[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"It's the 3DS' fault that Pokemon Sun &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 134891231013.png (187KB, 361x262px) Image search: [Google]
134891231013.png
187KB, 361x262px
>"It's the 3DS' fault that Pokemon Sun & Moon lags and they had to disable the 3D! Don't blame it on Game Freak!"

Yet, somehow, Sakurai and his team were able to get Smash 3DS to run at a smooth 60fps WHILE in 3D even with all the shit that goes on in that game. Look, I know jack shit about game development, but I find it very hard to believe that XY, ORAS, and S&M's shit performance is because of the 3DS and not just Game Freak being incompetent.
>>
>>30432688
smash3ds is borderline sprite-based
Pokemon is marginally better looking than tr4sh
>>
File: 1454979895413.png (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454979895413.png
50KB, 400x400px
>>30432688
THIS! nintendo dindu nuffin stop making fun of them!
>>
>>30432717
I don't know what you're talking about. Smash 3DS looks damn good, especially with the 3D on.
>>
The Smash 3DS models look like shit while the game is actually running but you don't notice it when it's zoomed out. When you pause it uses higher quality models for screenshotting purposes.

The fault is GF's decision to make the models extremely high poly so they can just reuse them later without making any changes (which they've already done with Pokemon Go and Pokedex 3D pro)
>>
>>30432754
>>>/v/
>>
>>30432688
Did Battle Tree multis with myself using a new 3DS XL and an original 3DS. The lag on the original was incredible. The new one would be done with that turn while the original wouldn't even be halfway through the attack animations.

GF can't into optimization
>>
File: 4qzyroL[1].gif (113KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
4qzyroL[1].gif
113KB, 295x400px
>>30432688
Have you seen the character models in Smash Bros when the game is actually in motion?
>>
>>30432764
I mean, as far as 3DS games go.
>>
>>30432766
This, smash is metaphorical smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>30432766
They could have also saved a lot of processing performance by ditching the trainers in the battles.
>>
>>30432766
Exactly this. Game Freak was so fucking proud of their models that they wouldn't sacrifice any detail despite it making no difference in 240p resolution.
>>
S4 boots the 3DS into a special mode that keeps the OS from running, freeing up additional resources.

Dunno if this was the only game allowed to do so or if GF just decided not to use it.
>>
>>30432853
This was pretty much the whole reason why triple battles got scrapped, right? Because with 6 Pokemon and 3 trainers on the screen at once would cause the game to crash?
>>
>>30432931
*2 trainers
>>
Game Freak is technically incompetent, we've known this forever.

They are a small studio, Pokemon was their pet project and Gold and Silver were supposed to be the last Pokemon games. The series just got way bigger than they can handle, but the way the Japanese industry works allows them to keep working on it.
If they were a western studio the investor board would force them to massively expand or just source it to someone else.
>>
>>30432828
That's called LOD, and it's a fucking fantastic method of reducing lag.
>>
First off all, fuck you, Smash 4 is garbage and ruined potential compared to Melee and Project M, second of all, Pokemon uses models with a way higher poly count; a count found in most PS3 games! So of course it would lag on 3DS, ding dong.
>>
>>30432890
>S4 boots the 3DS into a special mode that keeps the OS from running, freeing up additional resources.
That only applies to the standard 3DS/3DS XL.
>>
>>30432977
>Gold and Silver were supposed to be the last Pokemon games

>HEY MA THIS COW KEEPS MILKING PURE GOLD
>BETTER KILL IT SON, NO USE FOR THAT
>>
The games don't lag in my N3DS XL. But they do in my 2DS and 3DS XL.
>>
>>30432853
Haw else will I see my swanky outfit while battling?
>>
>>30432688
Since when does anybody say it's the 3DS' fault? Game Freak are literally so incompetent they could barely get Double Battles working on the fucking system

Sakurai's a hack, but Game Freak is his senpai. That's why he left a good company like Hal Labs to make a bunch of Smash and puzzle games
>>
>>30432890
Sun and Moon also do that
>>
I agree, they are incompetent.

Let's be real though. You'll all still buy their games regardless so why would they give a shit?
>>
>>30433163
tfw Jimmy Neutron tries to bait people on /vp
>>
Even if Pokemon has better models than Smash (which doesn't really matter on a 240p screen anyway). Smash still has a far more consistent framerate despite being a much more computationally expensive game. Pokemon is a turn-based RPG, there is absolutely no reason why there should be any lag.

Not to mention that Smash could also run in full 3D.
>>
>>30433317
>Buying games
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 206 - dunsparce.gif (97KB, 62x41px) Image search: [Google]
206 - dunsparce.gif
97KB, 62x41px
>>30433183
Anon is retarded, but the way the series works in general is Game Freak literally never thinks ahead when designing the games and just throw in a bunch of gimmicks onto a wall and see what sticks. You can easily tell they had no forethought when designing Ruby and Sapphire from Gold and Silver, and from RS onward Masuda would essentially make every generation a soft reboot that semi-continues the story but allows newcomers to jump in at any point without being lost

Gold/Silver and B2/W2 are some of the actual, genuine sequels this series has
>>
>>30432853
trainer models+FPS drops > without those things
if it hurts you so much, get a N3DS. Outside of totem battles I haven't had any lag.
>>
>>30433257
You don't even see yourself in battle

>>30433317
I'm a piratefag now. A tad late but I sure as shit am not spending money on these gimped games anymore. How hard is it to include a a fucking Move Tutor? Why do i have to wait 2 years to buy the version that GF should've released first? etc
>>
>>30433362
>despite being a much more computationally expensive game
Except it's not. Proof: it doesn't lag. It runs on shit, low-poly sprites in limited environments. Whereas Pokemon and the trainers are absurdly high-poly.

You know, drawing stuff in memory and then outputting the result is also a process, and it also takes memory and resources. Inputting and processing the input isn't as expensive as you may believe.
>>
>>30433422
in what way is a small as shit dude in the background doing literally nothing better than not having framerate drops every 8 seconds and not having battle modes? If they wanted trainers to be in the field then why not just put a sprite there? What the fuck is the point? in what way is my experience bolstered by seeing a Youngster on my screen during battle?
>>
>>30433352
Not bait just speaking the truth. Unless the truth is bait now.
>>
>>30433524
Well you were talking up an overrated game and a fan game like they're some sort of masterpiece that Smash 3DS somehow disrespected, so I just gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you were baiting instead of actually being a moron.
>>
>>30433163
Jimmy. Stop it. Get some help
>>
>>30433455
Not him, but do they have to be absurdly high poly? As he mentioned, it's a 240p screen so is it unnecessary?
>>
>>30433524
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my best to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>30433317
I liked the game though. At least, I think I liked it. One thing it did was make me want to replay ORAS again, so there's that.
>>
File: IMG_2218.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2218.png
115KB, 238x326px
>>30432688
Implying they just didn't bother with 3D because A) No one cares about 3D and B) The difinitive version or sequel version will come out on the Switch in a year or so and no one will remember or care but us.
>>
File: me rn.png (379KB, 798x455px) Image search: [Google]
me rn.png
379KB, 798x455px
>>30432688
>Look, I know jack shit about game development, but
>>
>>30433822
>Implying no one cares about the 3D
>>
>>30434166
Yes, I said that in the post. That doesn't mean what I or anyone else said isn't true.
>>
>>30434391
Why the fuck would anyone pay attention to you after that? Why would you expect your opinion to matter after you profess your total ignorance about the topic?

>Look, I don't know shit about engineering, but
>Look, I don't know shit about Japanese, but
>Look, I don't know shit about medicine, but
>>
They've always been terrible at this. Gens 3 and 5 are probably the only decently programmed ones.
>>
>>30434363
The 3D doesn't really look that fantastic and only works if you look at it from a certain angle. It doesn't really add much to the games either, it's just another patented Nintendo gimmick

Hell, Nintendo even made a version of the 3DS that doesn't even have 3D. SM not having it isn't a goddamn thing to bitch about. What people should be complaining about is the fact it takes like 5 seconds to load a move during a double battle. That shit's nearly Diamond/Pearl tier
>>
Because they aren't taking advantage of Lods, the the high tris in the models just overwelms the pica200 gpu.
>>
Smash's animation is integral to the gameplay. GF just makes sure Pokemon's rock-paper-scissors engine works right and phones everything else in.
>>
>>30434433
I don't know, why don't you ask all the people that responded to this post including yourself, boyo?
>>
>>30434484
The 3D makes most of the games look better. Compare Meteor Falls in ORAS with 3D and without it and you'll notice it. Besides, if it's on the 3DS, then it should have the OPTION to be in 3DS, at least in some parts of the game.

>"B-But it'll make the game lag"

Motherfucker, the game lags even with it off.
>>
>>30433630
They're future proofing: let's make the games suck now and look wonderful later by cutting slack as soon as possible.

Making over 800 models is an expensive task, so their idea to make it more economical was to make them as good as possible and not having to make them again later. Moreover they can also port the models to other games, such as pokken tournament (yes they are the same models).
>>
>>30434433
>Hey this steak tastes like shit!
>Excuse me, are you a chef?!
>No, why does that matter?
>If you aren't a chef then your opinion on how my food tastes does not matter!
>>
>>30434773
>awful food analogy
>>>/v/
>>
File: 796 - xurkitree.gif (1MB, 92x84px) Image search: [Google]
796 - xurkitree.gif
1MB, 92x84px
>>30434683
Stop fucking strawmanning you dipshit, I just got done saying the game lags up the ass. Nobody reasonable gives a flying fuck about the 3D. I just want them to make games that don't stutter when more than two Pokemon are on screen
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.