[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my bro get so much h8? He's my favourite gen v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: emboar_by_dfreyes-d5uxwe0.png (353KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
emboar_by_dfreyes-d5uxwe0.png
353KB, 900x900px
Why does my bro get so much h8? He's my favourite gen v starter by far. Love his design and I made him pretty viable in VGC15 rules with the set:

Warpath (Emboar) @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
252 HP, 252 ATK, 6 DEF
-Hammer Arm
-Flare Blitz
-Head Smash
-Earthquake

Anybody else like Emboar, or am I truly the only one?
>>
>>30430102
I love him!
>>
>>30430102
Most of his flak stems from him having the same motif as the previous fire starter. I'm not a fan of the Unova starters, but he's okay
>>
File: cccc.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cccc.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
Yeah hes cool
Pretty solid setup you got OP
>>30430102
>>
Thanks fellas, good to know I'm not alone.

Does anyone have any other good sets for this beast different than mine?
>>
File: IMG_2142.jpg (22KB, 216x129px)
IMG_2142.jpg
22KB, 216x129px
>>30430102
Emboar is the first fire type starter I truly liked. He outranked my long time bros Venusaur and Torterra (I still like them a lot). Emboar is a bro. Just keep using what you like
>>
File: 1471571693412.jpg (46KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
1471571693412.jpg
46KB, 599x588px
>>30430102
Emboar is a pretty cool guy.
>>
First gen I didn't chose the water starter. Love my Embro.
>>
>>30430102
I feel a deep disgust for this fucker since 2010. He embodies everything that is wrong with fire type starters, and he continued a trend started by Blaziken making it 100x times worse.

If it made sense for Typhlosion, Blaziken and Infernape to stand on two feet, while being not excessively anthropomorphized, Emboar was the first one to be a quadruped animale humanized for no fucking reason.

A wild boar on two feet, a fennec on two feet, a freaking cat on two feet. And we're not even talking "bipedal" like Blastoise and Meowth, which were clearly still the animal they represented.

We're talking "bipedal" for the sake of being bipedal. And for me it's just utter trash, an insult to what a fire type should be (don't tell me a fire saber tooth tiger wouldn't have been better than Incineroar).
>>
File: IMG_2638.jpg (43KB, 316x300px)
IMG_2638.jpg
43KB, 316x300px
>>30430888
All this salt just makes the bacon taste better
>>
>>30430102
Lazy as fuck.
Doesn't just recycle the type but also the theme. And it's just a fat pig with shit all over it. No thought put into at all.
Competitively trash, another karenfag liability.
>>
>>30430888
>and he continued a trend started by Blaziken making it 100x times worse.

I know right, fire/fighting for the thi-

God fucking dammit.
>>
>>30430996
I was actually talking about the whole anthro thing but yeah fire/fight is another huge, HUGE con on my book
>>
>>30430102
I liked him a lot, and he's the one I actually picked in White when Imajoritively seem to go between grass and water.

>>30430199
it was basically this plus the two previous versions already did the fire/fighting design 'right' mechanics wise.

Blaziken just suffered in speed (once he got speed boost he became a beast, and the monkey was a glass cannon, but a well made one.

Emboar did nothing really 'better' than his predecessors, and was the third consecutive repeat of the 'same' typing. everyone who prefers the fire types was just sick and tired of fighting being shoved on the type to cover it's problems.
>>
>>30430982
the sadder part is he doesn't actually recycle the theme, just lazily repeats the type.

Blaziken was an attempted mixed sweeper because of how mixed typing was in 3rd gen.

Infernape is a mixed sweeper how people 'needed' a mixed sweeper to be statted

Emboars an attempt at a 'bulky' brawler with the usual Gamefreak design trope weaknesses (low special def but ok phys def and high hp ebcause big oaf fighter.)

He's lucky he at least got interesting move options, unlike the fox.
>>
You mean hate in the outside world, or just in /vp/?

Because if it's the latter, you shouldn't let a bunch of anons on a Cantonese image board get to you if it does.
>>
>>30430199
He's also ugly so there's that
>>
>>30430888

At least Emboar looks like he could be on all fours and still evokes a boar, Incineroar in most fanart looks like a red and black striped muscleman in anatomy with a cat head slapped on top.

I don't mind bipedal starters as long as they aren't humans with furry masks on.
>>
File: CTBHzsnVEAIuk9J.jpg (52KB, 600x403px)
CTBHzsnVEAIuk9J.jpg
52KB, 600x403px
I actually really love Emboar. He's my favorite starter, Incineroar and Chesnaught coming close. I guess I just find his desing both cool and adorable.
>>
>>30431322
Honestly his ulginess is what appeals to me the most, if that makes any sense.

You don't need looks to be a total bro
>>
>>30430982
What is a karenfag?
>>
>>30434610
I kinda get your point since I like Conkeldurr and Rhyperior but how is a beard of fire not one of the best things????
>>
>>30431231
>he doesn't actually recycle the theme

Infernape is the monkey king.
Emboar is another character from monkey king.
>>
>>30434286
Yep, you just outed yourself as a Barafag. Just so you know.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.