[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>super effective attack doesn't knock out opponent's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

>super effective attack doesn't knock out opponent's pokemon even though it should
>opponent isn't sashed or anything
>someone else knocks me out
>my last pokemon
>i was in first place but now i'm in last
>1bp

Why does battle royal hate me, anon? I just want a destiny knot :(
>>
>The only match I lost because the game forced me to use my Steenee instead of my Brionne

Never again. Fuck this place
>>
>>30402360
Use mimikyu and fuck everything up
>>
Why does it sometimes give you more than 1 BP for losing?
>>
>>30402563
I think it gives you BP based on how many you KO or what place you came in, and it always gives me 1 if i lose.
>>
>>30402563
It's Place based
In Masters you get 5 for first, 3 for second, 2 for third, and 1 for fourth
>>
Any strategies or specific pokemon that work especially well in Battle Royale?
>>
File: 1480236300946.png (22KB, 272x241px) Image search: [Google]
1480236300946.png
22KB, 272x241px
>>30402360
>Whoops I just happened to dodge your 100% accuracy attack :^)
>>
>>30402360
You might have better luck getting it through Pickup.
>>
>>30403452
Golisopod is actually pretty good for Royale,
>>
>>30403452
Mimikyu. You can Swords Dance safely and Shadow Sneak to steal kills.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>opponent sends out oranguru
>uses instruct on a multi-target move
>>
I tried to give it a shot but fuck it man. The AI always cheats in these sorts of facilities, not to mention that here you'll get ganged up upon sooner or later.

This kind of salt-inducing battle mechanic is only fun when among friends.
>>
>>30404064
>>30404110
Anything else? I was considering using one of the better pseudolegendaries like Salamence, but I want a few more opinions before I come up with anything solid.
>>
>>30404256
Buzzwole is kinda good for physical defense, but in my experience I've had to use coverage moves like Earthquake more since there's a fuckton of Steel types.
>>
File: d3622.gif (984KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
d3622.gif
984KB, 320x239px
>>30402360
I know what you mean OP I was trying to finish Master Rank to get all of the styles and holy shit it took me at least 3 hours to beat it. Those fucking faggot NPCs use things like Latias, Cresselia, Suicune, and pseudo-megas all the goddamn time. Got 58 BP by the end of it, at least it's a lot better than Battle Tree.
>>
>>30404292
I do have a decent one I was setting up as a stallbreaker, but I'm not sure if that'll work here since there's less ability to stall (what with up to 3 people beating on you at once).
>>
Does the BP from the Battle Tree not carry over?
>>
>>30404323
Yeah that's the problem with Battle Royales, eventually you'll be the weakest typing-wise and all 3 AIs will try to gang up on you
>>
>>30402360
>I just want a destiny knot
Play the battle tree dumbass, the royal isn't for BP grinding
>>
>>30404256

I've been leading with Merciless Toxapex, and it's worked pretty well. Yeah, you'll eat some collateral damage on ground attacks, and be targetted by electrics, but there's plenty of pokemon that don't use them, and you can pick up some free kos with toxic.

A really important thing to keep in mind is that if someone loses all their mons, they cannot win regardless of KOs. I've won matches where I had 2 and someone else had 5, just because they were the ones to go down.
>>
>>30404421
And Baneful Bunker, I take it.

So Toxapex, a heavy hitter like Salamence, and something that can cover their weaknesses- would that work?
>>
>>30402360
Want a destiny knot? upload a grubbin to the gts looking for a lv91+ ditto
>>
>>30403452
There really isn't any "strategy" in this mode I think, the enemy teams are completely randomized so it's up to the RNG to determine if you get matched against things that are weak to your team's overall type. The only reason I won the Master Rank battle was because there were a bunch of Psychic and Grass types and my team was Incineroar/Buzzwole/Golisopod. I mean really, HP draining moves like Leech Life are amazing for this kind of stuff.
>>
>>30404531
make sure its name is vp as well.
>>
>Ragegrinding Battle Royal to finally finish 1st in Masters all day
>Finally get my win
>Check BP
>Enough to get Destiny Knot and pretty much all the Power items
Fuck I spent too much time grinding this
>>
You can get Destiny Knot from Pick Up pokemon in their 20s
>>
>>30404376
It does anon
>>
>>30402360
Because you don't use bulky attackers and don't account for the fact that the player who got a KO instantly becomes the target of all other AIs until they KO its mon too. All you have to do is get a KO, sacrifice that mon and then help AIs beat down the one who has the most KOs while stealing the last KO on its mons
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.