[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So....I'm inside Ultra Space and it dawned on me. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1457158057426.gif (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1457158057426.gif
12KB, 500x500px
So....I'm inside Ultra Space and it dawned on me.

What exactly is Lusamine's motivation for pretty much any of her actions? Including wanting to come here, her obsession with Nihilego, or anything else?

Why did we follow her if the Kahunas dealt with the UBs that were unleashed and Lusamine wants to stay in Ultra Space?
>>
>>30430131
Also, Lusamine took out her full health Bewear and used Pain Split on my half health Primarina, for some fucking reason.
>>
>>30430131
She got mindfucked by one of them when she went looking for her missing husband in ultra space, got addicted to it I think and It drove her nuts.

Even though she was a terrible parent Lillie still wanted to save her mother from being skull fucked by jellyfish endlessly. Also we had to save our boy Guzma.
>>
>>30430442
The game does fuck all to make that into a plot point, of all things.

She did nothing wrong. She just wanted to collect them all.
>>
>>30430442
Just beat Jelly Jiggler Lusamine

Literally in the absolute last second possible she shows some sort of emotion to look sympathetic? Fuck off game, hate that shit. At least Platinum just went "nah, Cyrus is just batshit." before having him walk off into the Distortion World

Also, when is that husband thing mentioned? Because central character motivations really shouldnt be something I have to search for, Though the same could be said for Cyrus' house in Sunyshore.
>>
>>30430649
Gladion talk about it when he give you Null
>>
>>30430541
it tells you why she became obsessed with i;tra space AFTER you beat her sadly
>>
>>30430541
You are why the games are becoming so fucking linear and handholdy.

Just go around and talk to NPCs, it's explained who her husband was and what happened to him.
>>
>>30430714
There's a difference between the plot being linear and background information that will help us understand a character happening after the story is over
>>
She experimented with Ultra Space for legitimate scientific reasons.

During one of her experiments, she came into contact with Nihilego and it mindfucked her turning her into a nutter and ruining her family, which is why her husband left.

Her motivation during the game is to go back to Ultra Space, because the Nihilego mindfucked her and probably tricked her into thinking it'll help her somehow.
>>
>>30430762
A good chunk of that info is on the Dimentional Research Lab, so talking to Gladion in the story paints her as a manipulative bastard, but talking to the more calm post-game Gladion gives you the real story and it all links together.
I found it neat.
>>
>>30430703
>>30430714
>implying I don't talk to NPCs
>implying I don't scour every building and look in every trash can

And there were only three buildings a town in these games.

Sorry I'm the reason SM forces you to go to certain places solely for plot and not for any gameplay value. Sorry an antagonist's motivation shouldn't be buried in between walls of text and minutes of poorly transitioned cutscenes.
>>
Also, because I cant be bothered to make a new thread, is Calm a good enough nature for Lunala? I see a lot of Modest stuff but Calm looks good too

>>30430855
It's that the story paints her as a manipulative bastard until literally the very last second, and then tells you afterwards that no she was sympathetic all along. Dont like it. Though it was their narrative choice.

Also means Nihilego probably is the most assholish pokemon in the franchise
>>
>>30431075
For in-game anything that doesn't reduce Spd or SpAtk is fine, but if you want to be competitive with it you need Modest or Timid. Calm would only be for if you want to run a defensive set with, say, Calm Mind and Moonlight. But that's not something that a Pokemon with two 4x weaknesses should be doing, especially one that's 4x weak to Sucker Punch.
>>
>>30431165
Right. On one hand, I'd want to try for the better nature, even if most battles will be with friends and I never use legends anyways.

On the other hand, I dont want to throw away an ok nature and get 10 tries of shitty ones before giving up
>>
She was researching Ultra Space because of an ultra wormhole claiming her husband.

She became obsessed with the beasts that resided in Ultra Space when she began seeing Nihilego as a replacement for her daughter.

In other words, a broken woman trying to restore the family she felt she had lost, by any desperate means she could. It really shouldn't be that hard to come to that conclusion yourself.
>>
>>30431248
As I said, if you're solely doing in-game stuff with it Calm will be fine. I'd personally suggest going for Modest or Timid, or find a friend or kind anon with a hacked 3DS, trade it to him, and have him PKHeX the nature to something better for you.
>>
>>30431258
It would be hard when the game doesnt say this until after the game ends
>>
>>30430812
Put your headcanon away. Her husband didn't walk out on them, Gladion outright says his father discovered Ultra Space and disappeared during an experiment on Ultra Wormholes. The PC in Secret Lab B says the person who discovered Ultra Space was Professor Mohn. Her obsession was Ultra Space started because of his disappearance.
>>
nihilego explicitly "possesses" people as described by Wicke in the postgame, destroying any inhibitions they may have, usually for the benefit of the nihilego.
>>
>>30430442
>She got mindfucked by one of them when she went looking for her missing husband in ultra space, got addicted to it I think and It drove her nuts.
Stop this meme. She never made contact with a UB (besides Nebby) before the events of the game.
>>
File: IMG_5304.gif (1MB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5304.gif
1MB, 540x250px
>>30430131
Its stated later, I believe by Wicke, that Lusamine's husband disappeared suddenly when studying ultraspace and UBs, and that might have been what started the obsession. An attempt to bring him back that got warped over time.

As for bringing her back, that wasn't your decision; that was Lillie's. She chose to do so because she wanted a chance to redeem her mother.

You'll notice you actually have very little input on the course of the plot, especially after Lusamine disappeared. That's the climactic point in Lillie's character arc where she not only starts making decisions and leading, but also is ahead of you, literally, throughout most of the latter half of the story. This is Lillie's story, not yours. Your motivation should have been to help Lillie accomplish her goal.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.