[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we'll never get new megas >from now on there will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (86KB, 275x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 275x185px
>we'll never get new megas
>from now on there will always be two sets of starters that are objectively better than the others
>Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp will always be one step above Dragonite and other pseudos
>Slowbro and Glalie will always be able to evolve "further" than their counterparts Slowking and Froslass
>Mega Evolution for Milotic never despite Gyarados having one
W-Why would they do this

Don't they know how autistic some of their fans are with patterns? This shit will haunt me forever
>>
What bothers me most is how Audino is the only gen 5 mega.
>>
>>30425275
This
Who thought it was a good idea to give the exp grind Pokemon a Mega
>>
>>30425314
Audino is my waifu kys faggot
>>
>>30425275
>no mega bisharp
>no mega golurk
>no mega volcarona
>no mega hydreigon
>no mega conkeldurr
>no mega escavalier
>NO MEGA LITERALLY ANYTHING BUT AUDINO

audino is the shittiest gen 5 pokemon they could have made a mega for :(
>>
>>30425275
And they gave it Healer instead of Regenerator.
>>
>>30425387
Give her fucking Triage. That shit fits so well.
>>
>>30425372
I agree with most of your suggestions but Audino is cute, leave her be
>>
>>30425372
>LITERALLY NO MOTHERFUCKING MEGA HAXORUS
That triggered me desu
>>
>>30425275
FUCKING THIS

Out of all the great gen 5 pokemon they could've given a mega to they give it to fucking AUDINO
>>
>>30425275
It's even weirder because Audinite is given to you by an amnesiac Looker who presumably just arrived from a dimension where megas don't exist.
>>
>>30425648
He washed up on shore right? If anything it was a mega stone that someone chucked into the ocean.
>>
File: Beasts.png (636KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
Beasts.png
636KB, 737x545px
>>30425189
tfw they will probably drop these cuties next instead of expanding on new otherdimensional lifeforms, their dimension and the destruction of the RSE timeline.

Why do they even bother making cool stuff like this just to drop it literally one Gen afterwards?
>>
>>30425714
Because muh "every gen is unique" mentality
>>
>>30425714
>the destruction of the RSE timeline
Someone PLEASE for the love of god KILL this meme
>>
>>30425648

>Audino
>I dunno
>Looker lost his memory

Hence him giving you the Audinite
>>
>>30425275
this, so goddam much
>>
>>30425755
多分ね?
>>
>>30425714
>and the destruction of the RSE timeline.

well memed you sewage mouth
>>
Megas should be removed.
>>
File: mawile-mega.jpg (31KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
mawile-mega.jpg
31KB, 300x266px
>>30425189
Megas are way cooler than Z moves are.
>>
>>30425971
Fucking this. Considering models don't even animate for the moves. Half the time it's a fucking static mon moving around
>>
>>30425714
>UBs in SM
>appear on one region, get their shit kicked in by fucking Tapus and then are finally defeated/caught by a kid with legendaries
>UBs could have appeared in the non-mega universe as well, or at least in Hoenn because of Anabel
>kids who believe everything stupid youtubers tell them somehow think the same UBs would be able to destroy not only one region but also the entire non-mega WORLD
>despite that world having several pokémon stronger than everything in Alola, and also multiple kids with even stronger legendaries
>this is how retarded /vp/ is
>>
>>30426063
>>appear on one region, get their shit kicked in by fucking Tapus and then are finally defeated/caught by a kid with legendaries
>I didn't read the lore OR the kahuna dialogues.
The tapus, along with the Kahunas supposedly not holding back, were barely able to turn them back.

I don't subscribe to the theory, which by the way was written here before appearing in youtube, but check your shit.
>>
>>30426248
Despite not being able to defeat them, the Tapus were still able to effectively prevent the UBs from causing any major damage to the region. And that's while being Alola's version of things like the legendary beasts or the musketeers.

To think the same UBs would be able to wreck shit in a region with Fug or the Creation Trio around is simply absurd, and I don't know why someone would even entertain such an idea.
>>
So what's the general opinion on /vp/ about Megas anyways? Half the time people call it cancer and other times people praise it and complain that it's been dropped
>>
>>30426538
Gen 6 made the fanbase become super-obsessed with grasping for straws. I mean look at all the people that got mad about UBs not having human disguises

>>30426921
I think the execution was wack but it could've been fixed. Instead GF decided to unceremoniously sweep the concept under the rug which says terrible things about any combat features that are added in the future.
>>
>>30427016
This. I fear if gf keeps throwing half-baked mechanics into the games for the sakes of being shiny and new the games are going to be a mess of broken gimmicks.
>>
>>30426921
According to literally every poll made about the subject, Megas are well-liked overall. Many people think it was executed poorly as a game mechanic, but still appreciate the concept and the designs.

The ones who call it the worst thing ever are just a vocal minority.
>>
>>30425189
Nah megas aren't gone forever. I guarantee we'll get new ones whenever the Sinnoh remakes drop, considering the professor studies evolution
>>
>>30426921

I love the idea of Megas. Some breathe new life into old mons that have been left behind, some are great competitively (Mega Lopuuny is the fucking best and restored my faith in GameFreak that they know what they're doing in competitive).

The execution is a letdown though. What I think they did is apply their 'not every mon can be good' mentality that gives us stuff like Lurantis and Oricorio, and created Megas that are only okay.

I mean, what was the point in Mega Garchomp, Latios, Latias, or Tyranitar? They're just boosted versions of already competent mons that bring nothing useful to the table and aren't worth using as a result. Then you've got stuff like Mence where everyone in the studio simultaneously had a seizure when creating it.

Then there's Mega Steelix. Take a mon that's medicore and make a boosted version of the same thing. Why? It's still mediocre, it needs something more.

There's just a lot of confusing decisions and imbalances with Megas. I would have done things differently.
>>
>>30426009
>>30425971
These. Z moves are cool when exclusive since they get unique animations but otherwise they look offputting. Not to mention megas actually redefined the meta but Z moves are just a waste of an itemslot
>>
>>30425189
Gen IV remakes will save us. Primal dialga is already a thing after all.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.