[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point of this fucking place? Its a huge ass fancy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

File: pkm-sun-moon-concept-art-2_3se4.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pkm-sun-moon-concept-art-2_3se4.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Whats the point of this fucking place?

Its a huge ass fancy loking hotel but there's NOTHING in there.

Literally one room where nothing is happening. Zero.

I swear this game has the biggest number of pointless locations
>>
:^)
>>
>golf course inaccessible
>volcano is just a literal entrance that skips you to the exit without any dungeon
>7 towns and most of them barely have any enterable buildings

what happened?
>>
>everyone thought this was going to be some kinda massive water gym
>literally has no purpose in the story
>>
>>30435756
>I swear this game has the biggest number of pointless locations

I swear this game is pointless. Fixed.
>>
and people hated kalos for things like the inaccessible power plant D;

now we got even worse crap
>>
>/vp/ will defend this abomination

Once you faggots get out of the honeymoon phase with this game you'll come to the swift realization that the region is just as forgettable as Kalos if not maybe even worse
>>
>HURRR SUN AND MOON ARE SO GOOD
Fuck you idiots. It's worse every single gen. Peaked at gen 5. If you honestly think it didn't you're a god damn retard.
>>
>>30435756
The game is a vapid, on-rails guided tour. Pure exploitative garbage, "lol let's go to hawaii since we went on a vacation there, ooga booga guardian deity, bingo bongo trial shit, palm trees and brown people lol!", they just had a checklist of locations they wanted to do but none of it has any substance or purpose.
>>
>>30437317
Wise words, my boy, wise words
>>
ITT: People that got raped by SM.
OP is right though, that building was a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>30437314
Nah, despite Alola's towns the region itself has a lot more to see and explore than Kalos, and even though the towns in Alola are empty compared to past gens they still have a lot of character. Could be a hell of a lot better though.
>>
>20th anniversary game that's been in development longer than xy
>still rushed
kek
>>
>>30437372
a few of the towns have some character I'll give you that but the overwhelming majority of the routes between them were completely forgettable. Thinking back I can't remember any memorable routes especially on the first two islands. Maybe the area around the daycare but that's about it
>>
>>30437317
Agreed. From now on every time a new pokemon game comes out instead of buying it I'll just play gen 5 again.
>>
Its even more ridiculous if you think about the game size

3.2 GB and yet we cant enter so many plaaces because they're either closed, very small or just inaccesible
>>
>>30437424
I can't really remember any memorable routes from any games where "memorable" doesn't mean "cringing with pain at the memory."

Either it's just a route, or it's gimmicky bullshit that's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>30435756
Rushed and unfinished game to make it in time for the 20th Anniversary.
>>
>>30437372
>the region itself has a lot more to see and explore than Kalos

Thats not true, Kalos had more caves, cities and towns and prety much the same amount of routes as Alola.
>>
>>30435756
The game is rushed and unfinished Just look at the Golf shit and the giant ass pool with tubes.
>>
>>30437424
>route 2
>route 3
>route 8
>route 9
>route 12
>forgettable
Really?
>>
Pokemon Stars is the real gen 7 game.

Thanks for beta testing fags.
>>
>>30437372
Alola is small as fuck and the trick of having the camera so close to you doesn't work.
>>
>>30437424
the gen 3 volcano ash route was great
and the gen 5 desert
but that's pretty much it for me personally
>>
>>30437467
Also every building in Kalos had something in it. Alola... not so much. Huge empty maps with buildings you can't enter all over!
>>
>>30435756
You can't even sit down,This game sucks!
>>
>>30437476
>Golf
>Giant pool
The game's map is full unfinished areas.
>>
>>30437467
Most of Alola's routes are a lot bigger than anything in Kalos, and the regionis bigger all thins considered.

Also, Alola is a varied region, that however manages to be very cohese, Kalos is a collection of disjointed biomes that don't make any sense.

>autumm route
>pass gate, you're on a chilly city
>pass gate, there's so much snow you need a Mamoswine to make it across
>>
>>30437501

S-shhhh... don't mention that. Just hate on S&M like everyone else.
>>
>>30437549
Alola nine cities and towns
Kalos sixteen cities and towns

Alola 17 routes
Kalos 22 routes

Plus both region has extra areas

Not to mention Kalos has more accesible buildings

Alola is not bigger, thats your imagination
>>
>>30437549
>Kalos is a collection of disjointed biomes that don't make any sense.
To be fair, most regions are like this. Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos all feature random deserts.
>>
>>30435756
Yeah OP I totally agree with you, SM are the worst games in Pokemon history. Everyone who likes these games are retarded.
>>
>>30437593
Nice route 1 you got there Kalos
>>
>>30437618
Nice Mahalo trail you have in Alola
>>
Is this the biggest bait thread on 4chan right now?
>>
>>30437632
So complaining about how empty and unfinished the game is bait
>>
File: ACEROLA.png (2MB, 1217x677px) Image search: [Google]
ACEROLA.png
2MB, 1217x677px
>>
>>30437656
Everyone but OP and the route counting anon is baitposting.
>>
>>30437610
Out of those, the only one who could be considered "random" would the Unova ones. Desert in Hoenn and Sinnoh actually make sense geographically considering where they are located. Don't even get me started on Kalos Desert

>be on grassy route
>suddenly it's all arid and shit
>pass gate
>suddenly good weather and a huge city

>>30437593
For starters, when you only consider routes you discount tons of locations like the bays, the entire Poni Island and other relevant places like meadows that for all intents and purposes can be considered routes in everything except the name. Adding those Alola has more terrain to explore than Kalos.

Second, Kalos is full of tiny uninteresting routes. Alola has some stinkers, but overall the routes are bigger and more interesting in Alola.

Kalos has more cities, but then again more than half of the buildings have 2 NPCs max that say uninteresting shit, and none of those cities are as unique as the Seafolk Village,except for maybe Laverre City
>>
>>30437610
Hoenn's had the rain shadow from being boxed in. Sinnoh, due to the volcano. Although, that entire island being tropical doesn't make sense. Unova, I guess Volcarona drying up the place from underground. Kinda grasping with that last one. Kalos, I've got nothing.
If you mean by comparison to irl, then sure.
>>
>>30435756
for me the only redeeming quality of this game is that a lot of people seem to hate it too
>>
>>30437699
>>>30437593
>For starters, when you only consider routes you discount tons of locations like the bays, the entire Poni Island and other relevant places like meadows that for all intents and purposes can be considered routes in everything except the name. Adding those Alola has more terrain to explore than Kalos.
>Second, Kalos is full of tiny uninteresting routes. Alola has some stinkers, but overall the routes are bigger and more interesting in Alola.
>Kalos has more cities, but then again more than half of the buildings have 2 NPCs max that say uninteresting shit, and none of those cities are as unique as the Seafolk Village,except for maybe Laverre City

You're forgetting that Kalos also has plenty of extra areas aside from 16 cities and 22 routes

Azure Bay
Pokemon Viillage
Lost Hotel
Frost cavern
Zubats roost
Reflection cave
Glitering cave
Terminus cave
Power Plant
Pokeball factory
Parfum Palace
and a big vicctory road

Kalos IS bigger than Alola
>>
>>30437752
>Kalos IS bigger than Alola
there are people denying that?
>>
The thing is, the camera & model change is a much bigger difference than everyone seems to think. Suddenly character models, enemy trainers, patches of grass, etc etc don't all take up one square on a grid anymore. I think GF decided that the best way to progress would be to transition to full-sized character models, but doing that would require the environments to work entirely differently to be both immersive and in proportion. Thus, they chose a relatively small region in terms of overall size, but with a lot to see on foot. I think that's probably the best decision they could have made, but ultimately it means the growing pains of the game series itself has made this iteration of Pokemon a less grand version of what has come many times before.
>>
>>30437752
I actually avoided specifically mention small locations and cave since I was only focusing on locations that are "route"-like in aspecgt but

>Lush Jungle
>Shady Hourse
>Ruins x4
>Diglett Tunnel
>Resolution Cave
>Blush Mountain
>Hano Beach
>Shady House
>Destroyed Thrifty Megamart
>Malie Garden
>Hano Beach
>Hano grand Resort

And others I didn't mention, and the routes being on average way bigger and more content-packed than Kalos ones

The only thing Kalos has more than Alola are cities, which I suppose it makes sense since Alola is not as civilized as Kalos, but other than that Alola is bigger, has more areas to explore and it's actually cohese, not a random collection of poorly mashed biomes like Kalos
>>
>>30437870
You've mentioned Hano Beach and Shady House twice..
>>
>>30437628
>demo exclusive area
>>
>>30437888
My bad, pretend I said Altar of the Sunne and Lake of the Moone instead
>>
>>30437905
You didnt play the game, did you?
>>
>>30437518
Gen 3 forest, ash, bike underpass, desert, and ocean all stand out for me.
>>
>>30437870
>The only thing Kalos has more than Alola are cities, which I suppose it makes sense since Alola is not as civilized as Kalos, but other than that Alola is bigger, has more areas to explore and it's actually cohese, not a random collection of poorly mashed biomes like Kalos

Bullshit

Alola, just like Kalos, has few small, short routes like 6, 10, 11, 13, 14 and Kalos just like Alola has few long routes like 5, 6, 7, 8, 15, 16, 18, 20 etc
>>
>>30437905

LOL WTF? No.
>>
>>30437925
gen 3 desert was meh
and I can't even remember a forest
I remember the bike underpass but mostly for it being fucking annoying.
>>
>>30437920
Sorry, I was mistaking it for the main playing area in the demo, which doesn't seem to be in the actual game unless I missed it somehow.
>>
>>30437952
Notice how even you counted a lot more short routes for Kalos than Alola. Then remember how Alola has a shitload of places that look like routes but are not counted as such (such as the meadows and Poni Island in general). The picture slowly starts coming to life

>>30437925
I found Sinnoh's snow routes to be very distinctive. Really big and somehwt challenging, and amazing OST to boot. I hope they don't fuck it up in the remakes
>>
>>30438015
>Notice how even you counted a lot more short routes for Kalos than Alola.

But Kalos has only few short routes and Alola routes seem longer because of the new perspective ...
>>
Every time a new game comes out, people praise it for about 2 weeks and then go back to hating [current Pokemon game], while praising [Pokemon game 2 gens back].

It never fails to amuse the ends autists on here will go to nitpick every small (perceived) inconvenience.
>>
>>30438077
Alola has even fewer short routes, the bigger routes in Alola are bigger than the routes in Kalos and the perspective argument is bullshit, because for starters, I can also argue that since the player character is bigger, the routes look smaller when comparing it to the kalos routes where the characters are tinier
>>
>>30438120
inb4 someone says:
>Gamefreak shill/apologist/cocksucker
>0.01c was deposited into your account :^)
>>
>>30437314
Sun and Moon are great games, they still have annoying flaws. I don't have high standards but idc :^)

>>30437317
>It's worse every single gen. Peaked at gen 5.
I loved gen 5, but what you said was fucking retarded. Gen V can't peak if it gets worse. Gen 1 would be the peak to what you said.

>>30437424
I can't remember any of the routes for this gen as much as I remember the routes of Johto. Granted I only played those two regions once.

Same goes for Kalos, but that had a lot of gimmicks. Plus the region was too organized.

>>30437516
No wonder it bothers me that I want to see things not visible on the screen.

>>30437531
only in select spots, but yeah, at least we can lay in beds now!

>>30437979
Petalburg Woods
>>
>>30438012
It's the path to get to Tapu Koko iirc. Ten Carat Hill from the demo isn't in the game though, only the spot where we fought the totem Hakamo-o is the same.
>>
>>30438178
>Petalburg Woods
Oh yeah, had to google it though to remember the layout. It wasn't really anything special.
>>
>>30438247
Shroomish. For me routes stand out when they contain things that engage me. That can be pokemon, puzzles, unique layouts or whatever.

I think my retrospect for SuMo is going to be unfavorable concerning its routes. Nothing grabbed me.
>>
>>30438936
>SuMo
don't do this
>>
I liked every gen so far. I started playing on Red and competitive on Gold.

It was interesting to see the inclusion of new pokemon, new moves, breeding, natures, abilities, mega evolutions and now z-moves and alolan forms.

And I actually don't mind that the storyline progression becomes more and more of an interactive movie with each gen, even though it can be cliché as fuck. Because post-game you'll be manually grinding and breeding anyway.

Fuck me, right?
>>
Flavor/filler like half of Lumiose City.
>>
>>30438948
Why not?
>>
>>30440077
it's SM, not SuMo
You don't say ReBlYe either
or DiPePl
or BlWe
or FiReLeGr
>>
File: birb.png (32KB, 194x245px) Image search: [Google]
birb.png
32KB, 194x245px
>>30435756
I am convinced that this was where an eight Trial was supposed to happen with pic related, and where you would also get the Flyium Z
>>
>>30435756
>design guardian deities for each island, have them all be catchable and hyped up
>only one appears in the story, and only in two or three scenes
Topu Keko indeed.
>>
>>30437317
I literally don't remember jack shit about gen 5. Nothing.
>>
>>30437501
>Thinking stars will actually happen
>>
>>30437346
Underrated post.
>>
I'm glad this is being discussed. The routes and most towns are forgettable with many inaccessible places and are relatively small. The buildings and other elements are just scaled up.
>>
>>30437397
>still shit

Kekk

Gamefreak need to give up, they are fucking SHIT. They need to realize how actually terrible there are as developers and programmers and give the IP up.
>>
File: image.png (314KB, 800x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314KB, 800x416px
>>30435756
Remember when there was supposed to be a ridable Blastoise?
Remember when Furfrou was supposed to be in the Alola dex?
>>
I miss being able to go into nearly every house and just talk to the residents, even if most of what they said was just cute filler.
>>
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

:)

>>30440640
>still being this delusional
>>
It's interesting that Lillie's character was part of their plans from the beginning since that's pretty clearly prototype Lillie meeting with prototype MC.
>>
>>30435756
At first I found all the unopenable painted on doors annoying. But I think I actually prefer it to the old games where there were two houses in a "city" or a bunch of buildings that have no door at all. It makes the world feel more alive.
>>
>>30435756
>I swear this game has the biggest number of pointless locations

kek
>>
>>30440738
When did they ever mention Furfrou???
>>
>>30437346
Who hurt you???
>>
>>30440738
>ride on Blastoise riding a fire truck

That's stupid and you're dumb. The Blastoise was obviously some kind of aesthetic idea for a fire station that got scrapped at some point.
>>
I think 3d is killing Pokemon, and stopping them from making large routes or towns with more buildings I can go inside off.

Black & White had so much to it.
>>
File: 1480593175529.png (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480593175529.png
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>30443072
Sun & Moon has so much to the game though!
>>
>>30443072
Quality over quantity, lad. The routes and buildings in SM are much more diverse and varied in appearance compared to the old games where most things were simplistic with copy and pasted assets.

Still a bit early to say it's better than BW, but at the very least it's a solid second place.
>>
I'll upload this sometime tomorrow.
>>
>>30443430
Wrong Thread rip
>>
>>30437317
>stop liking what I don't
>gen 5 best meme

Fuck off, kid. You need to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>gen 5 was good meme

When will it end?
>>
>>30443267
>Much more diverse
90% of then are grassy or rocky lines. They're nothing special. The few vaguely unique routes are the shortest.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.