[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Kiawe is set up to be a cool bro >Reality sets in >He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: kiawe.jpg (317KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
kiawe.jpg
317KB, 1200x900px
>Kiawe is set up to be a cool bro
>Reality sets in
>He's just a loner in his 20s living with his parents
>He hasn't given up on his dreams despite his parents telling him his time has passed and that it's a waste of time
>He's so excited about having someone visit him that he wants to meet you again after work
>We discover he has a shitty job as a clerk at the dollar store
>WE FUCKING SEE HIM GET FIRED FROM SAID JOB
>He vents to you after that battle about how he's been holding that back in front of everyone

What the fuck man, what's with this game and inserting depressing backstories
>>
Well remember that Trial Captains have to retire at 19, so he's not in his 20s yet... hopefully they will better for him...

It's not fair, Kiawe is a bro, he doesn't deserve this
>>
>>30403980
>Trial Captains have to retire at 19
where was this stated?
>>
What the fuck is he going to do after the trial captain thing is done if he can't even hold a wagecuck job due to the Tara's being huge asshole
>>
>>30404293
see >>30400996
>>
>>30404293
Mallow said they have to move on at 20
>>
File: tumblr_oh2lsnePS61rxenr3o1_500.png (111KB, 500x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh2lsnePS61rxenr3o1_500.png
111KB, 500x197px
>>30404293
>>
>tfw this sidequest isn't in moon
>>
>>30404332
oh. I got sun so I never saw Mallow's quest
>>
>>30403919
>never visited him at work and saw that shitfest
Oops
>>
>>30403919
lol get fucked sunfags

I got moon where none of this happens. Moon Kiawe is completely content
>>
>>30404332
Do that means they become Kahunas?
>>
>>30404312
Sell his body to old white tourists.
>>
>>30404482
The Kahuna are personally picked by the Tapu. The Captains seemingly just retire and do normal people stuff I guess?
>>
>>30404534
Fire dancing is popular at hotels.
>>
File: Pikachu Worried.jpg (21KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu Worried.jpg
21KB, 500x281px
>>30403919
These games have BW levels of story depth.
>Before the story starts, Lusamine loses her husband to the Ultra Dimension, puts all the efforts of the Aether Foundation if not founding it outright to open a portal to find him
>Ends up getting fucked up by Symbiont/Nihilego, making her absolutely insane and ruthless, causing her to become abusive toward Lillie and Gladion, nearly killing the former out of mindless rage
>Player saves Lusamine from Symbiont, but she goes into a coma as a result
>Lillie and Gladion's father is presumed dead and mother is suffering from a dangerous alien neurotoxin
>Realistic situations like these on top of everything else
>>
>>30406403
>Lillie and Gladion's father is presumed dead
He's chilling out as a farmer at Poke Pelago.
>>
File: 1480311307619.png (572KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
1480311307619.png
572KB, 500x564px
>>30406443
>presumed dead
>presumed
>what is a dictionary
Nigger...
>>
>>30403919
He should just marry his hiker, David, and live happily ever after.
>>
File: heh...........png (190KB, 354x364px) Image search: [Google]
heh...........png
190KB, 354x364px
>>30406443
>MC is the only one who knows where Mohn is
>doesn't give half a shit to tell his wife, son or daughter

truly causes you to ponder
>>
>>30406646
>involved in dramatic events all over Alola
>just smiles in the background
>>
>>30406646
>>30406666
Is there a madder madman than the SM protag mega satan?
>>
>>30406666
Quads confirm MC is a fucking psychopath who enjoys witnessing other's suffering.
>>
File: 1470267521351.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1470267521351.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>30406666
>>
>>30404346
>>30404361
What? Seriously? I'm not even half way yet so I shouldn't really be on /vp/, but you mean to tell me there is version specific story content?
>>
>>30406666

I dunno why, there was this one cutscene when you get to poni island and the mc is just hanging around in the back of the scene greeting random people

I found it really strange for some reason. Like you have this dramatic cutscene of lillie and gladion talking about stuff and the mc is just....there
>>
>>30404361
>>30404346
>>30406828
This happened during her trial, not the bonus content stuff.
>>
>>30406403
Lusamine isn't in a coma. Millie says she's recovering slowly but still doesn't know what she did was wrong due to the lingering neurotoxins.

>>30406646
That's assuming Mohn is this universe's Mohn to begin with (at the very least could be opposite Sun/Moonverse Mohn) or that it would be better for his family to know when he is basically a stranger who looks like their dad due to memory loss. It could cause more pain than healing.
>>
>>30406965
Lillie*
>>
>>30406646
I have him glasses early on, that combined with the sarcastic second choice you get for talking makes me think he's a psychopath
>>
>>30406666
>buy mirrored shades (or better get aviators if you want to bother with festival plaza) and some smug clothing
>now you look like an ultimate asshole in all the cutscenes
>>
>>30406828
Not story, you can rebattle 3 captains later and one is a version exclusive - Kiawe at Paniola town at night (Sun) and Mallow at Konikoni town at day (Moon)
>>30406915
except for it's not
>>
>>30404312
Well he could be a fier dancer at a hotel, tourists love that and his signature mon is a fier dancer in itself.
>>
>>30406403
Between her Aether work and finally seeing Nihi/UBs in person for the first time, we don't know exactly when she started going crazy.

I think her lack of progress in the earlier years, and likely the difficulty of the situation slowly drove her off the deep end, hence the fucked up parenting towards Lillie/Gladion and how she was abusing Cosmog (and other Pokemon) in her research before Lillie kidnapped him.

Worse yet, perhaps she DOES know about the Pelago, but after seeing Mohn and failing to get him to remember who he once was, she was forced to move on without him, and started focusing on the cause of her despair, the UBs for revenge that twisted into an obsession over the years.

I mean, Kukui and his wife wear their wedding rings and Lusamine doesn't, while Mohn has a picture of Lilllie(?) in his hut somewhere - likely a relic from his scientist era or left behind by Lusamine trying to coax him to remember.
>>
>>30408865
I got the impression that Mohn did remember honestly, he says something when you first go to Pelago about how he left the mainland because people didn't appreciate his work or were misusing it or something, but he never goes into detail or says what his work actually was. Could have been that Lusamine had always been kind of unhinged and he just gave up and they're both in the wrong.
>>
>>30406733
>>30406666
>You thought Lusamine was the big bad
>but it was me the MC!
>>
>>30406666
Because he's new in town and just wants to blend in and probably thinks this kind of shit happens all the time in Alola.
>>
>>30409006
>So, you guys have that often? Mad women and men trying to bring Armageddon? Sounds pretty cool, I like it here
>I think we shoujld all relax, I bet you see that everyday
>>
>>30409006
>>30409061
>move out of heavily-polluted Kanto to tourist trap Alola
>fed the "Everyone is hyper and cheery and happy all the time" mentality from day zero
>The Day The Earth Stood Still going on around you
>grin and bear it, it's what Alolans do, right?
>The protagonist is constantly internally screaming
>>
>>30408950
is this a jojo reference
>>
>>30406915
Do you not see the fucking Wimpod in the background? Do you remember any Wimpod being part of her trial?
This happens during the Moon sidequest only.
>>
>>30403919
>at the dollar store

For the record it wasn't a dollar store, but the islands name-brand "Thrifty Megamart" which is a kind of grocery store/ supermarket chain.

>>30404312
>What the fuck is he going to do after the trial captain thing is done if he can't even hold a wagecuck job due to the Tara's being huge asshole

If push comes to shove he can always work on his parents ranch/farm, but I think it's more likely he'd just find a job in tourism or something- he might not have studied "abroad", but he remains a talented fire dancer.
>>
>>30408902
But none of this started until he went missing through a UB hole. He was the one leading the research on their dimension and his work was only taken up by his wife when he disappeared.

Besides, even if that were that he wanted to disappear from the scene, he didn't take his research with him seeing that Aether used it, and even Kukui's wife and her team have some of it.
And giving up contact with your kids for it is also pretty bad.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.