[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when /vp/ thought Corrosion Salandit/Salazzle was going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: brit.jpg (21KB, 346x260px) Image search: [Google]
brit.jpg
21KB, 346x260px
Remember when /vp/ thought Corrosion Salandit/Salazzle was going to be relevant?

Remember when /vp/ thought Dancer Oricorio was going to relevant because "swords dance users are everywhere"?

Remember when /vp/ thought Vikavolt wasn't going to be a shitmon?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Remember when I killed your brother Eddie and I talked just like thiiiissss
>>
File: IMG_3577.gif (841KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3577.gif
841KB, 450x254px
>>30430563
>Crabrawler will be the next VGC star
>>
Corrosion's a great ability.

But Salazzle was like WORST choice to represent it, with how frail it is.
>>
Remember when Zygarde was supposed to be the most cucked legendary ever?
>>
>>30430563
Corrosion salazzle isn't bad at all. Poisoning toxapex is very helpful.
>>
>>30430741
enjoy getting OHKO by Toxapex's Bubblebeam, I guess

>>30430653
These dummies really thought a fucking fighting type CRAB pokemon was going to be good.
>>
File: YsbKHg1.gif (1MB, 275x252px) Image search: [Google]
YsbKHg1.gif
1MB, 275x252px
Glassiness be damned corrion toxic is magical.
>>
>>30430792
Please do calcs before you spew bullshit.
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salazzle: 158-188 (57 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>30430878
My Toxapex has Spa Atk investment, try again honey.
>>
File: 41662.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
41662.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>30430918
Then it's suboptimal sis
>>
File: eb7 (1).jpg (123KB, 942x943px) Image search: [Google]
eb7 (1).jpg
123KB, 942x943px
>>30430918
>My Toxapex has Spa Atk investment, try again honey
Why would you ever do that?
Even then 252 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salazzle: 228-270 (82.3 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>30430971
I'm not your sis, gworl.
>>
>>30430971
Drag ha!
>>
Remember those guys who were 100% sure that Grubbin was going to evolve into a coconut crab?
>>
File: pepperidge farm remembers.png (369KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
pepperidge farm remembers.png
369KB, 720x540px
>>30430563
>>
>>30430829
It's basically a free move every time you use it. There are practically no switch ins, aside from shit you've already poisoned (or komala/magic guard mons). It's a lot of fun.
>>
>>30430563
Salazzle is still a pretty good pokemon on this meta, you aren't seeing much of her because of Lele being able to fuck with her while Alolan Marowak being a flat out better answer to that particular niche.

As the meta developts, she will probably sit in UU but can easily put on work on a regular OU team who isn't running a Lele.
>>
pepperidge farm remembers
>>
>>30430629
Kek
>>
>>30430563
>Lunala has a 4x weakness so it'll be shit! SHIT!!!
>holy fuck Vikavolt is going to be so fast!
>Minior is just a useless shitmon with a gimmicky ability
>Ribombee will just be an early game Ledian clone
>>
>>30430563
Oricorio is fucking annoying in doubles though
>>
>>30430971
Merciless Venoshock Toxapex hits as hard as m-ala psychic and m-mewtwo-y psyshock even off base 50 spatk, with full investment. With defenses over 140, to boot.

>>30431010
>252+ SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salazzle: 248-294 (89.5 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
>>
>Incineroar is going to be fast because it's a cat
>>
File: 1470777046682.jpg (136KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470777046682.jpg
136KB, 600x900px
>>30430918
>toxapex
>investment in anything other then defenses
>>
>>30433738
>fully invested into special attack
>can't even gurnatee a kill on a fucking super effective attack on 60/68 health/ special defense

Am I being rused
>>
>>30430563
Salazzle corrosion is great, feels good poisoning the shit out of Magnezone and Crobat

Oricorio is useful too, had someone spam dragon dance gyarados just to have my Baile Oricorio Hurricane the shit out of them
>>
>>30434068
Yes and now would be a good time to stop giving him (you)s
>>
>>30431408
Nnnnnnnn
>>
>gives Corrosion to a frail setup sweeper
>gives Merciless to a bulky stallmon

Fucking Gamefreak
>>
>>30430563
F-fuck you! Vikavolt is good! G-good!
>>
it's almost like we didn't know their stats or movepools and were just speculating based on the information we had
>>
>>30430563
>people seriously thought decidueye was going to be the next greninja
>it turns out it was the next meganium and is completely outclassed by a floating anchor

owlfags on suicide watch
>>
>>30430971
Don't call me sis call me bro
>>
>/vp/ is one person
ebic XD
>>
>>30436982
The thing with /vp/ is that no one speculates. They just take the little tidbits of information they get, make up their own conclusion and repeat them forever as a fact. Which is why Incineroarfags were rightfully BTFO when their stupid furry tiger mask turn out to be a super slow shitmon
>>
>>30430563
>/vp/ was wrong for the 393th time this month
what else is new?
>>
>>30437515
The thing with smogon is that they analyze everything in their own shitty world. They just care about singles, ban anything that breaks the stall war and repeat the same meta since Gen IV as a fact. Which is why so many people got away of that ugly place after watching that even with console lag double battles are so much quicker than 200+ turns per battle.
>>
>>30437617
The defense mechanism is really strong in you. No one even mentioned Smogon this entire thread and you immediately used it to defend being terrible at this game.
>>
>>30436432
>>30431408

ONTD teas...
>>
>>30437479
>next Meganium
This retarded this board has become, right ?
>>
File: 1465073458941.jpg (77KB, 456x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465073458941.jpg
77KB, 456x900px
>Not smashing Cancerpex with that Corrosion Toxic and then counter stalling with a pressure mon

>Not giving cancer AIDS
>>
they done my boy vikavolt dirty
>>
>>30433665
I'm still fucking amazed at my little death bee. Especially interested to see how Pollen Puff could potentially play in doubles compared to Bug Buzz.
>>
>>30437711
tell me more about how 75/75 bulk with weaknesses to flying, dark, ice, fire and ghost is "amazingly tanky"
>>
>>30437907
Anyone who says "amazingly tanky" is a retard and you shouldn't even be paying attention to them let alone listen to what they say cause this board is lik an oasis for bad players. And if you seriously believe any starter can ever be as bad as Meganium, probably even worse, then you're just as much of an idiot as everyone here. NOTHING can ever be as bad as Meganium.
>>
Remember when we thought Decidueye was going to be the next Greninja?

Remember when we thought Mimikyu was going to be just another gimmicky shitmon?
>>
>>30438000
>Incineroar will be fast, look at how fast Torracat is!
>Primarina is guanteed OU!
>Rimbombee is the next Ledian
>Salazzle will totally be relevant!
>etc etc etc

/vp/ did gdet one thing right though. Toxapex is great
>>
>>30437956
This. Decidueye ain't great, but he isn't even anywhere near as bad as fucking Meganium. He's about on par with Chestnaught in terms of viability.
>>
>>30430563
I'm so sad about Vikavolt
It's a fucking lightning fighter jet beetle why is it so SLOW
is there something in the Alolan water that makes everything there bloated as fuck
>>
>>30438064
Dude, everything in Alola is so damn slow
>>
>>30438064
>fighter jet
It's a rail gun
>>
>>30437694
Yaaaaaas
>>
>>30440424
nnnnn I see u bitch
>>
>>30436819
Underrated post
>>
>>30437493
don't call me bro, ma
>>
>>30438064
They just all eat masaladas

Why do you think there's never anything on tv but maslada commercials?
>>
>>30436432
Is this Brandysource? :omgwhatshappening:
>>
>>30438064
Welp, Vika gets Agility for a reason and is tanky enough to not get OHKO by every mon he's up against.

At least works ingame, one Agi and he was ready to sweep, not sure how well that would go in PvP.
>>
>>30436819
>Decides to replace Gengar's levitate ability with something else
>Introduce an ability that can crit the opponent automatically if that are poisoned in the same Gen
>Could have had Hex Gengar with Merciless and Toxic Spikes support
>Gives Gengar Curse Body
>>
File: asian man pipe.jpg (8KB, 355x397px) Image search: [Google]
asian man pipe.jpg
8KB, 355x397px
>>30430629
>>
>>30430694
underated
>>
>>30430563
>Remember when /vp/ thought Corrosion Salandit/Salazzle was going to be relevant?
It is, corrosion Salazzle has been able to utterly destroy pretty much every threat in the game that I've come across. As for competitive, she can Toxic both Toxapex and Celesteela, which are widely considered the two strongest pokemon in this gen and are MASSIVE walls. She may die fast, but all you really need is to get that toxic onto them and you're good.
Also, remember when /vp/ thought bewear looked stupid and that mimikyu would be a trash gimmick mon?
>>
>>30444124
That is probably exactly why they gave it cursed body and not merciless
>>
I'm waiting for a larvesta for oricorio.
>>
>>30436819
Complaining about giving merciless to a bulky stallmon is like complaining that they give huge power to low-base-attack pokemon like Azumarril and not fuckin Rampardos or something. OBVIOUSLY they're going to give it to someone who doesn't hit very hard because otherwise it would be BROKEN.
I'm really fucking glad you idiots aren't in charge of any video games.
>>
I've never seen Toxapex used well
I've seen it eviscerated by Magnezones and Vikavolts and that's it
>>
>>30433365
>Minior used power gem
>>
>>30437479
>starters are either Greninja or meganium
And food either gives you a full-body orgasm or it's literal feces from a gutter, right? There's a middle ground, dude.
>>
>>30444418
Can't Salazzle just Fire Blast Celesteela?
>>
>>30430563
Corrosion Salazzle is relatively decent actually.
I have literally never heard anyone say Oricorio would be good, neither before or after we knew the stats, anybody saying so is a moron.
Vikavolt is pretty bad, but as far as regional bugs go it's one of the better ones. It's pretty much as useful as you would expect a regional bug that evolves late to be.
>>
>>30430792
>enjoy getting OHKO by Toxapex's Bubblebeam, I guess
Literally all she needs to do is toxic you, which she will do on the first turn because she's faster.
Also, any good toxapex user will not invest in SPA, and like someone else said, even if you do, it won't do a OHKO with Scald.
>>30433738
Merciless and Venoshock are literally useless against Salazzle, because you can't poison her. She can poison you.
Also, Scald won't burn her cause she's Fire, too.
Salazzle will toxic your precious wall and probably even get out scot-free.
>>
>>30438048
Both sides of this "argument" are incredibly irritating. Decidueye did not end up being a top-of-the-line sweeper with clear GameFreak favoritism, nor is it irredeemable garbage without any kind of merit. It's versatile and capable enough to perform OK in a few roles, but it is by no means the best option for any of those roles. If you like it and want to build a team around it, go ahead. It isn't total dead weight and it's not straight-up outclassed by Dhelmise either as some folks keep saying. It'll probably be UU, or even RU, and some Smogonites think it could potentially put in work on specific OU teams but it's just not that big of a deal. Definitely an Empoleon/Chesnaught tier starter, and to be honest that's not too bad. Before Megas and Greninja that level of "viability" was something to be thankful for as a starter. Think of pre-Kalos Charizard.

I'm happy with my owl, and I'm glad it's not a complete waste, but I have no illusions about its overall usefulness.
>>
>>30444554
I mean, you could, but celesteela will probably heal a lot back and kill you pretty quickly. If you have a wall to wait out the celesteela, toxic works best because it will eventually get enough damage built up to surpass the endless heals.
>>
I just use salazzle as a glass cannon type pokemon. If for any reason i survive a hit a know im gonna be koed next turn ill use toxic. Corrosion makes sure i can get that last situational toxic off on any pokemon.

Its not bad but it could be better.
>>
>>30444691
The only healing it has is Leech Seed though, and it's not very fast. Toxic puts a timer on it, but by the time you finally beat it, it might have already done too much damage to your team.
>>
>>30444794
Have you actually seen a celesteela holding leftovers and seeding?
>>
>>30430563
Remember when /vp/ thought Sophocles was going to be on the second island?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.