[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about your first win against the Alola league.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

File: IMAG0398.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0398.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
Let's talk about your first win against the Alola league.
Was it tough?
Did you use items?
Who of your bros carried you?

Pic related is my team right after the credits.
I had to use 3 revives over the course of the final battle but it went pretty smooth otherwise.
My horse tanked Decidueyes SE grass z move thanks to aurora veil, which was pretty awesome.
Aside from the bee and my starter, everyone easily pulled more than their weight.
>>
File: IMG_8997.jpg (2MB, 3009x2081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8997.jpg
2MB, 3009x2081px
>>30406315
I think this was my team, albeit a couple of levels lower.

Pikachu took out 3/6 of Kukui's Pokemon by itself, but the battle was still really close. Magnezone murdered everyone but Bewear, and I didn't allow myself to use items, so there was a lot of careful switching to preserve Bewear.
>>
>>30406372
wew, that's pretty low level as well.
The pebbles were really annoying in the final fight.
Funny though that I started the match with the same pokemon throwing pebbles as well.
Also what did you do about the Snorlax?
>>
>>30406315
my team was decidueye, a-persian, mudsdale, salazzle, araquanid and turtonator, all around level 45-50.

hala's hariyama, the first mon i fought, gave me trouble, which gave me the impression that the league was gonna be super tough, but i breezed through the rest of it

i had avoided most of the spoilers but i knew kukui was gonna be the champion. i was surprised and impressed that litten's evo was his, though.
>>
>>30406427
Was your mudsdale as baller as mine?
I think it was the ultimate story-bro. Tanking hits left and right and not giving a shit in general.
>>
>>30406315
The hardest Champion Battle i fought. Hala was a dick too.

I had to use around 20 super/hyper potions on Araquanid because she was the only one who didn't get oneshotted by Moonblast. Then a combination of Incineroar and Mudsdale finished Magnezone off.
>>
>>30406425
Bewear had already fainted by the time that came out I think. I think I T-Waved it, chipped away at it with Mimikyu, then just barely killed it with Bug Buzz + Gigavolt from Vikavolt.
>>
>>30406545
What was your average level?
And yeah it was the toughest yet, no doubt. Some of my friends even had trouble with pokemon in the 55-60 range and I can't blame them.
Aurora Veil really carried me.
>>
>>30406602
I chipped it down with toxic and my horse, just so the champ could fully heal it when it was in the red.
I expected that to happen but it still pissed me off a little.
>>
>>30406462
maric (my mudsdale) carried my team more times than i can count. i had to take him out of my team post-game because he was leveling up faster than everyone else. stamina is op.
>>
>>30406642
Yeah stamina is fucking amazing.
Funny too that in my originally planned team, I didn't even intend to use one. I just randomly caught it and it turned out too good to drop.
>>
>>30406605
The levels are in the filename.
>>
>>30406732
Oh. 48, that's preddy gud.
>>
I fucked up against Kukui because I used a max potion on a fainted Pokemon and wasted a turn

retarded
>>
>>30406780
kek, did the same with a revive on a living pokemon
>>
>>30406315
>Was it tough?
In a few spots, to my pleasent surprise, I thought my salamence would just sweep right through but I was proven wrong a good few times with Olivia, Kukui and Acerola, ESPECIALLY Kukui since sneaky pebbles crippled a good chunk of my team (Salamence, Golisopod and Araquanid) and Primarina's moves were absolutely brutal even to araquanid and his pretty good special defense.
>Did you use items?
Revives and Z-crystals
>Who of your bros carried you?
Mimikyuu was at least 5-6 levels higher than most and used sword dance/shadow sneak/play rough, so he was the case for most of my sweeps where Lycanroc or Golisopod didn't take the lead.

I'm a bit worried though, I only remember 5 of my pokemon, but the last one I used is coming up as a bit of a blank
>>
>>30406888
>I'm a bit worried though, I only remember 5 of my pokemon, but the last one I used is coming up as a bit of a blank
kek
I think I would quickly forget my starter if it wasn't my starter.
>>
Is there a way to view the hall of fame in SM or what?
>>
>>30406928
I didn't even use my starter, which worries me even more.
went and checked right now because I was in a battle tree match, it was a friend's Dhelmise, I'm even more ashamed because that anchor was especially good for a few fights in Olivia/Acerola

>>30406952
There's an old guy outside the E4 that says he remembers them all.
>>
>>30406952
what this anon>>30406978
said, but he sadly only says who you used, not what level or anything.
>>
File: 001.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
This was taken a while after the league, my highest level during the league was 51 with my lowest being 47
>>
>was it tough
Not really, Kukui was a fun match though that actually felt even and balanced. Lost the first try because I was being dumb.
>did you use items
Had stacks of Hyper Potions and Revives to use inbetween matches to patch up, didn't use any during the battles. As for hold items, everyone had a Z-Crystal except my Oricorio who was packing a Wide Lens so his Hurricane would hit.
>who carried
None of them in particular carried me, but long story short I was using a Shiny Mudsdale I caught in my side Moon file as a Mudsbray, and since it was traded it was gaining EXP faster than the others and was Level 59 at the end instead of everyone else being about 53.

Team in my first clear with Sun was Primarina, Oricorio, Vikavolt, Bewear, Tsareena, and Mudsdale. And for measure when I actually clear my Moon file I plan to have Incineroar, Shiinotic, Kommo-O, Golisopod, Minior, and Oranguru.
>>
I'm surprised how low the average level is ITT.
A lot of people told me it's basically not doable with a team below average 55 but most here are below that.
>>
File: kyary wine.jpg (176KB, 440x567px) Image search: [Google]
kyary wine.jpg
176KB, 440x567px
>>30406315
YOUR RIBOMBEE IS NAMED PAMYU PAMYU HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30407191
Yeah, I named my whole team after musicians, albums or tracks.
>>
>>30407206
I love you tho. Ribombee is my favorite pokemon this gen and carried my whole team, used more than my starter, and Kyary is my favorite music artist of all time.

If I ever get my Shiny Ribombee in the love ball I'm saving I'm prob gonna nickname it Kyary.
>>
>>30407171
Most Pokemon games you can clear the main story easily just a few levels under your foes as long as your team covers a good range of types. GSC I've personally done it really underleveled, beat Red once with a team not even in the 60's when it was all said and done.
>>
>tfw using Snorlax with Z-belly drum and heavy slam
It just murders everything

Hala is the only one who I can't beat yet though.
>>
>>30407302
Yeah, I've beaten the league in ORAS while being on average 20 level below champs M Metagross, but the SM league was way tougher than anything before because everything had 31 IV and proper EV spreads, while using more intelligent attacks like the pebbles lead and z moves.
>>
File: 2016-12-01-02-18-38-1334696245.png (29KB, 256x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-01-02-18-38-1334696245.png
29KB, 256x168px
I think I used a couple of full restores and maybe a revive, but nothing inside of battles. One or two members of my team at a time ended up sweeping each E4 member with little to no problem, but Kukui was a knock down drag out fight. I probably only won on the first try because the AI did a stupid and didn't KO my Komala when it could have. It was tense, though. Probably the most boss fight feeling boss fight in the game, if that makes sense.
>>
File: chrome_2016-12-01_05-24-07.png (828KB, 607x799px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-12-01_05-24-07.png
828KB, 607x799px
This was my team, but around lvl 50 at the time. The only tough part was Kukui and maybe Hala. I only healed between matches and my Rhydon did most of the carrying.
>>
>>30407338
I found the SM league about as hard as the ORAS league. Only the champion's team was any different in that it was more evenly balanced in strength rather than five dead weights and one death machine, but that just meant to me instead of five 3/10's and one 9/10 it was more like six 6/10's. On paper the gap should be much more especially since I pay no attention to Natures, EVs, or IVs in single player, but the game really didn't feel particularly hard. Basically everything but one or two of the Akala totems and Kukui went down like paper mache, similar to XY and ORAS, with similar lower level gaps from my team to the AI's as in my runs in those.

Not that I mind. It leaves lots of room for my ideal play style, where I purposely take less than ideal actions to reach a perfect climax.
>>
>>30407590
That's kinda strange, everyone I know including myself think it's way harder than all the older games.
I also lost to the grass totem
>hit totem with z fire move, it's down to a fourth
>summons castform, casts sun
>fully heals next round and proceeds to oneshot everything with the grass blade.
This was the first time in over 10 years that I've lost a story fight in a pokemon game, and it felt great.
>>
>>30407590
Exp share? Shift or set?
>>
>>30407665
On and off as needed to stay roughly at the level of enemies, turn it off before I overtake them, turn it on if I notice myself lagging behind a good deal. Shift, like I do in every game, though I realize that's pretty casual.
>>
>>30407747
That explains a lot then. It's way tougher with set.
>>
File: IMG_20161201_104248.jpg (1MB, 2436x1780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161201_104248.jpg
1MB, 2436x1780px
They were all about 47-48 when I started the E4. It was honestly the hardest E4 yet for me, it was pretty damn fun. Kukui almost fucked up my whole team and I had to use a revive on my Mimikyu so I could reuse its ability since it was the only Pokémon I had that could outspeed Kukui's fucking Braviary. I got outsped by fucking everything.
>>
>>30407900
I used bulldoze with my horse on the decidueye just so I could outspeed it and it was still faster with -3 lol, I feel you
>>
>>30407206
Is that a Jojo reference? Dank!
>>
My Team only they were about 10 levels lower when they fought the champion. Was playing on set and they all had type-boosting items except Raichu which had it's special Z-Crystal

>Orion the Decidueye took out his Lycanroc and weakened his Snorlax KOd by a lucky crit Heavy Slam.
>Flapjack the Raichu didn't do much except landing the finishing blow by KOing his Braviary with Stoked Sparksurfer.

>Ghost the Lycanroc was pretty useful with Stealth Rock and weakening both his Ninetails and Incineroar but got KOd by Cross Chop.

>Salza the Salazzle destroyed his Magnezone and finished off Ninetails KOd by Snorlax after using Toxic on it.

>Champa the Golisopod basicaly just tanked and used Emergeny Exit when I needed a free switch got a couple good shots in on his Snorlax before switching out.

>Leona the Kommo-o cleaned up by finishing off Incineroar and Snorlax sacrificed it to Braviary though so Raichu could get in without getting hit.

It was a good challenge desu, actually had to use healing items.The big problem was his Snorlax though just because he kept using Full Restores on it and it kept getting lucky with crits and paralyzes.
>>
>>30408292
not really
>>
Muk slaughtered Acerola. Toucannon swept Hala's team, good thing crabominable is slow. Olivia got shredded by Tsarina. Incineroar killed Khalil's skarmory and Mudsdale rock tombed the rest.
Kukri's pebbleshit didn't work, Tsarina has Rapid Spin because fuck hazards. Breviary got rock tomb's, primarina's got trop kicked, everything else died to incineroar with Brick Break.
>>
>>30408292
This meme needs to die
>>
Had a lot of trouble.
>most of my team was weak to flying
>VERY underleveled - mid to high 40s
>also very weak to SR
Had to use a lot of items.

Still, very nice challenge
>>
File: Pokémon Sun team.jpg (2MB, 2988x1929px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Sun team.jpg
2MB, 2988x1929px
Team and levels right when I walked into the building.

Played on set, no items during battle, only healed afterwards. My MVPs were a tie between Minior and Mimikyu. Almost every battle (other than Hala, Mimikyu pretty much clean sweeped) left me with 4 or 5 KO'd mons. Toughest and most enjoyable E4 experience for me yet.
>>
File: team.png (2MB, 7288x1992px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
2MB, 7288x1992px
My team was around 50-53
never used exp share at all throughout the game
refresh saved my ass way too many times
beat everyone first try
>>
My team was just above lvl60. (I have to grind them to high levels because I don't use healing items) I somehow had managed to beat everything except Kukui's Magnezone. Of course everyone else was dead except Lurantis and Togedemaru. They had nothing but not very effective moves left so I was mentally preparing myself to start all over again.

Somehow though my last mon, togedemaru went down to 1hp and at the same time Magnezone ran out of moves that could have hurt me. I kept using nuzzle and fell stinger (all i had left) which both did very little damage to magnezone (plus kukui used full restore like 3-4 times) so it was a battle against time whether I could beat it or kill myself with a struggle. With like 5 pp left in fell stinger Kukui finally stopped using fr and I beat it. It was such a bullshit battle I couldn't but laugh.
>>
I just started last night and I cant decide on how I want to build my team.

Im gonna keep the rowlet I think, I also came across a Slowpoke that I think im gonna keep for a bulky debuff mon. Not sure If I wanna keep the grimer I got either, muk would be too similar to slowbro/king

Did you all play with exp share on?
>>
>>30411780
just roll with it desu and stick to new pokes and alola forms
>>
>>30411805
Fair enough, no point in playing with 15 year old pokes.
>>
>>30411780
>>30411847
and set battle mode to set and deactivate the exp share. It's more fun that way, trust me.
>>
>>30412038
Will deactivate EXP share, I was turned off how you could rotate a team of fucking 12 in xy and still be over leveled. What does set change??
>>
>>30412152
that you can't switch right after defeating a trainer pokemon
>>
>>30406315
Lycanroc
Magnezone
Incineroar
Dhelmise
Muk
Mudsdale

All about 52-55, and despite the fucking great big team-wide weakness to fighting types, we did ok.

Kinda disappointed with flying and fighting types this gen
>>
File: 20161130_001722.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_001722.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Finished with this team, e4 was quite easy, but champion was really hard. Used 6 Max Revives, because Decidueye kept OHKOing my pokemon (he had something good for each of my pokemon), but somehoe managed to kill him
>>
The squad was
Mimikyu
Lumineon
Ninetails
Muk
Palossand
Nebby (felt obliged to bring him along)

All in the low 50's. Palo was the stealth mvp especially for rock lass. Ninetails definatly did work though. Went throigh the E4 on set without using items except between fight to top off. Went pretty smoothly until kukui who forced me to use a revive and full restore to neat his magnezone and primarina respectively. Pretty good champ fight.
>>
It was tough

Gyrados alone I gave like 4 max revives

He was my carrier bro
>>
>>30406315

LV.54 Decidueye
LV.53 Golisopod
LV.56 Vikavolt
LV.53 Salazzle
LV.56 Toucannon
LV.52 Kommo-o

MVP was Decidueye tanking everything and OHKOing all things as well. Still can't take a hit at Battle Tree because his IVs are near 0 in Defenses.
>>
Mimikyu
Muk
Lycanroc day
Magnezone
Tsareena
Golisopod

I don't remember what they were when I started, but Mimikyu was my highest level at 52 after beating Kukui. Played on set. Hala and Acerola were incredibly easy, the rest were pretty tough. Mimikyu was the MVP, but everyone except Lycanroc carried their weight.
>>
File: moon.png (1MB, 1777x1378px) Image search: [Google]
moon.png
1MB, 1777x1378px
>>30406315
Pokemon were level 50-52.
Lycanroc had Stealth Rock and would usually be able to survive the first turn to follow up with Stone Edge. Brick Break on her also saved me a couple of times against Olivia. Sometimes she'd even survive two rounds with low hp allowing me to use her as a pivot later if necessary. Overall not my strongest team member but she was useful and had a few clutch uses.

Ribombee was my only proper special attacker (although a Water Bubble-boosted Scald from Araquanid is quite strong even with the mediocre special on him) and this gave him an important role. 4x fighting resist is nice but defense is lacking so Hala could still usually 2hko it with some of his pokemon. A pretty big glass cannon in general but it was by far the fastest member of my team and Pollen Puff is insane. I also kept Stun Spore on it over swapping for Quiver Dance which came in handy several types.

Sandslash was very hit or miss. Amazing defense + Steel type but lackluster special and two 4x weaknesses means she'll generally either die very quickly or very slowly depending on the opponent. I put Swords Dance on her which let me set up on the enemy pokemon that couldn't do much to her and then she'd usually be able to plow through 2 or 3 healthbars before getting taken down. Sometimes though I'd swap her in and she'd get 1HKO'd by a surprise Focus Blast or something.

Lurantis was the weakest member of my team overall. The stats on her aren't great and pure grass isn't good either. Usually she'd get outsped and either die in one hit or survive with just enough hp to get off a mediocre damage hit. I have to give her credit for saving me in the clutch though. Last pokemon left against Olivia who only has Golem, she managed to tank a rock blast twice to get the 1HKO with Solar Blade.
>>
>>30413431
Araquanid is amazing. Tanky, great ability, and a great moveset. Saved my ass many times by toxic stalling for a few turns especially against Hala's Hariyama, and, as mentioned earlier, Water Bubble boosted Scald is great damage even with lackluster special attack.

Incineroar was my bro ever since he saved me in a close match with the Water Totem following an Acrobatics crit, and he pulled through here as well. Darkest Lariat is insanely useful and Flare Blitz was invaluable for getting through some tanky shit I couldn't deal with otherwise. Slow but surprisingly tanky and would always survive at least one super effective hit, sometimes two. Felt very satisfying to take out Kukui's Primarina with the exclusive Z move.
>>
My team consisted of Gumshoos, Decidueye, Mudsdale, Wishiwashi, Drifblim, and Exeggutor.

Gumshoos was my lead since it was holding Luck Incense because I'm a Jewish man. You need to understand how fucking powerful Strong Jaws is. Crunch could've swept Acerola's entire team had it not been for Gumshoos having really low speed. Hyper Fang either severely dented anything or outright killed everything. Gumshoos is fucking awesome.

Decidueye is something I never really used since I wanted to make the most out of the other mons on my team, but it is reliable as fuck and got me out of real tight spots when I needed it. Brave Bird, Leaf Blade, and Spirit Shackle make for great coverage. I like this mon.

Mudsdale was easily the star of my team. Like everyone else has said, this motherfucker will tank hits all day. Earthquake, Heavy Slam, and even Double Kick are so good on this mon. If you didn't use Mudsdale, you messed up.

Wishiwashi performed as well as I expected. Swept the flying e4 member by itself without much trouble. Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Aqua Tail, and Aqua Ring to get that extra chip of health back if it was brought into the health range where it would stop schooling. Good shit.

Drifblim was underwhelming this time around. I remember loving it in DPPt, but I found out IT GETS NO FLYING MOVES. I had to stick with Gust, which sucks. I wish I could find a good flying TM like Acrobatics.

Exeggutor was underleveled but pulled off some clutch shit with Leaf Storm. That's all I have for it.

7/10 team would use again
>>
>>30414085
Acrobatics is on the first island, man.
>>
Kukui is harder than Cynthia?
>>
beat it with only 3 pokemanz.
Primarina, Incineroar, Krookodile and I kept Nebby around but didnt got to use it.
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20161122_215449.jpg (450KB, 1345x2157px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20161122_215449.jpg
450KB, 1345x2157px
A-Raichu was around 53 when I beat it. Oddly enough the only one giving me know as the flying type elite 4. Mudsdale and toucan carried the team for sure.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.