[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it weird that i absolutely fucking hate spiders in real life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-752Araquanid.png (61KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-752Araquanid.png
61KB, 250x250px
Is it weird that i absolutely fucking hate spiders in real life but love the pokemon based on them?
>>
>>30429675
Araquanids's design is one of the best of this gen
>>
>>30429675
Yeah it's pretty funny to hear arachnophobes say one of their favorite Pokemon happens to be Galvantula, Ariados, and now this guy.
>>
>>30429675
Isn't this a mental disorder or psychological theory? Any psych majors here?
>>
>>30429800
Arachnophobia, and no because being a Psychology major is financial suicide.
>>
File: spides.gif (313KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
spides.gif
313KB, 500x281px
>>30429675
pokéspiders aren't scary
>>
>>30429675

I mean, the Pokedex even says that Araquanid is friendly despite its appearance. And given the generally fucked-up nature of most SM Pokedex entries, that says a lot.
>>
>>30429892
I really like Joltik and Galvantula.

A tick that saps energy from other Pokemon to use as electricity is a killer concept, and making it turn into a spider that can make electric webs is just icing on the cake.

Arachnids, yo.
>>
>>30429892
dunno man imagine waking up at 3am and seeing that big fucking spider thing up in your face
>>
I fucking hate wasps and hornets in real life but I've got no beef with Beedrill or any other vidya bugs.
>>
>>30429675
Pokemon are just better than animals.
>>
>>30429675
It has 6 legs...
>>
>>30429675
Not really. I hate bugs and my favorite pokemon this gen is Golisopod.
>>
>>30429675
Gen 7 gave us the best designed bug types out there
>>
>>30430064
No spider pokemon has correct anatomy.
They're pokemon.
>>
>>30430229

Nah, they're good, but Gen V still has that title. Galvantula, Leavanny, Crustle, Volcarona, Durant, Scolipede... all fantastic designs.
>>
>>30429911
>the Pokedex even says that Araquanid is friendly

>It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.

I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>30430331

The Moon entry is much nicer.
>>
File: 250px-768Golisopod.png (73KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-768Golisopod.png
73KB, 250x250px
>>30430319
they're all good, expecially Scolipede but they can't hold a candle to this bad boy here, easily my new fav bug type of all time too bad it's shit
>>
People without aracnophobia might not understand that in order to trigger it, you have to subconsciously think "The thing I'm looking at is a REAL spider".

Pokémon's spiders are cartooney, and I have the suspicion that the designers are told not to make Bug type's faces too realistic because that would easily trigger people's phobias.

The only mon that breaks this rule is Venonat. Its face is too insect like and though i've mostly grown out of my insect phobia, Venonat used to offput me because it looked too much like a real bug.
>>
>>30429675
I used to be a huge arachnaphobe. Now I just don't like them crawling on me. I fear and respect them. I let them set up webs by my door to keep out bugs. Spiders are incredibly cool.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.