[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the other day, I checked the stats of the Nihilego I caught

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: ub01.png (418KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
ub01.png
418KB, 770x562px
So the other day, I checked the stats of the Nihilego I caught and it turns out it has some real potential.

Timid Nature
IVs 31/29-30/21-22/31/28/31

Thing is, I haven't the slightest idea on what to do to integrate it into a team, and very little competitive experience. Anyone have any suggestions? I was considering trying to make it a Sp.Atk sweeper, but with that speed it might be good at setting up hazards too.

So far, I've kept it in my PC since I don't have access to all the EV-lowering berries yet and don't want to make any bad decisions
>>
So nihilego's best set, especially with that nature, is suicide lead.

You'll want 252 speed and special attack EVS and

Stealth Rock
Thunderbolt
Sludgewave/bomb
Powergem
>>
>>30402143
Oh, also slap on a focus sash, almost forgot that
>>
>>30402143
>>30402172
>Suicide lead

That's when you set up SR/Toxic Spikes and other status effects to harass the opponent before it kicks the bucket, right? I'm not too well-versed in the terminology beyond the basics, so correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, should I put on anything specific for the last 4 EVs?
>>
>>30402215
the last 4 can go into whatever you want, probably HP or special def.

Suicide lead means she goes out, rocks, and then hits stuff with her powerful special attacks until she dies. You would usually lead with her, but depending on the opponents comp you might wanna lead with something else.
>>
>>30402215
>>30401862
You can also use Life Orb or Choice Scarf for harder hitting and snowball sweeping respectively
>>
>>30402713
yeah it's not that bad as a sweeper but I think other things do it better because of the awkward speed tier it's in
>>
>>30402826
Choice Scarf is at least pretty good though, it one-shots Mega Charizard as well as the Tapus running around, and is lucky enough to outrun Scarfchomp by a few points.
>>
>>30402215
Not a competitive expert by any means, but here are some common terms to describe pokemon archetypes:
>Suicide lead: Sets up hazards, dualscreens ... Generally considered expendable after its job is done
>Revenge killer: Excels at picking off weakened adversaries after one of your teammate is KO'd.
>Late game cleaner: Excels at ending the game once the opposing team has been significantly weakened
>Sweeper: Excels at KOing in general, especially after a boost
>Bulky attacker/tank: Can take some damage and dish it back out
>Wall: Doesn't fucking die, but usually little offensive presence
>Cleric: Keeps its team healthy with Wish and status healing.
>Utility: Can support its team in other ways, like hazard removal, weather and terrain setting...
>Trapper: Has an ability that prevents switching. Used to remove specific threats from the opponents team.
>Pivot: Can provide safe switches for the rest of your team

There's other stuff of course, but these are the ones I see pretty often.
>>
>>30402993
I've been in the competitive scene for a long while, but all those terms existing makes me wonder how accessible this all is to beginners
>>
>>30403038
Well the easiest way is to play. Those terms just exist to categorize roles. Several pokemon fulfill several of them at once. And it's not like they have to figure it all out on their own. Smogon is a pretty fantastic ressource actually, both for begginers and veterans.
>>
>>30403172
Yeah, I've been using it a bit though they haven't quite figured out the Gen 7 meta yet.
>>
>>30403172
Shhhh you can't say that here, the anti smogon fags will hunt you down.
>>
>>30402215
Don't be a faggot and go 252/252 or else Beast Boost will raise its special attack.
>>
>>30403218
Considering the games haven't even been out for a month, I'd say that's normal. The meta will often change in unexpected ways, especially at the start of a gen? Remember when Zygarde Complete was supposed to be an irredeemable shitmon?
>>
>>30403277
Should it raise something else instead? Sp.Def, maybe?
>>
>>30403292
ChestoRest DD Zygarde gives me PSTD even though it's been like two weeks
>>
>>30403316
No, you want it to raise special attack, or speed.

Anon is being a moron, special def is a wasted stat raise
>>
>>30403316
No because its SpD is good enough to serve its purposes and Nihilego wants to boost either its SpA or Speed after a kill.
>>
>>30401862
Is it any good in doubles?
>>
>>30403392
>tfw you never got to use him

Fuck me up fampai
>>
>>30401862
I've noticed that every single "special" Pokemon in this game has 3 perfect IVs. Your Nihilego isn't that special.
>>
>>30403443
I'm not sure, it might be outclassed in doubles
>>
>>30403496
I know that, it's also all the other near-perfect IVs and them being in the right stats too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.