[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>they bothered making Kukui's Primarina female, but not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1471974801128.png (1MB, 1935x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1471974801128.png
1MB, 1935x1020px
>they bothered making Kukui's Primarina female, but not Hau's
>meaning they put a little extra effort for Littenfags
Redditowl confirmed non-canon.
>>
File: 0001.png (264KB, 1116x642px) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
264KB, 1116x642px
Fixed evolutions thread?
>>
>>30414450
And the award for the most uneducated OP of all time goes to...
>>
is this the worst thread of all time?
>>
The gender of Hau's popplio is random like your starter. Hau in my game had a female popplio.
>>
>>30414450
>Redditowl
Nice buzzword
>>
>>30416366
Proof? I want to see if the legends were true
>>
>>30416409
I never took a picture because I didn't think of it as special, but it's true.
>>
>>30414450
>Incineroar fits Kukui visually and thematically
>Silvally looks best as a Fire type so its eyes and fins match its inner ear color
>Primarina fits Hau's kind and laid-back nature
>Hau's starter gender is randomized anyway

Yeah no, sorry. It's pretty obvious Rowlet is canon.
>>
File: Gonna give you the D-nite.png (155KB, 636x453px) Image search: [Google]
Gonna give you the D-nite.png
155KB, 636x453px
>>30414450
They made sure his Incineroar was male too so I dunno.

At least we can all agree that Primarina got rightfully shafted.
>>
File: smuglord laugh.png (102KB, 499x474px) Image search: [Google]
smuglord laugh.png
102KB, 499x474px
>>30416475
>Game intro shows Chicken with Popplio, Elio with Litten
>Rowlet has fucking no one

HOW WILL OWLFAGS EVER RECOVER
>>
This thread proves that anti-decidueyefags are the worst people in the world.
>>
>>30414450
And why would female Primarina be "more canon" than male Primarina?
All this despair for a female Popplio is pure nonsense.
Oh, and even though I'm not a huge fan of Dartrix, it's better than that weird fake-owl.
>>30416047
The same about this weird thing.
>>
>>30416612
By winning the popularity poll that Nintendo put out
>>
>>30416476

How did Primarina "get shafted"?
>>
>>30416403
>Buzzwole
>>
Didn't Ash just get a Rowlet in the anime?

And Incineroar is a heel which fits with Kukui's masked wrestler schtick?

And Popplio's goofiness fits Hau?

I just assumed Rowlet was this gen's Froakie because Decidueye is like Greninja 2.0
>>
>>30417220
>no HP/DEF despite being a 'tank'
>horrible moveset that means it can't do anything but attack
>signature move that helps the opponent
>HA that is literally useless
>gender ratio
>while both Litten and Rowlet get pushed as starters, Popplio is 'the other one'
>doesn't get chosen by Ash in the anime, instead being given to a bit character who isn't even part of the main cast
>very first scene it shows up in is it getting beaten up
>won't even be in the manga as Sun will get Litten and Moon will get Rowlet
Even Nintendo hates it
>>
>>30416047
no.

Pokemon evolutions arenĀ“t just "it gets bigger" starter are always child - teenager - adult.
Look at the middlestages they always look cheeky/angry or "cool"
>>
>>30418131
Anon's pic fits your criteria though.
>>
>>30418131
I think the point was that Popplio wasn't particularly feminine looking while Brionne and Primarina are. Which again begs the question of why GF would make it so feminine when almost all of them are male.
>>
>don't pick water starter first time in pokemon because primarina is gay af desu
>regret it soon after because all water mons are trash
No really, what am i supposed to use? I refuse to pick one of those Kanto mons they keep throwing at you, and all the new water types suck ass. Wishiwashi is a gimmick, Araquanid has shit stats, Golisopod has some wonky fucking ability. Its like they want you to use that boring fucking staller.
>>
>>30418266
>gyarados
>dragonite(it learns good water type moves afaik)
>kingdra
>slowbro
>>
>>30416476
>They made sure his Incineroar was male too so I dunno.
Pokemon on NPCs generally default to either their trainer's gender or their species' majority. That means nothing, owlcuck.
>>
>>30418758
>Pokemon on NPCs generally default to either their trainer's gender
So OP's point is moot too then?
>>
>>30418266
Toxapex and Araquanid are good tho

You could also just not use a water type
>>
>>30418758
Kukui's Primarina being female also means nothing, barafag. It's obvious that GF simply felt like having Kukui's Primarina be female. It doesn't change the facts that Rowlet is the canon starter.
>>
Kukui is a wrestler. Bara-cat is obviously his mon.

Redditowl is canon. Deal with it.
>>
File: Popplio2.png (1MB, 2110x1830px) Image search: [Google]
Popplio2.png
1MB, 2110x1830px
>>30418131
>Brionne
>Teenager
FUCKING WHERE?
this is a god tier teenager
>>
>>30418891
It means the exact opposite, retard
>>
But why is it reddit?
Cause your ugly shit is unpopular?
>>
>>30416612
Reminder that there is official artwork of Gladion commanding Silvally in its Fire type form, but not of the other two.

Rowlet is canon.
>>
>>30418266
>he doesn't know about the hidden effect of water bubble
>>
>>30416740
CLEARLY YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO DETROIT.
>>
>ash got a rowlet
best starter
>>
>>30419164
get out tripfag.
>>
>picked rowlett
>it was ok
>reroll with litten
>it's ok
>want to reroll again with rowlett

I'm sick of melemele, I'll never finish this game
>>
File: worried chomp.png (47KB, 199x191px) Image search: [Google]
worried chomp.png
47KB, 199x191px
>This thread
>WAAAAH MY CHOICE IS THE BEST BECAUSE I PREFER THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU PICK MY CHOICE

Jesus get a grip you fucking babies.
>>
>>30419038
>Cheerleader type
>I AM HAPPY YEY YEY, but infact I am sad
>look at animes with the "everytime happy girl stererotype"
>>
>>30418265
Because "feminine" and "masculine" are completely relative/arbitrary bullshit, even for humans. Trying to force those concepts for fictitious game creatures is just dumb. Female Machamps and Male Gardevoirs have existed forever, and we never had this childish behaviour on the fandom about it.
>>
>>30414450
all these "canon" threads are cancer and we all know it
>>
>>30420168
t. Popptard
>>
>>30420132
>Trying to force those concepts for fictitious game creatures is just dumb.
This argument is flawed because said fictitious creatures were created by human beings. GF made the conscious decision to have Primarina look, act and sound like a female. Even it's name is feminine. They pretty much designed it entirely around being female, which is why it's so perplexing that it's basically male.
>>
>>30418266
Araquanid
Wishiwashi
Fucking Golisopod if you breed it for Aqua Jet
>>
>>30420132
Machamp and Gardevoir are also not starters. Not to mention that feminine starters are an inherently cancerous concept anyway and it should always be avoided. Starters should only be masculine or androgynous, preferably leaning toward masculine since all starters are canonically male.
>>
>game introduces first transgender character
>that character gets a transgendered pokemon

how is that not canon OP please explain
>>
>>30414450
But that's actually hard evidence that Litten is not canon, because female starters do not exist in canon. You literally BTFO'd yourself.
>>
>>30418266
Wishiwashi is gimmicky, never tried it, but I'm pretty sure it works just fine in-game, specially early game.

Araquanid is a monster. You probably don't know the hidden effect of its ability (doubling power of Water-type moves). I 2HKOd Totem Wishiwashi with Scald with a Dewpider, which is a 1st stage mon, coming from its weaker offense stat.

Golisopod is also a monster, you probably just didn't realize you're supposed to run it full priority. Breed Aqua Jet to it (not too hard, just get a female Wimpod and a male Tirtouga) and have fun. I just did it, and I'm pretty sure it'll kick ass.

There's also Toxapex. Mine is still a Mareanie, which is much weaker than the evolution, but still managed to defeat both the Fire and Grass Totems by itself, and holds its weight very well.
>>
>>30420237
Again, those concepts are relative. What is considered and attractive male on some countries would be called "super gay" on others. Same about clothing and stuff like that. Japan is one of those places.
Also, how is Primarina a female name? And even if it is, remember Machamp (macho + champ).
>>
>>30420284
Why, just because of the male/female ratio? I don't think that makes sense. Fewer females means there still are females, that basically looks the same as the males. Again, remember Machamp and Gardevoirs again (what's the point of them not being starters?).

Also, I might be wrong, but as far as I know, that ratio exists solely for the purpose of making breeding it harder early game, to make people trade starters (GF always liked making people trade).
>>
>>30420531
They are relative to human beings. I know that Japan loves pretty boys but Primarina goes beyond that. Just look at it's animations for instance. If it looks like a duck etc.

As for the name, it's name is primadonna + marina. Google Primadonna and tell me what the first thing that comes up is and how that isn't somehow feminine.

Also you can't use Machamp because, well guess what gender Machamps favor being?
>>
>>30420355
Araquanid with water bubble, mystic water and scale was one of my best monster through the rest of the game

I nicknamed him Dewterium
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.