[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss Primarina and Incineroar 2 Pokemon with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

Let's discuss Primarina and Incineroar 2 Pokemon with a better chance of being OU than worse Ghost Anchor Owl
>>
None of the three will get past RU so yeah.
>>
>>30430425
please don't start another starter war thread
>>
>>30430425
>that navel
hnnnnnnnng
>>
>>30430425
Honestly incineroar has the worst chance of the three of them due to getting the least useful HA.
>>
>>30430454
Primarina is doing fine in UU beta, Decidueye have a nice because is Defog user with Roost than isnt weak to Rock
Incineroar isnt just a bad Houndoom for singles?
>>
>>30430528
It's actually the most useful. Primarina barely has any sound based moves and Decidueyes would only be useful in OU where he is too slow and fragile to do shit.
>>
>>30430550
>Primarina is doing fine in UU beta
Where's this beta?
>Decidueye have a nice because is Defog user with Roost than isnt weak to Rock
Flygon
>Incineroar isnt just a bad Houndoom for singles?
A mix of bad Arcanine and bad Houndoom.
>>
>>30430470
TOO BAD
>>
File: 1473305682864.jpg (81KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1473305682864.jpg
81KB, 961x759px
>>30430425
Scald or liquidate Hyper Voice?
>>
>>30430528
>Intimidate
>worse than Water-type sound moves and non-contact physical moves

How?
>>
>>30430712
>liquidate

Meant liquid voice.
>>
>>30430528
It's actually the most useful one since Incineroar has the bulk to use it, Decidueye isn't getting past rough skin and Iron Barbs users anyway and Primarina's is redundant.
>>
>>30430712
Scald since most Specs users are using that over Surf anyway (just as powerful as Shadow Ball) and a clutch Scald helps in many situations
>>
>>30430819
Owl's HA also negates poison touch and Flame body, but why the hell would you stay in on those?
>>
>>30430528
Are you high? Incineroar is going to be competing with Arcanine in doubles once its HA gets released.

It's bulkier, has higher attack, and has access to fake out and some other moves Arcanine doesn't have. Granted Arcanine has some moves incineroar would kill for too, but it really boils down to whichever your team needs more.

Primarina is the worst of the 3 starters by far.
>>
>>30430964
What in doubles? No the owl is the worst there given all its support is singles oriented. Defog? Hazards aren't used. Roost? Not enough time for that to be a good use of a turn. Baton pass? Way too many turns for little payoff.
Primarina at least has the niche of just hitting hard.
>>
>>30430819
>Decidueye's HA is fucking fantastic
>But literally everything that has a counter-contact move, even in casuals, is something that Decidueye can't stay in on, save for MAYBE Cute Charm, which doesn't even see play in casuals outside of people that like Sylveon.
The fuck is even with HAs for the starters this gen. Did Kalos spoil us with Protean frogs? Is this BECAUSE of Protean frogs being too good?
>>
>>30430425
*raises paw*
umm excuse me? Robin Root is already the most popular pokemon in showdown OU and it's only a matter of time before it gets kicked to ubers for being too strong. Nobody cares about the faggot anchor
>>
>>30430528
>intimidate
>least useful
>>
>>30430712
Hydro Pump
>>
>>30432068
God damn it not you again. Face the facts, the owl sucks ass.
>>
>>30430528
Anon this is just dumb. Primarina's is literally useless no matter what and Decidueye's is highly situational.

>>30432309
>it missed
>>
>>30431854
Protean was most likely an accident(as in they didn't expect it to be as op as it was), so this gen the HA are all trying to be not op, but Decid's was trying to be 'cool' like protean was.

The owl seems to be this gen's Frog in terms of what normies picked
>>
>>30430712
I'm running Aria in singles for now, helps hit those sub-seed Celesteela's who think they can set up on me and Torrent just makes it stronger.
Honestly Aria is just a better Surf in singles, unless they have soundproof. No one is going to switch in their burned mons just to get smacked by 90 bp water.
>>
>>30432471
So Aria actually hits through subs? Either way I can't imagine it is better than Surf. If the thing they switch in with burn is resistant to water then you just fucked yourself over. Also Scald still exists and actually has a good effect instead of a bad one.
>>
>>30432391
I picked it because I always go for the grass starter and like owls anyway, but the HA is a huge disappointment when matched with his stats and typing. Fucker can't take a hit, so it's not like contact moves are actually going to fuck you up any harder than basically any damage move would.

Not to mention this gen also gave us an ITEM that does the SAME SHIT, so the ability's not even got niche applications if you can get the item and justify the slot for it.
>>
If we're not shitposting, I think the cat might have an outside shot when it gets its HA. It's bulky with intimidate and has a move that kills voice moves.
>>
>>30430425
primarina(male) is mah husband
>>
>>30432582
It's too slow and Throat Chop isn't worth running since the slowest thing that uses voice moves is Sylveon which speed ties.
>>
>>30432329
It's just as good as electivire, donphan and trevenant anon
>>
>>30432569
I liked when we could pretend his HA was stakeout
>>
>>30432543
Sparkling Aria isn't really great. But if you really want to hit through subs, you may as well just run Sparkling Aria instead of getting useless Liquid Voice.
>>
>>30430914
What do you mean it negates poison touch? You do realize that the pokemon with poison touch only has to use a contact move against you to poison you.

I'm pretty use long reach only makes it so YOU don't touch the pokemon with what otherwise would be a contact move. Not making you completely immune to contact moves.
>>
>>30432658
I liked when we could pretend Primarina's HA was Serene Grace. Imagine how amazing that would have been.

>>30432663
And you may as well run Scald instead of taking a chance on helping the opponent. Being able to inflict a burn is more useful than hitting through subs.
>>
>>30432663
it does have a really sweet attack animation at least.

I prefer scald though, but i'm the kind of animation autist I almsot kept Aria on looks. I mean I wouldn't run wood hammer on chesnaught in x/y because "rotate the model a half circle" is a retarded attack animation, and all my Alola Golem attacks use the firing out of the back animation
>>
>>30432658
>Can't switch out on him because Spirit Shackle.
>When he kills you he'll be set up to kill the next guy, too.
That would've actually been good.
>>
What a cute tummy
>>
>>30432740
I don't even think i could handle the boners of a serene grace Prima firing scald's at shit.
>>
>>30432636
Yeah, but they all have better abilties and stats.
>>
>>30432740
I'm not saying to run Sparkling Aria. Just that Liquid Voice is outclassed even by its signature move.

>>30432746
I use Aria offline for the Z-move. If I play against other people though, I always pick Hydro Pump.
>>
>>30432602
but there's no male primarinas.
>>
>>30432799
I actually started with the Owl so i don't have the Z crystal for her, got a modest with a bunch of her egg moves and use that for fun on the side.

>>30432806
I literally wondertraded 6 male's with eggmoves just today, not my fault most people aren't open to some femboy diva
>>
>>30432924
People that like Primarina as a female either genuinely like it or just want to fuck it. People that like Primarina as a male only like it as something to make fun of.
>>
>>30432543
>>30432740
Aria/Surf grabs some KOs that Scald doesnt. Hydro Pump is even more power but less accuracy. Aria healing burns opponents burns is a very unlikely and situational scenario, and you can even use it to your advantage if you know they are going to switch in a burned mon, especially if you've got HP Ground/HP Fire.
Aria isn't going to be popular over scald or hydro pump, but it isn't a gimmick either.
>>
>>30433839
Is HP Ground even worth it? I can get HP Fire purely for Ferrothorn but that's it.
>>
>>30433839
sometimes i feel like Aria should have been fairy type, it fits the theme with the other starters unique moves being their secondary type, not primary, and would have given her a psuedo 'synergy' with Scald for her stab move options
>>
>>30432981
>not liking Traps
What are you, Gay?
>>
>>30433908
I agree that it should have been a fairy move but how would that have synergy with Scald?

In fact that is yet another that thing perplexes me. Why did the others get moves with their secondary typing but Primarina get a water move? It already gets more than enough water moves on top of it's HA giving it a few more.

I honestly can't understand a single decision they made with Primarina. Everything they did with it just confuses me on how they thought any of it could be good.
>>
File: primarina.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
primarina.png
118KB, 500x500px
What Ev spreads are you guys using on Primarina?

168hp/252spatk/88 speed or 252/252/4
>>
>>30430528
>weak to fighting
>most common physical attacking type
>intimidate cuts attack
Literally the most useful.
>>
>>30434441
Intimidate is a great ability but you're not selling it well by telling people to intentionnally switch into stuff with Fighting-type attacks.
>>
I don't think any of them will be OU. Owl will probably be like Chesnaught, UU with a niche in OU. Dunno about the other two.
>>
>>30434464
Anon you do realise how common a physical fighting type move is right? You're more than likely going to switch into a mon with one regardless.
>>
>>30430425
>Incineroar
>OU
>ever
HAW
HAW
HAW
A
W
>>30430560
If Intimidate was enough to make anything OU, Mightyena wouldn't be in the depths or whateverU.
>>
>>30434511
Yes because slow grass/ghosts with "niches" in ou totally worked out last gen right

>>30434546
>If Intimidate was enough to make anything OU, Mightyena wouldn't be in the depths or whateverU.

Except nobody was contesting Incineroar was OU material in that post, just that Intimidate is the overall better ability on the three.
>>
>>30434412
I'm using the 88 speed, doing work so far but it's not as bulky as I'd hoped.
>>
>>30434546
mightyena doesn't have intimidate + u-turn + will-o-wisp
>>
>>30430528
He'll probably become the first or second best when he gets Intimidate and maybe essential tutor moves like Knock Off. He just doesn't have the toolset to be viable right now.
>>
>>30430621
>flygon
>garchomp and thousand waves zyg roaming ou
>>
>>30430425
I enjoy shitting on owl as often as possible but it's the only one of the three that has a legit niche in OU thanks to spin blocking, defog, being a good tanky pivot and spirit shackle actually being a good move.
>>
>>30436436
Or leech life for that matter.
>>
File: 1478304751649.jpg (291KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478304751649.jpg
291KB, 600x720px
Why are people still pretending they hate Decidueye?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.