[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the secret to encountering shiny Pokemon?? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What's the secret to encountering shiny Pokemon?? I'm not talking about event Pokes or the red Gyarados, but shiny random encounters.

I've played at least one game from every gen to completion, and in some of them I've obsessively trained at least my main 6 to level 100. I've used the Shiny Charm in Omega Ruby. I've beaten Sun and gotten my Primarina to 100 through wild battles.

I've never encountered a single shiny in the wild. Not one in my entire life.

So how in the cherry cordial fuck are you people just like tripping over them in PokePelago and getting multiples in hordes/sos battles?
>>
something called chaining
>>
>>30403867
I've heard about it but never been able to pull it off. Enlighten me?
>>
>>30403897
A basic explanation for sun and moon chaining would be to seek out a pokemon in the wild. Grab a mon that can bring it to half/low health until it calls for help. Each time a friend shows up to help it, there's a higher chance of it having better stats/being shiny. Then ko one pokemon, and repeat. Adrenaline orbs will help as well. Just don't ko all the pokemon on the field
>>
>>30403897
Easiest chain in game:ditto
Requirements: Delmise, somthing that knows recycle, and obviously false swipe mon

Go to move learner and have delmise relearn switcharoo, let him hold a lepa berry (pp berry)

Have recycle pokemon fight smeargle so it sketches recycle

Catch said smeargle

Go to mountain and encounter ditto
Switch into your recycle only smeargle
Ditto now only has recycle

Switch to delmise and use switcharoo to give it lepa berry

Bam infinite chain
>>
>>30403751
literally just go into a friend safari in x/y you'll find one pretty easily
>>
i never look for them, they just kind of happen
got a shiny komala about 33 hours into SM
had like 6 shinies in XY over 300-ish hours
>>
Can every Pokemon call for help via the SOS thing? Or is it only certain types?
>>
>>30405721
All but Island Scanned.
But not all can be chained.
Some only summon other species.
>>
>>30405132
You can get Hypno much easier for Switcheroo, and Kadabra learns Trick naturally. You can also just use the Munchlax they give you and have it remember Recycle and delete the rest of its moves. But yeah, this works.
>>
I was looking for a HA Vulpix but found a Shiny Snorunt. Needless to say this one was the most random and unexpected encounter
>>
>>30405828
>But not all can be chained
How can you tell the difference?
>>
>>30405897
If it is an Oranguru or Passimian or an island scan, they won't call members of their own family and won't chain.
>>
>>30403867
I've been Chaining Bagon for like 3 hours and i wont stop until i find that green fuck...
I just wanted an underleveled salamance (;_:)
>>
File: 1452430831052.jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
1452430831052.jpg
129KB, 452x680px
You talked to the professor after beating the battle tree 5 times to unlock the option screen button to turn shinys on, right?
Google is your friend buddy, odds are 1 in 8192. If you had the shiny charm in OR, you must have played a while, yes? Or you hacked it in, and didn't play the game at all. See, you actually have to ENCOUNTER wild pokemon for you to even have a chance :^) Either way, it takes a little bit of luck and a whole lotta time. The first shiny I ever found was in platinum, and it wasn't till I chained for one. This gen however, I've gotten super lucky and found 2, chained for 2, and bred one in 20 eggs.
>>
I'd say luck OP I have found not one but two shiny wingulls throughout my life and i hate those fuckers, one of which i found early on melemele island
>>
>>30405314
>got a shiny komala about 33 hours into SM
sweet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.