[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how much of an effect do IVs and EVs have on a pokemon's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: EeTKVTj.jpg (65KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
EeTKVTj.jpg
65KB, 640x623px
So, how much of an effect do IVs and EVs have on a pokemon's stats, anyway? Is it major, or relatively small, or just enough to make a difference? Pic unrelated.
>>
Major my dude, blissey can reach like 700 HP with ev training
>>
>>30401475
Very, very large difference.
>>
>>30401475
EVs and Natures do the most, IV's are good to have maxed anyways but you wont lose out on much if theyre just good
>>
IVs represent 31 points at level 100, and EVs represent 62 points at level 100.
>>
>>30401475
>Main game
Negligible.
>Post game battle facility
You'll want proper natures and EV training if you want to get far consistently. But perfect IVs aren't necessary.
>Hardcore PvP
Every stat matters, and people often squeeze every bit of efficiency out of their pokemon that they can.

Some posters above me laid out the numerical differences which also gives you the idea.
>>
>>30401572
And there's always the nature that plays a part
>>
>>30401572
So EVs are for autistic minmaxing, and IVs are for OCD autistic minmaxing. Got it.
>>
every stat matters, even if it comes down to 1 point.
>>
>>30401630
If you want to win battles against other players you need to be minmaxed.
>>
15 IV 100 EV (something you might end up with in a play through.)

100 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 139-165 (40.7 - 48.3%)

31 IV 252 EV

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 163-193 (47.8 - 56.5%)

So like 10% damage.

What really matters is speed, cause going second when you rightly could have gone first is bad.
>>
>>30401630
>Battle on showdown
>Use slider to set EV value
>Autistic
Or are you talking about breeding and EV training? Just inject, faggot.
>>
>>30401609
Yeah, but those are percentage based, so it's harder to measure the impact.
But basically just boost your biggest stat to get the most points and hit the type of attack you aren't using.
>>
>>30401630
Increasing your EV stat yield by 50% via IVs is a worthwhile and often necessary boost.
>>
Garchomp with 0 attack IVs and 0 attack EVs: 265 attack.
Garchomp with 31 attack IVs and 252 attack EVs: 359 attack
>>
>>30401716
Why would I have even asked if I was going to go on showdown? Of course I'd go max IVs and put EVs in the proper stats. I was wondering if it was worth the effort to have maxed IVs ingame.
Plus, I would inject if I could, but I'm retarded and updated my 3DS.
>>
>>30401986
In game, no, unless you want to go to town on the battle facilities or something. In competitve though, you're not gonna get far without at least decent IVs.
>>
>>30401475
Large. Between EV and IV spreads, you are looking at a difference of around 100 points per stat, 50 if playing at level 50. You don't necessarily NEED maxed IV's, except in Speed, but you need good ones. Find a thread giving out maxed Dittos.
EV training is pretty easy. Put on one of the Power items, and chain against SOS encounters. You can max a stat in about 10-20 minutes. Closer to 10 if you load up on stat drinks first.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.