 3 is a gaggle
>"omg ur just hating on my opinion!!!!11"
>>
if he has the starter who has advantage over yours isn't he the truest rival?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.