[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"turning off the exp share just means you have to grind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9017.png (39KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9017.png
39KB, 200x240px
>"turning off the exp share just means you have to grind more! Stop being retarded and use it!"
I just played through the whole game with it off on set, and there was literally no point in the game where I needed to grind. It made the game feel challenging and fun instead of stomping everything with easy modo levels. Stop using this shitty argument.
>>
>>30409324
I have a job so i don't have all the time in the world to "grind". Not everyone has all the time in the world, OP.
>>
File: 980.png (266KB, 575x375px) Image search: [Google]
980.png
266KB, 575x375px
>>30409324
It's more about not giving you the option to just keep switching into whatever is super effective against what you're gonna face next and sweeping it in one hit because it's always going to be adequately levelled

Makes battles actually fun, y'know. Forces you to create your team around your weaknesses and such.
>>
>>30409333
Retarded and illiterate, good to know.
>>
File: 1478416785165.png (143KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478416785165.png
143KB, 540x540px
I played through the game using one pokemon with it on and still had an easy time. Why is the EXP share such a big fucking deal?
>>
>>30409346
>not knowing that is the easiest way to play the game
>>
>>30409324
I think it's an issue of trying to keep everything at around the same level.
Without experience share on, I tend to make risky decisions for the sake of keeping my team balanced out

I just don't like letting Pokemon with less coverage fall behind
>>
You don't have to grind.
>>
File: 2hs9irm.jpg (617KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2hs9irm.jpg
617KB, 1600x1200px
I did the same. Was 6 levels behind Kukui but still whooped him with no trouble.

The same people that use exp share are the same people that complain about the games being "too easy".
>>
>>30409324
To clarify, I don't give a shit if you used exp share or not, but arguing that people who turned it off are dumb because it just increases the grind is pure stupidity.

>>30409346
That's the easiest way to beat any of the games like >>30409364 said.
>>
>>30409364
I had others in my party but I never was forced into changing up my team when I could easily tank everything with one pokemon. Seriously, this is the worst pokemon by far.
>>
>>30409421
You could do that with literally any other starter, besides maybe Meganium or one of the Gen V ones, in any of the other games.
>>
>>30409324
I have not turned on exp share, nor have I grinder. My pokes are normally 1-2 levels under trainers.
Actually makes it a challenge, especially Hau on 3rd island
>>
>All these people who insist on playing the game with Exp Share either on or off the whole time
I went through the game turning it on and off as needed and I had a great time. Y'all are stupid.
>>
>>30409346
there are some autists on this board that insist xy was too easy and sm is properly difficult who will sperg out when you say sm is just as easy if not easier than xy thanks to the exp share and z-moves
>>
>all these autistics who think they deserve a fucking medal because they sank more time into a video game unnecessarily

My first Pokémon out is a Snorlax with Happy Hour and Amulet Coin. Are you gonna try to feel superior because you had to grind 10 hours to get 100k instead of 1?
>>
>>30409333
>>30409552

This. Just /thread this. We can't all be as great as you OP, busy having lives.
>>
>>30409552
>>30409899
That's the thing, we didn't. We just didn't sweep everyone like you did.
>>
>>30409346
What pokemon was it?
>>
>>30409899
>>30409552
>>30409333
Why do none of you idiots know how to read?
>>
>>30409899
I had it off and never had to grind. Fights were fun and challenging, rarely sweeped the other person's team.
>>
>>30409979
You're the idiot here, man. "I don't have enough time to autistically grind pixels in a video game" is a sound argument.
>>
>>30410031
Literally retarded
We're saying you don't need to grind at all you imbecile. It's ok, take your time and read carefully.
>>
>>30410031
>"If I ignore the "still not needing to grind" point that these people are bringing up, then I'll surely have won this.
>>
>>30410031
You really should try actually reading the OP sometime
>>
The people needing XP share are literally bad at Pokemon
>>
People are too lazy do read or what?

I'm on my way to fight the second Kahuna right now, with the Exp. share off since the beggining, never had to grind even a little bit, and my team is still slightly over leveled (to the point I sometimes choose not to fight a few trainers, and come back to them when I catch a new Pokémon and need to bring it on par with the others).
Also I have to say that, so far, the game is pretty easy, not much different than X/Y/OR/AS. I'm expecting it to get more difficult on the second half.

Oh, and I'm a busy person as well. I usually play 1 hour tops per day before sleeping, and maybe 2 on weekend when I'm not hanging out and can wake up a bit later the next day.
>>
>>30410228
>I'm expecting it to get more difficult on the second half.
prepare to get disappointed, only the E4 is moderately difficult and if you opt to use z-moves everything becomes a enormous cakewalk (especially the totem pokemon).
>>
>>30410254
Oh, that's frustrating. Yeah, I'm ignoring the Z-Moves entirely so far, and intend to keep doing it.
Forgot to mention, but I'm also on set since the beggining. That should bring a little more difficulty, specially on E4, right?

Anyway, at least the game is pretty fun. The characters are nice and memorable, and the region is fun to explore. So far, a far better experience than X (and I didn't really dislike it, actually).
>>
>>30410444
oh yeah using set will definitely help, it might actually make the E4 incredibly difficult if you're using slow pokemon like primarina, lurantis or wishiwashi.
>>
>>30410444
Different anon, but there are some other hard battles besides E4 in my opinion, and there's another totem pokemon that is difficult to deal with if you don't have a tanky steel type like Skarmory. The Kahuna on the third island is also kind of tough depending on what team you have.
>>
>>30409333
Kill yourself normie.
>>
>>30410444
Set does help up the difficulty a bit more than usual this time because everything you have is generally so slow that you'll eat a few hits with each battle. Between that and no exp share the difficulty curve seems about right; you can't faceroll everything with a completely haphazard team like you could in XY, and some of the totems can be very tricky depending on party composition, but normally you'll be victorious.
>>
>>30409324
What the fuck are you talking about? You do realize thiers exp penalties for being too high of a level right?
>muh exp bonus with exp share on
You can literally skip 80-100% of the trainers in each route or area, whether its on or off this gen is a moot point because majority of the npcs look around. I didnt fight everyone and always ended up being a few levels behind captains/totemmons, which doesnt really matter since pokemon is a glorified rock, paper, scissor game.
>>
>>30409346
>baiting this hard
>>
I use EXP share because I don't know what pokemon I want to raise so I make a team of low level six pokemon and raise them all together.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.